In remembrance of 9/11/01



Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 24th, 2017, 5:56am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Nice FF Sites and Domains!

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   between the 20's
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   Nice FF Sites and Domains!
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2 3 4  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Nice FF Sites and Domains!  (Read 21855 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

*****




I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile WWW Email

Posts: 18978

Back to top

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #25 on: May 30th, 2003, 12:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on May 29th, 2003, 10:34pm, ZAGS wrote:
I am sorry if I offended anyone with my comments! I thought this was a thread where we talked about what fantasy sites we thought where cool. I am sorry if I think that kffl is better than any thing on "The Real Feed." I did check out all the sites on the "The Real Feed," I just didn't find one I like better than KFFL. Once again, I am sorry for posting my opinion!

 
on May 29th, 2003, 10:43pm, theWave wrote:
I agree that while the Zags post didn't EXACTLY pertain to the last few posts, it did contain his opinion. And while the opinion expressed by the Zags was not particularly a popular one, I believe there's no reason to fly off the handle. He was simply saying, with which I happen to agree, that KFFL presents the daily news in such a way that is friendly to the senses, with no other distractions. Just a little constructive criticism...

 
God damn!  Can we speak to the point of the thread and not at me?  Have either of you just taken the time to find the question yet and, moreover, consider answering it?
 
ZAGS, here, you have taken a peripheral point and made it the main point!  Not to mention, you are doing it incorrectly!  Category-wise, "The REAL Feed" itself along with the rest of "the Gridiron Newsstand" would be the source that is "comparable" to KFFL's "Hot Off The Wire", not the sources to which it all links!  You do know that KFFL basically gets the information they report on from the sources on "the Gridiron Newsstand", right?  Anyway, this is not even the point of the thread.
 
Mr. Wave, accordingly, it is not at all that ZAGS point was "unpopular"!  I agree that KFFL's "Hot Off The Wire" is a good resource!  It's that his post is NOT even remotely connected to what this thread is about!  Do you not get that?
 
Here's the easiest way to solve this...  How about each of you participate in the effort HERE, the betterment of which can help the SBFFL site, and respond to the question I asked eight posts above?  That would be the most "constructive" way for you guys to "get it" at this point and for all of us to move on.  And, back to the peripheral issue here, on "the Gridiron" @ FantasyFootballer.com, unlike at KFFL, you all can "make a difference."  I mean I am always asking for you all's feedback on this and that and using that input, which is what I am doing here, and what I got in return in the case here is, well,... and then justification.  Easiest way to "fix" this would be to (realize "oops") look over the thread and find the question to which I am referring and then just answer it and participate in the effort HERE!
 
Again, yes, I am quite frustrated here because all I want is to incorporate your guys' energy in the development of this site.  Instead, I got a plug for another site in this instance!  Are you following me here? ... Can you see where I am coming from? If you find yourself still not empathizing with me, it is probably because you still have not "addressed" the issue and read through the thread, so PLEASE READ THROUGH THE THREAD!
Logged
theWave
Assistant Coach
***
# 121



Cumar is the man!

   
View Profile Email

Posts: 67

Back to top

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #26 on: May 30th, 2003, 8:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Read it about 4 times in a week,  thanks.  Doesn't really move me.
Logged

We are in a constant state of evaluation....
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
*****
# 24



Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

  nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

Posts: 3373

Back to top

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #27 on: May 30th, 2003, 12:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Intelligence at it's finest...
 
 
 
on May 30th, 2003, 8:18am, theWave wrote:
Read it about 4 times in a week, thanks. Doesn't really move me.

Logged

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

*****




I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile WWW Email

Posts: 18978

Back to top

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #28 on: May 30th, 2003, 12:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on May 30th, 2003, 8:18am, theWave wrote:
Read it about 4 times in a week, thanks. Doesn't really move me.

