In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 12:07am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Trash Talk Thread

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Featured Leagues
   GBRFL
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   Trash Talk Thread
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  21 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Trash Talk Thread  (Read 64020 times)
Travistotle
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '06
# 414

Semper Philosophans

View Profile

Trash Talk Thread
« on: Oct 22nd, 2006, 11:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well, guys, here's how it stands.  The GBRFL2 guys have a trash talk thread, so why shouldn't we have one?  I realize I am the upstart rookie here, and that perhaps I'm being brazen, but isn't a fantasy football league primarily about having an outlet for masculine tendencies, e.g., competitiveness, trash-talking, etc.?

Besides, having got off to an extraordinarily good and admittedly lucky start, I just HAVE to give all y'all HELL about it.  I mean, c'mon, the rook is 9-1.  (Furthermore, if I don't give you hell now, i probably won't have the opportunity to do it later, in other words, this streak probably won't last, so carpe diem.)

As my first official trash-talking, verbal-diarrhetic, gleeful one-uppance, albeit one that is a little toned down (I don't want to be TOO ridiculous) I would like to point out that I picked up the Jacksonville defense late in the draft and that that has carried my team.  Say what you will about the "importance" or "value" of running backs or quarterbacks -- a solid defense can wipe out your opponent's qb AND rb points in one single blow.  So all you guys with 10 or 35 or whatever running backs (Warner) and 8 or 50 or whatever quarterbacks (Parsons) can now rest in peace knowing that my Jacksonville defense will completely eradicate any advantage your stacked team has (an advantage of sheer numbers ) by wiping off from the face of the planet all your production points .

Sincerely,

through Week Six.  

« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2006, 12:02pm by Travistotle » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Trash Talk Thread
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22nd, 2006, 12:38pm »

I DIGRESS...
    Well,... I'm going to start off with some uncharacteristic anti-trash talk. Great job, T-Rave, having the balls, moreover, as the new guy to start this thread.  Good job! It was looooong overdue!  ...  Let's make good use of this, boyz!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 24th, 2006, 5:16am »

Alright,... enough of the fuzzy-wuzzy bullshit... Let's get to usin' this thread for its intended purpose... ...like that of our old-school "Trash Talkin'" page (if you want to reminisce or poke your head in for posterity's sake, here's a link:  http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/trashtalkin.htm)!

T-Rave, I truly NOW want to thank you... for getting this thread started just in the nick of time for... ME... to congratulate YOU on takin' the old Stegger up the shooter like a veteran of the state penitentiary system (for you, Dr. Danny, that's pen-a-ten-tree, also known as "prison", and, by "shooter" I mean "anal canal"... as in what you spend all day massaging)!!! So, T-Rave, feelin' a little... Of course, though, my bone wasn't butt,... I mean,... but a moment out of your dilated sphincter when it was being smuggled by the Bone Smuggler himself.  I really do hate taking advantage of you, DT.  I know you truly do have much more important matters on his plate right now, which prevented you from getting a lineup in this week (I'm being serious),... BUT,... hey,... I got to get the blow job done... and move on... 'cause I know the rest of yous are beggin' for some of the Rock... and aren't quite as tied up... yet.

The turn-around of Stegeman Fantasy Enterprises, Inc., is in FULL-swing...  A 2-0 week puts me right in the thick of things as we break through the 1/3 mark of the season.  I expected to be rebuilding for 3 or 4 years.  You just can't hold back the real deal, and, by the way, guys (save Dr. Dan), when I say "You", I don't mean the generalized pronoun...  I mean "YOU" guys!!!  YOUS can't cage the Rock!!!

Line up, boyz... The Rock is cummin'...
Travistotle
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '06
# 414

Semper Philosophans

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Sep 9th, 2007, 6:41pm »

Technically, this thread is for trash talk.  I've decided to trash talk on myself this time, though.  It's that bad.  It's not StegRock bad yet, but it's bad.

