In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 1:06am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron GBRFL Web Site, League Fee & General Announcements

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Featured Leagues
   GBRFL
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   GBRFL Web Site, League Fee & General Announcements
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12  ...  23 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: GBRFL Web Site, League Fee & General Announcements  (Read 80935 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: GBRFL Web Site, League Fee & General Announcem
« Reply #225 on: Feb 7th, 2011, 12:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

That's a wrap, fellas!  Another year down!  League site's all updated!  Congrats to all our award winners this year...

Pak - DB - Steg

2nd - Champ - 3rd
DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '95, '98, '08, '09, '10, '13, '15, '17, '19
# 22

9X Ultimate Supreme Champion

View Profile

« Reply #226 on: May 7th, 2011, 1:27pm »

Hey guys,  

Did we pick a date for this year's draft last year?  If so, let me know ASAP.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #227 on: Aug 21st, 2011, 2:39am »

Okay, slowly but surely I am finally wearing my GBRFL hardhat again...  The "Rosters" section at the league web site (http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/gbrfl) has been updated just in time for viewing before cuts.  Also, here is the 2011 Draft Pick Grid that Joe worked on: http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/gbrfl/GBRFL2011draftpicksgrid.xls.

That should do it for now.  I will probably have at least the "Transactions" pages updated on the morrow, and you will be receiving the conference call info for the Draft Lottery Monday evening soon.  Keep an eye on your e-mail.  Over and out...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #228 on: Aug 22nd, 2011, 1:25am »

The "Transactions" section has been updated, and the current "Rosters" page now just displays everybody's cut-down rosters.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #229 on: Aug 22nd, 2011, 9:07pm »

We did do the team numbers tonight at the end of the Draft Lottery.  The "Rosters" and "Schedule" pages at the league site have been updated accordingly.  Also, as a favor of sorts, now before the season starts would be the best time to get team name changes in to me.  The deeper into the season it is, the bigger the pain in the ass it is on me to change your team's name.  Thank you for your anticipated consideration.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #230 on: Aug 28th, 2011, 11:41am »

Heyas, guys...  I just went and quickly updated our "History" page over at the league site...  We've got 188 total years of FF experience under our belt.  Of note this year, hitting a benchmark, Danny is in his 20th year!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #231 on: Aug 28th, 2011, 1:18pm »

on Aug 21st, 2011, 2:39am, StegRock wrote:
Also, here is the 2011 Draft Pick Grid that Joe worked on: http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/gbrfl/GBRFL2011draftpicksgrid.xls.

I have updated the draft-pick grid to the one Warner sent us this morning...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #232 on: Aug 30th, 2011, 12:04am »

Heyas, guys...  "Rosters" page at the league site has been updated through the Draft!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #233 on: Sep 2nd, 2011, 11:33am »

Any other team name changes, fellas?  This would be the time to get them in to me...  I especially ask because, as I am continuing to update the league web site, I am noticing some defunct team names like, say, "The Brady Bunch", which is now Bradyless. Anyway, let me know...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #234 on: Sep 2nd, 2011, 2:43pm »

Please do not miss this message from a little earlier today...

on Sep 2nd, 2011, 11:33am, StegRock wrote:
Any other team name changes, fellas?  This would be the time to get them in to me...  I especially ask because, as I am continuing to update the league web site, I am noticing some defunct team names like, say, "The Brady Bunch", which is now Bradyless. Anyway, let me know...

Also, I have a little extra time this weekend and finally, after over a decade, am willing to change those "funky" passwords you all have for the lineups submission section to whatever you want.  So, if you want your lineups submission password changed, preferably just pop me a private message right here on "the Gridiron" with what you want as your new password.  Thank you!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #235 on: Sep 4th, 2011, 12:25pm »

EVERYTHING IS A GO, FELLAZ!!!  The league site is all updated for the new 2011 season!  "Standings" and "Results" pages have been reset, and the "Lineups" section is ready to roll for Week 1.  I even made a couple small improvements/fixes. If you put in for password changes, they have been made.  Test to make sure, though.  Don't leave things to the last minute, please.  Alright,... ENJOY!!!  Here we go...
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2011, 1:02pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #236 on: Sep 5th, 2011, 10:51pm »

Heya, fellas...  Just a heads up...  Remember that Week 1 lineups need to be in by the kickoff of Thursday night's game!!!  Good luck!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #237 on: Sep 14th, 2011, 9:31pm »

Stuff's up...  "Results" and "Standings" pages reflect Week 1's outcomes!  Enjoy, fellas!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #238 on: Sep 15th, 2011, 1:56pm »

"Lineups" section has been turned over...  You can now begin submitting your Week 2 lineups...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #239 on: Sep 24th, 2011, 3:53pm »

Guys, I just realized something today, and I have been fretting over how to communicate it without inappropriately divulging information.  But, as commish, I feel obliged to express it, and I will do my level-best to be as generic about my explanation as possible...

