In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 5:09pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron GBRFL Web Site, League Fee & General Announcements

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Featured Leagues
   GBRFL
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   GBRFL Web Site, League Fee & General Announcements
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: GBRFL Web Site, League Fee & General Announcements  (Read 81108 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: GBRFL Web Site, League Fee & General Announcem
« Reply #525 on: Nov 6th, 2018, 2:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Off today (and already voted on Saturday -- it seems like that has to be said in this virtue-signaling day and age in which we find ourselves )...  So, Week 9 results likely to be up early, that is, later today.  Be on the lookout!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #526 on: Nov 6th, 2018, 9:11pm »

on Nov 6th, 2018, 2:49pm, Stegfucius wrote:
Off today (and already voted on Saturday -- it seems like that has to be said in this virtue-signaling day and age in which we find ourselves )...  So, Week 9 results likely to be up early, that is, later today.  Be on the lookout!

There yous go...  "Enjoy"... <-THAT is relative, I know.  Trust me...  I KNOW!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #527 on: Nov 14th, 2018, 6:46pm »

Heyas, guys...  Ugh...  Forgot to turn over the lineup section last night.  (FYI, I need to be reminded about this heading into Tuesdays.)  I will get on it a.s.a.p., but that will not be until I get home this evening, for all intents and purposes when most of you wake up in the morning.  Thank you for your understanding and patience.
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '97, '00, '01, '11
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #528 on: Nov 14th, 2018, 8:24pm »

Then i guess its too much to ask to get the results up quicker?  

Just fucking with you, don't go postal!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #529 on: Nov 14th, 2018, 11:44pm »

on Nov 14th, 2018, 6:46pm, Stegfucius wrote:
Heyas, guys...  Ugh...  Forgot to turn over the lineup section last night.  (FYI, I need to be reminded about this heading into Tuesdays.)  I will get on it a.s.a.p., but that will not be until I get home this evening, for all intents and purposes when most of you wake up in the morning.  Thank you for your understanding and patience.

DONE!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #530 on: Nov 15th, 2018, 6:15am »

on Nov 14th, 2018, 8:24pm, IbdFunk wrote:
Then i guess its too much to ask to get the results up quicker?

I am going to make a suggestion here in all seriousness... because I know that there are some, at least one, here who could make it happen.  I have been organizing leagues for 30 years, running our beloved GBRFL the last 26, the league website for 19 years and then this site for the last 16.  Point being, I have the resume.  Meanwhile, I have charged the same league fee of $50 for over 20 years now.  Most send me more, quite a bit more in some cases, but I really do not make anything off this.  There is a little scratch I can keep for myself from year to year.  But, make no mistakes...  This is a job.

Thing is, I am at critical professional and personal crossroads, of which most of you are more or less in the know, and I do not see its letting up any year soon.  I think we are going to get stuck in Hawaii.  In fact, Gino and I have decided for me to ease up on the job hunt, which has been debilitating, and take a different tack, at least for the near term.  Indeed, adjustments have to be made to accommodate the reality that we are going to be stuck in a place where the cost of living is absolutely crushing.

On the flip side, it just so happens that my line of work and my specific circumstances at this juncture realistically afford me some flexibility.  That said, as a full-time adjunct professor in the UH system, I am on pace to teach an ungodly 12 to 13 (3-credit) classes this academic year, and I see no let up in that brutal pace as long as I remain in Hawaii and working as an adjunct.

Meanwhile, would you like results posted and the lineups section religiously turned over on Tuesdays?  Would you like lineups revealed immediately upon kickoff on Thursdays and transactions processed promptly thereafter?  Would you like to see the plaques get done and go out more promptly?  No promises in what follows, but there are possibilities...  Would you like to see upgrades to the league website and spreadsheet?  While my computer and code-hacking skills, which were at a peak back around 2002 to 2007, are not what they used to be, there are some things that I want to do (and learn how to do) that, as things stand, just cannot get off the far back burner.  Would you like to see upgrades here and some life breathed back into "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com"?  Get a writing staff again!  Bring back the GBRFL2?  Bottom line, would you like, at least during the late summer and through the NFL season a FULLY dedicated league commissioner and website administrator?

Is it possible?  Yes, if I teach just three classes in the fall, and indeed I can go to the department chairs at Leeward and Windward and tell them to schedule me for only three classes next fall, moreover, at times optimal vis-à-vis doing fantasy-football stuff.  In that case I would still be eligible for benefits, and with enrollment down across the board these days and many adjunct professorial mouths to feed, they would to some degree welcome it themselves, and I would absolutely welcome the prospect of a little less time in the classroom (as I am getting gassed with no end in sight).  THING IS, not that I do not think my efforts in this realm are worth it (indeed, I think they are), but, that aside, this would not be about paying me based on hours logged or what you think doing this stuff is worth.  It would be about making up the difference in what I would be giving up in salary, and I make roughly $7,000 per (3-credit) class.  I would be giving up at least one, in all likelihood two, and possibly three classes.  Ultimately, I would be willing to split the difference between a loss of one and two classes.  THAT would give you all the smoother GBRFL experience many of you are yearning for.  Only one thing -- and relatively not even that much of it -- stands in the way of this reality,... like most great things or, at least, things we would like to see done.  I am willing and, moreover, uniquely able given my profession to provide this.
DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '95, '98, '08, '09, '10, '13, '15, '17, '19
# 22

9X Ultimate Supreme Champion

View Profile

« Reply #531 on: Nov 20th, 2018, 1:25pm »

I think that someone should respond to Steg's post.  In my opinion, everyone in the league is (and has always been) very appreciative of Steg's efforts in setting up and running the league.  The only possible expection is Feder (who is also appreciative and mostly F'ing with the commish from what I can tell).

