In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 4:32am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron OFFICIAL TRADE Thread - 2007 Season

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Outside the Lines
   Forum Archives
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   OFFICIAL TRADE Thread - 2007 Season
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: OFFICIAL TRADE Thread - 2007 Season  (Read 5235 times)
PrimeTime
Fantasy Field General
Fmr. CBFLer
Champ - '06
# 169

How 'bout them Cowboys!!!

View Profile

OFFICIAL TRADE Thread - 2007 Season
« on: Jul 15th, 2007, 8:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The first trade of the 2007 season has been completed.

The Fighting Chiapets get:

QB: Donovan McNabb
RB: LaDanian Tomlinson
WR: Randy Moss
The Fat Chick Thrillers 2007 #8 and #9 draft picks

The Fat Chick Thrillers get:

QB: Drew Brees, Matt Schaub
RB: Cedric Bension, Maurice Jones-Drew
WR: Anquan Boldin
Both The Fighting Chiapets 2007 #1 picks (#7 overall, by way of The Norsemen) and #10 overall  

(modified to correct spelling)

« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2007, 8:38pm by PrimeTime » Logged
Chumpzilla
Red Zone Master
# 203

"I Love The Gridiron"

View Profile

Re: OFFICIAL TRADE Thread - 2007 Season
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15th, 2007, 8:26pm »

Agreed.  
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 15th, 2007, 10:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Alexander, Johnson, and now Tomlinson???   This is gonna be another no contest year I guess.    Gotta be some kind of cruel joke!! I guess Jackson and Gore are next!!
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2007, 10:57pm by MordecaiCourage » Logged
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 15th, 2007, 11:39pm »

I just threw up.

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
Tony_O

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 16th, 2007, 1:21am »

He has made trades like this every year!
PrimeTime
Fantasy Field General
Fmr. CBFLer
Champ - '06
# 169

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jul 16th, 2007, 7:34am »

2008 is up for grabs  
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 16th, 2007, 7:50am »

I must concur with MC, BW and TO...

I'm somewhere between... and AND and AND and

In terms of flags, I'm somewhere between... and

PrimeTime
Fantasy Field General
Fmr. CBFLer
Champ - '06
# 169

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jul 16th, 2007, 4:34pm »

on Jul 15th, 2007, 11:39pm, BarnabyWilde wrote:
I just threw up.

I think Ray got fair value.  Don't you!
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 16th, 2007, 4:43pm »

on Jul 15th, 2007, 10:56pm, MordecaiCourage wrote:
Alexander, Johnson, and now Tomlinson???   This is gonna be another no contest year I guess.    Gotta be some kind of cruel joke!! I guess Jackson and Gore are next!!

Well.....he isn't getting Gore....  

Thanks to Philly for pointing me to the draft order.  I'll fish around the GBRFL2 forum for more.  (Sorry I didn't have a chance to do that by now.  Work stuff.)

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
Tony_O

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jul 17th, 2007, 4:23pm »

A better question to ask might be..... what are we going to do when this league isn't fun anymore because of the results of years of deals like that?
steelkings

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jul 17th, 2007, 4:50pm »

The Chiapets (Ray) Put himself in a position to make deals like this. If you look at it, The QB's are  close to a wash. It may even lean a little in favor of FCT. The draft picks obviously lean in favor of FCT. The Chia's get Tomlinson while the FCT"s get depth. This trade isnt as far apart as it first appears. Look at it this way. After this trade Ray isnt nearly as deep as he was . Westbrook is hurt more than he plays. McNabb is usually hurt by week 5.  But if one of the other big 3 gets hurt then this isnt a good trade for Ray at all!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Jul 17th, 2007, 5:11pm »

on Jul 17th, 2007, 4:50pm, steelkings wrote:
The Chiapets (Ray) Put himself in a position to make deals like this. If you look at it, The QB's are  close to a wash. It may even lean a little in favor of FCT. The draft picks obviously lean in favor of FCT. The Chia's get Tomlinson while the FCT"s get depth. This trade isnt as far apart as it first appears. Look at it this way. After this trade Ray isnt nearly as deep as he was . Westbrook is hurt more than he plays. McNabb is usually hurt by week 5.  But if one of the other big 3 gets hurt then this isnt a good trade for Ray at all!

