In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 22nd, 2017, 12:47am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron GBRFL Web Site, League Fee & General Announcements

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Featured Leagues
   GBRFL
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   GBRFL Web Site, League Fee & General Announcements
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17  ...  21 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: GBRFL Web Site, League Fee & General Announcements  (Read 54912 times)
DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '95, '98, '08, '09, '10, '13, '15
# 22

7X Ultimate Supreme Champion

View Profile

Re: GBRFL Web Site, League Fee & General Announcem
« Reply #350 on: Nov 9th, 2013, 10:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

What happens in the event of a tie if a team's coach is in the hospital or something?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #351 on: Nov 9th, 2013, 4:15pm »

on Nov 9th, 2013, 10:40am, DB wrote:
What happens in the event of a tie if a team's coach is in the hospital or something?

An inactive coach (who has an interim coach filling in for him), e.g. Kubiak or Fox this week (and until they are back) (and Pagano last year), would be considered like a coach on a bye-week and given an automatic -99 (actually that is a negative infinity). In other words, if it comes down to a tie and you have an inactive coach of whatever kind (and your opponent does not), you lose! That is precisely why I dropped Fox this week (and kept Pagano). Fox will be considered inactive until he is back. Del Rio is (for) now (until Fox returns) the Broncos head coach.
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2013, 4:15pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #352 on: Nov 15th, 2013, 1:31am »

Alright, guys, we have a (mildly) problematic situation this week with someone's lineup. Danny, your team is coachless this week! John Fox is out. Jack Del Rio is the acting head coach of the Broncos. Why do you think I dropped Fox? Why did Joe pick up Del Rio? Gotta pay attention, man! Indeed, read my post immediately above in which I address this very issue. In any event, it is what Danny indicated on his lineup submission, so I have got to put it through. Danny, pray that neither of your games this week comes down to a tie. If either of them does, you lose. Sorry! In any event, drop Fox next week, and pick up a new head coach! Good luck!
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2013, 1:33am by Stegfucius » Logged
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '97, '00, '01, '11
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #353 on: Nov 15th, 2013, 2:43am »

that is bullshit if that happens. I should just get joe Philman back! it is no different if a free agent is taken despite my overlook. I know you can't beat me and it would be nice to have me lose in that fashion, but the right thing to do here is I'm back with joe Philman, the same way it would be with any other free agent.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #354 on: Nov 15th, 2013, 3:04am »

on Nov 15th, 2013, 2:43am, IbdFunk wrote:
that is bullshit if that happens. I should just get joe Philman back! it is no different if a free agent is taken despite my overlook. I know you can't beat me and it would be nice to have me lose in that fashion, but the right thing to do here is I'm back with joe Philman, the same way it would be with any other free agent.

What do you mean it would be the same with any other free-agent?  If you requested an injured player or for that matter Jeff George, that is whom you would get.  Actually, per your logic, I should get Fox back (and get my win over Trout last week).  But, instead of being a whiny fuck like you, when this VERY unusual situation emerged last week, I took the high road, bit the bullet and set the ultimately right precedent and example for the league and dropped him with no questions asked.

Just get a new coach next week, and stop your whining.  You fucked up, not me!
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #355 on: Nov 15th, 2013, 10:13am »

Your just bitter being at the bottom. The coach is requested on your team in jack del rio, when foxy returns he replaces model rio on your team no? It's no different then picking a free agent that is on a team already, it's not dicy, it's simple.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #356 on: Nov 15th, 2013, 4:40pm »

on Nov 15th, 2013, 10:13am, IbdFunk wrote:
Your just bitter being at the bottom. The coach is requested on your team in jack del rio, when foxy returns he replaces model rio on your team no? It's no different then picking a free agent that is on a team already, it's not dicy, it's simple.

First off, it is one thing when we are trash-talking, but sifting through your chimpanzee-level English when talking about something that requires the least amount of intellectual rigor is exhausting. Second, did you read my response and, as I suggested, the prior post?  Does what you suggest, outside of just being your made-up logic on the matter, correspond to how things went with respect to my dropping Fox and Joe's picking up Del Rio?  (Hint,... NO!)  Do I have John Fox?  NO!  (For that matter, not that it would matter, do I have Jack Del Rio?  NO!)  Fox is OUT.  Do we automatically get the backups to the players we have?  NO!  (Although, oddly, or maybe not so oddly, that is another illogical path you have gone down and given me a headache over in the past.)  So, I dropped him (and lamented greatly over it, and, as it turned out, it cost me my game against Trout).