 
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
 
I can only guess that you think that sounds cool or something... Are you in PA's league or PA's class?
Logged
ZAGS
Guest

Email

Back to top

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #29 on: May 30th, 2003, 1:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

What do mean is he in PA's league or class?
Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

*****




I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile WWW Email

Posts: 18978

Back to top

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #30 on: May 30th, 2003, 1:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Oh, GOD!  I'm crackin' my fuckin' knuckles here!  Are you assuming I am now disparaging Jeff? Stop being so defensive and cut the "SBFFL coalition" thing you think you need to display here!  We ALL are supposed to be on the same side here!  Obviously, I can see where some of you draw your lines, though!  Anyway, I know that Jeff is (or was) an elementary school teacher! That's what I meant!
Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

*****




I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile WWW Email

Posts: 18978

Back to top

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #31 on: May 30th, 2003, 1:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on May 29th, 2003, 8:39pm, Walker Boh wrote:
FFPlayers.com - 10  
FFHuddle.com - 10
FantasyFootballer.com - 9
FFFanatics.com - 9
FFInsiders.com - 9
FootballInsiders.net - 8
FFForum.com - 6
FFYI.com - 6
 
All in all, a great list. Nice work.

 
Walker (above), BW, KJ 76, THANKS SO MUCH for giving your input and helping me out here! MUCH APPRECIATED!  Also, Walker, thanks for the added words of encouragement! They make this venture, where all I do is lay out cashola from my thin wallet for all of our enjoyment, worth it!  It is a way, the only way, of "paying me back" at this juncture, and it makes me happy that you and others choose to do so from time to time.  Trust me it helps!
Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

*****




I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile WWW Email

Posts: 18978

Back to top

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #32 on: May 30th, 2003, 1:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on May 29th, 2003, 1:47pm, StegRock wrote:
Okay, now that "the Gridiron" finally exists at the index page of FantasyFootballer.com, our primary home, I am kind of curious to get you all's thoughts on all of our homes. Of the "domains we rule," ...
 
FantasyFootballer.com
FFPlayers.com
FFInsiders.com
FFForum.com
FFFanatics.com
FootballInsiders.net
FFYI.com
FFHuddle.com
 
...in what order would you rank them? And, what kind of rating would you give each of them on, let's say, a 1-to-10 scale, the higher the number, the better?

 
Okay, I am going to bring this back on topic!  I would like you all's take on the question in the quote above!  Your input does get considered, as those of you who pay attention to things 'round here know, and is a BIG help to me!  Make a difference... perhaps, make the difference!  Thank you!
Logged
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
*****
# 29



Pay, I said pay attention, son.

   
View Profile WWW Email

Posts: 5675

Back to top

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #33 on: May 30th, 2003, 2:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I must've missed this thread first time around, but was lucky enough to catch all the name-calling and such.  
 
Anyway, here is my take...
 
FantasyFootballer.com - 9
FFPlayers.com - 8
FFInsiders.com - 9
FFForum.com - 4
FFFanatics.com - 5
FootballInsiders.net - 5
FFYI.com - 1
FFHuddle.com - 8
 
Logged
Walker Boh
Fantasy Field General
*****
# 34




It's ELWAY or the highway.

  walkerboh74   joskojw
View Profile

Posts: 935

Back to top

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #34 on: May 30th, 2003, 8:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on May 30th, 2003, 8:18am, theWave wrote:
Read it about 4 times in a week,  thanks.  Doesn't really move me.

Your attitude is starting to bother me. Do you not realize that this site would not even exist if not for the hard work that Steg has put into it? He started this thread asking for feedback in an attempt to make this place even better... Instead of answering his question, you insulted him (and a lot of other people around here) with your unprovoked and unnecessary negativity. This site is a work in progress and it will only get better. Do you think top notch websites are created overnight? The answer is no. It takes time, and you should show a little more respect and appreciation to the guy that doing his best to make it happen.
Logged
ZAGS
Guest

Email

Back to top

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #35 on: May 30th, 2003, 11:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on May 30th, 2003, 8:52pm, Walker Boh wrote:

Your attitude is starting to bother me. Do you not realize that this site would not even exist if not for the hard work that Steg has put into it? He started this thread asking for feedback in an attempt to make this place even better... Instead of answering his question, you insulted him (and a lot of other people around here) with your unprovoked and unnecessary negativity. This site is a work in progress and it will only get better. Do you think top notch websites are created overnight? The answer is no. It takes time, and you should show a little more respect and appreciation to the guy that doing his best to make it happen.

