In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 19th, 2024, 1:15am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron One league gone!

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Outside the Lines
   Forum Archives
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   One league gone!
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: One league gone!  (Read 3236 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

One league gone!
« on: May 11th, 2003, 1:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Guys,

Check your e-mails as soon as reasonably possible!  I have sent you all an urgent message!  After perusing it, you will see that one league is out of the FFLA.  Please remove that league's logo(s) and link(s) from your respective sites.  More information is contained in the e-mail and if you have further questions, feel free to jet them at me.  If they are of the innocuous variety, feel free to ask them here.  If not, out of respect to all parties involved, I would suggest asking such questions privately by e-mail, but of course, you can send them to everybody.  You are even welcome to call me as my e-mail indicates.  Well, be in touch!  I am...

...Sincerely,
Steve Stegeman
Commissioner & Webmaster, GBRFL/CBFL
PA Outlaws

Email

Re: One league gone!
« Reply #1 on: May 12th, 2003, 8:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Bye Bye! Won't be missed!  
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: May 12th, 2003, 8:35am »

No loss! See ya biznatch!

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
DBFFL_Commish
Tackling Dummy
# 116

Long live the DBFFL

shuber1978
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: May 12th, 2003, 11:48am »

What a joke, I am not sure what exactally was told to you all but I am sure it isn't the whole truth. Anywho I am glad to be rid of this lame attempt to rival FFtoday.com That website is far better then this and the rest of you would be wise to get rid of StegRock as soon as possible for he is nothing but trouble.

Shawn Huber
DBFFL Commissioner
commissioner@dbffl99.com
www.dbffl99.com
PA Outlaws

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 12th, 2003, 11:54am »

First of all, FFtoday is NOW a joke! It used to be a good, quality site. People like you are probably the ones who ruined it. There is absolutely no intelligent conversation to be found there. Post something and you get nothing but sarcasm, belittlement, and ridicule. At least here, there are INTELLIGENT football minds. You can get good, sound information and advice without the bullshit! We are better off without your kind here. Do us all a favor and stay over at FFtoday and spill your garbage there.  
DBFFL_Commish
Tackling Dummy
# 116

Long live the DBFFL

shuber1978
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: May 12th, 2003, 1:53pm »

on May 12th, 2003, 11:54am, PA Outlaws wrote:
First of all, FFtoday is NOW a joke! It used to be a good, quality site. People like you are probably the ones who ruined it. There is absolutely no intelligent conversation to be found there. Post something and you get nothing but sarcasm, belittlement, and ridicule. At least here, there are INTELLIGENT football minds. You can get good, sound information and advice without the bullshit! We are better off without your kind here. Do us all a favor and stay over at FFtoday and spill your garbage there.  

It isn't a joke, the joke is you. Maybe the reason you get the sarcasm and belittlement is becuase you don't ask any intelligent questions. You post senseless drabble that doesn't mean anything worth while to read.  

Shawn Huber
DBFFL Commissioner
commissioner@dbffl99.com
www.dbffl99.com
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: May 12th, 2003, 2:51pm »

on May 12th, 2003, 11:48am, DBFFL_Commish wrote:
BLAH... BLAH... BLAH...

I really, truly want to drop this, but, though I appreciate what these guys are doing, I really do not want them sticking their heads out and taking bullets for me.  So, I will stand up and be a man, something which if you had done with your league members, something I implored you to do, would have prevented this all from degenerating the way it did.  Don't you see, Shawn, that this Ryan pal of yours (and a couple cohorts he recruited) led you down the wrong path here?  It may be cool to have a trash-talker like that in your league; we all like to have at least one of those, but that is not how you comport yourself in real life or business which is what his dealings with me should have reflected.  When it did not, you should have taken a strong stand.  He did not really relent until I just gave up; a tactic you told me would work.  Well, you never ended up really doing anything much to quell the situation, at least nothing that worked, actually wanted no part of it all as I recall and have documented, and leaving well enough alone eventually didn't work with this asshole as we saw 14 or so days later this past Saturday night, and I, the guy busting his hump here with all this, continued to be the punching bag.

