In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 19th, 2017, 12:29pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron the Bleachers

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   the Bleachers
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: the Bleachers  (Read 68963 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: the Bleachers
« Reply #100 on: Nov 28th, 2009, 6:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Nov 28th, 2009, 12:49pm, StegRock wrote:
Let's GO Salukis!!!

Linkage: http://siusalukis.cstv.com/!!! #1 in the nation going in!!!

Let's beat Tony Romo's old team!!!

Woo-hoo...  48-7!!!
cwhams
GM
Fmr. CBFLer
Champ - '07
# 489

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile Email

« Reply #101 on: Dec 2nd, 2009, 6:36pm »

CONGRATULATIONS TO TAKAMINE ON THE BIRTH OF A BOUNCING BABY GIRL!!!!  

ELLA SOPHIA HAMILTON, 8 LBS 6 OZ. Born on December 1, 2009.  She is a beauty!

I'm thinking she's Pa's girl!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #102 on: Dec 3rd, 2009, 12:06am »

CONGRATS, Hamiltons!!! Good luck, Nateman... and wife!!!  Your hands will be full,... but so will your hearts!!! ... Nothin' like that babbaroombabba!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #103 on: Dec 5th, 2009, 1:54pm »

Come on, Salukis!!!  Let's get to the semis...  Let's get the 2nd Half comeback going!!!

http://siusalukis.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/silu-m-footbl-body.html.

You TOOK IT TO Tony Romo's old team last week.  There's no losing to a school with the word "Mary" in its name... Bunch of Marys...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #104 on: Dec 5th, 2009, 4:44pm »

on Dec 5th, 2009, 1:54pm, StegRock wrote:
Come on, Salukis!!! Let's get to the semis... Let's get the 2nd Half comeback going!!!

http://siusalukis.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/silu-m-footbl-body.html.

You TOOK IT TO Tony Romo's old team last week. There's no losing to a school with the word "Mary" in its name... Bunch of Marys...

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #105 on: Dec 6th, 2009, 1:04am »

Boy, today's been a rough one...  From shedding a tear for SIU's loss to THIS,... which any self-respecting Donkos should be touched by...  From "The REAL Feed":

Iconic Broncos fan, Barrel Man, dies at age 69
SI.com: NFL (05.12.2009 21:14)
DENVER (AP) -- Relatives say Tim McKernan, the Denver Broncos fan known for wearing little more than a barrel at games, has died. McKernan died of lung disease early Friday. He was 69.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #106 on: Dec 17th, 2009, 3:25am »

Heya, All!  Some of you may have noticed that I've been a little out of the loop, and I will continue to be so.  I'm up to my eyeballs in term ... papers; Baby Monica has been, for pretty much the first time in her life, under the weather, which has Gino and me stressing, and, looooong story, I've got a broken collarbone... that I've just been "toughing out" for the past month! Anyway, one way or another we are headed to Mama Steg's in Jersey by no later than Monday, and hopefully Sunday.  So, I, again, will continue to be by and large hit-and-miss probably through Christmas. Over and out...
sk
Assistant Coach
# 657

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #107 on: Jan 1st, 2010, 9:50pm »

On the order of a News Flash

Ray Matty's Fighting Chia Pets won there 3rd Championship in 4 years in the Deuce FF league!

Happy Holidays to all

Todd
« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2010, 9:52pm by sk » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #108 on: Feb 5th, 2010, 10:03pm »

This don't seem right, does it?  From "The REAL Feed":

La. student sent home for wearing Colts jersey
ESPN: NFL (05.02.2010 18:14)
A Louisiana high school student says he was sent home for wearing an Indianapolis Colts jersey after the principal encouraged students to wear jerseys supporting the New Orleans Saints in the Super Bowl.

While "trickle-down" economics may be questionable, there is no question about trickle-down fascism.  It looks like the administration's politics are trickling down.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #109 on: Jul 28th, 2010, 3:51am »

Wavin' bye, but not for too long...  We are headed tomorrow to Mama Steg's on the Jersey shore.  It will be Planes, Trains and Automobiles.  Baby Monica will be getting her wings...  YEAH!  I probably won't have much, if any time to jump on the Grid tomorrow morning before we leave and, once we leave, I will be incommunicado for hopefully only a day or so (my mom is having computer trouble, so...).  Anyways, see yous on the other side!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #110 on: Jul 28th, 2010, 1:14pm »

on Jul 28th, 2010, 3:51am, StegRock wrote:
Wavin' bye, but not for too long... We are headed tomorrow to Mama Steg's on the Jersey shore. It will be Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Baby Monica will be getting her wings... YEAH! I probably won't have much, if any time to jump on the Grid tomorrow morning before we leave and, once we leave, I will be incommunicado for hopefully only a day or so (my mom is having computer trouble, so...). Anyways, see yous on the other side!

