In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 16th, 2024, 3:41pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron FFLA Logo!

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Outside the Lines
   Forum Archives
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   FFLA Logo!
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: FFLA Logo!  (Read 2918 times)
PA Outlaws

Email

FFLA Logo!
« on: May 3rd, 2003, 1:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Fellas,

I just sent our an email to all FFLA members asking about a FFLA logo. Please read it and get back to me with some ideas! Also, I hope I had everyone's email address. If I forgot someone, please let me know so I can fill you in. Basically, I want to collect ideas/suggestions before getting started on it.  

Jeff
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: FFLA Logo!
« Reply #1 on: May 3rd, 2003, 5:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Fellas,

First off, Jeff offered up his services here and I suggested to him to form a team/committee of sorts to work on this.  As long as you have "compatible" graphics programs, there in NO reason this cannot, perhaps, actually be worked on by a few of you.  In any case, I just do not want you guys to think I "appointed" him (over anybody else).  He is very active over on "the Gridiron" and we have spoken by phone, so that does bring him more into the "center of the action," so to speak.

That last part is actually a great segue to the next thing I want to address.  The FFLA is really, substantively coming together on "the Gridiron" AND things like this are so much more efficiently AND effectively discussed over there (SO OTHERS CAN SEE WHAT WE ARE UP TO AND WE CAN BEGIN TO GENERATE INTEREST AND EXPOSURE).  Otherwise, IN THE LONG RUN, what are we doing besides having an e-mail circle-jerk?  I understand that some of you may be strapped for time, like for example Morris, who I am sure is really busy at this point in his life and at this time of year (Congrats and Good Luck on your graduation!?), but based on a recent experience I had AND some of your noticeable absence on "the Gridiron" and, moreover, just the absolute dearth of response I receive from some of you regarding "the Gridiron", I almost get the feeling that some of you are averse to contributing over there for some reason that you are not stating.  Basically, I don't get a "good feeling" from those of you that (I perceive) this applies.  Anyway, I am actually going to post this on the following thread on our FFLA board on "the Gridiron", where Jeff, Jon, sometimes Jim, and myself have been conducting discussion:

http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=1;ac tion=display;num=1051983781.

So, if you want to stay in the loop,...

With regards to the logo,...

The red, white and blue thing, I am kind of "eh" about.  I, as most of you know, am very much of a Patriot, but the red, white and blue flag thing is becoming a little hackneyed/abused these days.  For example, check out this site, which one guy, representing one league, all on his own is trying to do what I would like to see done by way of a substantive network of sites, including the FFLA leagues:
http://www.nwffl.com/.
Talk about playing the "Patriot" card.

As far as the name Fantasy Football League Alliance (FFLA), it is no worse or better or "more of less symmetrical" than "NFL".  It was a name that came about quite naturally.  I remember that I used to for no particular reason, actually, use the word "alliance" a lot in my recruitment e-mails (including to you guys if you remember... I also have typically used words like "substantive" and "grassroots").  Eventually, it just kind of evolved into "league alliance" and "fantasy football league alliance", and I think it was either Matt Keenan or Shawn Huber that actually dubbed it or suggested we go ahead with "FFLA".  It was not really what I had had in my head, but I liked that it evolved naturally and as one who honors history, I do NOT think we should consider changing (forcing) it.  It is events and history like this that will add to the "substance" of our efforts.  Just going and changing it because we are now confronting making a logo is an artificial thing to do that takes away from our "substantiveness."

Everything else I read seems cool.  One thing I would like to see incorporated in the FFLA logo and considered in your efforts is having the acronyms for each of the leagues part of it.  That would mean leaving some wiggle room/blank space where the (three) leagues not yet part can be easily added.  Also, it means designing it with the consideration that a league could also be booted from the alliance and that league's acronym would need to be removed.  BUT, whatever, this really does not matter to me much.  It is just a thought, a good one, I think.