I also had a sneaky suspicion that somehow you were going to make an attempt to make me look bad here.  Overall, what I wrote both above and in the letter I sent out to the guys was "fairly" innocuous, but I did point out that I thought you would try to make me look bad and that deleting all the relevant posts over on your boards could be part of that.  And, well, what do you go do right on my own site that I have worked on so hard for so long?  That's just straight-up fucked-up, dude!  But, thanks for following through for me and confirming my suspicion.

The bottom line here, though, Shawn, is that I have every single correspondence that went down, e-mails and message boards, saved; pardon me, I had saved the DBFFL message-board pages before your member "Hostile Intentions" chimed in and bent me over.  His two posts are the only two pieces of correspondence I don't have saved.  Every single other piece I have saved and it all paints a clear picture.  As I stated before, I will state again, these are available to anyone who would like to peruse them, and, yes, a couple guys already have seen what went on, i.e. the treatment I received, on the DBFFL boards.  The one piece I did forward to them all was a final e-mail from your "league founder" Ryan that pretty much sums everything up pretty well.

Shawn, I wanted to get your attention and, yes, my final e-mail was a bit harsh.  I finally blew a gasket, which was extremely justified and could have been anticipated when Ryan brought his shit over here specifically to the GBRFL board and naming himself Stegrocks_Owner.  Don't you get it?  Ryan, not you, not me... Ryan is the big weiner , I mean winner, here, and that is a shame.  We ARE, from the ground up, building something special here which will very well benefit all of us, possibly monetarily, whether you want to see that fact or not!  But, it is going to take "cooperation and consideration" to get there.  But, instead, in this case, the great Ryan got what he wanted, which is for you to pull out of the FFLA and, moreover, get back at me for your originally backing me up and asking him to send me that apology e-mail, which, yes, I have saved.  Of course, at this point it was hard to justify/explain the FFLA to him or anyone for that matter because you had apparently never done so.  In any event, his apologizing to me at your request must have been a VERY humbling experience for him that he festered over, although he continued bashing me with his posts over on your boards.  Well, he knew he would get my goat with that message of his here, and he was right.  It was a Saturday night; I was having an enjoyable, relaxing night hangin' out, and that was the straw that broke the camel's back and, yes, I flipped.  I must admit, though, that he did kind of dig the DBFFL's grave with his post about ditching that stupid FFLA thing.  Point being, after the beating I had been taking combined with my feeling that the DBFFL is better off going its own way, I let it fly.  But, make no mistakes, though I used some vituperative language, nothing of what I wrote was "not understandable" given the events that led up to it, which Ryan's final "Ha!  Ha!  I won" e-mail sums up perfectly.

As for FFToday, better, nah... more popular, sure, and they should be.  They have been around for ages; my little "behind-the-scenes" Gridiron has only been on the scene for a little over 8 months.  So,... You know nothing of my relationship with Mike over there, anyway.  I am still on his staff, for goodness sake, although I am not sure how much sense it really makes for me to write any more articles for him, so the one I did for him in November could be my last... by my choice.  Do your homework first, brother?

Finally, guys, DON'T FEED INTO SHAWN AND LET THIS, OUR GOOD THING HERE, DEGENERATE!  He is miffed right now, understandably so!  Let's not provoke him and his "hatin' parade" that he is on!  Let him babble on to himself!  Don't respond , moreover nastily,... and he will eventually go away... his way!  As my wife likes to say, "Bygones!"  Next,...
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2003, 3:04pm by Stegfucius » Logged
PA Outlaws

Email

« Reply #7 on: May 12th, 2003, 3:52pm »

Agreed Steg! Just don't like people hatin' on us!  
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: May 29th, 2003, 1:21pm »

Fellas,

Now that this has died down, I wanted to say something to all of you...