Grounded for a bit...  Flight's delay an hour and a half.  So, I may be trolling around for the next couple hours.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #111 on: Sep 26th, 2010, 9:52am »

Five more years and this kid will be in the pros.  Can't wait to see him in college!!  Oh yea, his name, Barry Sanders JUNIOR!!!

The highlights reel 6 minutes long.  He is sick!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu9Q04L4a7k

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
cwhams
GM
Fmr. CBFLer
Champ - '07
# 489

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile Email

« Reply #112 on: Jan 11th, 2011, 9:16am »

Just a note, cwhams has once again won the Family Feud fantasy football league.  

The Rickster came in at a come from behind 2nd place finish.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #113 on: Jan 11th, 2011, 1:45pm »

on Jan 11th, 2011, 9:16am, cwhams wrote:
Just a note, cwhams has once again won the Family Feud fantasy football league.

The Rickster came in at a come from behind 2nd place finish.

Congrats, Chuckster! Congrats to The Rick too! I know how much the league means to its participants and your family. It is a great league that embodies, what I like to call, the virtuous side of the hobby. But, I digress... It was the Deji Karim draft pick that put you over the top, right?
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2011, 7:50pm by Stegfucius » Logged
cwhams
GM
Fmr. CBFLer
Champ - '07
# 489

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile Email

« Reply #114 on: Jan 13th, 2011, 3:44pm »

In truth Karem put up 17 points in the season championship effort.  I needed that, because McCoy was announced inactive a mere hour prior to game time...a fact that eluded me.  GO SIU alumni!!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #115 on: Mar 11th, 2011, 7:56pm »

I remember having this discussion all the way back in 2002 with a pal of mine back in Korea...  He was contending that the days of the "pocket quarterback" were a thing of the past.  The wave of the future in the form of running quarterbacks had arrived.  I disagreed, in fact, at the time, in stark contrast, touting my support for the likes of Brad Johnson (who,... eh-hem,... won a Super Bowl).  Well, here we are almost ten years later (mind you, "the Gridiron" itself was born in late summer 2002 from my desk in Andong, South Korea), and here is the rhetoric from "The REAL Feed":

Pasquarelli's Friday Tip Sheet: QBs as runners hasn't taken off
CBS SportsLine.com NFL News (11.03.2011 13:26)
In the assessment of Kansas City general manager Scott Pioli, 'the ability to avoid the (pass) rush' was second only to 'accuracy' when the Chiefs' architect was asked during a media session at the combine last month about the attributes quarterbacks must possess to play well at the NFL level.

I wish I still knew that guy...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #116 on: Mar 12th, 2011, 11:48am »

Off of football for a moment...  Let's keep the people of Japan in our thoughts and prayers.  What a tragedy!  They are still not out of the woods.  First, a devastating earthquake; then, vicious tsunami; followed by huge explosions at oil refineries, and now the threat of nuclear meltdown...  Hopefully a better day is soon on the horizon.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #117 on: May 27th, 2011, 10:50pm »

GO DU!!!  

http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/lacrosse-men/d1/2011

http://espn.go.com/lacrosse/

First team west of the Mississippi to shake things up in the world of NCAA lacrosse!!!
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #118 on: May 30th, 2011, 8:27am »

on May 27th, 2011, 10:50pm, StegRock wrote:
GO DU!!!

http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/lacrosse-men/d1/2011

http://espn.go.com/lacrosse/

First team west of the Mississippi to shake things up in the world of NCAA lacrosse!!!

I have been watching the tournament on ESPN, they looked pretty good there for a while.   Then they met the ACC......

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #119 on: May 30th, 2011, 3:30pm »

on May 30th, 2011, 8:27am, DirkDiggler wrote:
I have been watching the tournament on ESPN, they looked pretty good there for a while. Then they met the ACC......

