In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 18th, 2017, 1:28am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron The... Just Talk Thread

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Featured Leagues
   GBRFL
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   The... Just Talk Thread
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The... Just Talk Thread  (Read 28041 times)
Travistotle
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '06
# 414

Semper Philosophans

View Profile

Re: The... Just Talk Thread
« Reply #325 on: Feb 15th, 2017, 2:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Congrats, Joe!!!  Well done, sir!  You were unstoppable.
Travistotle
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '06
# 414

Semper Philosophans

View Profile

« Reply #326 on: Aug 14th, 2017, 12:52am »

Yet another year of fantasy football brings yet another way to get screwed over.  No, not by being 1st or 2nd in the lottery and getting the 7th -- er, I mean, 5th -- spot.  I wasn't in the lottery this year, so the fantasy football gods found another way: "Hmmm, let's have the Bills trade Sammy Watkins to a team that starts Jared Goff at qb.  Yes, that's a great idea.  Oh, it also screws over Tyrod Taylor!  A two-for-one hatchet job!  Excellent, yes, that will do just fine."  The salt in the wound is that I have to choke down the Jared Goff kool-aid they're peddling in these here SoCal environs just to keep my fantasy football sanity.  

Of course, there's also the Latavius Murray situation to submarine my team...
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '97, '00, '01, '11
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #327 on: Aug 14th, 2017, 1:51pm »

Boo fucking hoo. You don't hear Steg bitching that he traded Brock osweiler for aj green, or zek out for 6 games ect. Just getting started, it's all about who stays healthy and what systems certain guys are in. Deal with it as they tell me
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #328 on: Aug 14th, 2017, 4:14pm »

on Aug 14th, 2017, 12:52am, Travistotle wrote:
Yet another year of fantasy football brings yet another way to get screwed over. No, not by being 1st or 2nd in the lottery and getting the 7th -- er, I mean, 5th -- spot. I wasn't in the lottery this year, so the fantasy football gods found another way: "Hmmm, let's have the Bills trade Sammy Watkins to a team that starts Jared Goff at qb. Yes, that's a great idea. Oh, it also screws over Tyrod Taylor! A two-for-one hatchet job! Excellent, yes, that will do just fine." The salt in the wound is that I have to choke down the Jared Goff kool-aid they're peddling in these here SoCal environs just to keep my fantasy football sanity.

Of course, there's also the Latavius Murray situation to submarine my team...

That is an epic whine the likes of which we typically only hear from Feder!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #329 on: Aug 27th, 2017, 5:53pm »

And, now Meredith goes down with a torn ACL... the day after cuts. And, Danny thinks this only happens to him. I lose Edelman, a truly protectable player, and I suck it up and cut him. Danny loses Tannehill, a scrub, and he calls for the rules to be immediately changed so as to accommodate his misfortune. I cannot even do with Meredith what Danny should have done with Tannehill (and, perhaps, Bortles too ).
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2017, 5:55pm by Stegfucius » Logged
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #330 on: Aug 27th, 2017, 7:13pm »

on Aug 27th, 2017, 5:53pm, Stegfucius wrote:
And, now Meredith goes down with a torn ACL... the day after cuts. And, Danny thinks this only happens to him. I lose Edelman, a truly protectable player, and I suck it up and cut him. Danny loses Tannehill, a scrub, and he calls for the rules to be immediately changed so as to accommodate his misfortune. I cannot even do with Meredith what Danny should have done with Tannehill (and, perhaps, Bortles too ).

You got screwed over the last 3 days.

« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2017, 7:16pm by DirkDiggler » Logged

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #331 on: Aug 27th, 2017, 7:18pm »

Worry about your own team ,,,,, just FEEL iT! Yup, doesn't only happen to me, it happens to everyone. We should have an IR spot, maybe its a sign for you to wake the fuck up! Well, better you then me but next week could be me.
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #332 on: Aug 27th, 2017, 7:37pm »

I'll Chime in not slamming anybody's team, but I lost AP and Gronk for most of last year, and carried them all year long. This just happens in the NFL.
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2017, 7:54pm by DOLFAN » Logged

GO TONY, GO TONY, GO TONY!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #333 on: Aug 27th, 2017, 7:49pm »

on Aug 27th, 2017, 7:18pm, IbdFunk wrote:
Worry about your own team ,,,,, just FEEL iT! Yup, doesn't only happen to me, it happens to everyone. We should have an IR spot, maybe its a sign for you to wake the fuck up! Well, better you then me but next week could be me.