I will say this, though, coming up with perhaps a few logos for us to choose from would be the best way to go about this.  Don't just focus all of your efforts on making ONE logo.  Make a few!  Time is on our sides here!  So, use it to make sure we come out of this process with a really good product.  No need to rush!  I expect to make more of a real push in 2004 or 2005.

Well, be in touch!

Sincerely,
Steve
Commissioner & Webmaster, GBRFL/CBFL
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2003, 12:22am by Stegfucius » Logged
PA Outlaws

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 4th, 2003, 9:15pm »

I truly like FFLA and what it stands for. I wouldn't even consider a change to it. Anyway, how would you incorporate 12 acronyms into one logo. It just seems that it could get real "busy" with all of that. I do like Jon's suggestion of staying with "Gridiron" colors. It is a football thing, so green, white, brown should be included. I don't really know where to begin with this. . I just think we should pull as many ideas as we can together. I do like Steg's idea of getting a few logos and putting it up to a vote. I am basically leaning to either some type of shield or a football type design. I don't know why, it is just my gut feeling. Any way, any thoughts/help would be appreciated. I am not trying to rush anyone as Steg said. It is the offseason and I need some action with FF. That is why I seem so interested in it now. Plus once the season approaches, we will all be preoccupied! By the way, congrats Morris! just some of my rambling thoughts........
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: May 5th, 2003, 12:30am »

on May 4th, 2003, 9:15pm, PA Outlaws wrote:
Anyway, how would you incorporate 12 acronyms into one logo. It just seems that it could get real "busy" with all of that. I do like Jon's suggestion of staying with "Gridiron" colors. It is a football thing, so green, white, brown should be included.

Well, all I can say is that those acronyms would have to be in a real small font.  You could also just try to draw them in like I did (with my shitty software) with "the Gridiron" part of the little Gridiron logo at the bottom of the page.  I think it can be done!  Ultimately, I would at least like to see a version/attempt made like this.

Also, I agree with Jon regarding the color scheme.  I also think his suggestion is very "objectively born" given the colors of his site, i.e. the color schemes he himself might "subjectively" prefer.  In any event, green, brown and white, yellow, etc., are a good idea.  BUT, that having been said, I am open to a variety of color patterns and I would make a few different ones with different color schemes and "see" what's best.  Ultimately, if a red, white and blue one, e.g., is made and it is the best, then so be it!  Again, I would plan on making a handful, trying a variety of color patterns.
Cirrinone

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 5th, 2003, 6:21am »

Hey Steg, do you know how much SIZE we have for this logo? I assume it is going to be places where the current "the Gridiron @ Fantastfootballer.com" logo is above. Not sure, but if that's the case, could you tell us how many pixels x how many pixels we have to make it fit real snug? If not possible, that's fine. We can find the size of the other image and go from there, giving and taking pixels.
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: May 5th, 2003, 12:34pm »

Hey all... I'm not in any of the leagues in the FFLA, but I'll work on a logo as well, just for the hell of it.  I actually enjoy doing that sort of stuff.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: May 5th, 2003, 1:43pm »

Jon,

Your question is a GREAT question!  It will afford me a bit of an opportunity to make the "StegRock's Grand Master () Plan" a little more lucid.

The FFLA logo is NOT going to be where "the Gridiron @ FantasyFootballer.com" logos are...  As this network comes to fruition, "the Gridiron" here will continue to act as the message-board "hub" for the whole thing, which includes, but is definitely not limited to, the FFLA.  This eventually will NOT be the central site for the whole network.  It kind of is (for) now, but that is just because that is where we are in the evolutionary/unfolding process of this whole thing.  Our forum here, "the Gridiron", is just a piece of the puzzle, an important and necessary piece granted, but just a piece, and FantasyFootballer.com, my site, will continue to feature the GBRFL and GBRFL-style leagues and all the other things I have mentioned throughout this site/these boards.  The "real" hub site for the greater network will exist elsewhere, i.e. at another sweeeeeet-ass domain, and the FFLA will be a "feature"/"featured section" of that site as will be "the Gridiron" forum.  Kind of following this... ?  Again, the GBRFL's connection to "the Gridiron @ FantasyFootballer.com" is ME or (if this is more palatable) FantasyFootballer.com itself, which is MY domain (name) ; the relationship of "the Gridiron" to the FFLA is US by way of this "big" plan of mine, i.e. the network, which really is just us right now and a non-participating JunkYardJake.com and a site under development, FFGridiron.com, owned by our esteemed member Razzak.  If you visit FFGridiron.com, you will see how he links to "the Gridiron"/how we are "connecting"/"coming together," moreover, in a way that JunkYardJake has pretty much failed to do, and the "bigger picture" may become even clearer to you if you are good at reading between the lines/putting jigsaw puzzles together.  Please do remember, though, that Razzak's site is still very bare-bones.

