In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 24th, 2017, 8:10am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron GBRFL2 Web Site & General Announcements...

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Outside the Lines
   Forum Archives
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   GBRFL2 Web Site & General Announcements...
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  ...  13 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: GBRFL2 Web Site & General Announcements...  (Read 16126 times)
Tony_O

Email

Re: GBRFL2 Web Site...
« Reply #100 on: Sep 6th, 2005, 4:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Here's an idea.....how about skip the practice and just put in your line-ups! Two days left and not much has changed!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #101 on: Sep 7th, 2005, 1:02am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Sep 6th, 2005, 2:52pm, StegRock wrote:
Fellas, just a heads up...  Know that a great way to practice with the "lineup submission form" unofficially is by way of the "Guest" lineup submission form.  To do so, just click where it says "Guests Click Here" on the left-hand side on the "Lineups" frames-page:

http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/line-upssubmissionform.htm.

on Sep 6th, 2005, 4:30pm, Tony_O wrote:
Here's an idea.....how about skip the practice and just put in your line-ups! Two days left and not much has changed!

I realize that your point is to trash-talk your compadres here, Tony.  The point of my post was to be helpful.  Unfortunately, our two agendas here didn't mesh.  I just didn't like the feeling I got from your message.  Though I know it was not intended for me, it was in specific response to my post and on this administration-type thread, so I kind of got ground up in your gears there.  ...  Anyway,... in Tony's spirit, please don't leave the submission of your lineup to too late.  The form is basically the same, but it is different enough to throw you off if you were in an extreme hurry Thursday evening.
Tony_O

Email

« Reply #102 on: Sep 7th, 2005, 1:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Yeah....I wasn't trying to step on your toes boss.....just trying to light a fire under these guys.
Walker Boh
Fantasy Field General
# 34

It's ELWAY or the highway.

walkerboh74   joskojw
View Profile

« Reply #103 on: Sep 7th, 2005, 7:37am »

Steg, Great job on the GBRFL2 site. It loads much faster and looks great... nice, clean, lean and mean! Yeah baby! Also, the "View my Current Roster" link on the Submission Form was a nice upgrade. The fact that it pops up in a little box is perfect for its application. You da man!  

captainpurple
Red Zone Master
# 179

oh Lord, deliver us from the fury of the Norsemen!

folske   casahojo
View Profile

« Reply #104 on: Sep 7th, 2005, 11:48am »

How do you look at another teams lineup?   I'd like to check the lineups of the guys I'm playing this week.

3 straight underperforming seasons, one nitwit head coach, 2 problem child WRs, 1 collosal trade bungle....but a wild boat party with booze and hookers!!!????? Priceless.
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #105 on: Sep 7th, 2005, 11:58am »

on Sep 7th, 2005, 11:48am, captainpurple wrote:
How do you look at another teams lineup? I'd like to check the lineups of the guys I'm playing this week.

Of course you would, wouldn't you?  But that feature is not available until after the passing of the lineup submission deadline - when no one can change their lineups.
captainpurple
Red Zone Master
# 179

folske   casahojo
View Profile

« Reply #106 on: Sep 7th, 2005, 1:19pm »

hmmmm, interesting.    

being the new guy, i'll withhold judgment on that limitation for a while  

3 straight underperforming seasons, one nitwit head coach, 2 problem child WRs, 1 collosal trade bungle....but a wild boat party with booze and hookers!!!????? Priceless.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #107 on: Sep 7th, 2005, 2:46pm »

on Sep 7th, 2005, 1:19pm, captainpurple wrote:
hmmmm, interesting.

being the new guy, i'll withhold judgment on that limitation for a while

... Am I missing the sarcasm here?
captainpurple
Red Zone Master
# 179

folske   casahojo
View Profile

« Reply #108 on: Sep 7th, 2005, 3:05pm »

on Sep 7th, 2005, 2:46pm, StegRock wrote:

... Am I missing the sarcasm here?

you must be.   i was trying to indicate I'm fine with it, as long as it doesn't cost me a game  

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #109 on: Sep 7th, 2005, 3:19pm »

on Sep 7th, 2005, 3:05pm, captainpurple wrote:

you must be. i was trying to indicate I'm fine with it, as long as it doesn't cost me a game

Ahhhh... Gotchya... That's what I thought... Have an ice cream on me (...), bro!

By the way, though, as these guys can attest... This is not (run with the funding of) CBS Sportsline, ESPN or Yahoo!. This is a homespun league and homemade web site, which, of course, has its advantages, namely uniqueness and it's FREE (I do appreciate occasional DONATIONS, however, that substantively show appreciation). But, it also has its disadvantages. Lineups may or may not be exposed (......) week in and week out on time. There are times when they may not be accessible until Monday, so I suggest that you guys, after kickoff, if this is the case, take the initiative and share your lineups by way of a thread here on you all's board. Also, results probably won't see the light of day this year until Wednesday afternoon/evening (given my heavily front-loaded class schedule on Monday and Tuesday and the fact that I live in Hawaii 3 to 6 hours behind you guys). The improved spreadsheet will make things much quicker for me (and Jamie ) this year, but on Sunday night, Monday and Tuesday, I don't have time to sniff my ass, no less take a shower, no less deal with this.