First team west of the Mississippi ever to make a run at this thing.  Besides DU, team farthest west in the tourney this year was Notre Dame.  DU is in an auspicious situation moving forward (as the sport presumably starts slowly moving westward).  I just hope they capitalize on the opportunity.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #120 on: Jun 12th, 2011, 6:14pm »

Mildly interesting to me just insofar as I, little tike that I was, was in the wings for Lombardi's funeral as his grave in Mount Olivet Cemetery in Middletown, NJ is a stone's throw (quite literally) from my early childhood home on Sleepy Hollow Road (I know, lots of spookiness going on there, and I'm not even mentioning the infamous "Whipporwill" ruins right up the road).  I can picture the area of the cemetery his grave is in.  At any rate, from "The REAL Feed":

Family refutes report that Lombardi's grave neglected
NFL.com (11.06.2011 16:13)
Relatives of Vince Lombardi arecriticizing media reports suggesting that the family ignored thegrave of the legendary Green Bay Packers coach and left its upkeepto a stranger.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #121 on: Jun 14th, 2011, 1:38am »

Don't want to fail to mention how happy I am for Dirk Nowitski, Jason Kidd, Shaun Marion, Jason Terry and the rest of Dallas's Mavericks on their NBA Championship.  I have had my reservations about Mark Cuban, but what a classy move letting the former long-time old-guy owner receive the trophy and letting the spotlight shine on others.  And, what a series!  Every game was fantastic!  I have not been this riveted to an NBA Championship series since the Celtics last won theirs, and even then I do not think I was quite this into it.  And, the victory came over the Heat...  What redemption!  And, for the Heat, a much-needed big hunk of humble pie!  As many of you know, I am a Celts fan, but for the moment I am a band-wagon Mavericks fan.  Way to go, Mavs!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #122 on: Jul 9th, 2011, 1:08am »

While watching Chappelle's Show tonight, I saw a commercial for Well Tabs followed by one for the Trojan Triphoria.  I laughed my ass off.  I thought they were part of the show.

Really, though, what a pathetic state of affairs we find ourselves in...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #123 on: Aug 31st, 2011, 7:21pm »

I have been thinking about Arian Foster's now infamous critical tweet about fantasy footballers.  I think his point was simply that "you are sick" if you only care about his health and at present all-too-real injury like, truth be said, when we do the converse, that is to say, root for an injury to our fantasy opponents' players, which is something we should not do and honestly is rather sick.  These are real people, after all.  However, I think Foster misses a very important detail.  Such behavior is not unique to fantasy football.  Regular fans too, which he readily defends (not that he is totally against fantasy football, mind you), have opportunist attitudes about injuries to players on opposing teams.  Indeed, football players themselves try to hurt one another.  It is just part of the nature of the game.  Nobody wants to see anyone get hurt badly (I hope), but there is no denying the fact that an injury is a disadvantage.  Seeking to exploit the impact of injuries and hoping to capitalize on an injury is not a mindset that just came about with the advent of fantasy football.  Now, his follow-up decision to tweet the MRI of his injured hamstring to the world and, thus, the Texans' opponents was terribly ill-advised.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #124 on: Sep 1st, 2011, 12:41pm »

on Aug 31st, 2011, 7:21pm, StegRock wrote:
I have been thinking about Arian Foster's now infamous critical tweet about fantasy footballers. I think his point was simply that "you are sick" if you only care about his health and at present all-too-real injury like, truth be said, when we do the converse, that is to say, root for an injury to our fantasy opponents' players, which is something we should not do and honestly is rather sick. These are real people, after all. However, I think Foster misses a very important detail. Such behavior is not unique to fantasy football. Regular fans too, which he readily defends (not that he is totally against fantasy football, mind you), have opportunist attitudes about injuries to players on opposing teams. Indeed, football players themselves try to hurt one another. It is just part of the nature of the game. Nobody wants to see anyone get hurt badly (I hope), but there is no denying the fact that an injury is a disadvantage. Seeking to exploit the impact of injuries and hoping to capitalize on an injury is not a mindset that just came about with the advent of fantasy football. Now, his follow-up decision to tweet the MRI of his injured hamstring to the world and, thus, the Texans' opponents was terribly ill-advised.

I understand why these players feel the way they do....but realistically, would most people even somewhat care about his injury if it were not for fantasy football?  Would people even know his name?   These players are missing the fact that fantasy owners greatly increase these players marketing ability.   To then get pissed at the same people who helped make them famous is crazy.    

If it were not for fantasy football, I would be willing to be that probably 10% of the people would know who he is.    

If it were not for a deep keeper FF league, I would not know who the 3rd string RBs and 2nd string QBs are.  I would not give a rats ass who Jamie Harper, Alex Green, Matt Flynn etc are.  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.