In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 21st, 2017, 10:37pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron GBRFL Web Site, League Fee & General Announcements

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Featured Leagues
   GBRFL
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   GBRFL Web Site, League Fee & General Announcements
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14  ...  21 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: GBRFL Web Site, League Fee & General Announcements  (Read 54908 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: GBRFL Web Site, League Fee & General Announcem
« Reply #275 on: Apr 7th, 2012, 10:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The 2011 season has, ALAS, FINALLY come to its administrative close. The Extended Week 17 spreadsheet has been updated with stats through the Super Bowl, and the "Results" and "Standings" pages are up-to-date and have been revised to honor our current Champion and other award winners.  There was a reversal in the results of a couple of the games (of the five) that did not go final here until the very end from what they had been through the Conference Championships.  There was also some flip-flopping in the standings, which, notably at this point in the offseason with the NFL Draft right around the corner, greatly impacted the draft order of our 2012 GBRFL Draft!  Check it all on out at... http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/gbrfl/index.php.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #276 on: Jul 18th, 2012, 1:33am »

The "Rosters" and "Transactions" sections of the league site have been updated, including with the trades that have recently gone down.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #277 on: Aug 9th, 2012, 7:54pm »

Hey, guys... I have been out of pocket here this week. I have been at a conference and did not get a chance to apprise you guys before leaving. I am just now for the first time getting to a computer. I apologize. The conference runs through tomorrow, so I will remain out of pocket for about another 48 hours. At that time, I will announce the direction we will be going in with Draft (it looks like it is going to be Option 1, the Labor Day Weekend Extravaganza) and all the details and everything else that goes with that. Hang in there! See yous then!
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2012, 9:50pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #278 on: Sep 2nd, 2012, 4:53am »

Fellas, I have updated the "Rosters" (and "Transactions") page(s).  Enjoy gazing at your squads. I will try to have the rest of the site, and most importantly the lineup submissions section, updated by tomorrow night (my time)...
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #279 on: Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:37am »

on Sep 2nd, 2012, 4:53am, StegRock wrote:
Fellas, I have updated the "Rosters" (and "Transactions") page(s). Enjoy gazing at your squads. I will try to have the rest of the site, and most importantly the lineup submissions section, updated by tomorrow night (my time)...

THANKS for the quick work!!!

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #280 on: Sep 2nd, 2012, 12:34pm »

Thanks Steg.

GO TONY, GO TONY, GO TONY!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #281 on: Sep 2nd, 2012, 2:48pm »

Thanks for the thanks...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #282 on: Sep 2nd, 2012, 4:57pm »

Heyas, guys... The sooner, the better on team name changes, please! Today or tomorrow (before the work week kicks back in) would be much appreciated!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #283 on: Sep 2nd, 2012, 7:34pm »

Okay, fellas... The "Results", "Standings" and "Schedule" sections have been updated/reset for the new season. The only thing left is for me to turn over the "Lineups" section so we all can commence submitting lineups for Week 1, which are due by the kickoff of WEDNESDAY NIGHT's game! There is a good chance I will not get around to that until (for all intents and purposes for you guys back on the mainland) sometime tomorrow.  To reiterate something important from my last message, it would be great if all team name changes could be in by then! Anyway, thank you for your anticipated patience!
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2012, 7:35pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #284 on: Sep 3rd, 2012, 4:09pm »

"And, they're off..." The "Lineups" section has been turned over (and has been checked as to its being fully operational ... )! Week 1 lineups can now be submitted!!!

Please do NOT leave things to the last minute! I will be in class and in the office up to fairly close to (if not until AFTER) kickoff on Wednesday. Make sure you have your security permissions and can access your lineup forms NOW... Thank you!
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2012, 4:10pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #285 on: Sep 11th, 2012, 7:14pm »

Okay, fellas...  Everything is already all ready for Week 2.  The "Results", "Standings" and "Schedule" pages have been updated, and the "Lineups" section has been turned over so that lineups for Week 2 can now be submitted.  If you have concerns about game results in relation to your opponent's lineup, contact me by private message here OR just wait until Thursday night when lineups section will be turned back over.

