In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 7:02am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Offseason on "the Gridiron"

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Back Judge, Head Linesman, Umpire, Replay Official, Line Judge, Side Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   Offseason on "the Gridiron"
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  6 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Offseason on "the Gridiron"  (Read 8900 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Offseason on "the Gridiron"
« Reply #50 on: May 28th, 2003, 10:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Fellas, as per the e-mail I just sent out to you all, I am on the brink of implementing a significant change that I actually have alluded to in the past.  It may seem somewhat small right now, but actually it will probably be the biggest factor to our growth and gaining popularity.  Well, stay tuned!  I'll have it done and announced in a jiffy here!
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #51 on: May 28th, 2003, 10:22pm »

Waiting for the e-mail with my pants on...  

Don't want Steg to whip his dick out again.......

Seriously, I am looking forward to see what the hell you are doing now.  I am sure it will be good..  Everything else has been!!!

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #52 on: May 28th, 2003, 10:22pm »

Guys, update your bookmarks and spread the word...  WE now exist simply at...

FantasyFootballer.com!

Check it out!

PA Outlaws

Email

« Reply #53 on: May 28th, 2003, 10:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Damn I hate the tidbits of info you give!   Come out with it boy! I'm guessin' your uploading to the new server!
PA Outlaws

Email

« Reply #54 on: May 28th, 2003, 10:24pm »

oops. Guess I was a minute late!  
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #55 on: May 28th, 2003, 10:28pm »

VERY NICE!!!!   You know this makes me VERY VERY Happy.  I think it will REALLY REALLY help bring in more traffic.

THANK YOU!!!!!    

(where the hell GBRFL go?)  

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #56 on: May 28th, 2003, 10:32pm »

Link on the main forum page where the GBRFL board is has been updated.  Further notices are forthcoming...
PA Outlaws

Email

« Reply #57 on: May 28th, 2003, 10:33pm »

Great Work Steg!   What's up with the all the other domain names?  ???
Keyshawn Johnson 76yards
Fantasy Field General
# 97

View Profile

« Reply #58 on: May 28th, 2003, 10:38pm »

Stegster is da man.  
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #59 on: May 28th, 2003, 10:45pm »

on May 28th, 2003, 10:33pm, PA Outlaws wrote:
Great Work Steg!   What's up with the all the other domain names?  ???

It's all about spreadin' the word, PA!  All of those automatic re-direct pages have "keywords" embedded in them.  These will eventually, probably in about 6 to 18 months, get picked up by search-engine web crawlers and, well, we'll be lookin' PHAT!  Also, ultimately, the value of existing at multiple domains, especially the pretty darn good ones I have gone about acquiring, is inherent, right?  Think it through!  Anyway, woooo, hoooo! I'm pumped! (That's the closest dude we got to a body-builder!)
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

« Reply #60 on: May 28th, 2003, 11:22pm »

Nice!!  

Thanks for all of your hard work Stegg-o!

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #61 on: Jun 13th, 2003, 5:03pm »

Fellas,

The site move is upon us, upgradin' servers.  I am going to work on it hardcore starting RIGHT NOW.  Expect somewhat of a rocky road this weekend.  I may even have to close shop for a bit from time to time over the next 24 to 72 hours.  Thank you for your patience, understanding and cooperation!  Soon, no more "Internal Server Errors"!

Peace out,
Steve Steg
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #62 on: Jun 14th, 2003, 2:00am »

Okay, guys,

Here is how things are going to transpire with the "big move".  We are still on the old server and will be until sometime between tomorrow afternoon and Monday afternoon.  When the new account becomes able to go live, I will switch what is called the DNS.  We will still be on the old server at that point.  When the DNS pointer switches from the old server to the new server, "the Gridiron" will go DOWN (no, not like that... sheesh... these smilies have "minds" of their own); no error messages, it will just be DOWN.  I will then furiously go about downloading the rest of the forum that I could not beforehand as some files are subject to change, like, e.g., thread- and member-related files.  After the download is complete, I will upload it all to the NEW server.  How long the downtime will actually last is contingent on what time of day the DNS pointer switches.  The "download-and-upload" process in and of itself will probably take about six hours.  I have done a dry-run with this on the FFInsiders.com domain and it went smoothly and I was able to acquaint myself with those little unexpected things, so I do not expect to incur any problems or glitches during the "big move".  It is just a matter of doing it all and then it'll be smoooooooth sailin' into a brighter, "error"-free future for all Gridironers.  Our new server should make for an even MORE PLEASURABLE surfing experience here on "the Gridiron".