Thank you, each and every one of you, for getting my back here.  I feel like I am trying to do good here, and I love and respect the individual contributions all of you are making to our awesome hobby by way of your great and unique leagues and sites and the devotion each of you exhibits, but I was a little worried that this might cause enough of a shake-up that our good thing might begin to break apart, moreover, if "they" tried to actively undermine me, which they actually attempted here above, but were cut off at the pass.  THANK YOU!  I appreciate all the support you all gave me by e-mail, and how quickly you did so, and I especially want to thank BW and PA for stickin' their necks out here on this thread.  Though I wanted to put a stop to things so as to avoid exacerbating the situation, it made me feel good to see a couple dudes go out on the limb for me here mainly because of the 4-on-1 DBFFL beating I had been taking theretofore.  With all of you, but with PA in particular, I felt like he was getting my back in a bar fight, and that was nice because that is the kind of guy I am.  Someone fucks with one of you guys, at least with regards to fantasy football, your sites, leagues or whatever, well, they're fuckin' with me too because I know (firsthand) the effort each of you is putting in, and I am not one to allow miserable mother fuckers to naysay people who are trying their best.  And, I ain't wearin' gloves.  I also want to thank you all for getting the DBFFL logo off your sites.  There is only one of you left (eh-hem, Jim ) who needs to take that nasty Dirty Bird down, but I understand the sitch and I know very well where you stand, BW. Anyway, it was great that this went as smoothly as it did and that is thanks to each and every one of you.

Your "Thankful... full" Friend,
Steve
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: May 29th, 2003, 8:14pm »

You are quite welcome Steve.

And Todd is aware of the changes that need to be made. I hope he can get to them soon. I will keep on it!

Jim

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
PA Outlaws

Email

« Reply #10 on: May 29th, 2003, 9:44pm »

No thanks needed Steg! That's why we are here! We're all here for the love of the hobby and sport and to further this site and all of our own! I know you would have my back and I gladly will return the favor! Let's keep it going!  
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: May 31st, 2003, 3:38am »

on May 29th, 2003, 1:21pm, StegRock wrote:
Fellas,

Now that this has died down, I wanted to say something to all of you...

Thank you, each and every one of you, for getting my back here.  I feel like I am trying to do good here, and I love and respect the individual contributions all of you are making to our awesome hobby by way of your great and unique leagues and sites and the devotion each of you exhibits, but I was a little worried that this might cause enough of a shake-up that our good thing might begin to break apart, moreover, if "they" tried to actively undermine me, which they actually attempted here above, but were cut off at the pass.  THANK YOU!  I appreciate all the support you all gave me by e-mail, and how quickly you did so, and I especially want to thank BW and PA for stickin' their necks out here on this thread.  Though I wanted to put a stop to things so as to avoid exacerbating the situation, it made me feel good to see a couple dudes go out on the limb for me here mainly because of the 4-on-1 DBFFL beating I had been taking theretofore.  With all of you, but with PA in particular, I felt like he was getting my back in a bar fight, and that was nice because that is the kind of guy I am.  Someone fucks with one of you guys, at least with regards to fantasy football, your sites, leagues or whatever, well, they're fuckin' with me too because I know (firsthand) the effort each of you is putting in, and I am not one to allow miserable mother fuckers to naysay people who are trying their best.  And, I ain't wearin' gloves.  I also want to thank you all for getting the DBFFL logo off your sites.  There is only one of you left (eh-hem, Jim ) who needs to take that nasty Dirty Bird down, but I understand the sitch and I know very well where you stand, BW. Anyway, it was great that this went as smoothly as it did and that is thanks to each and every one of you.

