In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 23rd, 2017, 10:38pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Trash Talk Thread

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Featured Leagues
   GBRFL
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   Trash Talk Thread
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Trash Talk Thread  (Read 45027 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Trash Talk Thread
« Reply #450 on: Sep 12th, 2013, 10:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Sep 12th, 2013, 4:26pm, DirkDiggler wrote:
Ouch - 7 TDs from 1 person and still did not get a win. That is brutal

My team has picked up right where it left off last year.  Two losses, neither by very much.
Travistotle
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '06
# 414

Semper Philosophans

View Profile

« Reply #451 on: Sep 13th, 2013, 3:31am »

Ditto the sentiment: how on earth did MJD, Martin, and Spiller combine for 130ish yards and 1 td?  Really?  So much for the advantage of having 3 of the top 15 running backs . . .
FLESH
Head Coach
GBRFLer
# 66

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #452 on: Sep 14th, 2013, 3:05am »

Is this the area where we "chime in "  with our comments for the non-sensitive league members? I sure hope I read the directions properly in that other thread.  
If so, allow me to indulge our resident, self proclaimed Peter King. First and foremost: Shouldn't we establish some ground rules for this thread....to include:

1) Don't talk shit after you get embarrassed by a "cellar-dweller'
   2) Don't talk shit when you have the only roster other than the Jets  that still has Sanchez...really??
   3) Don't talk shit when you inherited a championshp 8 years ago, ala Barry Switzer.  
   4) Don't talk shit till you really analyze your shitty roster...a roster that commands the same respect Feder has for the English language.
 I'm certain I left some out. Can I get back to you after Antonio Gates gets added to his roster?
Travistotle
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '06
# 414

Semper Philosophans

View Profile

« Reply #453 on: Sep 14th, 2013, 3:17pm »

on Sep 14th, 2013, 3:05am, Flesh is Fantasy wrote:
Is this the area where we "chime in " with our comments for the non-sensitive league members? I sure hope I read the directions properly in that other thread.  
If so, allow me to indulge our resident, self proclaimed Peter King. First and foremost: Shouldn't we establish some ground rules for this thread....to include:

1) Don't talk shit after you get embarrassed by a "cellar-dweller'
  2) Don't talk shit when you have the only roster other than the Jets that still has Sanchez...really??
  3) Don't talk shit when you inherited a championshp 8 years ago, ala Barry Switzer.  
  4) Don't talk shit till you really analyze your shitty roster...a roster that commands the same respect Feder has for the English language.
 I'm certain I left some out. Can I get back to you after Antonio Gates gets added to his roster?

Where to start?

First of all, you're mixing up your threads. My comments are on the other thread, so I assume you're making ground rules for that other thread. Your antecedents are wrong; I guess it's not just Feder who has problems with English.

Second of all, have I "talked shit"? Is this what you're talking about:

on Sep 13th, 2013, 2:49pm, Travistotle wrote:
just because the last few years' cellar-dweller has a "decent starting lineup for once" doesn't mean I move him up more than if he hadn't been the cellar-dweller.  No sentimentality here.

That's hardly trash-talking.  Sensitive, indeed.  Oh, wait, was it that I didn't include you in my list of 2nd-tier teams? Is that "talking shit" nowadays? Not including some teams in the top 2 tiers of one's own, intentionally snide and snarky "power rankings" -- does that violate the "everybody gets a trophy" principle? Wow, maybe Bohrer was right -- maybe we've got some very sensitive league owners.

Third, I don't get your Sanchez point. You have the only roster other than the Jaguars with Chad Henne; and you have the only roster other than the Dolphins with Daniel Thomas. In fact, I can say the same thing about EVERY PLAYER ON YOUR ROSTER. By definition none of us can have someone else's players. Oh, wait, do you mean that no other fantasy owner would dream of having Mark Sanchez on their roster? (If you did mean that, you should have been more precise with your English.) If you mean this, then, well, right back at ya: who on earth would have Daniel Thomas on their roster? Even better, who on earth would have him AS A STARTER?!? He's your THIRD running back?!?!? And you're talking shit about my 2nd substitute qb? I have to wipe the tears from my eyes after laughing so hard I cried. Oh, wait, I just realized: you're not using Thomas as your third running back, but Jonathan Dwyer, recently cut by the Steelers and re-acquired after the guys kept in preference to Dwyer couldn't even resemble an NFL running back. Even better!

Fourth, I'm glad you brought up my championship pedigree. Good publicity. Switzer is some good, and hilarious, company to be included in. I'm trying to think of how long ago it was that you won a championship. Actually, I'm having a hard time believing you did win one, given your performance the past 8 years. Oh, wait, it turns out that's true -- you haven't won a championship.

