In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 18th, 2017, 8:11pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Trash Talk Thread

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Featured Leagues
   GBRFL
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   Trash Talk Thread
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14  ...  21 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Trash Talk Thread  (Read 44894 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Trash Talk Thread
« Reply #275 on: Dec 3rd, 2010, 8:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Dec 3rd, 2010, 8:14pm, DB wrote:
What happens if there is a three way tie? Does it goto head-to-head or points differential?

Ties in the standings between however many teams are broken at the end of the season the same way they are broken during the season. It goes by head-to-head, first, then, points differential.
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2010, 8:54pm by Stegfucius » Logged
DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '95, '98, '08, '09, '10, '13, '15
# 22

7X Ultimate Supreme Champion

View Profile

« Reply #276 on: Dec 3rd, 2010, 9:26pm »

Just to be clear with this three way tie business....

If Team A has tiebreaker over Team B but not Team C and Team C has tiebreaker over both, then Team C wins, right?

What if Team A has tiebreaker over Team B (2-1), Team B has tiebreaker over Team C (2-1) and Team C has tiebreaker over Team A (3-0).  Does Team C win because he has 4 combined wins against the other team while Team A has 3 and B has 3?  Or does it only matter that A and B have tiebreaker regardless of overall head to head records, so it goes to points differential?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #277 on: Dec 4th, 2010, 8:27pm »

on Dec 3rd, 2010, 9:26pm, DB wrote:
Just to be clear with this three way tie business....

If Team A has tiebreaker over Team B but not Team C and Team C has tiebreaker over both, then Team C wins, right?

Quote:
What if Team A has tiebreaker over Team B (2-1), Team B has tiebreaker over Team C (2-1) and Team C has tiebreaker over Team A (3-0).

First off, just to clarify, if we are talking the Championship, not going into our extended Week 17, a fourth game between the teams will very likely be involved in the equation.

Quote:
Does Team C win because he has 4 combined wins against the other team while Team A has 3 and B has 3?

Quote:
Or does it only matter that A and B have tiebreaker regardless of overall head to head records, so it goes to points differential?

, which is always how three-or-more-way ties in the standings are broken.  But, remember a fourth game is very likely going to be involved.  So, if, let's say, Team A has a 2-2 record against Team B; Team B has a 2-2 record against Team C, but Team C has a 2-1 record against Team A, Team C is your Champion.  But, here's a more complicated scenario...  Let's say Team A has a 2-2 record against Team B, and Team B has a 3-1 record against Team C; then, if Team C has a losing record against Team A, it comes down to points differential between Teams A and B for the Championship; if Team C has a winning record against Team A, Team B is your Champion.  Follow?  Think it through...

The bottom line, though, is that the bumper-week format largely serves to avoid the extrapolation nightmare.  It does not cover all permutations, but having all the teams who are side-by-side in the standings play each other Week 17 surely reduces the risk.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #278 on: Dec 5th, 2010, 7:29am »

All I know is that we are in for a heck of a finish of a season!!    

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #279 on: Dec 5th, 2010, 7:13pm »

Mark-

Stanton would of been a half way decent start..............IF you would of remembered to put in a waiver claim for him! DOH!!!! Instead, I think you only started 1 QB because Tebow didn't even touch the ball.    

Rob benefits this week.
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2010, 7:14pm by DirkDiggler » Logged

Drew Rosenhaus
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '93, '03, '07, '12
# 54

View Profile

« Reply #280 on: Dec 6th, 2010, 12:06pm »

I did blow it. I  thought if Tebow could come close  or even provide one TD from his numbers in the past KC game, I would be much better off than an unknown from Stanton.

However, as has been the case with several of my decisions this year, I would describe it as crazy fail.

She turned me into a newt!
A newt?
I got better. Burn her anyway!
Pakman
Head Coach
GBRFLer
# 65

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #281 on: Dec 6th, 2010, 4:23pm »

Why the hell is everyone so concerned about ties... There aren't going to be any stinkng ties in this league.  I am taking it down this year.  You all should   now.

DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #282 on: Dec 6th, 2010, 4:36pm »

on Dec 6th, 2010, 4:23pm, Pakman wrote:
Why the hell is everyone so concerned about ties... There aren't going to be any stinkng ties in this league. I am taking it down this year. You all should now.

