In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 1:54am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron GBRFL Web Site, League Fee & General Announcements

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Featured Leagues
   GBRFL
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   GBRFL Web Site, League Fee & General Announcements
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13  ...  23 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: GBRFL Web Site, League Fee & General Announcements  (Read 81022 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: GBRFL Web Site, League Fee & General Announcem
« Reply #250 on: Nov 12th, 2011, 1:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Nov 11th, 2011, 7:21am, DirkDiggler wrote:
I DIGRESS...
    Top line up is first game and bottom is the second game.  One warning should be enough.

By the way, there is something I want to make clear.  While I (obviously) do not agree with Steve's point here from a juridical standpoint, I do agree with the spirit of his sentiments from a proactive standpoint.  In other words, one warning should have been enough for Danny to have self-corrected.  So, Steve, I am not totally against you.  I hope you can empathize with my position as commissioner and understand my decision, though.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #251 on: Nov 22nd, 2011, 5:09pm »

Fellas, I will be posting Week 11's results later tonight.  With the extremely condensed week, though, I will also be turning over the lineups section tonight so you can start submitting lineups.  So, for the purposes of analyzing Week 11's results, if you want to have the lineup(s) of your opponent(s), head over to the league site and deal with it now because come tonight you will not have access.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #252 on: Nov 24th, 2011, 10:52am »

Happy Thanksgiving! On the road, fellas... http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=58;a ction=display;num=1038462515;start=25.  Lineups section will not be turned over on time this Thanksgiving.  Sorry...  But, thank you for your anticipated understanding.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #253 on: Nov 29th, 2011, 5:37pm »

REMINDER: THIS WEEK, WEEK 13, IS THE TRADE DEADLINE FOR THE SEASON!!!  Make trades now or hold your peace until the offseason!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #254 on: Dec 3rd, 2011, 1:20pm »

Heyas, Guys...  With ALL that is going on, I did miss one free-agent request this week that was sent to me on time but by e-mail, that is to say, separate from the lineup submission.  The "Transactions" and "Rosters" pages as well as the lineup page for the team have been updated accordingly.  Sorry for the error.

With that said, for the remainder of this season, everybody, if you have to contact me, PLEASE do so by sending me a private message here on "the Gridiron" or just call me on either my cell phone or home phone (and leave a voice-mail), especially if it regards making lineup changes.  Indeed, if it is for the purpose of making lineup changes after having submitted your lineup, while I understand that it may not always be possible, I would REALLY appreciate it if you could just resubmit your lineup through the lineup submission form.  Any extra tasks are a real burden right now.  Thank you for your anticipated understanding and cooperation!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #255 on: Dec 7th, 2011, 4:09pm »

on Feb 7th, 2011, 12:16am, StegRock wrote:
That's a wrap, fellas!  Another year down!  League site's all updated!  Congrats to all our award winners this year...

Pak - DB - Steg

2nd - Champ - 3rd

Finally, Dave, Rob, the 2010 plaques are done and will be delivered to my mom tomorrow.  If you are going to be or can be in the Ocean Township area and could drop by my mom's to pick them up over the next few weeks, that would be great.  They are nice, and they are BIG!  Otherwise, I will have her send them, not a big deal (other than the fact that the plaques are BIG).  I do apologize for the excessive delay this year and thank you for your patience and understanding.  I do think you will both be happy with the finished product.

Over and Out,
Steg
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #256 on: Dec 13th, 2011, 1:38pm »

I would still like to hear from Dave and Rob on this...

on Dec 7th, 2011, 4:09pm, StegRock wrote:
Finally, Dave, Rob, the 2010 plaques are done and will be delivered to my mom tomorrow.  If you are going to be or can be in the Ocean Township area and could drop by my mom's to pick them up over the next few weeks, that would be great.  They are nice, and they are BIG!  Otherwise, I will have her send them, not a big deal (other than the fact that the plaques are BIG).  I do apologize for the excessive delay this year and thank you for your patience and understanding.  I do think you will both be happy with the finished product.