Anyway, to bring this around full-circle and back to the point of the logo, yea, I suppose something roughly the size of "the Gridiron @ FantasyFootballer.com" graphic would be about right.  Also of note, we will also need a 150X60 button version of it to be displayed on the strip of buttons above and, perhaps, a 88X31 button for generic use.

So, there you have it!  Any further questions, jet 'em at me!  In any case, GOOD LUCK, all!

Your Friend in Fantasy Football,
Steg
PA Outlaws

Email

« Reply #7 on: May 5th, 2003, 1:58pm »

on May 5th, 2003, 12:34pm, Philly wrote:
Hey all... I'm not in any of the leagues in the FFLA, but I'll work on a logo as well, just for the hell of it.  I actually enjoy doing that sort of stuff.

Great!  . We will keep you   of the whole process. Any and all help is appreciated!  

Jeff
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: May 5th, 2003, 8:47pm »

on May 5th, 2003, 1:58pm, PA Outlaws wrote:

Great!  . We will keep you   of the whole process. Any and all help is appreciated!  

Jeff

Jeff,

Thanks...  I've got one pretty much done already.  It does incorporate a somewhat patriotic theme, but does not include all of the names of the league members.  That will be difficult to pull off.  I did include other "representations" of the 12 teams though.  When I get some that I'm pleased with, I'll pass them on.

-Jeff
PA Outlaws

Email

« Reply #9 on: May 5th, 2003, 9:43pm »

Damn! you are the man! Not only do you like the Eagles, but you are a fucking maniac!  . I think it is going to be hard toincorporate 12 anacronyms myself. Maybe you could email me what you have so I could take a look at them. I will help in any way I can! Thanks again!

Jeff
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: May 5th, 2003, 9:47pm »

on May 5th, 2003, 8:47pm, Philly wrote:
Jeff,

Thanks...  I've got one pretty much done already.  It does incorporate a somewhat patriotic theme, but does not include all of the names of the league members.  That will be difficult to pull off.  I did include other "representations" of the 12 teams though.  When I get some that I'm pleased with, I'll pass them on.

-Jeff

Jeff, Philly that is,

First off, thanks for your efforts!  BUT, did you read the "cut-and-pasted" e-mail (that I had sent out to the FFLA guys) above?  It is the second post herein!  PLEASE READ IT THOROUGHLY BEFORE CONTINUING!  I do not want you to waste your precious efforts!  There are currently 9 "leagues" in the FFLA... 12 teams? ??? Also, as you will see in the aforementioned post above, a patriotic theme is something I would actually like to avoid, though I am not averse to the idea.  Please take these factors and any others you can infer into consideration before continuing!  Thank you for your anticipated understanding and cooperation!  I am...

...Sincerely,
Steve Stegeman
PA Outlaws

Email

« Reply #11 on: May 5th, 2003, 9:59pm »

All points taken Steg! Just trying to brainstorm some ideas. The more ideas we can get the better we will be in the long run. I would just like to plan out a logo with the assumption of 12 teams. It allows me to try to come up with a more realistic idea of what it will look like. To be honest with you, I am not trying to finish it any time soon. All ideas will be seen, studied, and applied if possible.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: May 5th, 2003, 10:09pm »

on May 5th, 2003, 9:59pm, PA Outlaws wrote:
All points taken Steg! Just trying to brainstorm some ideas. The more ideas we can get the better we will be in the long run. I would just like to plan out a logo with the assumption of 12 teams. It allows me to try to come up with a more realistic idea of what it will look like. To be honest with you, I am not trying to finish it any time soon. All ideas will be seen, studied, and applied if possible.