So I actually thought Ronnie Brown would do better this year (maybe 1100 yards, 9 tds).  Jesse Chatman and Cam Cameron have other ideas, it seems.  Another game, another crappy performance by Ronnie Brown.  Fred Taylor and Deuce McAllister might just lay down, die, and GIVE the starting positions to MJD and Reggie Bush, respectively.  What a shitty performance by my RBs this week; it's just BARELY possible that I reached 100 total yards (and 0 tds) with my RBs this week.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 10th, 2007, 7:47am »

on Sep 9th, 2007, 6:41pm, T-Rave wrote:
Technically, this thread is for trash talk.  I've decided to trash talk on myself this time, though.  It's that bad.  It's not StegRock bad yet, but it's bad.

So I actually thought Ronnie Brown would do better this year (maybe 1100 yards, 9 tds).  Jesse Chatman and Cam Cameron have other ideas, it seems.  Another game, another crappy performance by Ronnie Brown.  Fred Taylor and Deuce McAllister might just lay down, die, and GIVE the starting positions to MJD and Reggie Bush, respectively.  What a shitty performance by my RBs this week; it's just BARELY possible that I reached 100 total yards (and 0 tds) with my RBs this week.

Sadly enough, even with that performance, you have a very good shot at beating me.  Your QBs crushed!!

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 19th, 2007, 5:09am »

Look, mom,... no quarterbacks...

on Sep 9th, 2007, 6:41pm, T-Rave wrote:
It's not StegRock bad yet, but it's bad.

No,... it's worse...
Travistotle
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '06
# 414

Semper Philosophans

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Sep 21st, 2007, 12:25pm »

Yeah, I got what I deserved, huh?

Geez, this is embarrassing.  What can I say?  My running backs have combined, in TWO weeks, for 0 touchdowns and less than 200 yards total.  My defense has been trashed both weeks.  So I wasted Carson's 6td performance and Ben's 4td performance.  It's sick.

IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '97, '00, '01, '11
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Sep 21st, 2007, 1:39pm »

You can have the 49ers df, actually the have been playing great. Dont fuck with my mind and make fun of my GM skills.
Travistotle
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '06
# 414

Semper Philosophans

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Sep 22nd, 2007, 1:38pm »

Funny thing is, the defense that was trashed was the Bengals defense, whom I decided to start ahead of my Philadelphia defense -- then Cleveland dropped 51 points on them.  In week one, my Philly Defense played not too bad, it's just that my opponents had defenses that had ridiculously good weeks (they were playing Atlanta and some other wreck of a team).  So I don't think I'd pick up the San Fran D in place of the Philly D.    Yeah, San Fran hasn't been bad -- 17 points a game, a few turnovers each week -- but they haven't played any offense that's rollin'.

Besides, we all know that my trash-talkin your San Fran pick only happened because you previously trash talked a pick that was, in the eyes of the rest of us, a better pick than the San Fran pick.  Had you not started the trash talkin, your San Fran pick probably would have slid on by with only the usual ribbing.
« Last Edit: Sep 22nd, 2007, 1:39pm by Travistotle » Logged
Art Vandalay
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '96, '05
# 11

Bow to the master

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Sep 23rd, 2007, 8:03pm »

And speaking of receiving yards - 620 yards and 6 touchdowns this week by the Brady Bunch. Yeeeha!!!

Brady Bunch coming on baby!! When Brees finally gets on board and throws 400 yards and 4 touchdowns this week; let the games begin.

Why don't you just tell me what you want to see.
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Sep 29th, 2007, 11:08pm »

Well, once again these freaking injuries are KILLING me. Every year it gets more ridiculous. This week i will be with out Jake Delhome, Rudi Johnson and Javon Walker. Such bullshit!! My players are such pussies, always hurt!
Travistotle
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '06
# 414

Semper Philosophans

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Oct 4th, 2007, 12:27pm »

Well, well, well.  Look who's climbing up the leaderboard, boys.   Three wins in a row (after starting 0-4), and this despite losing Deuce for the year.  Ronnie Brown's starting to play, Kevin Jones is coming back, Derrick Mason was the steal of the draft, and I've got big guns at QB.