 
I don't think your post has anything to do with the question above! I guess maybe you are just tying to be cool by bringing up a dead subject!
Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

*****




I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile WWW Email

Posts: 18978

Back to top

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #36 on: May 30th, 2003, 11:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on May 30th, 2003, 11:26pm, ZAGS wrote:
I don't think your post has anything to do with the question above! I guess maybe you are just tying to be cool by bringing up a dead subject!

 
Aww... gee!
Logged
theWave
Assistant Coach
***
# 121



Cumar is the man!

   
View Profile Email

Posts: 67

Back to top

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #37 on: May 31st, 2003, 7:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm not trying to be negative here, or disparage any hard work that Steg has put into this site.  I do however, have a hard time with the overblown, over-the-top chastizing that goes on here when someone goes slightly off topic.  Do you realize you're fighting a losing battle?  Policing what everyone says on this board as it develops will grow increasingly futile!!  And ripping the good people that do it will only burn bridges and counter the great things you're attempting to do here.  Just my unintelligent opinion.
Logged

We are in a constant state of evaluation....
sporto
Water Boy
**
# 122



GAMBLING ADDICT

   
View Profile

Posts: 48

Back to top

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #38 on: May 31st, 2003, 9:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Damn, did I miss alot of shit!
 
 
I believe the Zags did miss the real topic, but I also believe that the response he got back was a LITTLE harsh. Steg, this is a good ffootball site, and I think alot of these guys are trying to help you make it a GREAT ffootball site. But just because someone misreades a post you can't just come down on him with the fires from hell.  I like this site and i know alot of guys in the sbffl like this site. Misposts happen every day in every forum.    Just my 2 pennies.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Oh yea, I might be alittle late, but here they are
 
Fantasyfootaller.com  10
ffforum.com       10
fffanatics.com     9
ffinsiders.com     7
ffplayer.com       6
ffhuddle.com      6
ffYI.com    5
footballinsiders.net 4
 
Logged

"I't dosen't matter how man times a man gets knocked down.....Only how many times that man will get up!" Vince Lombardi
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

*****




I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile WWW Email

Posts: 18978

Back to top

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #39 on: May 31st, 2003, 5:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

First off, sporto, thank you for including in your post above an answer to the question, a nice show of support and truly understanding move.  And, you were not at all late.  There is no timeframe on this.  I have these domains for at least one year each, and in some cases two.  I would still like to hear back from everybody.  After that, I will take some averages and see what we have come up with and consider that information as I make decisions on things down the road.  SO, PLEASE KEEP IT COMIN', FELLAS!
 
Now, with regards to the rest, I very rarely "go off the handle" here (I guess it is just that when I do, I can be pretty cutting ), which people who have been here like since the beginning know.  Find me another instance!  Guaranteed you are going to spend a long time digging and, moreover, for every one of those you find, you will find 100 posts where I am thanking and praising you all.  You will see me use these smilies a hell of a lot more than these ones , something you SBFFL guys may not be aware of as you are really just this month starting to show up and make an impact here, a point I will further address below.  Not that this really matters, i.e., I REALLY don't care, but just to further the case in point, you will probably find just as many, if not more, posts of my praising you all, SBFFLers especially, than you all, SBFFLers in particular, praising me.  Ain't that a point of interest?
 
Anyway, I think I've earned the right to "vent" once in a blue moon, which is what this is, in a case like this.  Not to mention, if you really read (between the lines of) my post there, it really ain't that bad.  I just express disappointment, explain that disappointment and sprinkle in a few "fuck's" here and there for effect as this was all so poignant to me, the reason for which I will explain here in a second.  I never call ZAGS a name or anything like that.
 