Bottom line, you picked up an inactive head coach, the equivalent of Dan Reeves (if you had listed Reeves, I would have given you Reeves).  Again, the right precedent on this has been set.  Thank God we do not have someone who employs arbitrary (self-serving) logic at the helm here.  This has NOTHING to do with my location in the standings.  At any rate, hope that your games do not come down to a tie-break, and pick up a new coach (better than Philbin) next week.
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #357 on: Nov 15th, 2013, 6:27pm »

I guess I'll need blow outs, been that way all season thus far, shouldn't change
Travistotle
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '06
# 414

Semper Philosophans

View Profile

« Reply #358 on: Nov 15th, 2013, 10:40pm »

Can someone clue me in?  Who the hell is "joe Philman"?

on Nov 15th, 2013, 10:13am, IbdFunk wrote:

I got to thinking about these 3 sentences -- actually, there are 5 sentences here, which are masquerading, via spliced commas and thereby run-on sentences, as 3.  Steg is objecting to the logic of the argument on the formal side, as I understand it; but there's a nice material fallacy here, too: "Your [sic] just bitter being at the bottom."  Argumentum ad hominem, ladies and gentlemen!

And, yes, I am taking the opportunity to have fun being a philosophical windbag.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #359 on: Nov 16th, 2013, 10:48pm »

Gotta random "what if" question. Joe did not start a defense this week as he listed Viniateri as both his kicker and defense. I assume he would start the seahawks because that is who he started last week.  

My question is this, what if he had different defenses starting last week in game 1 and game 2? (I ask because I often do that) Would the game 2 Defense be his default defense OR would they be game 1 and game 2 line ups again.
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2013, 9:39am by DirkDiggler » Logged

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #360 on: Nov 17th, 2013, 1:02pm »

I already notified Steg about this and am starting SEA DEF for both games.

GO TONY, GO TONY, GO TONY!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #361 on: Nov 22nd, 2013, 2:33pm »

on Nov 16th, 2013, 10:48pm, DirkDiggler wrote:
Gotta random "what if" question. Joe did not start a defense this week as he listed Viniateri as both his kicker and defense. I assume he would start the seahawks because that is who he started last week.

Yes, that is right.

Quote:
My question is this, what if he had different defenses starting last week in game 1 and game 2? (I ask because I often do that) Would the game 2 Defense be his default defense OR would they be game 1 and game 2 line ups again.

Great question... that our system matter-of-factly answers! A person's lineup for the week is his topmost one per his lineups page. In other words,... in Steve's words,... the last submitted lineup would "be game 1 and game 2 lineups again."

With that said, let me use this as an opportunity to mention again a rule of our game that often gets forgotten/misunderstood. We do NOT cascade kickers and defenses! Ignoring/Skipping a listed kicker or defense in your list that you failed to acquire (via free-agency) or simply do not have on your roster (and you just had a senior moment) is NOT an instance of cascading! If you list a kicker or defense on a bye-week as your #1 kicker or defense, even if you have other kickers or defenses, you are screwed! You, in essence, do not have a kicker or defense for that week!

Now, back to the main topic here, what would be stickier is if the person listed, as Joe did this week, "Adam Vinatieri" (that is to say, a NON-defense) as his defense for game 1, but another actual defense for game 2 (or vice-versa). In that situation, I would do the generous thing and defer to the other defense he had in that week as opposed to referring to said respective game per his last submitted lineup.

Well, that is all for now... Over and OUT...
« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2013, 2:35pm by Stegfucius » Logged
DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '95, '98, '08, '09, '10, '13, '15
# 22

7X Ultimate Supreme Champion

View Profile

« Reply #362 on: Nov 22nd, 2013, 4:42pm »

I understanding the non-cascading rule paragraph, but I don't understand the application paragraph.  