"Leagues", you mean, right?  I just don't want to confuse the dudes who might want to help out, like Philly, but are not in a league in the FFLA!  That's all!
Cirrinone

Email

« Reply #13 on: May 6th, 2003, 6:23am »

Yeah, I think he means it will be USED for 12 leagues, but if he can get it planned out as a logo planned out for 12 TEAMS, like you see on some sites, then it will be easier to add on the acronyms. Well, I THINK that's what you meant. Haha.
PA Outlaws

Email

« Reply #14 on: May 6th, 2003, 7:17am »

Not to worry Steg! I am just trying to brainstorm as many ideas as I can get. I truly appreciate any help from anyone who will get it. The more ideas we get , the better the finished product will be. As for the 12 teams, I just want to see how a logo would look with 12 anacronyms in it. I just can't picture it now. It seems like a lot to put into a logo. This is not going to be done this week, but I want as many sources involved as possible. Colors are easy to change. I'm not even looking at that kind of thing now anyway. Just trying to get a background to get started, that's all!

Jeff
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: May 6th, 2003, 9:25am »

Sorry guys... I used the word teams when I really meant leagues.

And I started the first logo before you voiced your negativity towards the red/white/blue issue Steg.  I figured I would finish it anyway and let everyone look at it.  It still needs work though, so don't expect anything right away.
PA Outlaws

Email

« Reply #16 on: May 6th, 2003, 11:00am »

Sorry for the double post above and for the confusion. I just thought it would be great to see what a logo with lots of "leagues" or teams" or whatever would look like!
Sorry for the confusion!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: May 6th, 2003, 1:33pm »

Sounds "ALL GOOD!"  Press on, men!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: May 12th, 2003, 1:41pm »

Hey, guys!

I just got to kind of thinkin', a dangerous thing , that it really was never clearly addressed as to where/how the FFLA logo will be used.  In answering Jon's question above, it was stated where/how it would not be used, but only, at best, implied as to where/how it would be used...

So, here are two usages for the FFLA logo that come to mind:

1.  As a "stamp" of sorts to be used as an accompaniment or replacement for the league logos on any individual FFLA league site; however, links to each and every league would STILL need to be provided; I would say to use it as an accompaniment to the individual league logos until we really get this thing networked, at least that is what I plan to do; actually, I will probably always leave all the logos on the GBRFL and CBFL home pages;

2. In a prime spot as the FFLA logo representing us all at that "network hub" site I envision; there will be individual links to each of the leagues there as well, mind you.

Anyway, I hope that answers any queries you might have had.  If you have others, ask away!  Also, a note to those working on this:  remember that the FFLA is now only comprised of EIGHT leagues, NOT nine, but it will potentially grow to TWELVE, so that is what you would want to account for IF you are making an attempt at making an FFLA logo that incorporates all the leagues' acronyms.  Good luck and thank you!
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2003, 12:07am by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: May 17th, 2003, 12:36am »

Guys,

You may have noticed that FFLA graphic displayed in my signature area.  I just put all of Jon's buttons together in a strip.  I thought of doing this after (temporarily) changing my avatar to the ATO one.  So you guys know, it is located at:

http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/images/FFLAStrip.jpg.

The only problem is that, though it is not too heavy (28 KB), it is a bit heavy to be using in a message-board signature area like it is.  It makes the pages come up a little slower and is tougher on the server.  That having been said, I think it looks sweeeeeeeeet there, and I am going to leave it for a bit at least.  Anyway, just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

Your Friend,
Steg
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: May 17th, 2003, 2:12pm »

Based on what DirkDiggler noticed, I changed the FFLA "Strip" to an FFLA "Box" for the purposes of using it here in my "signature."  I think it looks very cool!  In any event, if you are interested in downloading/seeing the original "Strip" version, it still exists at the same location I gave above.  As for the new "Box" version, it is located at the following URL:

http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/images/FFLABox.jpg.