Now, going back a couple lines, what do I mean by a "case like this"?  I mean that this thread, if you read through it and think for a second, is obviously a "plug/sales pitch" thread!  Spelling this out kind of kills the point, but at this point I have no choice.  Make no mistakes, though, as with any kind of camouflaged marketing effort, this hurts that this could not have been seen before my having to spell it out.  What is/was going on here on this thread is a marketing tactic that is especially necessary now in the early formative stages of this project.  That having been said, it is no different than the well-established KFFL putting an ad in within their Hot Off The Wire.  What ZAGS unwittingly did here was the equivalent of if you could post on KFFL's Hot Off The Wire and you posted a scathing message about one of their "sales pitch" posts.  That kind of action inherently undermines a "sales" effort.
 
Making it more frustrating is that the SBFFL guys are supposed to kind of be "more a part of the team" here by way of the FFLA.  So, ZAGS mistake here stings a little more.  I would hope that because you guys are a more integral part of things here, and I have clearly honored you guys as such, that you would pay attention a little better, at least to the degree that I do the SBFFL, and really I am a total outsider with that.  I would just like in return (from you all) a reasonable fraction of that effort that I put forth (for you all).  As in the case here, an initial lack of attention paid and then a lack of attentiveness to, or, as is the case with some of you still, absolute ignorance of, the substance of this thread after it finally was lucid to all makes me feel like you (all) don't care about the bigger picture here, moreover, not even to the degree that I have participated on the SBFFL board.  You follow...  I mean some of you are still putting the fight and the "gang up" ahead of the substance here and still have ignored the question.  I mean I suppose you could just chalk it up to a trivial issue about which you don't care.  But, hell, talking about "really" small stuff, the way the SBFFL logo button, by the way, kindly provided by another SBFFL outsider, Jon Cirrinone, if you didn't know, in the left frame at the SBFFL site next to the "Home Page" link did not look good at all.  I gave Jeff a heads-up on it and he put a line-break in and now it does look good.  The "little things"...  Point being, a line like "...it (our deal here) doesn't move me", sounds really selfish in context.  It is all the "small stuff," the "little things," that matter most, actually, and either you care about what we are doing here on "the Gridiron" or you don't.  I mean if your only comeback to me is, "Well, Steg, if you feel that way, take the SBFFL logo button out of your signature and stop caring about our league and posting on our board," that's lame and thankless, objectively speaking and period.  Come on...
 
I mean you guys are coming in here and telling me how to do things.  Remember this site has already gone through one full season, successfully I might add, been in existence since August, and without much help from the SBFFL guys, which is fine.  But, a bunch of advice from, in essence, a few "Johnny come lately's", only one of whom, by the way, has even made an effort to answer the simple question herein, is, well, going to fall on deaf ears... and understandably so.
 
I am not much of an artist.  But, did I paint that picture adequately?  Or, are you going to "read it about four times in a week and still not be moved"?  Language, the likes of which I have heard before (from a fella named Ryan, for those of you in the know), and does not portend a "good" conclusion.  I mean if you do not see where I reasonably am coming from here now, you never will.
Logged
sporto
Water Boy
**
# 122



GAMBLING ADDICT

   
View Profile

Posts: 48

Back to top

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #40 on: Jun 1st, 2003, 12:12am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Steg, that was one hell of a post! I didn't want to to take up the room quote replying that. I didn't take what the other sbffler's were saying as, they were trying to tell YOU what to do on your site, but I am a little biased because I know how these guys are and how they express their opinoins. That bieng said I think we should put this issue to rest and start back on the real topic FANTASY FOOTBALL!!!!
 
 
SO TO THAT I BID EVERYONE A GOOD NIGHT!!!!
 