Your "Thankful... full" Friend,
Steve

The timing of my posting the message above is going to turn out to be so ironic, unfortunately!  A briefing for now, I'm tired of being nice and obliging 99.9% of the time and then being bent over and told to take it the .1% of the time I "react," read NOT cause, "respond," stand up for what I am doing here, for what I think is right and needs to be done, the sum total of which is this wonderful, positive, welcoming, active site we have!  Yea, it is like 2:15 in the morning right now and I don't want to ever feel like I feel right now, and I think I have identified the source.  Just about everybody on "the Gridiron", something from which I could profit very directly someday, is SO thankful to me when I do the littlest of things like add a little smiley or something.  With the FFLA, though, it seems like I could bend over backwards, break my back in the fucking process, pump your leagues up to people, and still end up getting grief and stress and maybe even a bad-rap in the process.  Meanwhile, according to my plans, the FFLA itself won't bring me a damn thing, at least not in terms of direct profit.  According to what I have in my head, if you guys just keep progressing with your sites, you will be the direct (monetary) beneficiaries of your league's being part of the FFLA.  The FFLA brings nothing to the table for me directly.  How then does the FFLA fit into the puzzle?  It brings to the table magnitude and perhaps credence based on its substantiveness.  However, I am starting to come to realize that the FFLA is more analogous to a "house of cards" rather than a house made of brick.  Without substance and almost complete understanding, cooperation and consideration on the parts of all those involved, those two components basically going hand-in-hand, the FFLA fundamentally loses its value... to me.  It doesn't fit in the puzzle anymore and actually acts as a source of frustration for me and an impediment to the progress of the plan I have for a greater network, as has been exhibited because people are not even on a similar page, no less the same page, and paying attention or evidently even care to.  Basically, and this does NOT apply directly to any of you FFLA representatives, as I see it, because this is an endeavor in its infancy, but "call-to-action" stages, if you are not working with me here, you are working against me and probably making double- and triple-work for me.  Maybe I am just taking this FFLA thing to a level you did not expect... to have to comply with.  That I can understand and makes sense.  It would also confirm the writing on the wall.

I am WAY tired of writing about this.  For all I know anymore, half of this may not even be being read.  I am VERY discouraged right now!  Anyway, if you want to discuss this, feel free to send me your phone number.  If you want mine, ask me to send it to you and I will... immediately and diligently like I have always done everything. :argh:
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: May 31st, 2003, 9:57am »

on May 31st, 2003, 3:38am, StegRock wrote:

The timing of my posting the message above is going to turn out to be so ironic, unfortunately!  A briefing for now, I'm tired of being nice and obliging 99.9% of the time and then being bent over and told to take it the .1% of the time I "react," read NOT cause, "respond," stand up for what I am doing here, for what I think is right and needs to be done, the sum total of which is this wonderful, positive, welcoming, active site we have!  Yea, it is like 2:15 in the morning right now and I don't want to ever feel like I feel right now, and I think I have identified the source.  Just about everybody on "the Gridiron", something from which I could profit very directly someday, is SO thankful to me when I do the littlest of things like add a little smiley or something.  With the FFLA, though, it seems like I could bend over backwards, break my back in the fucking process, pump your leagues up to people, and still end up getting grief and stress and maybe even a bad-rap in the process.  Meanwhile, according to my plans, the FFLA itself won't bring me a damn thing, at least not in terms of direct profit.  According to what I have in my head, if you guys just keep progressing with your sites, you will be the direct (monetary) beneficiaries of your league's being part of the FFLA.  The FFLA brings nothing to the table for me directly.  How then does the FFLA fit into the puzzle?  It brings to the table magnitude and perhaps credence based on its substantiveness.  However, I am starting to come to realize that the FFLA is more analogous to a "house of cards" rather than a house made of brick.  Without substance and almost complete understanding, cooperation and consideration on the parts of all those involved, those two components basically going hand-in-hand, the FFLA fundamentally loses its value... to me.  It doesn't fit in the puzzle anymore and actually acts as a source of frustration for me and an impediment to the progress of the plan I have for a greater network, as has been exhibited because people are not even on a similar page, no less the same page, and paying attention or evidently even care to.  Basically, and this does NOT apply directly to any of you FFLA representatives, as I see it, because this is an endeavor in its infancy, but "call-to-action" stages, if you are not working with me here, you are working against me and probably making double- and triple-work for me.  Maybe I am just taking this FFLA thing to a level you did not expect... to have to comply with.  That I can understand and makes sense.  It would also confirm the writing on the wall.

