In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 11:26pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron "between the 20's Weekly Bitchin' - Weeks 1 - 5"

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   between the 20's
(Moderators: Head Linesman, Side Judge, Referee, Back Judge, Field Judge, Line Judge, Replay Official, Umpire)
   "between the 20's Weekly Bitchin' - Weeks 1 - 5"
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: "between the 20's Weekly Bitchin' - Weeks 1 - 5"  (Read 1106 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

"between the 20's Weekly Bitchin' - Weeks 1 - 5"
« on: Sep 9th, 2007, 8:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here is another one of our fun participatory threads here "between the 20's".  It is called "between the 20's Weekly Bitchin'".  Here, you are to list the player(s) for the week, the one or ones who particularly... -ed you in the... and were the key(s) to your loss(es).  I really think we can have some fun venting our frustrations here together!  You can expect this to be up by Wednesday from here on out!  HAVE FUN gettin' it ALL out, fellas!!!

Remember the complementary weekly thread to this one for the opposite circumstance:  "between the 20's Fantasy MVP's of the Week"!!!  Make sure to check it out!!!
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

Re: "between the 20's Weekly Bitchin' - Weeks 1 -
« Reply #1 on: Sep 9th, 2007, 8:49pm »

I own Roethlisberger in two leagues.  Sat him in one, couldn't play him in the other...  

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 9th, 2007, 9:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I won my money league game.....no thanks toReggie Bush!!! Where were you brother? You made my win closer than it had to be. You were my #2 pick!!!
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 9th, 2007, 10:57pm »

on Sep 9th, 2007, 8:49pm, Callie wrote:
I own Roethlisberger in two leagues.  Sat him in one, couldn't play him in the other...  

OTOH - I now look like a freakin' genius, because I sat Roethlisberger and played Romo.  

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 10th, 2007, 9:56pm »

The GBRFL is in its 15th year, and Week 1 was the WORST week I have EVER had... In fact, it may have been the worst week I've had in ALL my 19 years of playing fantasy football. Charlie Frye was the only quarterback I could field in a league in which you start two.  I had the likes of Cecil Sapp, T.J. Duckett, Ron Dayne and Reuben Droughns in my backfield, knowing the limitations of Warrick Dunn and Leon Washington, who were on my bench.  But, even my #1 was Cedric Benson. And, at receiver, I had the likes of Deion Branch and Matt Jones in my lineup with Jerry Porter as the immediate backup.  I knew going into the season that Ronald Curry was going to beat out Porter.

But,... anyway,... who am I kidding?  This season was over before it even begun with Vick,... even if not in fact, but in spirit.  This is FAR-AND-AWAY the WORST fantasy team I have EVER run... right into the ground.

I did have the Patriots and Jaguars D/ST's going for me.  I just hope and pray that they didn't help me out too much and that I have the worst points differential for the week so that I have the top pick in Week 2 free-agency. How pathetic is that?
Frog Princess
Head Coach
# 577

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Sep 10th, 2007, 11:15pm »

I hate everyone.  

Cut class, not frogs!

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 11th, 2007, 5:35am »

on Sep 10th, 2007, 9:56pm, StegRock wrote:
The GBRFL is in its 15th year, and Week 1 was the WORST week I have EVER had... In fact, it may have been the worst week I've had in ALL my 19 years of playing fantasy football. Charlie Frye was the only quarterback I could field in a league in which you start two.  I had the likes of Cecil Sapp, T.J. Duckett, Ron Dayne and Reuben Droughns in my backfield, knowing the limitations of Warrick Dunn and Leon Washington, who were on my bench.  But, even my #1 was Cedric Benson. And, at receiver, I had the likes of Deion Branch and Matt Jones in my lineup with Jerry Porter as the immediate backup.  I knew going into the season that Ronald Curry was going to beat out Porter.

But,... anyway,... who am I kidding?  This season was over before it even begun with Vick,... even if not in fact, but in spirit.  This is FAR-AND-AWAY the WORST fantasy team I have EVER run... right into the ground.

I did have the Patriots and Jaguars D/ST's going for me.  I just hope and pray that they didn't help me out too much and that I have the worst points differential for the week so that I have the top pick in Week 2 free-agency. How pathetic is that?

AND,... NOW Mark Clayton on Monday night...  What a mess my team is... (I don't know if that's a tear running down my cheek there or sweat running down my brow.)
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 11th, 2007, 7:52am »

I won a narrow victory in week 1 in my money league, but it wasn't because of my wide receivers.

