In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 1:34am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Regarding StegsList.com

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   between the 20's
(Moderators: Side Judge, Referee, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Replay Official, Field Judge, Line Judge, Umpire)
   Regarding StegsList.com
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Regarding StegsList.com  (Read 4301 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Regarding StegsList.com
« on: Aug 9th, 2006, 12:03am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Guys,...

I've got GREAT news for yous...  StegsList.com affords me the opportunity to show YOU guys quite a bit of "substantive" love in return for all you've done for me...  The pricing is as listed over there, BUT there will be limited-time discounts for those of you who have "given it up for me" heretofore...

Discount Structure
1. Member # through 500 - $1 to $5 (i.e. members numbered 401 to 500 get a $1 discount; 301 to 400, $2, and so on; 1 to 100 get $5 off)

2. Post-based, promotions beyond "Water Boy" - $1 per

3. Written work & League assistance - $2 per task

4. Donations - $1 per

5. Other staff work, board moderation, including over at theEnglishMaster.com, and helping me put together that list of company sponsors way back (which turned out to be an unfruitful idea) - $1 per

NOTE, though, that these discounts, do NOT apply to the TWO cheaper, $12 and minimum $10 packages/deals, the "Preseason Package" and "In-season Deal".

Also, this may not be where/how you want to "start" (with me) over at "StegList.com", but there is that $$$ opportunity mentioned on the front page over there regarding posting YOUR rankings...  That's something you need to contact me about, and we would need to discuss.  But, it's REAL and I mean it!!!  But, again, in light of the above outlined discounts, getting your feet wet may be the best way to "get in"... if you follow...

Guys, I'm taking a little break...

Over and Out,
Steg ...
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2006, 12:09am by Stegfucius » Logged
MordecaiCourage

Email

Re: Regarding StegsList.com
« Reply #1 on: Aug 9th, 2006, 4:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Well ...well everyone....I entered into the realm of StegsList.com this morning and I must say I am impressed!! Painless, professional sign up process layed out in a few simple steps and "BAM".....I was in!!  (Thanks Steg..you made the process   friendly!)   Come on in and check out ole Steggers player rankings... some pretty bold predictions on a few players!    

This is really fresh Steg, I like having the interactive perspective of your rankings. I've never been privey to the rankers thought process before! I do have a few questions for you to field....Good job man!

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 9th, 2006, 8:46pm »

Thank you, MC, for such kind words... I especially appreciated the gracious message you included with your order regarding your gratitude about the discounts I am offering those of yous who have volunteered for me.

One quick update for you all regarding a small, BUT CRUCIAL error that Double D picked off over there...  In the pricing tables, I had the "Preseason Package" ending on Sunday, August 3rd.  That is obviously not correct.  Service on the "Preseason Package" ends on Sunday, SEPTEMBER 3rd.  Also, I have gone ahead and clarified on those pages that the "Season Package" begins on Monday, September 4th.  Thank you, Stevo, for catching that!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 9th, 2006, 9:45pm »

on Aug 9th, 2006, 4:39pm, MordecaiCourage wrote:
This is really fresh Steg, I like having the interactive perspective of your rankings. I've never been privey to the rankers thought process before! I do have a few questions for you to field....Good job man!

This is the key to it all, my friends... Thanks for breaking that out, MC! With this set up, yous can actually confront the ranker, pick his brain, and tease it all out instead of having it all covered up by the same-old-same-old, hackneyed one-liners.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 9th, 2006, 10:30pm »

I'm getting the most out of my "basic" graphics programs I have...  I just made the header graphic(s) over there a little more crispy.  I had saved it as one BIG "gif", which made, especially my pic, just a slight bit fuzzy.  The way I did it now maximizes the sharpness.  I also made a very slight change to the "catch line" there, too.  The word I wanted, as I finished this with bleary eyes yesterday evening, was "hackneyed" (which I used in my post right above), not "fixed" (which was okay, but... not as "to the point",... "my" point that is).  Does anybody notice the difference?  Maybe with my mug it was better a little fuzzy, right? Anyway, ENJOY!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 10th, 2006, 5:21am »

on Aug 9th, 2006, 12:03am, StegRock wrote:

Discount Structure
1. Member # through 500 - $1 to $5 (i.e. members numbered 401 to 500 get a $1 discount; 301 to 400, $2, and so on; 1 to 100 get $5 off)

2. Post-based, promotions beyond "Water Boy" - $1 per

3. Written work & League assistance - $2 per task

4. Donations - $1 per

5. Other staff work, board moderation, including over at theEnglishMaster.com, and helping me put together that list of company sponsors way back (which turned out to be an unfruitful idea) - $1 per

NOTE, though, that these discounts, do NOT apply to the TWO cheaper, $12 and minimum $10 packages/deals, the "Preseason Package" and "In-season Deal".