I am WAY tired of writing about this.  For all I know anymore, half of this may not even be being read.  I am VERY discouraged right now!  Anyway, if you want to discuss this, feel free to send me your phone number.  If you want mine, ask me to send it to you and I will... immediately and diligently like I have always done everything. :argh:

Uh, while not a commish in any of the leagues and just a member, I think maybe you should sleep on it.  Being an outsider who knows very little  about whats going on except the posts I read, I think this is a good thing.  

From all the posts on all the leagues, it seems you have the buy in from the commishes.  Granted, not everything is always going to go perfect and not everyone is always going to agree, but overall it is a goodgreat thing!

It is like having kids.  You love them all the time, but you don't always have to like them.  And like having brothers and sisters, you love them all the time, but sometimes they can be real dumbasses.

Do you feel better this A.M.???  For the betterment of the site I hope so.

I know people appreciate what you do!

Take care....just my thoughts.
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2003, 2:09pm by DirkDiggler » Logged

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: May 31st, 2003, 5:49pm »

Well, Dirk, all, I have come down a bit.  There is an important message on page 2 of the following thread (visit it only if you have the time and a cup of tea or brandy or whatever you like next to you as it is Steggie-style l-o-n-g, which it had to be if we are all going to get on the same page here and keep the FFLA up and running):

http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=56;a ction=display;num=1051998680;start=25.

Honestly, though, I still got to do some soul-searching here, nevertheless.  Not that this applies to any of you posting on this board, but I refuse to break my back for dudes who break my balls.
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2003, 6:01pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Cirrinone

Email

« Reply #14 on: May 31st, 2003, 6:27pm »

Grrrr, just typed up a whole thing and then I accidentally deleted it. Haha. Oops.

But Steg... to make my long post (that was deleted) short, I think I speak for everyone here when I say WE APPRECIATE YOU.  

When I had no members, no interest in my league, you welcomed me here. Since then, I've discovered a great FF environment, a reliable source for TONS of FF information, and a great home for my league... a home in which I really hope STAYS PUT.

Everyone reading, please join me in saying "I APPRECIATE YOU". Show some love, boys.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: May 31st, 2003, 6:45pm »

Jon, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

But, do remember that "the Gridiron" ain't goin' anywhere!  What I have to "re-think" is this FFLA thing ONLY.  I am sure my psyche will come around this time around and we'll just press forth.  But, I've now had a seed planted that, perhaps, the FFLA is at a point of diminishing returns, moreover, now that the leagues have finally been called to somewhat "substantive" action and I have incurred two similarish situations, the first of which did not end up the way I had hoped.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: May 31st, 2003, 7:03pm »

[quote author=StegRock link=board=1;num=1052675764;start=0#15 date=05/31/03 at 18:45:15]Jon, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

But, do remember that "the Gridiron" ain't goin' anywhere!  What I have to "re-think" is this FFLA thing ONLY.  I am sure my psyche will come around this time around and we'll just press forth.  But, I've now had a seed planted that, perhaps, the FFLA is at a point of diminishing returns, moreover, now that the leagues have finally been called to somewhat "substantive" action and I have incurred two similarish situations, the first of which did not end up the way I had hoped.[/quote

Steg--

I understand your point.  However, I offer that the FFLA DOES bring lots of good things.  It brings a solid core group of members and posters.  It brings the QFLers, Jon's group, the SBFFLers, etc.etc. etc....   Would the website survive without the FFLA?  Yes.  But does it add a unique substance and solid group of guys.  Yes.   Do you have to put as much work into the FFLA as you have?  NO.  I personally think that you have solid commishes who "believe" and can run with it.  

As far as the thread in question.....just ignore it.  (I know that may be hard)
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2003, 7:07pm by DirkDiggler » Logged

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: May 31st, 2003, 8:53pm »

Steve,

Your trying to smooth things over here, though well-intentioned, is, well, quite a bit naive.  The spirit of it is nice, but you really do not have all the information and facts you need to make such statements.  Of course, I know the value of the FFLA.  I'm the guy who conceived it; I'm the guy formed it.  But, your implication that I do not have to be putting as much effort into it as I have is just lame (as per my post on that thread).  That type of proposition somewhat fundamentally justifies what went on on that thread and definitely defeats my purpose.  I don't want to have to put a governor on my efforts, enthusiasm and passion; I'd rather elevate that of those around me, and I do not think what I ask is too much.  It does not involve much more than caring, paying attention, reading and thinking.  So, while I appreciate your sentiment and the generalities you point out, I don't appreciate your interpretation and according specific recommendation.

