In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 17th, 2024, 9:32pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Trade Talks

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Featured Leagues
   GBRFL
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   Trade Talks
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Trade Talks  (Read 42549 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Trade Talks
« Reply #300 on: Oct 10th, 2018, 7:32am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

No, not interested in moving the #1 overall pick...

But, am interested in a little deal.  Would like to acquire an extra free-agent pick -- 2nd rounder is fine -- this week.  Would like to exchange it for a 2nd rounder next week.  If not next week, you can throw a different week at me, but some weeks are off limits for me.  Hit me up...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #301 on: Oct 10th, 2018, 10:24pm »

on Oct 10th, 2018, 7:32am, Stegfucius wrote:
No, not interested in moving the #1 overall pick...

But, am interested in a little deal.  Would like to acquire an extra free-agent pick -- 2nd rounder is fine -- this week.  Would like to exchange it for a 2nd rounder next week.  If not next week, you can throw a different week at me, but some weeks are off limits for me.  Hit me up...

I also have some hand-cuffers I would be cutting that some of you guys high in the standings might not mind getting your (grubby) hands on: Giovani Bernard, C..J. Anderson, as well as a handcuff of my own, Javorius Allen.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #302 on: Oct 11th, 2018, 3:48pm »

on Oct 10th, 2018, 10:24pm, Stegfucius wrote:

I also have some hand-cuffers I would be cutting that some of you guys high in the standings might not mind getting your (grubby) hands on: Giovani Bernard, C..J. Anderson, as well as a handcuff of my own, Javorius Allen.

Bernard would look good on my team again ..........   Check your texts......

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #303 on: Oct 14th, 2018, 4:15pm »

Once standings are finalized, I will be looking to move up in free agency picks.  Ideally, 1-3  
« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2018, 4:23pm by DirkDiggler » Logged

DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #304 on: Oct 17th, 2018, 6:56pm »

on Oct 14th, 2018, 4:15pm, DirkDiggler wrote:
Once standings are finalized, I will be looking to move up in free agency picks.  Ideally, 1-3  

Still interested in aquiring a top 3 free agent pick this week.....

DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #305 on: Oct 25th, 2018, 7:18pm »

My first round pick is available if anyone needs an extra pick this week.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #306 on: Oct 30th, 2018, 5:35pm »

Heyas, all...  Anybody interested in either RB Frank Gore or RC DeSean Jackson at a reasonable price?  Please, though -- I am bringing up the rear -- do not just try to take them from me.  They are both okay gets, especially during bye-week hell.  PM me here on "the Gridiron" or text me on my cell...  Thank you!
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #307 on: Oct 31st, 2018, 10:04pm »

If anyone needs an extra free agent pick this week with all the teams on byes, mine are available.   Either 1st or 2nd.  

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #308 on: Nov 2nd, 2018, 6:12pm »

Going to throw another one of those ahead-of-time, roll-the- offers out there... for Week 10...  Indeed, I have already been contacted about my anticipative #1 pick next week!

Unbelievably, based on an evidently gross misread as to the direction in which things were trending, QB Nick Mullens was not picked up this week.  Indeed, he frustratingly slipped through the fingers of FOUR particularly QB-needy teams: ME, Trout, Warner and Feder.

However, Mullens is MINE if EITHER I lose to Bohrer, which is obviously highly likely, OR in the off chance that I win, Travis and Frank win, as well.  Lots of paths to last place for me.  LOL!

If you want this guy and want to beat the crowd, roll the dice, and come and get the pick off me before Week 9's results are in.  You assume some risk, but you can get it off me now for perhaps a slight discount...  That said, I am in last place.  Make me a good offer, for God's sake!  Bottom line, I want the guy.  I am totally I did not go after him.  Indeed, I am one of those QB-needy teams... this week; it is just that I am pretty much out of the running this year, so I am willing to move him.  Albeit against a shitty team, he did look really good, and he plays another shitty team next week.

Also, on a relevant side note, I have C. J. Beathard and would be willing to toss him into the deal so that my trade partner is covered no matter what.

