In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 5:16am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron 2019 Schedule

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Featured Leagues
   GBRFL
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   2019 Schedule
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2019 Schedule  (Read 889 times)
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

2019 Schedule
« on: Apr 16th, 2019, 11:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Guys-

Since the NFL schedule is being released tomorrow, I thought I throw out what Steg and I have worked on for the GBRFL schedule.   We have arranged the GBRFL schedule so all teams will have the same single game and double header weeks.    It is confusing as fuck, but I will be able to send the schedule out later this week after the NFL releases their schedule.  I just wanted to share the methodology so there was full disclosure.   No need to read further if you dont give a damn.   I am just putting it out there so you know that we thought about it and it was disclosed BEFORE the NFL schedule was released.  

So here it is:

Each team needs to play 27 games each season within 16 weeks, that means each team will have 5 single game weeks (5 games) and 11 double header weeks.  (22 games).

1 single game week will be week 16.  The other 4 weeks will occur on the weeks that have the most # of teams on byes.   If there are more or less weeks with high number of teams on byes, we will use the following method to determine when those byes will occur.  

4 weeks with equal # of byes:   all 4 weeks
If there are 5 weeks with equal byes, the 3rd week will have a double header.
If there are 6 weeks, then week 3 and 5
7 weeks, week 2, 4, 6 would have double headers
8 weeks, weeks 2, 4, 6, 7 would have double headers
9 weeks, weeks 2, 4. 5. 7. 9

If there are less than 4 weeks with max # of number of teams on  byes, the remainder bye weeks would be the weeks with the second highest # of teams starting at the first occurrence.    

Confused?  Sorry.  Bottom line is this, every team will have the same weeks with single and double header games.   The 5 bye weeks will be week 16 and 4 other weeks with the highest number of teams on bye.   The above will be used to determine those 4 weeks.    

« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2019, 11:41pm by DirkDiggler » Logged

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

Re: 2019 Schedule
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17th, 2019, 11:06pm »

Single game weeks will be 7, 8, 9, 11 and 16.

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 18th, 2019, 5:29pm »

Looks good, Stevo!

Just to be clear, all, our extended Week 17 bumper week will remain the same.  A full season remains comprised of 29 games!
DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '95, '98, '08, '09, '10, '13, '15, '17, '19
# 22

9X Ultimate Supreme Champion

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 4th, 2019, 8:19pm »

Why is week 16 a single?  There are no byes by then.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: May 5th, 2019, 12:13am »

on May 4th, 2019, 8:19pm, DB wrote:
Why is week 16 a single?  There are no byes by then.

Teams heading to the playoffs really start resting players.  Also, teams out of the running more freely start to bench players and send them to the IR.

That is not to mention that that particular aspect of the newly crafted schedule is not a change.  It has been that way since 1998.  So, there is long-standing precedent.  Unfortunately, there is no "extension" to fall back on like there is for Week 17.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.