Remember that in the GBRFL (as with CBSSportsline, who is our stats provider) players are rostered according to the position at which they are officially listed, even though they may be listed on their team's depth chart at different positions and, perhaps, even higher (and more likely to play at) those other positions than their officially listed position!  It is just one of those slip-through-the-cracks-type situations, but it is not new.  We have dealt with this before.

Comprende?  Please, for the sake of avoiding inappropriate divulging of free-agent information, do not respond to this with any specifics here.  Thank you!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #240 on: Sep 27th, 2011, 1:11am »

League fees are due Week 4, fellas...  Just reminding yous...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #241 on: Oct 1st, 2011, 2:14am »

on Sep 27th, 2011, 1:11am, StegRock wrote:
League fees are due Week 4, fellas...  Just reminding yous...

We are going into Saturday, the last day I receive snail mail before kickoff Sunday, and there remain a few pending league fees.  The league fee is $50.00 (+ gratuity).

Unless it arrives with tomorrow's mail, you will have to pay via the site donations link, http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/donate.htm, if you want to avoid penalty.  Remember the penalty for not getting your league fee in on time is not all too stiff: you just cannot pick up free-agents until your payment has arrived.  You can, however, make lineup changes (and I even allow you to make trades as long as your trading partner is someone who has made his payment).

I unfortunately cannot make exceptions to this.  Again, the due date is always a known; fair warning is given; multiple and immediate options of payment are available, and the penalty is not that bad.  I have enforced this strictly in the past, and it would not be fair to make exceptions.  If you have already sent a check and it does not arrive tomorrow, you can pay by PayPal or credit/debit card via the donations link and I will, of course, tear up your check when I receive it.  I have done this before.

Alright, Over and Out,
Steg
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #242 on: Oct 1st, 2011, 3:44pm »

on Oct 1st, 2011, 2:14am, StegRock wrote:
We are going into Saturday, the last day I receive snail mail before kickoff Sunday, and there remain a few pending league fees.  The league fee is $50.00 (+ gratuity).

Unless it arrives with tomorrow's mail, you will have to pay via the site donations link, http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/donate.htm, if you want to avoid penalty.  Remember the penalty for not getting your league fee in on time is not all too stiff: you just cannot pick up free-agents until your payment has arrived.  You can, however, make lineup changes (and I even allow you to make trades as long as your trading partner is someone who has made his payment).

I unfortunately cannot make exceptions to this.  Again, the due date is always a known; fair warning is given; multiple and immediate options of payment are available, and the penalty is not that bad.  I have enforced this strictly in the past, and it would not be fair to make exceptions.  If you have already sent a check and it does not arrive tomorrow, you can pay by PayPal or credit/debit card via the donations link and I will, of course, tear up your check when I receive it.  I have done this before.

Alright, Over and Out,
Steg

I did not receive anything in the mail today, guys.  It is the donations link or bust...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #243 on: Oct 2nd, 2011, 1:56pm »

This is a note to all, but especially Dr. Danny's Week 4 opponents (Mark and Joe)...  Note Danny's qualifying comment about his Week 4 lineup from the "Comments" section of his lineup submission: "Line up one is for Parsons and lineup 2 is for Hahn".  As the rest of you know, THIS IS BASS-ACKWARDS!  Per the "Schedule" page, Danny's "first game" this week is against Mark and his second "bonus game" is against Joe, and that is how it is supposed to line up vis-a-vis the twofold lineups submission form.  Leave it to "Dr." Danny to be the first person not to get this right in the umpteen years of this set-up. Anyway, that having been said, his "elucidation" is duly acknowledged and will/should be honored.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #244 on: Oct 9th, 2011, 12:28pm »

Guys, I have not received any more league fees since last week.  Please do remember that your ability to pick up free-agents remains frozen if I have not yet received your [$50.00 (+ gratuity )] league fee.  Mind yous, I hate doing this.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #245 on: Nov 8th, 2011, 10:48pm »

