In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 20th, 2017, 10:32am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron GBRFL Web Site, League Fee & General Announcements

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Featured Leagues
   GBRFL
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   GBRFL Web Site, League Fee & General Announcements
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16  ...  21 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: GBRFL Web Site, League Fee & General Announcements  (Read 54867 times)
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

Re: GBRFL Web Site, League Fee & General Announcem
« Reply #325 on: Aug 19th, 2013, 12:42am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

thanks Steg!!

GO TONY, GO TONY, GO TONY!
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #326 on: Aug 19th, 2013, 7:27am »

on Aug 18th, 2013, 11:55pm, StegRock wrote:
"Rosters" and "Transactions" pages have been updated, fellas!!! Enjoy gazing at your 2013 starter squads!!!

Thank you

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Drew Rosenhaus
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '93, '03, '07, '12
# 54

View Profile

« Reply #327 on: Aug 19th, 2013, 1:27pm »

Thanks Steve for all the work - greatly appreciated! Good luck everyone - should be a fun one for sure.

She turned me into a newt!
A newt?
I got better. Burn her anyway!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #328 on: Aug 31st, 2013, 3:31am »

Well, this is it...  The league site is all ready for the kickoff of the 2013 season! For me, this is my 25th season! It has been one memorable haul through many different chapters of life, indeed...  Anyway, lineups can begin to be submitted!  Good luck, boyz!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #329 on: Sep 2nd, 2013, 7:38pm »

Heyas, guys... I have got to give yous a heads up on my schedule this fall especially since kickoff Thursdays tend to be a time guys like to get through to me... It will be impossible to get through to me on Thursdays! Please do not try to contact me with the intent of needing to speak with or hear back from me before kickoff. You should only contact me on Thursdays with matters about which you do not need me to reply before kickoff and about which you can just leave me a message, such as would be the case with official matters like last-minute lineup changes (of course, ideally you are doing that yourself through the lineup submissions form). I am out the door early in the morning, drop Monica off at school, have an early morning office hour, and then I am in class ALL day, through the kickoff of the Thursday night games (at least until you all fall back for daylight savings time, and even after then I will not be out of class much before kickoff), and then even after that I will in the office for a little bit. Given the time difference, this puts me totally out-of-pocket on Thursdays. Please make note of this, fellas! Indeed, my (Tuesday-)Thursday schedule is so rough and I have to be so focused on my job that I plan not to tempt fate by avoiding checking my e-mail, private messages here on "the Gridiron", and my cell or home phone voice mail before I am done for the day so as not to get sucked into and distracted by GBRFL matters, personal, such as trades, or official, like a problem with the web site. If you are having a problem submitting your lineup last-minute, just e-mail, private-message or voice-mail it in!

Thank you for your understanding and anticipated cooperation! Good luck Week 1!
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2013, 8:56pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #330 on: Sep 3rd, 2013, 9:53pm »

on Sep 2nd, 2013, 7:38pm, StegRock wrote:
Heyas, guys... I have got to give yous a heads up on my schedule this fall especially since kickoff Thursdays tend to be a time guys like to get through to me... It will be impossible to get through to me on Thursdays! Please do not try to contact me with the intent of needing to speak with or hear back from me before kickoff. You should only contact me on Thursdays with matters about which you do not need me to reply before kickoff and about which you can just leave me a message, such as would be the case with official matters like last-minute lineup changes (of course, ideally you are doing that yourself through the lineup submissions form). I am out the door early in the morning, drop Monica off at school, have an early morning office hour, and then I am in class ALL day, through the kickoff of the Thursday night games (at least until you all fall back for daylight savings time, and even after then I will not be out of class much before kickoff), and then even after that I will in the office for a little bit. Given the time difference, this puts me totally out-of-pocket on Thursdays. Please make note of this, fellas! Indeed, my (Tuesday-)Thursday schedule is so rough and I have to be so focused on my job that I plan not to tempt fate by avoiding checking my e-mail, private messages here on "the Gridiron", and my cell or home phone voice mail before I am done for the day so as not to get sucked into and distracted by GBRFL matters, personal, such as trades, or official, like a problem with the web site. If you are having a problem submitting your lineup last-minute, just e-mail, private-message or voice-mail it in!

Thank you for your understanding and anticipated cooperation! Good luck Week 1!