Joe, I've got to hand it to you, if your players played like everyone thought they would this year, you'd win every game this year.  You've got a great team . . . ON PAPER!  You just got beat by the Little Deuce Coup train, though, so that must be rough.  

Poor Danny-poo, all those injuries.  They are rough indeed, but not as rough as last week's loss to ME was, not to speak of how rough the next 10 weeks will be.

Steggie, rough year.  I feel bad layin' it on you . . . EXCEPT IN A TRASH-TALKIN THREAD!!!!!  Man do your running backs and receivers look terrible.  Mark Clayton -- bye bye (Mark Clayton, meet Derrick Mason, Derrick Mason, meet Mark Clayton ).  Ronnie Brown gets more catches and yards for me than your entire receiving corps does for you!  

The Champ   is risin'.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 12:29am »

Well, I don't know if this is trash talk or sympathy...  A GBRFL league averages about one or so overtime games a season.  Through just Week 5, there have already been two this season.  More astoundingly, one owner, Dave Trout, has been on the losing end of BOTH...  Amazing!!! Excruciating!!! OUCH!!!
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
Champ - '16
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 11th, 2007, 12:05pm »

Ladies...this is where your bitch and moan sessions should take place. Not on the trade talk thread. I know that with a combined IQ of 59...you know who you are... you may finally be able to figure this out. I decided to give you some help anyway.  
Maybe Steg can transfer those crybaby posts from our (GM GOD).  
Oh and Danny, in case you have not heard, we don't have a GM of the year anymore.

GO TONY, GO TONY, GO TONY!
FLESH
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '20
# 66

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Nov 13th, 2007, 7:39pm »

Joe..your a tool! Maybe we can start a topic on just your team(s)...all 30 of them. By the way, great job cuttin' Shaun McDonald...that ranks right up there with Travis' genius cutting of Donte Stallworth. Now you two can fight it out in free agency over the Tab-meister.
FLESH
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '20
# 66

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Nov 14th, 2007, 4:42pm »

Hey Feder...just wondering if Cleo Lemon is still available? I know you have a real "feel" for the roster decisions down there in Miami. Are you sure you only want a 1st rounder and Lee Evans for him? Oh, by the way, John Beck says hi! He didn't get a chance to talk with you much this week since he was busy  practicing with the 1st team. Boy, if I only had your tremendous insight, I could finally win something. I think it would only be fair if Mark were to release Beck and you owned exclusive rights to him. Steg..can you make this happen?
    Oh Great Moron, look at the bright side: now you and Cleo will have some more quiet time together.(Sorry Joe).
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Nov 17th, 2007, 11:46pm »

Markie may win this thing, but it won't come at my expense... I've got his number!

(Just goes to show the tremendous parity of our league.)
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Nov 18th, 2007, 8:44am »

Trout, that deal was for both the Bills qb, not Cleo Lemon you retard. As for Beck and Cleo Lemon, there is a good chance that Cleo Lemon could start next year you Miami, it is NOT a done deal that Jon Beck wins the job, we have to see how he plays.
Art Vandalay
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '96, '05
# 11

Bow to the master

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Nov 18th, 2007, 10:56am »

With all do respect; Markie hasn't won this thing yet. Save one win for Superbowl week Steve. It's time for you to repay your old debts.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Nov 18th, 2007, 12:32pm »

Danny,... barring Beck's getting injured during the last seven weeks of the season, Cleo Lemon is NEVER starting for the Dolphins again.  What backup quarterback EVER... gets the job like he did, loses it the way he has, and then comes out the following season as the starter?  NO ONE!  And, of course, this is to totally sidestep the issue of quality.  Even if he somehow did become the starter going into next season, he is who he is,... not very good.

on Nov 18th, 2007, 10:56am, Art Vandalay wrote:
With all do respect; Markie hasn't won this thing yet. Save one win for Superbowl week Steve. It's time for you to repay your old debts.