Between now and then, by all means, feel free to keep beating up our old server on the way out.  No reason to stop now!

Over annnnnnnnd Out,
Steg
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2003, 2:49am by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #63 on: Jun 16th, 2003, 8:39pm »

Well, we're in our new ride!  Hope ya'll like it!  It sure is smooth!  Enjoy!
Walker Boh
Fantasy Field General
# 34

It's ELWAY or the highway.

walkerboh74   joskojw
View Profile

« Reply #64 on: Jun 19th, 2003, 9:05pm »

Nice work on the server migration Steg.  
Big improvement

Keyshawn Johnson 76yards
Fantasy Field General
# 97

View Profile

« Reply #65 on: Jun 19th, 2003, 11:06pm »

Yep, though, I still get the error message about 50 times a day... grr...  

j/k  
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2003, 11:06pm by Keyshawn Johnson 76yards » Logged
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #66 on: Jun 20th, 2003, 8:55am »

Kudos from the southern end of your state too...  I'm glad it's working great now because I was getting perturbed Monday when I was jonesing for the mock to start and the whole site was down.

« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2003, 8:56am by Philly » Logged
bgsgfan
Red Zone Master
GBRFL2er
CBFL Champ - '03
# 18

He ain't on the all-time list because he's pretty.

View Profile

« Reply #67 on: Jun 29th, 2003, 12:50pm »

Steg - One idea I have been thinking about would be a real chat room (vs message boards).  A lot of times I see a lot of the other guys in here and it would be fun and informative to be able to all get together in informal chats.

We could even set up regular get togethers (weekly?) that could be more topical.  Some ideas for this time of year could be : draft strategies, sleepers, position discussions, team reports, etc..  For during the season: start or bench, weekly best performers, trade advice, etc..  I realize we cover all of those things on these boards, but in a chat environment the responses are immediate, allowing more dialogue and potentially more synergy to develope.  Not better or worse than a message board, just different.

I don't know how hard that would be to incorporate - or even if it would be worthwhile, but I do believe it has potential.

In the meantime, if anyone would like to "chat" with me, between about 3 PM and 5 PM EST on weekdays I hang out with some friends (including my gf) at Yahoo 30s room 8 under the ID "jacktatang" or "bgsgfan".  
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2003, 12:51pm by bgsgfan » Logged

11/20/04 - Buckeyes salvage season by stomping that team from up north. (Posted 11/14/04)
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #68 on: Jun 29th, 2003, 2:55pm »

on Jun 29th, 2003, 12:50pm, bgsgfan wrote:
Steg - One idea I have been thinking about would be a real chat room (vs message boards).  A lot of times I see a lot of the other guys in here and it would be fun and informative to be able to all get together in informal chats.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #69 on: Jun 29th, 2003, 5:30pm »

Interesting you bring that up about a chat room!  I've weighed it in my head a few times now and I am leaning in that direction, even maybe in lieu of converting "the Bleachers" section to a message board.  I mean a chat room in combination with "the Bleachers" sticky thread and the occasional "Get to know your Gridironers" threads on "the Sidelines" may actually be exactly what the doctor ordered for "the Gridiron".  And, it ALL would be quite unique.  There is a chat room mod for the YaBB forum...
KillerKingSting
Gridiron Great
# 183

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #70 on: Jul 29th, 2003, 5:01pm »

Just read this whole thread (3 pages). You guys are the best thats out there , hands down. And this web site is the best thats out there as well. I've been searching for a place like this. Respectful, creative people that are into fantasy football! Someone pinch me. Oh, watch out for my stinger there!