Your Friend,
Steg
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Jun 1st, 2003, 1:55pm »

Just when I was finally coming out of my funk here about all this, midday Sunday, "SLAM!"  To be completely frank with all of you, this is one of the reasons I responded as (apparently) "harshly" as I did to ZAGS post.  I just knew in my gut that there was more that met the eye here, and, make no mistakes, there is.  What a downer, especially on a Sunday and going into a HELLISH week for me personally, which, again, if dudes were paying attention and being just a little thoughtful, would know as I have made posts alluding to it!  I don't need this high blood-pressure I am getting from this THIS fucking WEEK!  But, anyway,... can't expect too much.  That's been made fairly lucid to me.  What I have in my head right now...  I am going to, possibly later today, pose a question to you all.  Basically, kind of a "who wants to stay and 'come together' here under the guidelines and precedents I have deemed necessary to accomplish the unique results I want to realize/who wants to go back to wherever and give it all up at this point" type thing.  The passive underlying "pissing contestish" thanklessness that is going on here is so over the top, it borders on active "unthankfulness"!  Well, get back to ya's later...  I've got to go about pulling these knives out of my back, especially that last big one.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Jun 2nd, 2003, 12:38pm »

Well, this morning I woke up with a rude, but expected, awakening!  Suffice it to say the straw that broke the Steggie's back has arrived.  While I am trying to bring people together here by providing a free board for all the FFLA leagues on what amounts to the ground floor of a greater FF-network project, here's what's goin' on behind my back:

http://www.aimoo.com/forum/freeboard.cfm?id=471872.

Funny thing is, the problem was never their league board here, right?  Never was!  They can do whatever the hell they want there.  So, how does this move really fix anything substantively other than to just break off and do their own thing, while still getting the benefit of the FFLA here?  Gee, that's bein' part of the team!

BUT, I "get it"... ultimately!  It is as I basically said in an e-mail way back.  It's ultimately a pissing contest with FF leagues, and message boards are such a territorial thang.  I might even go as far as to say, especially based on their complete absence here now, that maybe, for some of them over there, they are enjoying this and hoping that their departure tears this place down or apart or whatever.  Well, I got news for ya's.  It just makes me want to succeed and reap the harvest without them, just like the DBFFL, just that much more!

However, frankly speaking, I must admit that I knew all along that this was going to be a dicey part of the venture, moreover, because I knew that the rules for this place that I would have to mandate to acheive the greater goal(s) were not going to be palatable to those not seeing or interested in the bigger picture and since at this juncture I was going to have to rely on/ask for "assistance" from more members of the leagues, this was even more likely to be a high hurdle, and, make no mistakes, the FFLA has become a definite obstacle to progress at this point.  I know that some of you may not agree with that on face value, but I am talking in the bigger picture and the undermining influence the FFLA seems to bear.  I mean if the realization of the greater vision just required you guys, the commissioners and webmasters of the respective leagues, we might not be where we are.  But, it takes "more," more than evidently even some of you are willing to sacrifice.  I mean how quickly did this all deteriorate.  Talk about gettin' weak at the knees fast, brother!  Whew!  As my dad used to say, with friends like you...  It just puts everything in more perspective for me.

Anyway, now is when I really needed (to lean on) you guys in the grand scope of this project.  It ain't gonna' happen.  I thought the FFLA would/could bring to the table some magnitude and substance, especially in the early going (in exchange for exposure/a stage, individualized assistance and attention...  enjoyin' Hostica, Jeff?, the opportunity to be a part of something BIG and potentially revenue-generating, and the chance to come together and share ideas with other like-minded fantasy footballers in a substantive way).  Instead, though, I get... well, what I knew I would likely get all along... a bunch of "territory marking".  So, I guess I am getting what I asked for.