1. Lee Evans - 2 catches, 5 yards - 0 points
2. Joey Galloway -  5 catches, 72 yards - 7 points
3. Anthony Gonzalez - 0 catches - 0 points  
4. Eric Moulds - 1 catch, 4 yards - 0 points (bench)
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Sep 11th, 2007, 11:24am »

Good thing my WRs stepped up because Brandon Jacobs and Lawrence Maroney didn't.
« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2007, 11:24am by BarnabyWilde » Logged

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
captainpurple
Red Zone Master
# 179

oh Lord, deliver us from the fury of the Norsemen!

folske   casahojo
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Sep 11th, 2007, 11:28am »

Drew Brees and Reggie Bush  

Where the he!! were you guys?   I only need 14 pts between you both to win the match.   GRRRRRR.

3 straight underperforming seasons, one nitwit head coach, 2 problem child WRs, 1 collosal trade bungle....but a wild boat party with booze and hookers!!!????? Priceless.
Drew Rosenhaus
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '93, '03, '07, '12, '18, '22
# 54

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Sep 11th, 2007, 4:28pm »

Hi!

My name is Alex Smith but you can call me 126 yards against the Cardinals defense!
« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2007, 4:29pm by Drew Rosenhaus » Logged

She turned me into a newt!
A newt?
I got better. Burn her anyway!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Sep 11th, 2007, 4:49pm »

on Sep 11th, 2007, 4:28pm, Drew Rosenhaus wrote:

Hi!

My name is Alex Smith but you can call me 126 yards against the Cardinals defense!

I DIGRESS...
    What is that,... like 80 more yards than Charlie Frye... will ever throw again in the NFL,... and 126 more yards than Michael Vick may ever, too??? ... (By the way, the guy givin' the finger is Jim O'Dell,... not little old me. )
Drew Rosenhaus
GM
GBRFLer
# 54

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Sep 11th, 2007, 5:17pm »

on Sep 11th, 2007, 4:49pm, StegRock wrote:

I DIGRESS...
    What is that,... like 80 more yards than Charlie Frye... will ever throw again in the NFL,... and 126 more yards than Michael Vick may ever, too??? ... (By the way, the guy givin' the finger is Jim O'Dell,... not little old me. )

Point taken and understood. Compared to your week this was nothing (really more of a case of being mad at myself for playing the wrong guy) but still, Smith did suck.

A newt?
steelkings

Email

« Reply #13 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 7:04am »

Quote:
on Sep 10th, 2007, 8:24am, steelkings wrote:
How Bout the Number two rated Back in Fantasy?

Stephen Jackson, Hello?

58 YRDS Rushing, 3 YRDS Receiving, 2 Fumbles!

Where the hell was he?

I'm trading that dude. I dont know how everybody!, I mean everybody missed the mark with that guy. I watched him on the ticket for a while yesterday. The parts that I watch I saw a slow, undecided runningback that did not hit the hole very hard. Number two running back in the NFL my ass!  

The above is from anouther thread which had I typed more would have gotten me a yellow flag so I'll continue here.

I am neverdrafting a runningback that plays on a Shannahan coached team ever again. I an sick of watching my running back (last year either "Bell". This year T.Henry) Run all over the field. Up and down it for 4 quarters only to have someone I've never heard of steel all the TD's. Sapp? Who the fuck is he? I threw up a 40 spot and lost because Nither of my stud runningbacks could muster up a goal line carry. I'm not so sure jackson or henry knows what the goal line looks like.
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #14 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 3:34pm »

Week 1....Bush!    Week 2.....Bush! Why?
Travistotle
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '06
# 414

Semper Philosophans

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 7:22pm »

Ok, guys, try topping this one.

We all know that, aside from perhaps kicker, defense is the most unpredictable position in fantasy football.  So even a solid defense might not get you any points.  So it is wise to go with a defense (or not go with them) based on whom they are playing?  Would you go with the Philadelphia D against Indy?  Not if you could take the defense of whoever was playing Atlanta or Cleveland.  Which brings me to my point: I made a "brilliant" move by picking up the Cincy Defense (which made Baltimore's offense look silly in Week One, garnering 6 turnovers) since they were playing Cleveland this week.  I rubbed my hands with glee -- and what happened?  CLEVELAND DROPS 51 POINTS ON CINCINNATI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes, Cleveland scored more than 15 points, more than 30 points, more than 50 points, and against a defense that got quality fantasy points against a (better) Baltimore offense.  