WB, thanks for the kudos! None of it was a small job!
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2005, 3:24pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Walker Boh
Fantasy Field General
# 34

It's ELWAY or the highway.

walkerboh74   joskojw
View Profile

« Reply #110 on: Sep 7th, 2005, 7:10pm »

on Sep 7th, 2005, 3:19pm, StegRock wrote:
The improved spreadsheet will make things much quicker for me (and Jamie ) this year, but on Sunday night, Monday and Tuesday, I don't have time to sniff my ass, no less take a shower, no less deal with this.

I've got the scoring covered... new and improved, can't wait to see it! Send me what I need and/or give me a call.  
jimmyc
Assistant Coach
# 205

worst to first!!!

View Profile

« Reply #111 on: Sep 8th, 2005, 2:18pm »

guys i emailed Steg for my password earlier in the week and still havent received one. unfortunatley it was on my old computer. i know lineups are due by 6pm pacific time. any ideas on what i could do i dont want to miss out on week one!..thanks for your input!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #112 on: Sep 8th, 2005, 2:45pm »

on Sep 8th, 2005, 2:18pm, jimmyc wrote:
guys i emailed Steg for my password earlier in the week and still havent received one. unfortunatley it was on my old computer. i know lineups are due by 6pm pacific time. any ideas on what i could do i dont want to miss out on week one!..thanks for your input!!

I will give you your username and password right here right now by private message.  I did say in that message that e-mail is NOT the way to go to contact me.  I have looked at my e-mail once since sending that e-mail to you guys and that was fairly shortly thereafter.  If you need to get through to me quickly, do NOT use e-mail!  Also, you could always just "private message" me your lineup here in a pinch.
jimmyc
Assistant Coach
# 205

worst to first!!!

View Profile

« Reply #113 on: Sep 8th, 2005, 5:00pm »

thanks steg!!.....your message is noted!!..thanks for getting back to me!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #114 on: Sep 8th, 2005, 10:56pm »

You're welcome, jc!

"Rosters" and "Transactions" pages on the league site have been updated!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #115 on: Sep 15th, 2005, 5:32pm »

Week 1's results are finally up over at the league site. Both the "Results" and "Standings" pages have been updated. Sorry for the delay! Week 1 tends to be the craziest! But, with the NEW, UPGRADED sheet that my lovely wife Gino is primarily responsible for putting together and Jamo givin' me a hand starting next week (until then all yous can just give ME and Gino a hand (no, not give yourselves a "hand", you perverts , I mean... ) ... ), it will probably be smooth sailing from here on out. I will leave the "Lineups" section alone until tonight (my time) so yous can double-check your opponents' lineups.
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2005, 5:35pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #116 on: Sep 21st, 2005, 9:14pm »

Guys, Week 2's results are up... I'll turn over the lineup submission system on the morrow...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #117 on: Sep 29th, 2005, 12:15am »

Week 3's results are up!!! Lineups will be able to be submitted sometime on the morrow.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #118 on: Oct 1st, 2005, 12:16am »

Fellas, a small, but quite consequential error in Week 3's results was found this evening (while I was on the phone with Jamo giving him the in-service on how to go about working with the new and improved GBRFL Excel Worksheet).  It caused the reversal of one game.  The "Results" and "Standings" pages have been (re-)updated accordingly.  Sorry for the biff, guys.
Chumpzilla
Red Zone Master
# 203

"I Love The Gridiron"

View Profile

« Reply #119 on: Oct 1st, 2005, 10:07am »

Ok guys.  Thanks for the note.  Can someone please explain to me why the NFL has credited T.J. Houshmandzadeh with a fumble lost in the Week #3 game but we are not considering that in our scoring?  

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #120 on: Oct 1st, 2005, 1:29pm »

Ray, that is because the (raw) stats service I use TQStats doesn't have him credited with one and that fact is corroborated by both ESPN.com and CNNSI.com.  Actually, NFL.com, which is where I am guessing you got your info from as they do have him credited with a lost fumble, is, ironically, a VERY unreliable source for final, week-end, official stats.  From what I can tell, they tend to leave up the immediate-end-of-game, UNofficial stats.  They never change them to the final, official line.  Sorry for breaking the bad news to ya, bro...  But, just remember to NEVER go by NFL.com's box scores when calculating your games on your own.
Chumpzilla
Red Zone Master
# 203

"I Love The Gridiron"

View Profile

« Reply #121 on: Oct 1st, 2005, 2:00pm »

Can you please tell me what the scoring error was?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #122 on: Oct 1st, 2005, 2:04pm »

I had the wrong defense (and coach) (a defense and coach, which, mind you, he doesn't even have) in for Mile High Madness's second game of the week (the one against you).  Just give a look at the spreadsheet, bro.
Chumpzilla
Red Zone Master
# 203

"I Love The Gridiron"

View Profile

« Reply #123 on: Oct 1st, 2005, 8:54pm »

I would have compared spreadsheets but I didn't save the original one with the errors.  Thanks for the info.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #124 on: Oct 1st, 2005, 9:03pm »

Ray, if you put "Phi" (for the Philadelphia Eagles), which is what I had in for him, in for his defense, you get the original incorrect final score.  Over and out...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  ...  13 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.