Bottom line, I ain't carryin' this thing on my back anymore.  I'll be damned if a bunch of dudes who do this to me now are going to hang on and benefit, potentially big-time, from where this is headed!  So, where does that leave us?  As far as I am concerned, I can wash my hands of this.  Returns are diminishing with every day that passes.  We'll have an in-between period here where I just won't go irrationally knockin' shit down, but in the least that PHAT SBFFL link ain't stayin' on "the Gridiron" index page very long, and unfortunately neither will/can the rest.

If the FFLA here is to dissolve, but you still want your board here, I will leave it.  BUT, just hosting any league's board is not what I intended, moreover, it will defeat my purpose as it would be a source of dudes who were possibly dragged over and signing up without really "signing on".  Getting into the business of just hosting league boards in general is not a direction I will go in.

Where does that leave us?  Why don't you tell me?  To what degree are you on board here?  Jeff's degree or less!  If so, move on!  If not, tell me, but know that I am NOT twisting your arm!  If you are not man enough to do what it takes to help me, I would rather have you depart now on a good note rather than later possibly on a bad one.

Oh, and by the way, Jeff, thanks for doing this this week.  If you guys could just not think about yourselves for just a second,... whatever!  I'll be thinkin' 'bout ya' during my 4-hour exam on Thursday!  Just don't let me see you go gippin' shit from my site!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Jun 2nd, 2003, 1:42pm »

Okay, guys, the pithy post mentioned in my e-mail is now one above.  This post is just to announce that, if you didn't notice, I have already gone about taking the links to the FFLA leagues, at least those that have boards here, off "the Gridiron" index page.  I will leave it like that until we come to some sort of resolution.  For those of you left standing with me , if anyone, I will put the links back.  The rest of the boards, I will delete.  I will, however, leave ALL the logos and links up at the GBRFL and CBFL sites for the time being, but that ain't gonna' last too long, resolution or not, maybe 2 or so weeks.  Now make sure to read the post above.  That's the key one!  Thank you!
« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2003, 1:52pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Cirrinone

Email

« Reply #21 on: Jun 2nd, 2003, 2:50pm »

Well Steve, I'd just like to say I'm in forever you want to take my league, the FFFL, and furthermore, the FFLA and "the Gridiron". I will continue to post here and enjoy this great environment you provide us with, and HOPEFULLY, continue my league as a part of the FFLA. So, with the others or not, count me in...

Thanks.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Jun 2nd, 2003, 3:06pm »

Jon (and Morris behind the scenes), THANK YOU for the supportive words and understanding!

I know I can be "difficult" sometimes.  I just want things to really mean something, and I am probably fighting, as I have been told by all too many, a VERY uphill battle in this on-line environment.  But, I am going to keep hacking away at it because "I believe."

Anyway, I gotta' get the fuck off the computer here today, at least for a bit, and get my life back.  I just wanted to make sure you were all aware of the productive thing that came out of all this.  You can find that on the following thread on which I make RATHER clear what I am looking for in guys here on "the Gridiron" and what I don't want:

http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=58;a ction=display;num=1054503783.

Man, can you imagine the (lengthy) kind of philosophical texts I am going to be writing someday?  YYYYYOUCH!
PA Outlaws

Email

« Reply #23 on: Jun 2nd, 2003, 7:02pm »