If Joe lists Vinitieri as his defense, does he get the defense from his most recent lineup or not?  If so, would that be a cascading lineup?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #363 on: Nov 23rd, 2013, 9:23pm »

on Nov 22nd, 2013, 4:42pm, DB wrote:
If Joe lists Vinitieri as his defense, does he get the defense from his most recent lineup or not? If so, would that be a cascading lineup?

No... Common sense has to kick in. Adam Vinatieri is not a defense. So, ignoring/skipping Adam Vinatieri in his lineup is like ignoring/skipping a defense in his list that was not acquired (via free-agency), not cascading to another defense [further down his list because of, say, a bye-week, which is not allowed (for defenses)]. He did not list anything else (for either of his games), so I defer to the order of his defenses in his prior week's lineup(s). (That happens not infrequently as in when guys do not list complete lineups.)

Cascading only occurs when a player (quarterback, running back or receiver) accrues no stats. Ignoring/Skipping a player not acquired (or incorrectly listed as in this weird case with Joe) is not that. In most instances, the distinction makes no difference. BUT, sometimes it does.
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2013, 1:25am by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #364 on: Nov 27th, 2013, 4:07am »

Due to the extra short week, the trading deadline's being upon us, and some messages I received requesting that, if it is at all possible to get the results up quicker this week, it would be much appreciated, I sucked it up here tonight and got 'er done! Enjoy the early results and what seems to be cooking up to be an exciting run to the finish!  The standings, indeed, are tight!!!
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #365 on: Nov 27th, 2013, 4:19am »

on Nov 27th, 2013, 4:07am, StegRock wrote:
Due to the extra short week, the trading deadline's being upon us, and some messages I received requesting that, if it is at all possible to get the results up quicker this week, it would be much appreciated, I sucked it up here tonight and got 'er done! Enjoy the early results and what seems to be cooking up to be an exciting run to the finish! The standings, indeed, are tight!!!

Thank you Steg!!!  Much appreciated.

DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #366 on: Nov 27th, 2013, 10:26pm »

Thanks Steg.  

A very close race indeed!!

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #367 on: Dec 7th, 2013, 5:50pm »

on Dec 2nd, 2013, 2:11pm, StegRock wrote:
Late as they have been here in recent years (February/March the following year), but what is looking to be a little earlier this year, the 2012 plaques are in the design phase. It should not be after too long before you can give it a hug and reminisce about your run last year to a plaque.

Joe, Steve, I need to know where the 2012-2013 plaques need to be sent, so could you guys please pm me your addresses at your respective earliest possible convenience?

Mark, I have yours in Littleton.  If there is any change, let me know, but, otherwise, you are good to go.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #368 on: Dec 29th, 2013, 1:50pm »

on Dec 7th, 2013, 5:50pm, StegRock wrote:
Joe, Steve, I need to know where the 2012-2013 plaques need to be sent, so could you guys please pm me your addresses at your respective earliest possible convenience?

Mark, I have yours in Littleton. If there is any change, let me know, but, otherwise, you are good to go.

Are the plaques being received???
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #369 on: Dec 29th, 2013, 3:54pm »

on Dec 29th, 2013, 1:50pm, StegRock wrote:

I Have not received mine yet - but massive shipping delays.

DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #370 on: Dec 29th, 2013, 11:17pm »

I have not rec'd mine yet.

DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #371 on: Dec 30th, 2013, 12:00pm »

on Dec 29th, 2013, 1:50pm, StegRock wrote:

Steg-

I received the sweet looking 3rd place trophy today!   NICE! THANK YOU!

DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #372 on: Dec 30th, 2013, 10:14pm »

Steve,  
I have rec'd my very nice 2nd place plaque. It looks great!

Thanks.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #373 on: Jan 4th, 2014, 3:57am »

League site is up-to-the-moment!

We have a Champ...

Second, therefore, too is in the books.

The only thing up for grabs awards-wise is third.

There are a lot of unknowns with respect to the draft lottery...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #374 on: Jan 5th, 2014, 10:58pm »

League site is updated through Wildcard Weekend.  One more game goes final.  Our Champ finishes at 20-9.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17  ...  21 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.