SAVINGS piling up...  I'm lovin' it...  I "get" in TWO ways...  I "get", and I "get" to give (back)... And, now you can, too...  You can "'get' it" here and "get" all the great insight that is available via StegsList.com. I know it's not a whole, whole lot, but I think it is a wonderfully reasonable exchange of goodwill.  ...  Anyway, really,... how much I am getting out of this,... thank you to those who have thus far given me that opportunity to do so...
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 10th, 2006, 1:10pm »

Obviously the discount for member number is a retroactive one... are the other discounts given for promotions, tasks, donations, and other work moving forward, or are those retroactive as well?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 10th, 2006, 2:06pm »

First, the discounts are "rough (justice)", so to speak...  "Officially-ish" speaking, the discounts are where you stand at the point of your signing up (but I'm not going to let "Johnny come latelys" get over).  Take it as it's where you stand right now, and you'll be safe in your thinking.  Remember, though, that my plan is for the discounts to only be for a limited time (again, I don't want to defeat the purpose here as stated on that thread up in "the Red Zone":  http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=55;a ction=display;num=1154239195).  How limited?  I haven't decided.  I'd give yous at least a week's notice.

Also, Jeff,...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 10th, 2006, 5:38pm »

Just to let those of yous know who may be "waiting things out"...  IF you are interested in the preseason stuff and stand to get a (significant) discount, but are doing that, you are doing yourself a DISservice.  Yes, at some point in a couple weeks the price of the "Total Package" (and the "Preseason Package") may go down a little bit.  But, if it does, like with the two current cheaper deals, the "Preseason Package" and the "In-season Deal", the discounts will NO LONGER apply.  So, it will basically be like six of one, half a dozen of the other,... but you will have lost out on two+ extra weeks of rankings, discussion and fun, during this, the CRUCIAL time for fantasy football.  And, just to let yous know, the price of the "Season Package" will not go down... given how I have it all set up with the "In-season Deal" and the five week blocks which will be available throughout the season.  And, if you are waiting for a freebie, forget about it...  The fact of the matter is that, while not nearly as labor intensive as the services I offer over at theEnglishMaster.com, e.g., with this innovative INTERACTIVE aspect to the rankings at StegsList.com, more people directly leads to more work.  If only 10 paying people are on there, I have to cater to only 10 people.  Little money, but, in accordance, little work and probably a lot of enjoyment in a very lax situation.  If I have 500 people over there, it's gonna be LOTS of work.  But, as long as each of them is paying their (fair) share, I'll be cool with it.  But, if I found myself catering to just 50 people, half of whom I let in for free, it would NOT be long until I was NOT a happy camper.  Think "bigger picture",... none of which would be being accomplished under that kind of set up.  If you're waiting, you are going to be waiting forever,... instead of building up further "good will", getting us closer to the magazine in '07, which will open up opportunities (which I so look forward to doing) (the seed for which I am trying to get planted EARLY this time), all for, at least if you want "in" immediately, as little as $12.  Call me crazy, and I am poor as shit,... but it doesn't seem like a whole lot given the "bigger picture" around here...
Game_Time
Tackling Dummy
# 524

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: Aug 14th, 2006, 5:01pm »

I know you didn't ask Steg, but I just had to redo the banner on your site there..... I'd be happy to try to make something that you like, just give me some direction....... If you don't want, just disregard......... it is my business now.... LOL

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 14th, 2006, 5:17pm »

Very cool!  I like that, but I am happy with what I got (not that this is "it", but even just in terms of time, I spent enough of it on the extent graphic there not to go ditchin' it yet)...  I like that hard, crisp, but imperfect "crackly" look...  I'm not suggesting you get to work on that, though...  That having been said, there will be an extra page going up there that I may use your graphic here on!!! That having been said, in terms of the "bigger picture", if/when it comes to pass that I want/need such service, I will contact you.  For future reference, I would prefer that you send me any (unrequested) freelance work behind the scenes either by e-mail or private message.  Your work is fine.  I just would never want things to devolve into some kind of graphics (pissing) contest where users are telling me what graphics to use on my site (and in the process pushing me and, to some degree, making more work for me... when I'm happy as a pea in a pod about things and have not asked for anything).  Your fine services are duly noted.  When I come to wanting new graphics for my site(s) sometime down the line, I will surely keep you in mind and look forward to being able to compensate whomever it is that provides such services to me.  Until then, behind the scenes is preferable, but don't go out of your way because I am unlikely to change anything in the (very) near future.  But, as far as the graphic itself goes, GOOD WORK!  I do like the graphic...  Thank you!
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2006, 5:19pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Aug 15th, 2006, 6:38pm »

Rankings JUST UPDATED!!!  Get 'em while they're HOT... ...