Come on Rob, we know we can count on you to forget to start a defense  

DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #283 on: Dec 13th, 2010, 10:51pm »

Wholly shit. Rob all but cinched up the championship this week! I needed the Vikings to get 8 points and 191 yards tonight against the Giants.....that certainly did not happen! With that, Rob crushed me.  

Bohrer had a tough time this weekend with Rogers going down.......

Friggin unbelievable! I am trying not to be bitter. I got my hopes up just to have them dashed!!!

Congrats Rob !!~!!

Update:  Woke up this morning-and still extremely disappointed.  
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2010, 6:54am by DirkDiggler » Logged

Pakman
Head Coach
GBRFLer
# 65

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #284 on: Dec 22nd, 2010, 11:47am »

I did some quick calculations for the games this past week and it looks like I won both games, albeit, a very close on with Hahn.

Looks like I'm in the driver's seat for the championship.    

DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #285 on: Dec 22nd, 2010, 3:00pm »

on Dec 22nd, 2010, 11:47am, Pakman wrote:
I did some quick calculations for the games this past week and it looks like I won both games, albeit, a very close on with Hahn.

Congrats Rob.  By simple math, I am now out of the championship hunt.   I am now clinging just for a top 3 finish.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #286 on: Dec 22nd, 2010, 5:18pm »

Actually...

I had somewhat of a bead on things, and I cringed when I read this... I hope you didn't go and jinx yourself, Pakman...
FLESH
Head Coach
GBRFLer
# 66

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #287 on: Dec 23rd, 2010, 12:53am »

Pakman...I love your calculations...NOT! I also calculated that I won 20 games this year; just waiting for Steg to redo the results and change the standings. Also a quick congrats to Joey for completely squandering the potential league MVP on his pathetic squad. He has a real knack, gentleman.
Drew Rosenhaus
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '93, '03, '07, '12
# 54

View Profile

« Reply #288 on: Dec 26th, 2010, 7:39pm »

Pak   =  

That has to be one of the worst cases of wrong I have seen in some time.

She turned me into a newt!
A newt?
I got better. Burn her anyway!
FLESH
Head Coach
GBRFLer
# 66

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #289 on: Dec 28th, 2010, 10:41pm »

Pak: Merry Christmas! My JV squad delivered a key win against DB for you this week. I'm certain you'll screw it up next week; but enjoy it while you can. On a side note guys: Joe contacted me about acquiring some additional pro spots for next year. Evidently the whole trading deadline thing has escaped this incestous genius. FYI: Joey...your tryin to protect players on a 7 win team..."LMAO" douchebag!
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #290 on: Dec 29th, 2010, 8:57am »

After another crappy week, I really need everyone (yes Joe, especially you) to enter a legitimate line up.  None of this starting all your players in week 17 even though it is a meaningless game crap.

DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 22

View Profile

« Reply #291 on: Dec 29th, 2010, 11:33am »

I think it's true, I have Trout beating me in OT (I am never 100% in calculating these numbers, but much better than Pak).  This would be especially painful consider that just about any other lineup would have given me a win.  I think I would have won had Fitzgerald not caught a pass in garbage time or had Hartley kicked just one more extra point ... plus many other possibilities.

I have a feeling that this just isn't my year but if there is anyone that I would have confidence in choking, it is Pak.

By the way, Trout and "key win" haven't been in the same sentence in like .... never!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #292 on: Dec 29th, 2010, 10:08pm »

Yo, we got some mathematically-challenged dudes here,... one of whom, mind you, is likely going to be our 2010-2011 champion.  Also, we got a new guy back in first heading into our extended Week 17.  Good luck!
FLESH
Head Coach
GBRFLer
# 66

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #293 on: Dec 30th, 2010, 10:48am »

My Pak-like calculations were erroneous. Congrats on the win DB. Your right about having other players in your lineup would have made a difference. Mainly, the guy who got you to the dance...Rodgers. And incidentally, the Fitzgerald catch was on a game-winning drive not garbage-time. Remind me to drown you in the pool next year.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #294 on: Jan 1st, 2011, 12:06pm »

on Dec 30th, 2010, 10:48am, Flesh is Fantasy wrote:
My Pak-like calculations were erroneous. Congrats on the win DB. Your right about having other players in your lineup would have made a difference. Mainly, the guy who got you to the dance...Rodgers. And incidentally, the Fitzgerald catch was on a game-winning drive not garbage-time. Remind me to drown you in the pool next year.