Over and Out,
Steg

But, anyway, Week 14's results have been run and are posted.  I will be turning over the lineups section earlier today as things with the move and exam are really coming to a head and getting hectic.  So, if you want to see your opponent's/s' lineup(s), please do so a.s.a.p.  Thank you!

I will say this much...  One more team has fallen off the pace for a plaque...  And, now there are four... with one with a fairly commanding lead with so few games to go.
DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '95, '98, '08, '09, '10, '13, '15, '17, '19
# 22

9X Ultimate Supreme Champion

View Profile

« Reply #257 on: Dec 13th, 2011, 3:46pm »

Don't worry about mailing my plague or anything like that.  Just give it to me next time we get together (next Summer?).
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #258 on: Dec 13th, 2011, 4:40pm »

on Dec 13th, 2011, 3:46pm, DB wrote:
Don't worry about mailing my plague or anything like that.  Just give it to me next time we get together (next Summer?).

DB, unfortunately we just cannot use when you (guys) will be seeing me again as a deciding factor.  The next time I come through will not likely be, at best, until I seek to defend my dissertation and graduate, which I am thinking I will try to do around the SIU Commencement ceremony in May of 2013 so I can defend and walk in one visit.  If my mom is ready to pull up stakes and come be with us in Hawaii at that time, we may then head to New Jersey to pack her up and ship her out.  If not, who knows when I will be back through Jersey?  In any event, the likelihood of the Steg being back on the mainland, no less the east coast, in 2012 is highly unlikely.  I know, guys, try to hold back them tears... ...

Moreover, you want this plaque, D (you too, Pak).  It is PHAT and FAT! I got 3rd Place remember...

That said, if there is any possibility of swinging by my mom instead of my having her send it, that would obviously be best.  Let me know...
DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 22

View Profile

« Reply #259 on: Dec 13th, 2011, 9:43pm »

Ok.  I have no plans to be in the area but I will try later this month.
Pakman
GM
GBRFLer
# 65

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #260 on: Dec 14th, 2011, 12:31pm »

Yo DB and Feder,

Just wanted to let you know not to worry about that big semi that is charging up on you in your review mirror.  That's just the Ryan Express getting ready to pass you in the standings or run over you on the way to first place.  

Oh and Steg, I intentionally didn't mention you because it's already a foregone conclusion that I will catch and surpass you.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #261 on: Dec 21st, 2011, 1:07pm »

Heyas, guys...  We got stuck in LA.  We are leaving for Honolulu today.  This all will cause at least somewhat of a delay in the posting of Week 15's results and updated standings.  The lineups section has been turned over, however, for Week 16.  Lineups can begin to be submitted...  Thanks for your anticipated understanding and patience! See yous on the other side...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #262 on: Dec 24th, 2011, 11:42pm »

EVERYTHING at the league site is back up to date! Thank you all for your understanding and patience.
DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 22

View Profile

« Reply #263 on: Dec 25th, 2011, 12:40pm »

I picked up last year's plaque.  Steg, that thing is unbelievable!  24x18, 11 cards!!!!  It is like a huge poster of my team.  I couldn't believe it.  I will display it with pride.
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '97, '00, '01, '11
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #264 on: Dec 25th, 2011, 3:59pm »

Wow!! Steg, make sure mine is bigger this year..
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #265 on: Dec 30th, 2011, 9:23pm »

Aloha, Guys!!!  Got a home, finally... At McDonald's jonesin' internet at the moment.  The site is all up to date, and the lineups section is turned over for Week 17.

Four teams (really three ) can still win the championship!!!  Danny, of course, is in the driver's seat, but the game between Danny and DB is HUGE, and, a DB victory in that game combined with a Trout upset of Danny, and ALL bets are off!!!  I will break down all the possible scenarios and post them sometime before kickoff on Sunday!

Alright, gotta roll...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #266 on: Jan 8th, 2012, 1:27am »

Heyas, Guys!  Things are still and will continue to be a bit hectic for the Steggies for a little while.  But, I was able to update the league site, the "Results" and "Standings" pages, with how things stand through LAST week's games.  Only one game went final; ALL the rest are "in progress"!
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #267 on: Jan 8th, 2012, 9:40pm »

I think it's all about the df.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #268 on: Jan 23rd, 2012, 12:49am »

Well, fellas, on a personal note I must let you all know that life remains far from normal for the Steggies.  With our stuff arriving from the mainland just last week, we are now in the part of this process where we live out of heaps and piles.  Bottom line, I will not be a "regular" here for probably another month.