Dude, think it through...  You have not given justification for adding an IR spot.  What you have stated here is just as much justification to leave it the way it is with no IR spot as it is justification to add an IR spot. If anything, you have demonstrated the whimsical, arbitrary, frivolous and, indeed, unnecessary nature of the proposal.  In fact, thankfully, I think you have successfully laid it to rest! Alas, good riddance to this discussion!
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #334 on: Aug 27th, 2017, 8:12pm »

Unfortunately, the two players you have lost are not important enough to keep but if it was a blue chip player maybe you would feel different. Anyway, good thing you can drop him week one to make room for someone else. If this was a ty Hilton ect. It would suck to have him take up a roster spot, obviously you don't think so.
Drew Rosenhaus
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '93, '03, '07, '12
# 54

View Profile

« Reply #335 on: Aug 27th, 2017, 11:16pm »

Injuries absolutely suck, especially when they are in games that simply don't matter for those injured (Tannehill and Steg's two receivers prime examples this year). Still dead set against an IR spot (Robert Edwards on the beach).

Has anyone heard from Frank? Do sincerely hope all is good with him and with his family.

She turned me into a newt!
A newt?
I got better. Burn her anyway!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #336 on: Aug 28th, 2017, 12:29am »

on Aug 27th, 2017, 8:12pm, IbdFunk wrote:
Unfortunately, the two players you have lost are not important enough to keep but if it was a blue chip player maybe you would feel different. Anyway, good thing you can drop him week one to make room for someone else. If this was a ty Hilton ect. It would suck to have him take up a roster spot, obviously you don't think so.

If it was Hilton, yes, he is worth monopolizing a spot for a season; Tannehill, no.

Trash talk aside, point being, Danny, guys who are really worth it are worth stashing with one of your current TWENTY-ONE roster spots or TWELVE protection spots.  Case in point, if you went ahead and committed that IR spot to Tannehill and then A.J. Green went down for the season, you would probably want to either cut Tannehill and devote the IR spot to Green or just suck it up and keep Green with one of your 21/12 spots.

It is well worth leaving it alone and forcing us to make the difficult decisions regarding the Tannehills, Edelmans and Merediths of the game.  In a league in which the rosters are sooooo deeeeep, having to possibly free up those kinds of guys when they sustain season-ending injuries (or receive season-long suspensions?) has the upshot of enhancing league parity a bit.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #337 on: Aug 30th, 2017, 8:57pm »

Reached Frank! He is alive and well. He just spaced the submission of his protections.  He honorably owns the consequences of his faux pas.
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2017, 8:58pm by Stegfucius » Logged
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #338 on: Aug 30th, 2017, 9:02pm »

on Aug 30th, 2017, 8:57pm, Stegfucius wrote:
Reached Frank! He is alive and well. He just spaced the submission of his protections. He honorably owns the consequences of his faux pas.

Glad he is well.   The good news is he only lost 1 good player - and that player is coming off an ACL injury.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #339 on: Sep 10th, 2017, 4:20pm »

Not enough IR spots,... just for my receivers, mind you.  Thing is, there will never be enough.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #340 on: Sep 10th, 2017, 7:17pm »

Wow. Brutal. If think you should go for ANOTHER bears WR next week.