*BEE BYE BOE BUM!!; I SMELL THE STENCH OF SOME INSANE PLAYER SCUM.
*2004 CHUMP-ION of Insane World!!!!!
*Domination of the DUKE BEEgins right here!
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #71 on: Jul 30th, 2003, 2:57am »

on Jul 29th, 2003, 5:01pm, KillerKingSting wrote:
Just read this whole thread (3 pages). You guys are the best thats out there , hands down. And this web site is the best thats out there as well. I've been searching for a place like this. Respectful, creative people that are into fantasy football! Someone pinch me. Oh, watch out for my stinger there!

Wow.....I think you are gonna fit in well here.  You were actually smart enough to read a thread before posting......

Welcome!!!!!!

Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #72 on: Jul 30th, 2003, 5:41am »

Heya... I know I've responded to some of your threads here, but never gave you an official hello KKS.  There's not a whole lotta BS here.  We're all FF fans/players and, for the most part, are straight-shooters.

People here will take the time to actually read your posts and respond thoughtfully to them, unlike some other sites where everyone is looking for the next flame opportunity.

Enjoy!  
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #73 on: Aug 1st, 2005, 5:28pm »

I'm upchucking this old thread to make a special request of you all...

LET'S GET THE WORD OUT IN CYBERSPACE ABOUT THESE "Team-by-team Fantasy-specific Individual Player Rankings" we got goin' on here at FantasyFootballer.com.  Here's the Eagles':

http://www.ffpro.com/teamreports/eagles/eagles-footballinfoframes.htm.

Now, go hit up some other message-board forums...

This great stuff is original, exclusive content of the FantasyFootballer.com network!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #74 on: Nov 29th, 2005, 8:20pm »

Well, fellow Gridironers,

I am at one of these junctures where I'd like to (in the spirit of slow, but steady progress) garner some input from you all regarding (reasonable/small) upgrades/modifications to be considered for the offseason.  At this time, I would like input on the following...

1) Our "FF-specific Team Reports" section, which is featured at the top of the pages of the forum has, thankfully, grown by leaps and bounds this year.  That section along with the other "added" (non-forum) related links in that area above the forum is really pushing the forum itself down, however, necessitating quite a bit of (extra) scrolling.  How would you guys like to see the stuff up there reorganized/consolidated?  The "Donations" link ain't going anywhere.  But, besides that, the rest could be consolidated under two headings:  "FF-specific Team Reports" and "Other Featured Content".  I mean, one quick case in point, as things stand right now "the Newsstand" and "The REAL Feed" links are in fact redundant.  Also, do you guys like that stuff up there where it is or would you prefer those links to be off to the left?  Or, what other ideas do you have regarding this?

2) This is a very small one...  Is it time to remove the "smiley memorial" to 9/11 up at the top center?  Do NOT get me wrong.  I like it.  I like those who like it.  And, I like that it in its small way helps us not forget that event.  BUT,...??? ...

Finally, please understand that at this time I am asking about these two issues in particular as I am, given what I perceive to be their particular importance at this time, willing to add getting them done to my already full plate.  So, I want input about what I can (make the time to) do.  What I don't need is a deluge of unfocused recommendations.  So, please limit your suggestions to these areas of inquiry.  And, ON THE OTHER HAND, if you kind of like things as they are, please let me know that too (though I don't think this is totally going to be or even should be the case as I myself think something, even if just something small, needs to be done, at least with respect to #1 above).  The point being, if you guys think things are fine as they are with respect to these issues, I can consider directing my energies to other "projects".

Please do feel free to chime in here.  Just do so thoughtfully.  There are few, if any, sites out there where your input on such developmental matters matters.  Here I ask for it.  I implore you all to take advantage of this unique opportunity to "make a difference".  Thank you for your anticipated thoughtful input!  I am...

...Sincerely,
Steve Stegeman
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  6 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.