Lastly, let me just address your fourth point this way. According to a sensible and unbiased comparison of our rosters, mine is, at this point, superior. You can lean on your trouncing me this week all you want: I have four running backs better than your 2nd running back, and mine just happened to all have, on the same week, their worst rushing games in a very long time. You may perhaps be a tick better at qb -- perhaps -- but I'll get more rushing yards and tds out of mine. Your receivers are pretty good; so are mine. Why don't we leave it up to the other owners to tell us whether they'd rather have A. Johnson, Boldin, Amendola vs. Cobb, White, M. Austin. I'll go easy on you and call it a wash. Need I say anything about your defense, especially in comparison to mine? Really?
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2013, 6:09pm by Travistotle » Logged
FLESH
Head Coach
GBRFLer
# 66

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #454 on: Sep 15th, 2013, 4:53am »

Wow! Great comeback. If only the facts didn't get in the way:
  Truth is, I have multiple championships with some of these current league members. Granted it was during the Reagan years, but they still count.  
  Dwyer is listed on my lineup, but I don't have him genius. Guess I wasn't the only idiot that listed him in free agency. Gotta check that transactions page big guy.
 Daniel Thomas is my #6 RB. I think she lead the team in rushing last week
 Amendola, you know, the #3 guy on your elite roster, he's hangin' out with us the next 6-8 weeks watching the games.
  When EJ Manuel is your 2nd QB in that dynamic Bills offense, please don't say the likes of E.Manning and Luck are a "tick" better.
  Finally, a quick check of the standings...ahhh. Holy crap. I'm undefeated!!! Is there any doubt I'll run the table? I mean it's possible I could lose that week 12 matchup ( Daniel Thomas bye week) but that's a big maybe. Somehow by then I'll pry Dwyer away from Steg.
  Gosh, it sure is lonely here at the top. Gets so damn cold at this high altitude.Can't wait to get back to my nice warm cellar.

DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #455 on: Sep 15th, 2013, 9:29am »

on Sep 15th, 2013, 4:53am, Flesh is Fantasy wrote:
Gosh, it sure is lonely here at the top. Gets so damn cold at this high altitude.

Dave, do not feel too lonley at the top. I am 2-0 and will keep you company

Sadly though, since we are playing each other this week, one of us will incur a defeat. It was nice sharing the view with you for a week... I think you will enjoy the view from second place as well.
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2013, 9:38am by DirkDiggler » Logged

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #456 on: Sep 15th, 2013, 1:20pm »

on Sep 14th, 2013, 3:17pm, Travistotle wrote:
... Jonathan Dwyer, recently cut by the Steelers and re-acquired after the guys kept in preference to Dwyer couldn't even resemble an NFL running back.

Hey, now...
Travistotle
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '06
# 414

Semper Philosophans

View Profile

« Reply #457 on: Sep 15th, 2013, 2:47pm »

Wow! Great comeback. If only the facts didn't get in the way:
 Truth is, I have multiple championships with some of these current league members. Granted it was during the Reagan years, but they still count.

Ok. Meaning, in a prior league?

Dwyer is listed on my lineup, but I don't have him genius. Guess I wasn't the only idiot that listed him in free agency. Gotta check that transactions page big guy.

True enough. My point about Daniel Thomas still stands, notwithstanding this nonsense:

Daniel Thomas is my #6 RB. I think she lead the team in rushing last week

Bernard Pierce and Ronnie Hillman and Isaiah Pead are ahead of Thomas? Ok, if you want it that way. And that makes a difference how? Six of one, half a dozen of the other. None of those guys would even sniff the starting lineup on half the rb lineups in this league. The fact that Thomas led the Dolphins in rushing last week speaks only to the complete futility of their rushing game against the Browns -- let's call a spade a spade, and recognize that he ran 8 times for 14 yards and 1 td, and that that is probably as good as it's going to get for him this year. Awesome.

Amendola, you know, the #3 guy on your elite roster, he's hangin' out with us the next 6-8 weeks watching the games.
 When EJ Manuel is your 2nd QB in that dynamic Bills offense, please don't say the likes of E.Manning and Luck are a "tick" better.

I didn't say Manning and Luck were a tick better than Manuel. I said that, combined, your guys might be a tick better. Point is, Kaepernick will most likely be better than either of your two guys. Besides, Manuel is my 3rd qb, so . . . yeah.

Enjoy that high mountain air while it lasts.
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2013, 3:15pm by Travistotle » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #458 on: Sep 15th, 2013, 2:58pm »

Granted it was during the Reagan years, but they still count.

Indeed, are they not the only years that really matter?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #459 on: Sep 23rd, 2013, 4:41am »

on Sep 23rd, 2013, 12:56am, Travistotle wrote:
I surrender. Trout was right; I completely over-estimated my team.