 
 
Had 1 too many Guinesses!!
Logged

"I't dosen't matter how man times a man gets knocked down.....Only how many times that man will get up!" Vince Lombardi
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

*****




I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile WWW Email

Posts: 18978

Back to top

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #41 on: Jun 1st, 2003, 12:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jun 1st, 2003, 12:12am, sporto wrote:
Steg, that was one hell of a post! I didn't want to to take up the room quote replying that. I didn't take what the other sbffler's were saying as, they were trying to tell YOU what to do on your site, but I am a little biased because I know how these guys are and how they express their opinoins. That bieng said I think we should put this issue to rest and start back on the real topic FANTASY FOOTBALL!!!!
 
 
SO TO THAT I BID EVERYONE A GOOD NIGHT!!!!
 
 
 
Had 1 too many Guinesses!!

 
- There he is again that little rat-bast!
Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

*****




I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile WWW Email

Posts: 18978

Back to top

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #42 on: Jun 1st, 2003, 12:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jun 1st, 2003, 12:12am, sporto wrote:
That being said I think we should put this issue to rest and start back on the real topic FANTASY FOOTBALL!!!!

 
Clarification...  Put to rest, but not forgotten, at least not what I present above.  What I present there are things you guys will want to remember!  I laid it out on the line there, and I don't want it to just be tacitly dismissed.
Logged
theWave
Assistant Coach
***
# 121



Cumar is the man!

   
View Profile Email

Posts: 67

Back to top

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #43 on: Jun 1st, 2003, 8:00am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Steg,
 
The Sbfflers will not forget your post and just dismiss it.  In fact, you can tell your last couple of posts hit home, because participation by us has significantly dropped the past couple of days.  I don't think we agree with you about the level of responsiblity we should carry on this site.  Maybe its because we don't fully understand what it means to be in the FFLA.  I will, however, warn you not to expect anything better from us in the future because that's not who we are.  In case you don't already know, we are a reckless, boisterous, intelligent, cocky, confident, fly by the seat of our pants league, and that won't change.
Logged

We are in a constant state of evaluation....
Daunte Williams
Guest

Email

Back to top

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #44 on: Jun 1st, 2003, 9:17am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jun 1st, 2003, 8:00am, theWave wrote:
Steg,
 
The Sbfflers will not forget your post and just dismiss it. In fact, you can tell your last couple of posts hit home, because participation by us has significantly dropped the past couple of days. I don't think we agree with you about the level of responsiblity we should carry on this site. Maybe its because we don't fully understand what it means to be in the FFLA. I will, however, warn you not to expect anything better from us in the future because that's not who we are. In case you don't already know, we are a reckless, boisterous, intelligent, cocky, confident, fly by the seat of our pants league, and that won't change.

 
Nicely said Wave. As far as the cooment before about finding another time that Steg went off on someone for something stupid, here goes. I posted a little thread about Lebron James in the wrong spot (I am such a bad person) and then complained when the thread got shut down and for that I got berated like a 2 year old whjo just shit his pants. I got a private message on how I dissapointed everyone and shit like that. Maybe I'm just not smart enough to see it (Cum Laude Bachelors of Science graduate), but I just don't get it. I feel like this is Big Brother from George Orwell on this board. The cencorship is rediculous and not necessary. I guess the "Gods" will be upset now, so Good Bye!
Logged
Cirrinone
Guest

Email

Back to top

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #45 on: Jun 1st, 2003, 9:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

You guys stop at nothing, wow.  
 
I'm seeing the "wreckless" and "cocky" in you guys, show me the intelligent... show some respect for Steg. He does bring us altogether for great FF convo.
Logged
theWave
Assistant Coach
***
# 121



Cumar is the man!

   
View Profile Email

Posts: 67

Back to top

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #46 on: Jun 1st, 2003, 10:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I agree that Steg brings a great site to the table.  His tireless work shows by this superb product.  Ask any guy in my league and they will tell you the same thing.  The thing we don't agree with is the conformist ways of the threads/topics.  If we happen to stray off topic, we don't want to be chastized/bullied into changing because it won't happen.  We bring more to the table than just impersonal football musings.  If we can't meet somewhere in the middle with StegRock, then maybe this just isn't a good place for us.  We don't want it to happen because we feel we can bring a lot to the table.
Logged

We are in a constant state of evaluation....
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

*****




I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile WWW Email

Posts: 18978

Back to top

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #47 on: Jun 1st, 2003, 2:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I don't have the energy for this anymore.  All I can say at this point is...
 
on Jun 1st, 2003, 8:00am, theWave wrote:
Maybe its because we don't fully understand what it means to be in the FFLA.