I assume that everyone would agree with me that getting quicker results would be nice but we also understand that it is a time-consuming process.  If someone wants the results immediately, they could process them on their own.  I am sure that there are a number of guys who would also be willing/able to pitch in with the site should Steg wants some assistance.  That seems to be a better option that giving up classes.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #532 on: Nov 20th, 2018, 1:54pm »

Yes, we are all appreciative and that is why I for one don't complain about not having results.    Work and family are the priorities for all of us.  We all have issues with work and I for recognize how much work updating all of the rosters, transactions, and results takes.    

If I can assist with admin side, I would be happy to.

« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2018, 2:01pm by DirkDiggler » Logged

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #533 on: Nov 20th, 2018, 2:34pm »

I only mess with him. He beat me this week so he can shit talk and give me hell. I had never not been appreciative , and pay him 3 times of the league fee. Can&#8217;t help that he is sensitive like a chick
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
Champ - '16
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #534 on: Mar 19th, 2019, 4:48pm »

I sent and email to all with updated 2019, 2020, and 2021 draft grids with trades...check your emails.

GO TONY, GO TONY, GO TONY!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #535 on: Jul 21st, 2019, 9:32pm »

Good job, Joe!  

Along these lines, I have gone ahead and updated the "Rosters" pages on the GBRFL site!  Enjoy...
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2019, 12:27am by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #536 on: Jul 22nd, 2019, 12:33am »

on Jul 21st, 2019, 9:32pm, Stegfucius wrote:
Good job, Joe!  

Along these lines, I have gone ahead and updated the "Rosters" pages on the GBRFL site!  Enjoy...

"Transactions" pages now updated as well...
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
Champ - '16
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #537 on: Jul 22nd, 2019, 1:51pm »

Thx Steg.

GO TONY, GO TONY, GO TONY!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #538 on: Aug 8th, 2019, 12:37am »

The "Rosters" page and, moreover, the "Schedule" page on the GBRFL website have been updated post Wednesday's Draft Lottery!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #539 on: Aug 8th, 2019, 11:27pm »

Well, fellas, except for the lineup submissions section, the GBRFL website, is fully updated for the 2019-2020 season!!!  The sections/pages that were updated today are: "Results", "Standings" and even the "History" page as well as a small update on the league home page.  On the note of league history, we have some owners hitting some milestones in their FF "careers": Dave Trout is entering his 35th year; Frank Gonzalez, his 30th; Steve Warner and Joe Parsons are both in their 25th years!!!  That is some SERIOUS experience.  Altogether, we have got a TOTAL of 268 YEARS of fantasy-football experience!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #540 on: Aug 25th, 2019, 7:26pm »

"Transactions" and "Rosters" pages at the GBRFL website been brought up to the moment... to include the latest trades.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #541 on: Aug 25th, 2019, 8:04pm »

on Aug 25th, 2019, 7:26pm, Stegfucius wrote:
"Transactions" and "Rosters" pages at the GBRFL website been brought up to the moment... to include the latest trades.

THANK YOU SIR!

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #542 on: Aug 26th, 2019, 6:15am »

"Rosters" page at the GBRFL website updated post-cuts!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #543 on: Sep 2nd, 2019, 1:43am »

"Rosters" and "Transactions" pages at the GBRFL website have been brought up to date post-draft!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #544 on: Sep 2nd, 2019, 6:50pm »

Alright, fellas, lots of important notes here as we head into Week 1...

1) Remember to submit your lineups by the scheduled kickoff of the Thursday night game, which is 8:20 p.m. (ET)!

2) If you want to change the name of your team, the sooner the better, please!  With every passing week, it only becomes more work.

3) Until or unless I advise otherwise, do NOT pay your league fee by credit card (which has been my preferred method).  I do NOT at present have a credit-card processor (long story, but I went through a nightmare last year, not so much due to the company with which I was working, but with changing laws as regards fantasy football, in general, in Hawaii, specifically -- bottom line, I did not receive ANY of you all's payments that were made by credit card last year until midway through January... ugh)!  That said, you may have noticed by visiting the "Site Donors" thread on "the Sidelines" that Joe has already paid his league fee (with a little added -- thank you, Joe).  He just sent me a check.  If you want to do that, pop me a message requesting my home address, preferably right here on "the Gridiron" via private message.  The alternative is to send it through PayPal to theGridiron@FantasyFootballer.com.

4) Last, but definitely not least, the "Lineup Submission" section at the league website is LIVE!  You can go ahead and get to submitting your Week 1 lineups at will...
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #545 on: Sep 2nd, 2019, 8:33pm »

Thanks for all you do
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #546 on: Sep 3rd, 2019, 8:42pm »

For some reason, the line up submission page is not currently working.  And while I will retry later, I sent in a temp line up as well just in case.

I notified Steg and I am sure he will take a look at it when he can.    If for some reason this is the only time in the next two days, be sure to send it to Steg via PM, text, etc.    

Otherwise, be patient!

IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #547 on: Sep 3rd, 2019, 8:56pm »

i had the same issue
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #548 on: Sep 3rd, 2019, 10:57pm »

I just tried it, and it worked fine...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #549 on: Sep 4th, 2019, 4:50am »

Okay...  Things had been working.  Several of us had successfully input lineups.  I just went in to tinker with things "behind the scenes", though, and ran into trouble.  And, now, when I went to submit another test lineup, I too am getting the error message.  I am guessing we are all going to run into trouble now.  So, everybody, just hang in there.  I got to get a trouble ticket in to tech support.  They may get it rectified overnight (my time), so you are welcome to give it a try.  But, if no go, just remain calm for the time being, and wait for the update from me.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.