If you have cause to use either of them, go for it!  Obviously, do not use the "Strip" version for any feature of your profile on "the Gridiron", though.
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: May 19th, 2003, 11:48am »

Quick comment about the FFLA Box... you might want to rearrange the logos a bit... the CBFL and SBFFL don't work next to each other because the red endzone in the CBFL seems to merge with the red in the SBFFL making it look like the SBFFL isn't actually rectangular... (I know, I'm a bit anal...)

Also, the three logos that incorporate a reddish color (GBRFL, FFL, and SBFFL are all grouped together on the left and the reds don't work well in proximity...)

Finally, I spent a little time working on a new FFLA logo over the weekend... I had it almost finished (and looking mighty sweet) and my wife came in and said it looked like a logo for a tennis event... needless to say it was deleted pretty quickly.  
mattman
Water Boy
# 86

Crusaders RULE !

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: May 19th, 2003, 12:10pm »

Guys,  

Pretty busy thread going on here. Just wanted to offer my help if required.

I quite like the idea of a shield type design, that is why I chose it for th IFLAF
logo. But then again whatever works will be cool.

The way I see it, in order to decide what a logo looks like you need to come up
with what you are trying to achieve from the logo..

Here's what I think the logo should represent.....

1. NFL  
2. Fantasy Football
3. FFLA 12 League Affiliation (Max), I know we only have 8 at the moment.
    But we should think ahead and leave something in the design that can
    easily incorporate 4 more leagues.

There are other additions to this I am sure, which you guys can add to.
But if the logo can say all of the above, then we are getting somewhere, it's
just a matter of deciding what piece of imagery to represent the above items.

My 0.02c worth...

Matt  

=================================
Irish Fantasy League Of American Football
www.iflaf.com
=================================
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: May 19th, 2003, 2:29pm »

First of all, I agree with mattman's take on the logo.  I hope you take it upon yourself, mattfriend, and just make yourself more part of the process by way of taking part in the discussions here more frequently and/or contributing some of that excellent graphics ability you obviously have.

As for the FFLA box, first off... !  There were actually two mistakes in the box and the original strip.  I was going about tackling Philly's suggestions when I realized them, or in the second case, finally figured it out and fixed it.

I was about to explain the reason for displaying the leagues the way I did when it dawned on me, and then I double-checked, that the SBFFL was part of the FFLA before the CBFL.  Point being, the order in which the leagues entered the FFLA goes from left to right and then from top to bottom of the box.  Because of that mistake, though, I switched the SBFFL and CBFL logos, which inherently took care of the first problem Philly listed.  The other problem I fixed did not regard Philly's commentary.  It regarded the spacing for the NAFFLIU button, which has that all-white background making it difficult to insert with precision.  It was out of whack back when I made the original strip.  As I made the box from the strip, the box too was out of whack.  I had made up the extra space, the existence of which befuddled me, by bumping over the QFL button.  If you had a VERY perceptive eye, you would have noticed it.  Anyway, it is fixed now, i.e., it is now 352X62.  So, if you already downloaded the FFLA Box or Strip, you would want to do so again.

Now, back to Philly's other suggestion, all I can say is that if you want to put the puzzle together differently, go for it.  All of the buttons are in the avatar database individually.  Go ahead and download 'em and see if you can come up with a mosaic color pattern more appealing.  I see where Philly is coming from, but, again, my idea was to put them in the order of their entrance into the FFLA, without consideration for aesthetics. However, I would not waste too much time on this because a) it is just something that I only foresee my using, eh-hem, and b) I, myself, may only use it temporarily in my signature as it does make the pages "heavy" on our server, unless of course, you are considering somehow using it in your greater FFLA logo design.

Well, again, thank you all for your participation and assistance in everything!  Be in touch!
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

« Reply #24 on: May 23rd, 2003, 8:31pm »

I think it looks cool, but what about when you add two, four, six more leagues? Do you plan on making the buttons smaller?

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.