AWESOME analysis!!! That's what I'm talkin' about!!!

In fact, my "pukey" feeling came from 1) not having the stomach for a deal of such magnitude and the initial shock of it and 2) thinking that Gene actually worked Ray (as intimated throughout sk's post). Ultimately, though, the deal is far from preposterous.
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #12 on: Jul 17th, 2007, 5:11pm »

True SK! This IS a fair trade, no doubt about it. The thing that likely makes everyone ill is the stable he's got at RB! We all know that is where most fantasy leagues are won...my bet is that if he falters a bit in any other area (though I doubt it) look for either Alexander or Johnson to get him 2 of what he needs to right his ship!! That's the nature of the beast...he's got all the cards currently.
PrimeTime
Fantasy Field General
Fmr. CBFLer
Champ - '06
# 169

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Jul 17th, 2007, 5:19pm »

Great analysis steelkings!

Here is my perspective.

Believe it or not, this trade actually improves my team.  Prior to the trade I only had two starting QBs and I was counting on Ahman Green and Lamont Jordon as my RB2 and RB3.  Now I have three starting QBs, depth at running back and three 1st round draft picks.  

I view Moss for Bolden as a fair swap. Bolden is younger and I have seen him consistently ranked higher than Moss in many places on the internet and in print.

Brees versus McNabb will be a wash, plus I get Schaub (not a stud but he is a starter)  

I am hoping that Benson grabs the bull by the horns and lives up to his 1st round draft status.  If he does and gets 300 carries he should be at 1,200+ yards this year.  Jones-Drew should produce about at the same level as last year.  If you look at the analysis below you will see that my projected yards rushing before and after the trade is even.  Granted I will probably lose out on rushing TDs.

QBs befor the trade: McNabb, Losman,  
QBs after the trade: Brees, Losman, Schaub  

RBs before the trade: LT, Jordon, Green, Droughns
RBs after the trade: Benson, Jones-Drew, Jordon, Green

Projected Rushing Yards:

Before:
LT = 1,600
Jordon= 900
Green = 900
Droughns = 600
Total = 4,000

After:
Benson = 1,200
Jones-Drew = 1,000
Jordon = 900
Green = 900
Total =4,000

I am always willing to gamble in Fantasy Football.  Nothing ventured nothing gained.  Last year I traded my 1st round pick (pick number 3 I beileve) for LaMont Jordon.  Turns out that was a bad move.  Time will tell if this works out for me or not.
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2007, 5:20pm by PrimeTime » Logged
Tony_O

Email

« Reply #14 on: Jul 17th, 2007, 6:16pm »

I think the trade itself is totally fair! I just think that as an owner you also have to consider the team you are creating in the deal or competing against vs. the value of making your team better. I think that this mistake has happened more than once in deals involving Ray's Team. I'm not hating! Great Job Ray! The ONLY way Ray loses is IF he has an injury, probably would need two key players to go down! He will still get some depth in the draft.
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Jul 17th, 2007, 11:08pm »

Westbrook is hurt more than he plays.

Did I miss something here?  
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Jul 17th, 2007, 11:11pm »

I agree with Tony on this one... the trade was completely fair. I don't know anyone who is questioning that part of it. The issue is that people (including me) keep sending Ray the FF studs. Barring injuries, Ray likely has another championship locked up (at least that's what the oddsmakers in Vegas believe). However, it will eventually bite him in the butt as he will see those studs age and won't have the young depth to fill in behind him.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Jul 17th, 2007, 11:16pm »

on Jul 17th, 2007, 11:11pm, Philly wrote:
I agree with Tony on this one... the trade was completely fair. I don't know anyone who is questioning that part of it.

Cyber communication...
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 11:20am »

on Jul 17th, 2007, 11:16pm, StegRock wrote:

Cyber communication...

Hmm... I look at the smiley for the message and it's (lips are sealed), yet that's quite misleading because clearly your lips aren't sealed. (Ludwig Wittgenstein would have fun with this one.)

Anyway, I have no idea what your issue is with this message... If you're telling me that my message is "cyber communication" then that is beyond obvious given the medium. Yet your smiley is shaking its head in a negative motion, so maybe you're indicating that it isn't cyber communication that I'm participating in. Or, perhaps, you want to discourage me from partaking in cyber communication. That, however, makes no sense given the medium with which we are presented. If you were really against cyber communication, then it would seem pointless for you to put so much time and effort and money into an Internet-based venture.