By the way, every week around this time, Tuesday late afternoon/evening for you guys back on the mainland, is when I anticipate having this done.  This is a good window of time based on my work schedule.  So, barring unforeseen or exceptional circumstances, you guys can probably get into the habit of checking for the week's results and having access to your lineup submission form around this time every week.

Also, I have decided NOT to increase the league fee again this year, giving you all an opportunity to truly show your appreciation, which most of you do anyway, which, indeed, is a "contributing" factor to my not increasing the fee.  Indeed, I rather like this kind of setup.  I acknowledge and even personally thank those who give extra on "site donors" pages I have set up: http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/donate.htm and http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=58;a ction=display;num=1068780634;start=150.  In any case, the league fee stands for another year at $50.

Over and Out,
Steg
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #286 on: Sep 14th, 2012, 12:58am »

on Sep 13th, 2012, 9:44pm, DirkDiggler wrote:
I have a quick rule clarification. Joe only entered 3 RBs this week (thus why I think adding ANOTHER line up submission is such a mute point-guys cant even take the time to enter 1 correctly.) Am I correct in assuming that his 4th RB would be the RB that was listed 4th last week, then his 5th RB, OR would the RB he added via free agency go 4th? I am sure I could find this answer SOMEWHERE, but thought it would be quicker to ask.

I bring up this question because Ryan Matthews is listed as one of his 3 starters. He may play- but he may not.

After the three Joe listed, you would just start going down the list of his prior lineup, skipping players listed in his current one and adding the rest in the order of that prior lineup. For example, at running back, Daniel Thomas is his #4; Helu, his #5.
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2012, 5:43am by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #287 on: Sep 14th, 2012, 5:49am »

In further reply to my post right above in response to Steve's query, after exhausting ALL prior lineup submissions (in this case there is just the one for Week 1), the last thing consulted, if need be, is "order of acquisition" per the "Rosters" page.  So, Curtis Brinkley, Joe's free-agent pickup this week, would be last in the pecking order of his lineup at running back for this week.
Art Vandalay
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '96, '05
# 11

Bow to the master

View Profile

« Reply #288 on: Sep 14th, 2012, 11:27am »

OK. I'll be the first (or second I guess) to admit i didn't know that even if you submit a lineup, the rules still allow for reference to the last lineup. I though you were screwed if you didn't list a player on the current lineup.  

What's the point of posting all your players in the current lineup? It seems like you can get away with just listing your starters. unless you're Mark, Joe, Steve or Trout. Then you gotta throw everything out there and pray.

Why don't you just tell me what you want to see.
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #289 on: Sep 14th, 2012, 1:06pm »

LOL...aint that the truth  

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #290 on: Sep 14th, 2012, 8:37pm »

on Sep 14th, 2012, 11:27am, Art Vandalay wrote:
OK. I'll be the first (or second I guess) to admit i didn't know that even if you submit a lineup, the rules still allow for reference to the last lineup. I though you were screwed if you didn't list a player on the current lineup.  

What's the point of posting all your players in the current lineup? It seems like you can get away with just listing your starters. unless you're Mark, Joe, Steve or Trout. Then you gotta throw everything out there and pray.

on Sep 14th, 2012, 1:06pm, DOLFAN wrote:
LOL...aint that the truth

With all due respect, yous have not been paying careful attention then. But, I am glad you are now. That said, I think yous do know; yous just are not thinking it through. For one, I am certain both of you have been in many games down through the years where I have done this for either you or your opponent. Moreover, though, there is the logic of it. If you do not submit any lineup, what do I do? I defer to your last one. I am just doing, with partial lineups, what logically follows from/is logically consistent with that. That is to say, I am treating partial lineups the same, that is, in a consistent manner. Indeed, there is no (logical) reason not to do so, and, given the cascading aspect of our lineups, there is actually reason to do so. In any event, I have been doing it like this for years. Yes, you can get away with partial lineup submissions, that is, if/when you do not care about the order of your backups. Not thinking through your backups, though, especially in this day and age, is playing with fire! Furthermore, if we do make the move to two weekly lineup submissions, given the logic (of the "bottommost rule"), the order of backups will be even more important.
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2012, 9:32pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Art Vandalay
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '96, '05
# 11