First, watch what you say there, Franko.  According to the trend in your thinking there, the top dog going into the final week may not be Markie.  You may have just requested a beat-down FOR YOURSELF.  Sounds self-defeating to me... ...

Second, for some reason I don't think it's going to be me playing that last-place-versus-first-place spoiler game during our extended Week 17... I think it'll be a chap who either looks a little like this... or acts like this... and plays with dreidels...

IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #20 on: Nov 18th, 2007, 2:38pm »

These injuries are ridiculous. Oh Gee, McNAbb out! That would basically some up my team this season, every player on my "starting" lineup has missed significant amount of time or the season with exception to Galloway. That is no joke!! I dont want to hear how it is part of the game , to my extent is freaking retarded.
FLESH
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '20
# 66

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: Nov 19th, 2007, 4:10pm »

Frank..thanks for the unintended compliment in your post. I certainly look foward to visiting you and the Brady-less bunch in week 13. Cook my burger mid-rare please.
Travistotle
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '06
# 414

Semper Philosophans

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: Nov 21st, 2007, 6:03pm »

on Nov 13th, 2007, 7:39pm, Flesh is Fantasy wrote:
Joe..your a tool! Maybe we can start a topic on just your team(s)...all 30 of them. By the way, great job cuttin' Shaun McDonald...that ranks right up there with Travis' genius cutting of Donte Stallworth. Now you two can fight it out in free agency over the Tab-meister.

Just wanted to throw in my take here -- let's see, I dropped Donte Stallworth after four games.  Want to know his stats for the first four games: Game One: 1 catch, 19 yards, no td; Game Two: 2 catches, 19 yards, no td; Game Three: 1 catch, 28 yards, no td; Game Four: 4 catches, 49 yards, no td.  8 catches and 115 yards in four games, with 0 tds.  Of course I freakin' dropped him!  And, of course, he scored a td the next 3 games in a row.
Art Vandalay
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '96, '05
# 11

Bow to the master

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: Nov 21st, 2007, 8:52pm »

Hey Trout big fella; any compliments I dish out on this site are fully "intended". I think you get a bad rap in this league. Everyone always talking about how bad your teams are. I look at it differently. Your teams are very useful in GBRFL. They are the Dan Marino of fantasy football; regular season juggernauts and not a ring to show for it.  
Who would come in second year in and year out if you weren't around?  
 Pak? I think not. He's still trying to win his 10th game in the league.
 Bohrer? Come on get serious.
 Parsons? Although he may be the heir apparent someday, he would never give up his perennial 6th place spot.
 Warner? What would the draft day lottery be without Steve.
 Stegeman? Not on the self-destructive course he's precariously set himself upon. Danny that means unsteady or risky.
 T-Rave? Someone who takes over a team on the verge of greatness and claims to be the champion....yes that actually would fit the mold. Perhaps T-Rave can be the perennial second place.
 Otherwise that only leaves Mark and Danny. Mark of course is in first place, for now, so we'll take him out. Danny has a whole Florida garage full of excuses and injured players so he's out.
 So I guess it's you trout. Congratulations on what will prove to be another second place finish, to me, of course. Mark's team will fold like a two, seven off suit.

Consider this an "intended" compliment.

DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '95, '98, '08, '09, '10, '13, '15, '17, '19
# 22

9X Ultimate Supreme Champion

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: Nov 22nd, 2007, 7:56pm »

I hope everyone had a great time today watching the Brett Farve and Tony Romo show, especially Trout and Feder.  Danny, I know you want to get a great draft pick next year but did you really have to play the Lions D?  How does it feel to lose a game on a Thursday?
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  21 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.