Or, perhaps you just think I'm missing the point of the discussions. I merely said that I shared Tony's viewpoint regarding the trade: that the trade, looked at in a micro view, was fair. Yet when looked at in a more macro view (that analyzed Ray's new roster and considered his recent domination of this league), it might not have been a wise trade based on the trade partner.

So, please, I implore you, unseal your lips and let me know what I did to prompt so clear and pithy a response from you.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 3:06pm »

Dude, you're missing the (beautiful)... irony here.  Your response was the ultimate culmination of the potential irony of the whole conversation.  In fact, you became the irony.  It's like you (unwittingly) took the bait. You say, "I agree with Tony on this one... the trade was completely fair. I don't know anyone who is questioning that part of it."  HOW DROLL (and fortuitous for Tony)... when, if you look back through the posts, it is Tony's, at least, apparently skeptical, initial post WE are all reacting to.  Only after a BUNCH of us chimed in about the fairness of the trade did Tony respond in kind, and THAT's the post you responded to.  I.e., again, you wrote, "I don't know anyone who is questioning that part of it."  That would, none other than, TONY,... at least, that's what we all thought.  BUT, prior to saying that you said that you agree with TONY.  It's hysterical... It's like a great politician move.  Politician implies A.  Everybody hounds the politician for implying A and proves B.  Politician backs off A and declares B.  You then walk in and praise said politician for declaring B, and ask, "How did all this questioning even begin." You follow, bro...  So, my lips were sealed because I was, as per the smiley's official name on "the Gridiron", "speechless" a) because of the irony that you walked into and that manifested through you and b) because I knew, as this post is knotty, explaining this intricateness of the situation here would be rough.  I, then, basically speechless, typed TWO WORDS followed by a smiley to indicate an "oh, no" feeling as in "Oh, no...  Miscommunication or, at least, muddled communication strikes the cyber message-board yet again" (because I'm thinking you must not have paid close enough attention to the conversation you were entering/read back far enough through the posts, which is precisely the problem on these boards, though, honestly, not usually for you).  Yours is the kind of post that give people that [oh, man (how did that guy, in this case Tony, come out the guy smelling like roses and the rest of us goats)] feeling.  Again, you following...???  In a way, you became the victim of irony here, the kind of irony you really only see in this relatively new-fangled cyber world we live in!
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2007, 3:40pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 4:32pm »

on Jul 18th, 2007, 3:06pm, StegRock wrote:
Dude, you're missing the (beautiful)... irony here.

May I propose that, perhaps, you are misreading Tony's original post? He said, merely, that:

on Jul 16th, 2007, 1:21am, Tony_O wrote:
He [Ray] has made trades like this every year!

There's not much to infer in that statement. It's all quite explicit. A quick perusal of the trade history of this league will show that Ray has made a number of trades where he was able to leverage depth and future considerations into fantasy studs for his team. I did not take that statement as questioning the fairness of the trade. I don't know that anyone else did either. I think, however, that the initial reaction to any fantasy owner when a player like LaDainian Tomlinson changes hands, that someone must've gotten screwed or there is collusion involved (the latter reaction is not one I want attributed to this league or this transaction, but I hear about it or witness it in many other leagues).

I think Tony most clearly captured the idea that it's not the (micro) trade itself that is the problem, it's the (macro) idea of trading the best FF player in the league (at least in 2006, and projected for 2007) to the team that already has a couple stud RBs and has collected two consecutive league titles. This (my) interpretation of Tony's intention would be further supported by his second comment in the thread:

on Jul 17th, 2007, 4:23pm, Tony_O wrote:
A better question to ask might be..... what are we going to do when this league isn't fun anymore because of the results of years of deals like that?

So you were assuming that your interpretation of Tony's initial comment was shared by everyone else, including me. I'm interpreting his initial comment quite differently (and perhaps incorrectly--only Tony truly knows what he was thinking when he posted). You brought your own bias to his comment and went from there, as did I.

Regarding my previous post to you, I really did not know what it was that you were implying with your succinct comment to me, although I'll admit that I was having a little fun with you (and you didn't even take the Wittgenstein bait I proffered) with some of my commentary.