Give it a rest! Is this a fucking cult or a fantasy football board. Listen to some of you, I worship you, I need a few good men to follow, I will do anything you ask, please enlighten and guide me o' great one! What the fuck. It is fantasy football! The key word being fantasy!I am sick and tired of hearing where this place is going! I have not said anything in weeks. I did not want to get into a shouting contest. I never asked to be part of this "huge thing." You asked us. If I would have known you would try to be Hitler and control everything and everyone, I would have never put my league in this position. I look like the asshole here. I convinced my league how great it is. I convinced them to be a part of it. Then you try to tell people what they can and ca't say. It is a fucking fantasy football message board. We are a grassroots league that is no different than any others. You act like you did so much for us! What did you do? Yes, you gave me great tips and advice for my site. I am, and will always be, appreciative of that! We don't want or need to be famous. I thought you had a cool idea and it sounded great to be a part of it! When you act like god and berate anyone who feels differently than you, than you have a problem! You act like a three year old who throws a tantrum when he doesn't get his way! Everything is fine and dandy, until Steg disagrees with you! God forbid some people have original thoughts! We have always given you credit and do appreciate all the hard work you put into it. But when my league mates aren't welcome, than it is my job to find a new message board, which I did. Did it have to do just with the message board, NO! But our league and the people in it were not just here for the message board. We were involved. We posted, and provided insight. We just didn't know that we could only post insight that was approved of. I mean look how off the handle you went for a LEbron James thread. My god. Was it that big of a deal. If that is the worst thing that ever happens here, consider yourself lucky! Did you think our league would fold if we weren't part of the Gridiron! Come on! If you even read my first post there, it said this doesn't even compare to the Gridiron, and I can't hold a candle to Steg! Did you read that? How fucking needy are you? I have third graders in my classroom who are less needy and in demand of attention than you! You did this with the DBFFL. I looked back on the emails you sent and now see the picture clearly. You stuck your nose in there and tried to force your shit on them! You can;t do that to any kind of person with their own mind and backbone! I never asked for a damn thing. I helped where I thought I could. I even volunteered to help out on some things (logo, i.e.) Whether you like to admit it or not, this place is turning into the Gridiron. You can blame us, but it really is people like you. The problem with FFtoday was when you posted something that someone didn't agree with or like then you got blasted. Sound fucking familiar! Look back over all of the threads. Find one where any SBFFL member blasted anyone. We made two mistakes and you would of thought we spread the fucking smallpox virus! What is going to happen when you disagree with the next person who posts something! Berate them like a little kid. Just because it is your site, and your work, and your thoughts doesn't give you the right to treat people like shit. You keep saying how much you did for us. YOu got our logo on a few really good sites. Big fucking deal. We didn't want any money or anything, we wanted to find a place where we could talk some football. I hope you reach your dream for this here. I know what it is BTW! Then watch when people want a part of it, for the money or the fame or whatever. You'll wish you had a few good old grassroots leagues who are in it for the hobby! You can make us out to be the bad guys, but we aren't. Look what caused all this fellas, a post saying someone liked KFFL because he thought the other sites where different FF sites. Holy shit! He should be arrested for that! I think you need to spend more time off of the computer. You need to stop acting like GOD! You ain't him brother. You read every fucking post on every fucking thread. I think you probably read everyone's private messages too. It's too bad. We loved it here. You had a great group of guys who would have helped you get where you wanted to go. We asked for not a god damn thing in return. I leave with no regrets knowing our only mistake was that we spoke our minds. People can try to make you feel better, but posting that someone likes KFFL, or that someone wanted to talk about Lebron James is not cocky or boisterous. If you think that is check the definition. We provided the insightfulness. We only got defensive when we were attacked! Remember, YOU started all of this as you did with the DBFFL. I checked the emails. They were happy and you started to stick your nose in there and they got defensive too. See a pattern my friend. So stop putting the blame on us. I do thank you for posting our logo and spreading the word on us. But if this was what the FFLA was going to become I am glad we are out! I again thank you for your expertise and insight on web design. I learned a lot from you. I hope you reach your goal for this site. Best of luck to all.......

Peace!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #24 on: Jun 2nd, 2003, 7:23pm »

Facts completely out of whack!  I disagree with you absolutely and categorically because you are and they are almost all wrong!  But, thanks for all you did for me... whatever that might have been or that hasn't been voided by all this!  "I read it four times in a week, and I wasn't moved!"  That's a quote from yaw boy Mike who is to credit with the "boisterous, reckless, etc., etc." line that I quoted.

Gotta' watch out for two-faced back-stabbers on the net.  Told it many times!  That's "one thing" I can never be accused of.  NO ONE wears his heart more on his sleeve than me!
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.