Guys, I will turn over the lineups section midday tomorrow (Wednesday).  REMEMBER lineups (now through Week 16) MUST be submitted by the kickoff of the (first) THURSDAY game!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #246 on: Nov 11th, 2011, 2:31am »

on Oct 2nd, 2011, 1:56pm, StegRock wrote:
This is a note to all, but especially Dr. Danny's Week 4 opponents (Mark and Joe)...  Note Danny's qualifying comment about his Week 4 lineup from the "Comments" section of his lineup submission: "Line up one is for Parsons and lineup 2 is for Hahn".  As the rest of you know, THIS IS BASS-ACKWARDS!  Per the "Schedule" page, Danny's "first game" this week is against Mark and his second "bonus game" is against Joe, and that is how it is supposed to line up vis-a-vis the twofold lineups submission form.  Leave it to "Dr." Danny to be the first person not to get this right in the umpteen years of this set-up. Anyway, that having been said, his "elucidation" is duly acknowledged and will/should be honored.

Again, "Dr." Danny, resident "chiroquackter", has screwed this up.  In the comments section, he specifies which lineup is supposed to be used against whom and in so doing has got it bass-ackwards.  Of course, like the existence of handicapped parking spots, ramps to building entrances, audible crosswalk signals and such, Danny's "deficiencies" will be accommodated.  Mind you, the venerable doctor is the ONLY ONE of us who cannot figure this out.  I am going to try to type this slowly now...  The TOP lineup that you input is for the game listed as your FIRST game of the week per the "Schedule" page (for you, Danny, that would be 2 vs. 10, your game against me) and the BOTTOM lineup is the for the game listed as your SECOND game of the week, your BONUS game (for you, Danny, that would be 4 vs. 10, your game against Mark).  For your convenience this is color-coded on the "Schedule" page and thoroughly explained on the lineup submission form web page.  ... Oops...  I meant RIF... And, by that, "Dr." Danny, I did not mean Reading Is Fucked!
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #247 on: Nov 11th, 2011, 7:21am »

on Nov 11th, 2011, 2:31am, StegRock wrote:

Again, "Dr." Danny, resident "chiroquackter", has screwed this up.  In the comments section, he specifies which lineup is supposed to be used against whom and in so doing has got it bass-ackwards.  Of course, like the existence of handicapped parking spots, ramps to building entrances, audible crosswalk signals and such, Danny's "deficiencies" will be accommodated.  Mind you, the venerable doctor is the ONLY ONE of us who cannot figure this out.  I am going to try to type this slowly now...  The TOP lineup that you input is for the game listed as your FIRST game of the week per the "Schedule" page (for you, Danny, that would be 2 vs. 10, your game against me) and the BOTTOM lineup is the for the game listed as your SECOND game of the week, your BONUS game (for you, Danny, that would be 4 vs. 10, your game against Mark).  For your convenience this is color-coded on the "Schedule" page and thoroughly explained on the lineup submission form web page.  ... Oops...  I meant RIF... And, by that, "Dr." Danny, I did not mean Reading Is Fucked!

I DIGRESS...
     Unsolicited opinion......the comments should not override the 'rules'.   Top line up is first game and bottom is the second game.  One warning should be enough.

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '97, '00, '01, '11
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #248 on: Nov 11th, 2011, 9:51am »

Up until recently I never knew you could even put in two different lineups,how retarded is that..thanks for the accommodation!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #249 on: Nov 11th, 2011, 3:04pm »

on Nov 11th, 2011, 9:51am, IbdFunk wrote:
Up until recently I never knew you could even put in two different lineups,how retarded is that..thanks for the accommodation!

I do have to say - and, in all sincerity, this is why I love him and he has been my good friend for 22 years - Danny does step up to the plate, take his lumps and readily admit his errors, and all in good nature mind you.  That last part is, indeed, something I myself could use some work on.

In terms of the "rules", Danny's intent is revealed in the "Comments" section and clearly so.  I find that there is no good reason not to honor the clearly stated intention of his "comments" other than spite and/or an inability to use good judgment and employing rules in a hard-and-fast way or, should I say, as a hard-and-fast way to avoid making (the) judgment calls (life is full of).  I digress, but our immediately deferential disposition to the Law in America has retarded our ethical sense, our sense of being ethical decision-makers and our sense to know where the (admittedly) fine line is that should not be crossed (that fine line is simply the "gray" that we have all been indoctrinated into believing the acceptance of which will lead us to the promised land beyond "black and white thinking", except our education in it has been situated in, instead of a framework of self-reflection and interpersonal attention, a retarding setting of moral relativism fueled by the "culture of ME" so that we do not even know what the hell we are talking about when we talk about the problems of "black and white thinking" beyond some cockamamie slogan about "the gray").  Alright, I will step down off my soap box...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12  ...  23 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.