Guys, in connection with the above, let me share with yous how I am going to roll things on Thursdays this season. I have figured out how to do "Scheduled Uploads" with my FTP program. So, what I am going to do is leave my home computer on on Thursdays and schedule the lineups files (that turn the system over to "no submit and view all") to be uploaded at 9:00 p.m. (EST).  In other words, if all goes as planned, you will be able to view others lineups come 9:00 p.m. (EST). By then, the Thursday night game surely should have kicked off. Please do note, though, that a lot could go wrong with all of that. I will be eager to see how (smoothly or not) it goes on Thursday.

WITH THAT SAID, do remember that lineups need to be in and time-stamped BEFORE kickoff! I will consult the official game transcript at NFL.com to see exactly when the ball was kicked off. Any lineups (or lineup changes) submitted after that time will be voided!

Lastly, my intention is to have the week's free-agent transactions done that evening. It probably will not be until very late Eastern Standard Time, however, like after midnight. That said, you will presumably, hopefully have access to others' lineups before then and, if you so choose, can figure it out on your own.
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2013, 2:42pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #331 on: Sep 5th, 2013, 9:20pm »

Oh, Lawd... I can see that the game is being delayed. Are you kidding me? Of all years!!! Anyway, until kickoff, you all can still submit lineups/lineup adjustments. Problem is, I set the system to automatically turn over, and that was successful. So, I will NOT allow any changes to "free-agent" requests to be submitted. BUT, if you want to change your lineup, you have until kickoff. Just do so by e-mail, phone or private message here! Out...
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2013, 9:21pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #332 on: Sep 10th, 2013, 3:02pm »

Fellas, I want to let yous know how transitioning to the next week is going to work this year given my schedule.  Late on Tuesday I will turn the lineup submissions section back over so we can submit our lineups.  In effect, for you guys back east, it will be Wednesday morning.  However, the prior week's results will likely not yet be posted.  Tuesday is my most brutal day of the week (followed by Thursday, which is also very brutal).  My easiest days are Wednesdays and, the easiest, Fridays.  My plan is to have results for the prior week posted sometime on Wednesday.  In effect, again, for you guys back east, it may be Thursday morning, but I will do my best to get them posted as early as possible.  That said, if/when it is even possible, given the time difference, it is still going to be difficult to make that happen much before midnight.

So, that is the deal.  We are looking at a season during which you may be in the position of submitting a lineup before you know the prior week's results.  As yous should strategically know by now, if you are in that position, in relation to requesting free-agents, assume the best in terms of your place in the standings and make your request lists sufficiently long.  Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding and cooperation!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #333 on: Sep 22nd, 2013, 1:49pm »

Heyas, Fellas!  League fee is coming due soon (next week, Week 4).  If you are planning to send a check in the mail (VERY inadvisable at this point because it almost surely will not make it to me by Thursday if you send it regular mail), remember that we have moved since last year.  We are not at the same address!  So, please do contact me and get our new home address!

In other perhaps semi-related news, the 2012 plaques are in the works.  With life's hecticness and no get-together for the Summer Meeting & Draft, I have been getting on this VERY late in late years.  It will be earlier this year, but I do say that relative to the last couple during which guys (including me one of the years) did not receive their award goodies until the following February/March.  Things have just been too hectic.  However, my goal this year is for you guys to have the plaques by the end of the regular season.

Anyway, get those league fees in soon if you want to be eligible to get free-agents next week!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #334 on: Sep 26th, 2013, 12:58pm »

on Sep 22nd, 2013, 1:49pm, StegRock wrote:
Heyas, Fellas! League fee is coming due soon (next week, Week 4). If you are planning to send a check in the mail (VERY inadvisable at this point because it almost surely will not make it to me by Thursday if you send it regular mail), remember that we have moved since last year. We are not at the same address! So, please do contact me and get our new home address!

In other perhaps semi-related news, the 2012 plaques are in the works. With life's hecticness and no get-together for the Summer Meeting & Draft, I have been getting on this VERY late in late years. It will be earlier this year, but I do say that relative to the last couple during which guys (including me one of the years) did not receive their award goodies until the following February/March. Things have just been too hectic. However, my goal this year is for you guys to have the plaques by the end of the regular season.

Anyway, get those league fees in soon if you want to be eligible to get free-agents next week!!!

Fellas, IMPORTANT!!!  Lineups are rolling in, but LEAGUE FEES are NOT at the same clip!!!  If your league fee is NOT in by the kickoff of tonight's game, you are NOT eligible for free-agents this week!!!  You remain ineligible until the fee is received!!!  I do NOT want to have to enforce this!!!  Work with me here, fellas...