StegsList.com
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Aug 24th, 2006, 10:08am »

Rankings have been updated... I'm beat! I'm takin' a shower and goin' to bed! Enjoy, boyz,... especially you GBRFL2ers!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Aug 27th, 2006, 5:35pm »

And, now, other key gridironers are beginning to post their rankings down on the "Steg's Plays" board:
http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=15.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Sep 3rd, 2006, 8:16am »

FINAL preseason rankings are up!!! There are definitely some shifts going on on "the List". Come on over, sit back, and ENJOY what the Rock is cookin' for yous!!!   ...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Sep 7th, 2006, 9:11am »

Week 1's RANKINGS are UP!!! Come on over and "help yourself"!!!

Link:  http://www.StegsList.com!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Sep 17th, 2006, 5:36am »

"Steg's List" has been updated for Week Two!  I'll try to get up a little earlier tomorrow to field any question yous might have going into the games.  I'll try to be in at least 35 minutes before kickoff.  In any event,... ENJOY!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Sep 23rd, 2006, 4:18pm »

Week 3's rankings are up!!!  Check 'em out!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Sep 29th, 2006, 4:23am »

Guys, something regarding Steg's List I want to (re-)apprise yous of before it gets, well, too late...  I'll keep this pithy...  I know based on "correspondences" I've had that some of you who have made donations this year may be thinking, "What are you doin' to me here, Steg?  Why you double-dippin' me here with Steg's List, man?"  And, frankly speaking, there is "a level of" truth to that.  But, the fact of the matter is, as I explained up on that thread in "the Red Zone":  http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=55;a ction=display;num=1154239195, I am REALLY trying to make the push for the magazine in '07.  So, yea, I'm trying to get dudes to step it up to a level that doesn't just cover overhead and, for the first time ever, line my (thin) wallet with a few bucks, but that helps me get to a point that we can do the magazine, the marketing plan for which will take this thing to the next level.  Furthermore, remember this...  Those who have typically donated, let's say, $50 in years past will starting next year likely just make a $15 donation and then spend $35 over at StegsList.com, and those who have typically donated like $20 and who qualify for HEALTHY discounts will just go over and sign up for StegsList.com next year for $10 or $15 and probably not even bother making any further donation.  So, in essence, after this one year, all I will have effectively done is make a TON more work for myself here with this.  But, hey, if this is ever going to be the great business some of us anticipate it to be someday, I can't just continue providing EVERYthing for free.  So, if you think I'm "squeezing" yous and are averse to joining because of that, think that through, please, and reconsider what you're "accomplishing".  Otherwise, continued thanks to all those who have joined and to everybody for hearing me out regarding all this.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Sep 30th, 2006, 4:34pm »

Week 4's are fresh out of the oven, boys... and gal!!! Come and get 'em!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Oct 8th, 2006, 5:26am »

Guys, it's been a rough "weekend" with this computer "battle".  But, it's over and Week 5's stuff is up...  I'll be around for a little bit right now... ... But, I probably won't be around until right at or after kickoff tomorrow. Enjoy your Sunday morning cup of jo with your Steg's List weekly rankings.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: Oct 14th, 2006, 8:23pm »

Week 6's up for your pleasure...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Oct 22nd, 2006, 2:34am »

I've had a rough day here today, fellas,... but Week 7's stuff is, alas, up... Have at it...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: Oct 29th, 2006, 2:18am »

By only the grace of God (and my putting off everything else in my life this God-forsaken week on "the Gridiron") is Week 8's stuff...  Enjoy...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #24 on: Nov 5th, 2006, 12:34am »

Week 9's stuff is up!!!  Check 'er out...

StegsList.com!!!

If you haven't gotten your foot in the door yet,... you all can still get in on the "In-season Deal" and get a 5-week block of access for a lousy 10 bucks to help get you through this crucial point in the fantasy season, for some of you, through your championships, perhaps...  Info on that is here:

http://www.stegslist.com/stegslist.htm!!!
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.