In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 9:26am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Offseason Trades

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Featured Leagues
   GBRFL
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   Offseason Trades
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Offseason Trades  (Read 1968 times)
DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '95, '98, '08, '09, '10, '13, '15, '17, '19
# 22

9X Ultimate Supreme Champion

View Profile

Re: Offseason Trades
« Reply #25 on: Aug 4th, 2003, 5:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Charlie's back, baby.  

The Holmo's and I cut a deal on the way home yesterday.  Steve gets Duce Staley, Correll Buckhalter and Terry Glenn for Charlie Garner, Quincy Morgan and Jonathan Wells.  Steve is still in the process of updating the site.  
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
Champ - '16
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #26 on: Aug 5th, 2003, 11:55am »

hmmm, interesting. Only time will tell to see who got the better end of this deal. I thought that you were really high on Morgan this year Stegey. For some reason i guess you downgraded him. I too think that Buck will be the guy in PHI this year. Nice youth movement for ya Stegey.  
Looks like Bohrer's tream keeps getting better and better. I'm certain though that neither of you guys are done dealing yet. This deal helps both teams.  

GO TONY, GO TONY, GO TONY!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Aug 5th, 2003, 12:51pm »

on Aug 5th, 2003, 11:55am, DOLFAN wrote:
I thought that you were really high on Morgan this year Stegey. For some reason i guess you downgraded him.

It's not that I am "down" on Morgan at all; it's that I am "REALLY HIGH" on Buckhalter.  Case in point, I pretty much banked the house on him in the CBFL.  I was actually the first guy to acquire him back two years ago.  The point ultimately is "you gotta' give to get" (in the long-run at least), especially to have success in this league,... Joe (implication:  duping a guy into trading "something for nothing" is not what is going to put you over the top in this league, moreover, trying to do so and occasionally pulling a fast one is going to set a bad precedent with the "FF sophisticates" we have in the GBRFL).  In this trade, the guy Dave REALLY likes is Morgan (as do I).  With my (unexpectedly) getting Boerigter in the draft, a VERY PLEASANT SURPRISE as he is another guy I am REALLY HIGH on, I could spare a receiver, and to pull the deal, Quincy it had to be.  Also worthy of note, you know that I am, in the least, a Glenn apologist, i.e., he is another guy I have a soft spot for, so in getting him back I got another guy I kind of like.

As for "my youth movement" that you point out, well, I actually got slightly older.  With regards to age, the trade amounts to Dave's getting an old RB (who still has gas left in the tank, though) for a getting-old RB (who may never find a home again), a very young RC for a very young RB, and very young RB for a getting-old RC (both of whom may not even be in the league in two years, perhaps).

As for your assertion of our not being done dealing, well, who is?  This is a year-round keeper league.  There may be times when you do not need to trade.  I actually felt that I was in such a situation leaving the draft.  I was not in need of a trade, and if Dave and I did not spend roughly three and a half hours in the car together going to Philly and back, we probably would not have cut this deal.  We literally cut the deal right before he let me off at my house on Sunday.

Anyway, my only reason for breaking this out like this, Joe, is just because you present things in a way that appears insightful when in actuality your facts are not completely accurate, your presentation is laced with generalities, and your logic is kind of twisted, or at least inconsistent, as when you say, "Only time will tell... who got the better end..." and then, "Dave's team keeps getting better...".

Well, peace out, brother!
DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 22

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: Aug 5th, 2003, 12:53pm »

I knew you would like that deal, Joe P.  

Like everyone else, I just trying not to get demoted to the minors, I mean the GBRFL2.    Besides, Charlie Garner mentioned something about being Holmophobic.
DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 22

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: Aug 5th, 2003, 1:00pm »

Regarding Steve's post... yeah Joe, I don't get the youth movement comment either.  Q is a solid young receiver.  I guess you meant at RB?  I am never done trading.  Jonathan Wells is definately on the block.
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
Champ - '16
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #30 on: Aug 5th, 2003, 11:37pm »

Yes, i meant at RB Dave.  
Steve, i do know that you really like Buck and have a soft spot for Glenn.  
As far as being twisted?...only time will tell.  

GO TONY, GO TONY, GO TONY!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: Aug 6th, 2003, 12:34am »

on Aug 5th, 2003, 11:37pm, DOLFAN wrote:
Steve, i do know that you... have a soft spot for Glenn.

And, Terry's got a "sweet spot" for me!

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.