I can't remember Cleveland ever scoring 51 points.  But the one week they do is when I make a "brilliant" move.  Maybe I'm stupid?  Maybe I'm ridiculously unlucky?  Which is it?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 8:27pm »

on Sep 17th, 2007, 7:22pm, T-Rave wrote:
Maybe I'm stupid?  Maybe I'm ridiculously unlucky?  Which is it?

Or, maybe you're just lovable...
Drew Rosenhaus
GM
GBRFLer
# 54

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 8:58pm »

Ummm....

Hello again - I introduced myself last week. I really like the number 126, don't you?

A newt?
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 8:59pm »

My bitch of the week is the dumbass owner who runs my teams. (yea, me)  Last week I start Issac Bruce over Coles which is a disaster.  I also started Jamal Lewis over Portis.  Both of the guys on the bench tear it up.

This week, I bench Lewis who had over 200 yards and benched Issac Bruce(130 yards) for Coles.  AHHH!!!  Dam it!

I also am really starting to hate Reggie Brown.  He better do something tonight!!!!!

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
rickgpin
GM
# 487

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 9:37pm »

T-Rave, I can't top you, but i guess i tied.  i had dallas the first week as my defense for a total of -4 points....i lost by 2.  This week i made a great move and put in the bengals defense.  thank you for the -18 points in my scoring system.  It is going to be a long year.

Ozark Hellbenders:TBD
captainpurple
Red Zone Master
# 179

oh Lord, deliver us from the fury of the Norsemen!

folske   casahojo
View Profile

« Reply #20 on: Sep 19th, 2007, 3:08pm »

Damn you Carnell "Fiat" Williams!

you haven't earned the goal line carries in 2 years...and you have bruised ribs...so I start Michael Pittman ahead of you (couldn't sit at the puter Sunday morning to learn he was starting).  then you go out and hit 2 2-yard TDs?    AAARRRRGH!

3 straight underperforming seasons, one nitwit head coach, 2 problem child WRs, 1 collosal trade bungle....but a wild boat party with booze and hookers!!!????? Priceless.
steelkings

Email

« Reply #21 on: Sep 19th, 2007, 4:14pm »

on Sep 19th, 2007, 3:08pm, captainpurple wrote:

AAARRRRGH!

Way to talk like a Pirate   On "talk like a pirate day! Yo Ho
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Sep 20th, 2007, 7:54am »

I was trailing my opponent 106-95 heading into the Monday night matchup. I still had the Eagles defense going and my opponent had Reggie Brown.

I expected the Eagles offense to get in gear, but I wasn't too worried about Reggie Brown going off. He ended up with 2 points. I fully expected the Eagles defense, facing a decimated offensive line, to get more than one sack and also more than one INT. I figured there would be 3-4 turnovers and an equal number of sacks. I also figured that the Eagles would hold the Skins to about 10 points. All of that would have earned me enough points for a victory. Instead, the Eagles give up 350+ yards, 20 points, and only manage 1 sack and 1 turnover. I end up losing 108-103.

Maybe I should have listened to T-Rave and gone with the best match-up D? (Although I did grab the Texans D this week off waivers -- not for week 3 when they face Indy -- but they have ATL, MIA, JAX, TEN, SD, and OAK starting in week 4.)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: Sep 23rd, 2007, 4:35am »

First, I beat myself for having NARY a QB in the GBRFL.  After that,... Mark Clayton,... where the hell are you?
steelkings

Email

« Reply #24 on: Oct 8th, 2007, 2:09pm »

K      Jeff Reed                     42pnts    9FG +15 xpts
QB      Drew Brees         4pnts   1 td pass
QB      Chad Pennington     24pnts     6 TD passes
RB      Kevin Jones             12pnts  2 TDs  
RB      Steven Jackson         Big Fat Zero
RB      Laurence Maroney    Big Fat Zero
RB      Selvin Young            Big Fat Zero
RB      Lendale White        12 Pnts  2TDs
RB      Sammy Morris          18 Pnts  3 TDs
WR      Torry Holt               18 Pnts  3 TDs
WR      Andre Johnson        18 Pnts  3 TDs
WR      Deion Branch          6 Pnts   1 TD

Start 1 QB + 2 RB's + 2 WR's + 1 Kicker
FG = 3 PNTS  
TD = 6 Pnts
TD Pass = 4 Pnts

There is 198 "198"players who have scored more than Jackson and Maroney in this friggin league.
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2007, 2:11pm by steelkings » Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.