While it is still early, I am pretty confident that I will be in the hunt for the first free agent pick next week. Been that kind of week and the performance of my players after the my #1 starter has been absolutely pathetic!!!
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2017, 7:18pm by DirkDiggler » Logged

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #341 on: Sep 10th, 2017, 7:32pm »

My focus was not even on Smith.  It was on Robinson.  Smith is the next Charles Rogers.  His career is over.  If Robinson's injury is severe -- it appears to be -- and he is done for the season, his career could be on the ropes as well, in which case he will end up being a one-year wonder.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #342 on: Sep 10th, 2017, 11:18pm »

What are the chances that you have a receiver on your team suffer a season-ending ACL injury early in the season?  Fifty-fifty, I suppose.  Still a reasonable hope that you will not.

A total of three receivers suffer season-ending ACL tears over a span of less than two and half weeks during the end of the preseason and the first week of the regular season.  We have ten teams in our league.  What are the chances that you have ANY of these three receivers on your team?  Low.  What are the chances that you have ALL of them?  100%... if your name is Steg.
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #343 on: Sep 11th, 2017, 11:04am »

If i posted that Steg i would get blasted. I lost basically my entire team last year and all i was told was to FEEL IT! So, back at you, FEEL IT!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #344 on: Sep 11th, 2017, 4:34pm »

on Sep 11th, 2017, 11:04am, IbdFunk wrote:
If i posted that Steg i would get blasted. I lost basically my entire team last year and all i was told was to FEEL IT! So, back at you, FEEL IT!

I disagree.  The difference lies, not in the "what", but in the "how".  I am expressing it in a matter-of-fact way.  You express it like a whiny little bitch.  This particular dismantling of my receiving corps via season-ending injury this early in the year is statistically, somewhat notable.
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #345 on: Sep 11th, 2017, 6:24pm »

No, it sounded like a whiny little bitch. Between your comments and Warner about his loss, its a whiny little bitch show. Stating the facts!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #346 on: Sep 11th, 2017, 7:31pm »

on Sep 11th, 2017, 6:24pm, IbdFunk wrote:
No, it sounded like a whiny little bitch. Between your comments and Warner about his loss, its a whiny little bitch show. Stating the facts!

You are such a troll...  You sound like a whiny bitch right now.  It is about the "how", not the "what".  It is about demonstrating your case, not just stating it.  Also, Steve's and my lamentations do not come with a call to change the rules to make up for our misfortunes.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #347 on: Sep 14th, 2017, 4:06am »

There were some rough losses Week 1,... one by yours truly.  Ugh...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #348 on: Sep 24th, 2017, 4:55pm »

Ever since my little move of going without a placekicker at the end of last season, how about the silly struggles I am having at placekicker here to start this season???

Week 1 - Janikowski: 0 points, deactivated totally unexpectedly (I had the right idea -- Tavecchio had a MONSTER game);

Week 2 - Koo: 3 points, 1-3 on field-goal attempts (granted, I picked him up only because he is Korean);

Week 3 - Parkey: 0 points (against the Jets), even misses an extra point.

This would be hilarious if it was not costing me games (at least one Week 1).

Ah, c'est la vie...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #349 on: Oct 1st, 2017, 4:57pm »

My team really is comically awful,... and this is really the least of it, but it typifies the comic tragedy that is my team...

on Sep 24th, 2017, 4:55pm, Stegfucius wrote:
Ever since my little move of going without a placekicker at the end of last season, how about the silly struggles I am having at placekicker here to start this season???

Week 1 - Janikowski: 0 points, deactivated totally unexpectedly (I had the right idea -- Tavecchio had a MONSTER game);

Week 2 - Koo: 3 points, 1-3 on field-goal attempts (granted, I picked him up only because he is Korean);

Week 3 - Parkey: 0 points (against the Jets), even misses an extra point.

This would be hilarious if it was not costing me games (at least one Week 1).

Ah, c'est la vie...

Week 4 - Parkey: 0 points (against the Saints), not even an attempt in a game that was projected to be high-scoring.

(Mind you, this all began with...

Week 17 (2017) - NO placekicker: 0 points by choice

So, over the last five weeks, going back to last season, I have all of three points from a placekicker, and even those three were from a guy who went 1-for-3 in attempts.  Is this my punishment?)

All I can do is laugh at this point (and flick this shit off and go and enjoy the day -- enjoying Halloween destinations on the Travel Channel with the family this morning).
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.