Bow to the master

View Profile

« Reply #291 on: Sep 16th, 2012, 10:31am »

on Sep 14th, 2012, 8:37pm, StegRock wrote:

With all due respect, yous have not been paying careful attention then. But, I am glad you are now. That said, I think yous do know; yous just are not thinking it through. For one, I am certain both of you have been in many games down through the years where I have done this for either you or your opponent. Moreover, though, there is the logic of it. If you do not submit any lineup, what do I do? I defer to your last one. I am just doing, with partial lineups, what logically follows from/is logically consistent with that. That is to say, I am treating partial lineups the same, that is, in a consistent manner. Indeed, there is no (logical) reason not to do so, and, given the cascading aspect of our lineups, there is actually reason to do so. In any event, I have been doing it like this for years. Yes, you can get away with partial lineup submissions, that is, if/when you do not care about the order of your backups. Not thinking through your backups, though, especially in this day and age, is playing with fire! Furthermore, if we do make the move to two weekly lineup submissions, given the logic (of the "bottommost rule"), the order of backups will be even more important.

To me, not listing potential starters on your current lineup, would be the equivalent of not having them dress for the game. If they're not dressed, they can't play. But I digress....I'm not looking for a rule change, I was just using my own "logic" in interpreting this rule.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #292 on: Sep 16th, 2012, 2:48pm »

I get what you are saying, but to not do so would be to go against (at least the spirit if not the logic of) our cascading lineups.  To not do so would potentially serve to punish those who submitted a partial lineup more than those who submitted NO lineup.  That don't seem right!
« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2012, 2:55pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Art Vandalay
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '96, '05
# 11

Bow to the master

View Profile

« Reply #293 on: Sep 16th, 2012, 5:45pm »

I agree. Nuff said.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #294 on: Sep 25th, 2012, 7:13pm »

on Sep 11th, 2012, 7:14pm, StegRock wrote:
By the way, every week around this time, Tuesday late afternoon/evening for you guys back on the mainland, is when I anticipate having this done. This is a good window of time based on my work schedule. So, barring unforeseen or exceptional circumstances, you guys can probably get into the habit of checking for the week's results and having access to your lineup submission form around this time every week.

Not so this week, fellas... I am totally clusterfucked here today and this whole week. I will turn over the lineups section tonight, so that you can submit your Week 4 lineups starting tomorrow morning. Whether or not you will wake up to Week 3's updated results and standings is another matter. Probably not, and tomorrow afternoon the clusterfuck continues. I really do not come up for a little bit of air until tomorrow evening, and then Thursday afternoon/evening I am clusterfucked again. My hope is to have Week 3's stuff done before kickoff on Thursday. It is going to be close, though. Thank you for your anticipated patience and understanding.

On a different but VERY pressing note, league fees are due THIS WEEK. I will give yous until Sunday to get the payment in to me, but that means I will not process the free-agents for Week 4 until either I have everybody's payment in or kickoff Sunday. (Danny, I got yours yesterday, along with that healthy donation. Thank you very much! You will be acknowledged on the donations page when I can finally get around to that...) By the way, you all cannot send your payments off tonight or tomorrow and expect it to get to me by Sunday. The most immediate way to pay me is by credit/debit card directly or via PayPal. You can do that via this page: http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/donate.htm.
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2012, 12:45am by Stegfucius » Logged
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #295 on: Sep 25th, 2012, 10:07pm »

I just paid mine through the site.

IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '97, '00, '01, '11
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #296 on: Sep 25th, 2012, 11:37pm »

No worries with the results, I steam rolled Pak and he knows it! He probably can do without looking at the score ):.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #297 on: Sep 27th, 2012, 5:10pm »

Week 3 is, alas, behind us...  Check out the site...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #298 on: Oct 17th, 2012, 4:59am »

The "Transactions" and "Rosters" have been updated...  Lineups for Week 7 can now be submitted.  Week 6 results have yet to be processed.  I hope to have them up for when you guys wake up Thursday morning...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #299 on: Oct 23rd, 2012, 6:33pm »

Guys, I am lagging here today. We are probably looking at tomorrow late night for the Week 7 update. I am going to see what I can get done today, but it ain't looking good. Thanks in advance for your patience.
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2012, 6:33pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14  ...  21 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.