On another note...

on Jul 18th, 2007, 3:06pm, StegRock wrote:
So, my lips were sealed because I was, as per the smiley's official name on "the Gridiron", "speechless"

Where is that "official" name? I only see it called "Lips are sealed" in the list (Add Smileys: ) and also in the filename itself (lipsrsealed.gif). I don't see it in the dropdown menu of smileys.
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2007, 4:34pm by Philly » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 5:22pm »

on Jul 18th, 2007, 4:32pm, Philly wrote:
There's not much to infer in that statement. It's all quite explicit. A quick perusal of the trade history of this league will show that Ray has made a number of trades where he was able to leverage depth and future considerations into fantasy studs for his team. I did not take that statement as questioning the fairness of the trade. I don't know that anyone else did either.

So you were assuming that your interpretation of Tony's initial comment was shared by everyone else, including me. I'm interpreting his initial comment quite differently (and perhaps incorrectly--only Tony truly knows what he was thinking when he posted). You brought your own bias to his comment and went from there, as did I.

Dude,... if what you say is the case, then the cyber world is more disassociative than I even imagined.  Regardless of what Tony exactly meant, I think the flow of the conversation from the point of Tony's post that is in question here takes on an obvious character.  In the least, the modus operandi of MC's and my posts are fairly clear with, granted, a little reading between the lines (which one must do in life).  The person, at least, perceived to be "questioning that part of it" was, right or wrong, Tony.  Either that is the case or your statement that "I don't know anyone who is questioning that part of it," is... out-of-place,... awkward,... illogical,... tendentious,... because, immanentally speaking (speaking in terms of "it is what it is"), why in God's good name, would the conversation have gone in the direction it did.  Mind you, I don't think it's, at least intentionally, any of them, Jeff.  I just think it's not quite thought all the way through.

Ultimately, my point is to point out the intricacies of cyber communication and to show how miscommunication can happen VERY easily if things aren't hashed out, like (they are more likely to be) in "real" conversation, with specificity and depth.

Quote:
Regarding my previous post to you, I really did not know what it was that you were implying with your succinct comment to me, although I'll admit that I was having a little fun with you (and you didn't even take the Wittgenstein bait I proffered) with some of my commentary.

So, is philosophy okay now?

Quote:
Where is that "official" name? I only see it called "Lips are sealed" in the list (Add Smileys: ) and also in the filename itself (lipsrsealed.gif). I don't see it in the dropdown menu of smileys.

That's his name qua "message icon".  Check out the pull-down menu.
Tony_O

Email

« Reply #22 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 6:07pm »

on Jul 18th, 2007, 4:32pm, Philly wrote:

May I propose that, perhaps, you are misreading Tony's original post? He said, merely, that:

There's not much to infer in that statement. It's all quite explicit. A quick perusal of the trade history of this league will show that Ray has made a number of trades where he was able to leverage depth and future considerations into fantasy studs for his team. I did not take that statement as questioning the fairness of the trade. I don't know that anyone else did either. I think, however, that the initial reaction to any fantasy owner when a player like LaDainian Tomlinson changes hands, that someone must've gotten screwed or there is collusion involved (the latter reaction is not one I want attributed to this league or this transaction, but I hear about it or witness it in many other leagues).

I think Tony most clearly captured the idea that it's not the (micro) trade itself that is the problem, it's the (macro) idea of trading the best FF player in the league (at least in 2006, and projected for 2007) to the team that already has a couple stud RBs and has collected two consecutive league titles. This (my) interpretation of Tony's intention would be further supported by his second comment in the thread:

On another note...

Jeff, as far as your interpretation of my comments..... bulls eye  

That was exactly my point. I saw that some might have been thinking that I believed that the trade wasn't fair, so I posted the second comment!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 6:10pm »

on Jul 18th, 2007, 6:07pm, Tony_O wrote:
I saw that some might have been thinking that I believed that the trade wasn't fair...

Exactly!!!

If you think about it, what a wonderful lesson (in cyber communication and interaction), no???
Tony_O

Email

« Reply #24 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 6:30pm »

But at the same time Jeff's research, examination, and contimplation of my coments before speaking, is also a  great example!
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.