Wholly shit, I actually won this week.    Peyton Mannings 25 yard scramble in which he slid on the 1 yard line made the difference.    

This is an UNBELIEVABLELY close season!   My fate in part rests in Joe's hand.........

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #295 on: Jan 2nd, 2011, 2:49pm »

This question is to Joe and Steve, and, please, understand that I ask this with my metaphorical money where my mouth is in the form of playing the Falcons today in a meaningful Week 17 game against a weak opponent. What is the wisdom in playing your defense in the playoffs over Week 17, especially if the game is meaningful (like it was for Pittsburgh today) and against a weak opponent (like it was for both Pittsburgh and New England), no less deep into the playoffs, where the competition presumably only gets increasingly tougher, no less the Super Bowl (where the likes of Vick, Brees, Rodgers and company lurk)? The whole extended Week 17 thing makes total sense when it comes to players, but not really defenses. In fact, it could easily be argued that playing a defense in the playoffs is a dangerous move, and the deeper the more dangerous. Moreover, the whole playing them in reverse cascading order thing, i.e. SB, CC, DR, WC, W17, means, save for the Super Bowl and Week 17, you are playing them in a loss, which you would think is not what you want. Critical reflections?
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2011, 3:09pm by Stegfucius » Logged
DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 22

View Profile

« Reply #296 on: Jan 2nd, 2011, 4:07pm »

Playing a defense in the playoffs may be okay in the right situation. But as far as...

"the whole playing them in reverse cascading order thing, i.e. SB, CC, DR, WC, W17, means, save for the Super Bowl and Week 17, you are playing them in a loss"

I thought the same thing. ... unless they win the SB.
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2011, 4:09pm by DB » Logged
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #297 on: Jan 2nd, 2011, 4:20pm »

on Jan 2nd, 2011, 2:49pm, StegRock wrote:
This question is to Joe and Steve, and, please, understand that I ask this with my metaphorical money where my mouth is in the form of playing the Falcons today in a meaningful Week 17 game against a weak opponent. What is the wisdom in playing your defense in the playoffs over Week 17, especially if the game is meaningful (like it was for Pittsburgh today) and against a weak opponent (like it was for both Pittsburgh and New England), no less deep into the playoffs, where the competition presumably only gets increasingly tougher, no less the Super Bowl (where the likes of Vick, Brees, Rodgers and company lurk)? The whole extended Week 17 thing makes total sense when it comes to players, but not really defenses. In fact, it could easily be argued that playing a defense in the playoffs is a dangerous move, and the deeper the more dangerous. Moreover, the whole playing them in reverse cascading order thing, i.e. SB, CC, DR, WC, W17, means, save for the Super Bowl and Week 17, you are playing them in a loss, which you would think is not what you want. Critical reflections?

Well, in reverse order, agree, that makes no sense.  

My logic in not starting the Steelers this week or the Ravens was because while the games were not THAT meaningful for either of them since both were in the playoffs.  I envisioned the teams getting up and then pulling all of the starters on Defense.   That did happen in some of the games.  

I would rather have my defense with all of the starters in versus giving up junk points at the end of the game.  It appears that the two defenses I am playing AGAINST are going to fuck me anyway.   Atlanta was great and the Redskins look pathetic against the Giants.

DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 22

View Profile

« Reply #298 on: Jan 4th, 2011, 4:24pm »

This is going to be close. Both my games are close right now. My game with Joe will basically come down to the N.E. Defense in their final game. The Jets D was dominant so he won't get much except possibly some bonus points. But if the Pats can get some of those, Joe could win.

Game with Pak should be close too. Comes down to Shonn Greene v. Matt Forte (I am up by 10 yards going in and we are tied with 0 TDs). DeShaun Jackson probably won't get enough yards to matter, but we are tied in receiving TDs right now, so a Jackson TD would be big for Pak (as would one by Greene).
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2011, 4:25pm by DB » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #299 on: Jan 4th, 2011, 8:08pm »

A little look back... Check this, my most recent post, out, but I'd suggest that you don't have your mouth full of hot coffee when you do so...

http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=58;a ction=display;num=1185832268;start=75.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2011, 8:08pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14  ...  21 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.