If 3 weeks are any indication, turns out Kaepernick is a fraud, Doug Martin is mediocre, Spiller is a bust, MJD is toast, A. Johnson can't stay on the field, D. Amendola can't get to the field, and Mike Wallace is a bust.

What was ostensibly a roster with 3 top-16 running backs (and a fourth who was a starter) and with 4 top-30 wide receivers is in fact the following:

Average touchdowns per QB per game: 1.1
Average yards per QB per game: 225

Total RB touchdowns this year: 1
Average yards per RB per game: 62

Total RC touchdowns this year: 0
Average yards per RC per game: 47

Total touchdowns, all positions, through three weeks: 8. 8!!! That is not a typo.

Peyton Manning in week one had as many touchdowns as my QBs and RCs have had all year. Peyton Manning in two weeks has had more touchdowns than my entire roster has in three weeks.

This is, without doubt, the worst 3 weeks of fantasy football I've ever seen for one team. I really did think I had a team that would compete for a plaque; I really did think I had 2 elite RBs, 2 more starting RBs, a competitive QB crew, and a deep and solid set of RCs.  

What on earth is going on?

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #460 on: Oct 3rd, 2013, 9:18pm »

on Oct 3rd, 2013, 8:44pm, DOLFAN wrote:
Freaking ouch. I hope he is ok. That was nasty.

No ya don't, ya fuckface!  Just when I was warming back up to you...  Thank God I did not trade him to you, right?
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #461 on: Oct 17th, 2013, 7:37pm »

WOW, Frank is taking over the world.  
51-0 AWESOME

Someone take him down this week.

GO TONY, GO TONY, GO TONY!
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #462 on: Oct 17th, 2013, 10:44pm »

ROFLMAO...

unfreaking believable. all the way to the 1 yard line, then fall down. Loser!!!

IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '97, '00, '01, '11
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #463 on: Oct 17th, 2013, 10:56pm »

what do you expect, you own him, apple doesnt fall too far from the tree!
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #464 on: Oct 19th, 2013, 8:38am »

well, keep chasing those losers and their 7 sacks, 2 INTs, 22 pts and a whopping 288 yds given up...TOTAL yds, not passing.

those losers will win me some def categories this week, like last week.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #465 on: Oct 28th, 2013, 1:19am »

Just organizing...  This really should go here...

on Oct 28th, 2013, 12:08am, IbdFunk wrote:
YEAH baby! big wins barring a miracle from Russell Wilson. Now only if I can get some of my injured players back and get through these bye weeks. Happy Monday according to Warner.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #466 on: Oct 31st, 2013, 12:36pm »

I would have to be the first to lose to an 0-11 team.   Travis kicked my butt behind the Bengals defensive performance.  What pissed me off was I started the 49ers who only gave up 10 points and scored a TD.  Sadly, the Bengals gave up 9 points and scored 2 TDs.    

DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #467 on: Nov 3rd, 2013, 6:25pm »

I hope Nick Foles 7 TDs (and still going) today does not result in the same outcome for my team that Steg suffered earlier this year! I need Green Bay (Nelson, Boykin, and Lacey) to have a massive output Monday night, otherwise I am screwed.
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2013, 8:21am by DirkDiggler » Logged

IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #468 on: Nov 3rd, 2013, 8:39pm »

Go vent to your wife, who cares. I lost to and you don't hear me bitching to everyone. I told you all along 3rd place for you, why are you surprised? You have no idea how to win in this league but i will teach you for your first round pick next year ):
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #469 on: Nov 3rd, 2013, 11:30pm »

WOW!!! A hell of a Sunday night game.  

I hope Kubiak is ok

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #470 on: Nov 4th, 2013, 2:35am »

on Nov 3rd, 2013, 8:39pm, IbdFunk wrote:
... and you don't hear me bitching to everyone.

No, you never bitch...
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #471 on: Nov 7th, 2013, 1:33pm »

Hanging on by a thread. Need to get over these injuries for the stretch. I am possibly interested in a solid RB for my #1 pick next year if anyone is interested.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #472 on: Nov 7th, 2013, 4:14pm »

on Nov 7th, 2013, 1:33pm, IbdFunk wrote:
Hanging on by a thread. Need to get over these injuries for the stretch. I am possibly interested in a solid RB for my #1 pick next year if anyone is interested.

It is going to take more than a #1 pick for a RB

I am willing to trade #1 pick for a QB.  

DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #473 on: Nov 7th, 2013, 7:32pm »

I agree RBs are hard to come by this late in the year.  
I have Foster in my league, and sat him last week...just a gut feeling...then my #3RB was on a bye. I don't have WR injuries though thank goodness.

I also would be interested in giving up RB and/or WR and 1st for a better RB and/or WR.

DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #474 on: Nov 7th, 2013, 9:34pm »

I should have started Jordan Reed.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.