 
The truest words you guys have come out with.  You have hit the nail on the head here.  This is something I have not been totally clear about, but that is because there is no way I can "spell out" my whole vision here.  Even for me, it is a rough sketch that becomes clearer with every passing moment and event... like this, e.g.  That having been said, I have made it abundantly clear that I want dudes' takes on the question I pose herein (to which, paradoxically, you have yet to "respond").  Anyway, I just was under the impression that dudes, especially FFLA dudes, would just see a good thing and "go along" for the ride, taking advantage of the many opportunities I offer to give input (like the one here), and trust me and comply to the "structures" I have put in place with it in mind that "it is all part of the obviously good thing that is trying to uniquely be achieved here."  I mean a lot of the attributes you reference in your messages there, Mike, recklessness, boisterousness, cockiness, moreover, mixed with intelligence, are things that work within a league and on a league-specific message board, like you all's in the "Associated Leagues" section here, BUT are what cause much miscommunication and acrimony in a general message-board forum, causing it to degenerate into like what FFToday, theHuddle, FFWarroom, even FootballGuys at times, etc., etc., have.  I mean those places do not degenerate because that is what people intend.
 
Okay, now let me pull the knife out of my back.  To DW, the man who once said he would "go to war with me" (evidently empty words), regarding the "LeBron James thread", I have all four of the pm's that went back and forth between you and me saved.  They paint a clear picture.  BUT, that is private anyway, so who cares!  Anybody can just go over to "the Sidelines" and see how "Referee" fairly went about locking that thread and see the subsequent dialogue about it all in "the Bleachers" section on "the Sidelines".  If you harbored any of that (against me), that says more about you than me, brother.
 
Well, I guess that was a little bit more than I thought I would write.
Logged
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
*****
# 24



Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

  nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

Posts: 3373

Back to top

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #48 on: Jun 1st, 2003, 3:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Being one of the league commissioners of a league here, I'd like to put in my 2 cents. Better make it 3.
 
I agree with what Steg is saying in his last post. I came to this site after being totally fustrated with FFToday and all the constant crap you have to filter through to get a tiny bit of information. I saw what Steg was creating here and decided I wanted to be a part of it. I convinced the other 11 guys in the QFL to come over and check it out, and they did, and they agreed it was a cool site, still in it's infant stages. We were able to join with the other leagues and moved our message board over here as well. Steg welcomed us with open arms. There were a few things. minor mind you, they we had to adjust to, but it was no big deal. Overall, all the members of the QFL are happy we made the move over here.
 
I can also say that I am glad the SBFFL is a part of this too. I think you guys have a good group who have posted and contributed some good stuff. I can see the cockiness, the boisterousness, and the recklessness in you. It's a good thing, in moderation. If you want to take it a step further, why not keep it on your SBFFL board? And since I am on the subject, let me pose a question to you guys: You say you are intelligent. I believe you. How about showing the other members of the site and posting some replies to some of the questions or posts not started by the guys in your league?  I mean, if somebody has a question, like, "which running back would you take, Fred Taylor or Tiki Barber?" How about giving the rest of your your insights and opinions? I for one would appreciate you sharing the knowledge you have.  
 
As far as the big picture here, only Steg know for sure exactly what he wants out of this site. All I know is I signed up to be a part of it, and would like to see where it/he takes me. I hope you guys stay on board too.
Logged

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
Daunte Williams
Guest

Email

Back to top

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #49 on: Jun 1st, 2003, 4:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

First off, I "do" reply to threads such as "which RB to take", but have a problem with the censorship aspect of it all. I like the site and think it has great potential, but it is clear to me that I don't fit into the whole thing, so I choose to leave this site. Take care & good luck to all in the coming football season.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.