In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 20th, 2017, 2:33am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron R.I.P. to the old "Trash Talkin'" page...

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Featured Leagues
   GBRFL
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   R.I.P. to the old "Trash Talkin'" page...
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: R.I.P. to the old "Trash Talkin'" page...  (Read 953 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

R.I.P. to the old "Trash Talkin'" page...
« on: Aug 29th, 2002, 1:33am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just in case you did not read it, the following is a relevant, substantive excerpt from the last post I made at the old "Trash Talkin'" page...

...As per the "user agreement" of the Gridiron, feel free to continue to be free with your use of (foul, obscene and profane) language, even though it seems like our trash talkin' has regretfully gotten kind of mild as of late. Also, you will be able to use the GBRFL board over at the Gridiron for many other things besides trash talkin', like announcing players you have on the trading block and getting to know your fellow league members better. Though this little board has served us well/its purpose, our board over at the Gridiron will serve as a free and much more convenient and effective source of bringing us together than this board did. It is also more convenient and centralizes us better than communicating by e-mail and less invasive than communicating by instant messanger. Our board at the Gridiron also provides a ton of neat features to use when making a message. JUST BEING ABLE TO PREVIEW A MESSAGE BEFORE POSTING IT SHOULD MAKE IT A TON EASIER ON ALL OF US WHEN IT COMES TO DANNY'S POSTS, we can only hope! At any rate, it will be a great upgrade for both our awesome web site, fantasyfootballer.com, and our great league, the GBRFL. I look forward to seeing all of you registered and posting over at the Gridiron as soon as possible. Besides the obvious purpose it serves for us, think of this transition and joining the Gridiron as doing a favor for me. This is basically my first "real" step toward seeing where this fantasy football thing can take me. I, who have been dedicated to this hobby since August of 1989, am somewhat sick and tired of seeing dudes, who have been playing for just a couple years, surpass me with their web sites and CASH IN just because they "had" more computer savvy than I "had." Well, that is not the case anymore. I'll tell you right now... WE, in this little tight-knit league of ours/this little corner of the FF world, have some of greatest minds in this game and some of the greatest passion for this hobby. It is now our turn, especially, if I may speak frankly, mine. R.I.P. "Trash Talkin'" page! Thanks for all the enjoyment you provided! See you guys over at the boards of "the Gridiron"!!!!!
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2005, 3:42pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: R.I.P. to the old "Trash Talkin'" page...
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29th, 2002, 1:41am »

Here is the link to access the old "Trash Talkin'" pages:  http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/trashtalkin.htm!
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 4th, 2002, 6:57pm »

There doesn't appear to be much going on here.
Where is all the smut?
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2002, 7:08pm by DOLFAN » Logged

GO TONY, GO TONY, GO TONY!
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '97, '00, '01, '11
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Sep 5th, 2002, 7:19am »

This is a joke!! I guess that i am the idiot that took so long to figure this new site out. I hope this is the right trash talking page for the GBRFL league. I mean, i dont want to look like the asshole to the other leagues or an embarresment to our league in the view of the other leagues eyes. This is especially that I am the leader of thiis league with 2 back to back championships. Let it be known now, I will win it for the third straight time. My team is much stronger and deeper then it has ever been. What is the biggest joke of this preseason is stegrock given advise to the other leagues and teams about football strategy. Haven't you learned by now? For a person with so much knowledge, you would think that you would be a little more competitive in your own league.  Even though you did do a great job with the new site, i am going to rip your fucking head off this year making it 9 in a row against you. Even better then that is I get to open my season against Joe P. This guy actually thinks he has a chance to win. The only person you are competing against is Doug for last place.  I will tell you what I will do Joe, I will trade you M. Faulk for Elvis,T. Gonzalez and next years third round pick. The shit that you think of is ridiculous. If i did not know any better i think you had Downs Syndrome or something.  Well guys, i am very excited for kickoff, i wish everyone good luck. I will see you at the top!! Owner-Back to Back Champions THE NATION OF DOMINATION!!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 9th, 2002, 10:35pm »

on Sep 5th, 2002, 7:19am, Bandit wrote:
I guess that i am the idiot that took so long to figure this new site out. I hope this is the right trash talking page for the GBRFL league. I mean, i dont want to look like the asshole to the other leagues or an embarresment to our league in the view of the other leagues eyes.

You said it!
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '97, '00, '01, '11
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Sep 9th, 2002, 11:39pm »

Maybe so, but for a guy that thinks he is Chris Mortenson you would think would be more competitive then he is.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 10th, 2002, 12:36am »

on Sep 9th, 2002, 11:39pm, Bandit wrote:
Maybe so, but for a guy that thinks he is Chris Mortenson you would think would be more competitive then he is.

???
Art Vandalay
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '96, '05
# 11

Bow to the master

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Sep 10th, 2002, 11:31am »

I don't know about Chris Mortenson, but I'm feeling pretty good. There is something about waking up on a crisp September morning to find that I have crushed, yes crushed , shut out, blanked, whatever you want to call it, our good pal Dave Trout's scary Flesheaters. Boy I was nervous about it right up until kickoff on Thursday.  
Doug, I don't need to say anything, do I pal? The good news for you is that you only lost by 9 more points that Trout. I guess that's a good thing, depending on how pitiful you are. Well that's it for now boys, thanks for taking the beating like good little boys. For the rest, good luck boys, here comes the Slick Weinkes.

Why don't you just tell me what you want to see.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 6th, 2005, 3:41pm »

on Sep 9th, 2002, 11:39pm, Bandit wrote:

I just referenced this thread up on the "Site Donors" thread on "the Sidelines"... and had to comment on this ...  TWO MORE RINGS LATER (and a 2nd-Place finish wedged in between)... ...

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.