In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 21st, 2017, 3:06am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron How 'bout that new DEFENSIVE scoring?

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Featured Leagues
   GBRFL
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   How 'bout that new DEFENSIVE scoring?
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How 'bout that new DEFENSIVE scoring?  (Read 390 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

How 'bout that new DEFENSIVE scoring?
« on: Sep 16th, 2002, 4:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Guys,

Try to be objective here...  Follow your games and tell me how the new defensive scoring "feels"/seems to you.  I think it is great and totally more consistent with what is really happening in our fantasy games, making the outcomes more true to the "feel" of the game.  For example, in one of my games this week I played Frank.  I really sweat this one out.  In the end, I felt that I "just a little bit more" than eeked out a victory.  Well, I couldn't help but do it quickly with pen and paper.  I came up with a (preliminary) final score of 22 - 9.  PERFECT!  That is just a little bit more than an "eeked out" win.  Under the old defensive scoring system, the score would have been 22 - 0, not a blow out, but a solid victory, which this was not.  Frank actually beat me on offense 31 - 24.  I can see defense, only "one" component of ten in our set-up remember, reversing the score of our game by 20 points, but not 29.  The new scoring system just seems to "feel" right, i.e. seems to be a more accurate representation of what the impact of the "position" of "defense/defensive special teams" really should be/is in our games.  What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2002, 1:35am by Stegfucius » Logged
Art Vandalay
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '96, '05
# 11

Bow to the master

View Profile

Re: How 'bout that new DEFENSIVE scoring?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16th, 2002, 11:27am »

I think you only "eeked" out a freaking victory because your lousy record allowed you to pick up the Chargers before I did. I will grudgingly accept this loss due to management tweeking the starting rotation and selecting the starters from amongst the many superstars on this team. Enjoy it now. It will NOT happen again.

Why don't you just tell me what you want to see.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 16th, 2002, 3:32pm »

Anyway, any thoughts on what I wrote above, guys?  This thread is not supposed to be about our game specifically, Francis!

Also, for those who read this earlier, please make note of the correction.  It was a 20-point turn-around that would have been a 29-point turn-around (not 16 and 25 like I had written).
DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '95, '98, '08, '09, '10, '13, '15
# 22

7X Ultimate Supreme Champion

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Sep 17th, 2002, 12:27pm »

There is no question that this way is better.  It is more balanced.  If anything, defensive scoring is still too high.  I only say this because defense is one unit, therefore, the drafting and "starting" of that unit is still the single most important decision in filling out a line-up.

On a sad note, I may have lost to both Trout and Joe this week in close matchups, the former by one fucking point.    Hopefully, my chicken stratchings are incorrect and I missed something.  If not, then the lesson to be learned is that God will punish you for watching football and using the internet on Yom Kipper.  
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '97, '00, '01, '11
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 17th, 2002, 11:12pm »

Losing to Joe is a punishment. But wait, I thought he has the best team in the league. How could you lose?? On that note, Steg, you better watch your ass. How about 7 in a row!!!
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 20th, 2002, 1:17am »

Steve, I feel that the scoring changes fro DEF/ST makes for a more balanced game. In yrs past you could "dominate" the other categories, but still lose 35+ pts from the other teams DEF. The new rules make it realistic in regards to the % breakdown of each category.

GO TONY, GO TONY, GO TONY!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.