Alright, over and out...
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #335 on: Sep 26th, 2013, 7:19pm »

DOLFAN just paid up through the website.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #336 on: Sep 29th, 2013, 4:02pm »

Does anybody experience problems with the Java-driven buttons I use at the league web site? They are used for all the internal links in the page headers beyond the league home page (where I no longer use them and just use regular hyperlinks). I, for one, do not at home (in Explorer and Firefox, though I do a little bit in Chrome in which I have to manually load them every time), but I do experience serious problems with them at work (where the security features make those buttons problematic). How about you guys? Please let me know...
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2013, 4:03pm by Stegfucius » Logged
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #337 on: Sep 29th, 2013, 8:21pm »

Yes, I have been having this years since last year, just thought it was my machine and moved forward.

DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #338 on: Sep 30th, 2013, 8:14pm »

I have the same problem.  I can only access web pages from the home screen.  I get a pop up bar asking me to install Java, but it never installs and is a vicious loop I get stuck in.

I figured it was my new computer only had new versions of Java

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #339 on: Sep 30th, 2013, 11:05pm »

on Sep 30th, 2013, 8:14pm, DirkDiggler wrote:
I have the same problem. I can only access web pages from the home screen. I get a pop up bar asking me to install Java, but it never installs and is a vicious loop I get stuck in.

That is basically what happens to me in Explorer at work.  In Firefox the buttons simply do not display.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #340 on: Oct 6th, 2013, 6:10pm »

on Sep 29th, 2013, 4:02pm, StegRock wrote:
Does anybody experience problems with the Java-driven buttons I use at the league web site? They are used for all the internal links in the page headers beyond the league home page (where I no longer use them and just use regular hyperlinks). I, for one, do not at home (in Explorer and Firefox, though I do a little bit in Chrome in which I have to manually load them every time), but I do experience serious problems with them at work (where the security features make those buttons problematic). How about you guys? Please let me know...

Anybody else???  PLEASE chime in...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #341 on: Oct 7th, 2013, 1:33am »

on Oct 6th, 2013, 6:10pm, StegRock wrote:
Anybody else??? PLEASE chime in...

Alright, fellas, we can put the brakes on this survey.  I had some free time today to deal with this and thought I would earn my dime an hour...

Whatever the case may have been for each of you, I went ahead and fixed this.  I went through the web site (even pages for past years) and replaced the Java-driven button links with GIF (graphical) links.  The pages look basically the same.  A little bit of the "fancy" is lost (at least for now), but the environment is now much stabler.  Especially those who experienced this problem at work or wherever, you can now ENJOY navigating the league web site much more smoothly!  That said, if anybody notices any snafus, please report them!  Again, have fun navigating around the site more smoothly!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #342 on: Oct 15th, 2013, 1:03am »

on Oct 7th, 2013, 1:33am, StegRock wrote:
Alright, fellas, we can put the brakes on this survey. I had some free time today to deal with this and thought I would earn my dime an hour...

Whatever the case may have been for each of you, I went ahead and fixed this. I went through the web site (even pages for past years) and replaced the Java-driven button links with GIF (graphical) links. The pages look basically the same. A little bit of the "fancy" is lost (at least for now), but the environment is now much stabler. Especially those who experienced this problem at work or wherever, you can now ENJOY navigating the league web site much more smoothly! That said, if anybody notices any snafus, please report them! Again, have fun navigating around the site more smoothly!

Curious...  Is league site navigation now more smooth???
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #343 on: Oct 15th, 2013, 10:23am »

on Oct 15th, 2013, 1:03am, StegRock wrote:

Curious... Is league site navigation now more smooth???

yes, THANK YOU!!!!   Much appreciated!!

DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #344 on: Oct 15th, 2013, 4:40pm »

Yes, thanks.  

All my WRs that catch TDs has made it smoother too. LOL.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #345 on: Nov 1st, 2013, 1:33am »

Heyas, guys...  Please be a bit patient with the transactions this week.  I was in the hospital today, a bit of a scare, but it seems that I am out of the woods.  Indeed, I am home tonight.
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '97, '00, '01, '11
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #346 on: Nov 1st, 2013, 1:36am »

Ughh, that vaginitis can get bad. Glad you are okay.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #347 on: Nov 1st, 2013, 1:13pm »

Hope all is well Steg!!!   Feel better and be safe.

DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #348 on: Nov 1st, 2013, 4:59pm »

Hope you feel better Steve, take some time to yourself and relax. Life is too short.  

DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #349 on: Nov 7th, 2013, 7:49pm »

I am on my mobile device and can not reenter line ups.  Sorry!

I want to switch my second and third free agent pick ups.   It should go 1,3,2, 456

Second round should follow the same order as the first too please in regards to player order.  

Thank you and apoligies!

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16  ...  21 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.