ANY-way, I have processed the extended Week 17 results through the Conference Championships.  Many games remain pending, BUT, as Danny has made clear in his posts of late, we do have a 2011-2012 Champion, and it is... the aforementioned Danny Feder!!!  A hearty congratulations goes out to Danny for finally dethroning DB... (Sorry, D, but it was getting to be too much.)  The site will get updated indicating our new defending champ, as usual, when all the extended Week 17 games go final.  Also of note, second place is in stone...  Let's give a round of applause to Rob Pak on his second year in a row finishing in the winners' circle, indeed, in second place, not a shabby couple of runs.

Other notes...
  • What a great Super Bowl game!!!  Danny puts the nail in DB's coffin with a narrow 7-point victory.
  • The third-place plaque remains up for grabs.  It comes down to the game between DB and me and Victor Cruz in the Super Bowl.  DB currently has a slight 3-point lead.  Another great Week 17 game with award ramifications!
  • Finally, the games involving Steve Warner only technically remain "in progress".  His coach is all that is pending, and his games are not going to come down to that.  HOWEVER, there is something important to note here in terms of setting precedent, and I am just thankful that it has come about in a way that has absolutely no impact on the results.  If, in terms of the extended Week 17, I cannot reasonably discern the meaning of some acronym or abbreviation you used to indicate a postseason game, I will ignore it and just go to the next one.  Case in point, for the game Warner wants Belichick used he input "DC".  That could reasonably be interpreted as "Divisional Round" OR "Conference Championship" [especially when wedged between "WC" (Wildcard Round) and "SB" (Super Bowl)].  As such, I am ignoring his unclear listing of "DC" and just going with his next choice of "SB".  Mind you, I do not think there are many ways to demarcate these games unclearly (it has not happened until now), but "DC" is definitely one of them.
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2012, 2:16pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #269 on: Feb 5th, 2012, 8:08pm »

Well, it is not a championship (like Dr. Feder), but DB has gotten knocked totally off the winners' podium this year.  With that Victor Cruz touchdown, plaque me, baby,... albeit third place.
DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 22

View Profile

« Reply #270 on: Feb 7th, 2012, 6:25am »

Congratulations.  It's fitting that Cruz would get it for you.  I still don't know how that guy came out of nowhere for 1500 yards.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #271 on: Feb 8th, 2012, 3:18am »

Thanks, D.  Cruz was some pickup for sure.  BUT, ANYWAY, enough with this barely award-winning third-placer... ALL props to Danny on a hell of a season!  Thumbs up to the new defending Champ, the first since 2007, and thumbs up to you, D, for a THREE-year run that is unlikely to be duplicated. ...
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #272 on: Feb 8th, 2012, 10:53pm »

I'll accept those props! Made a lot of moves to make that happen despite all the injuries I had to battle through. I doubt I will repeat if I'm being honest but at least I won another one before joe p won one. Now, let my party continue, also let's get the 2010 champion OFF the main page?
Pakman
GM
GBRFLer
# 65

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #273 on: Feb 14th, 2012, 6:12pm »

Belated congratulations to Feder and Steg
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #274 on: Mar 18th, 2012, 12:20am »

While I have not yet come up for air sufficiently enough to get the extended Week 17 spreadsheet and "Results" and "Standings" pages updated, our reigning 2011 GBRFL CHAMP, Danny boy, is now DULY acknowledged on all of the other relevant public pages: the "home page" of the league site, the index page of "the Gridiron" where our message board is listed, the "Champions" page on the league site, and on the GBRFLeagues page, and his profile has been updated with this latest championship of his, which you can see underneath his username with all of his posts!  CONGRATS, again, brother Dan, and thank you for your patience! The updating of the rest is on the near horizon, which will, alas, close out (from an administrative perspective) the 2011 season.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13  ...  23 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.