Other than that, other than free-agent picks because mine are probably going to be higher than yours the rest of the way, I am interested in anything of value...
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2018, 6:13pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #309 on: Nov 4th, 2018, 3:31pm »

on Nov 2nd, 2018, 6:12pm, Stegfucius wrote:
Going to throw another one of those ahead-of-time, roll-the- offers out there... for Week 10...  Indeed, I have already been contacted about my anticipative #1 pick next week!

Unbelievably, based on an evidently gross misread as to the direction in which things were trending, QB Nick Mullens was not picked up this week.  Indeed, he frustratingly slipped through the fingers of FOUR particularly QB-needy teams: ME, Trout, Warner and Feder.

However, Mullens is MINE if EITHER I lose to Bohrer, which is obviously highly likely, OR in the off chance that I win, Travis and Frank win, as well.  Lots of paths to last place for me.  LOL!

If you want this guy and want to beat the crowd, roll the dice, and come and get the pick off me before Week 9's results are in.  You assume some risk, but you can get it off me now for perhaps a slight discount...  That said, I am in last place.  Make me a good offer, for God's sake!  Bottom line, I want the guy.  I am totally I did not go after him.  Indeed, I am one of those QB-needy teams... this week; it is just that I am pretty much out of the running this year, so I am willing to move him.  Albeit against a shitty team, he did look really good, and he plays another shitty team next week.

Also, on a relevant side note, I have C. J. Beathard and would be willing to toss him into the deal so that my trade partner is covered no matter what.

Other than that, other than free-agent picks because mine are probably going to be higher than yours the rest of the way, I am interested in anything of value...

It is looking like I am DEFINITELY going to lose, so... discounts are off the table.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #310 on: Nov 4th, 2018, 4:15pm »

on Nov 4th, 2018, 3:31pm, Stegfucius wrote:

It is looking like I am DEFINITELY going to lose, so... discounts are off the table.

It seems I am losing both my games this week, so I am putting myself in position for a better free agent pick myself.   DAM IT!!!  Bad decision after bad decision.    

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #311 on: Nov 4th, 2018, 7:56pm »

To anyone interested in an intriguing yet puzzling player, the versatile Taysom Hill, who of course received his least usage this week when he entered my lineup, is available (as I have pretty much convinced myself not to mess around and just make the safe move and pick up Mullens next week).
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #312 on: Nov 5th, 2018, 8:48pm »

If anyone needs a bye week QB,  Osweiler is available.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #313 on: Nov 9th, 2018, 2:28am »

DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #314 on: Nov 9th, 2018, 3:25am »

on Nov 9th, 2018, 2:28am, Stegfucius wrote:

Wholly crap.........   U traded a wr to Bohrer who has 10 TDs this year and ranked #1.    And as a bonus he got Ingram who is a free agent at the end of the year.    

You must love Cooper's upside and think David Carr is going either really blossom under Gruden or get  traded/cut.

Wow.  

« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2018, 3:29am by DirkDiggler » Logged

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #315 on: Nov 9th, 2018, 4:44am »

on Nov 9th, 2018, 3:25am, DirkDiggler wrote:
Wholly crap.........   U traded a wr to Bohrer who has 10 TDs this year and ranked #1.    And as a bonus he got Ingram who is a free agent at the end of the year.    

You must love Cooper's upside and think David Carr is going either really blossom under Gruden or get  traded/cut.

Wow.

Here comes all the unfair and unbalanced, downright unhinged analysis...  I do not even have the energy to argue with such one-sided, fake news... even though it is easy to counter.  After all, I unfortunately do not have much of a leg to stand on here in late years.  I guess Warner is going to be my next Feder.  Ugh...
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2018, 4:50am by Stegfucius » Logged
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #316 on: Nov 9th, 2018, 7:30am »

on Nov 9th, 2018, 4:44am, Stegfucius wrote:

Here comes all the unfair and unbalanced, downright unhinged analysis...  I do not even have the energy to argue with such one-sided, fake news... even though it is easy to counter.  After all, I unfortunately do not have much of a leg to stand on here in late years.  I guess Warner is going to be my next Feder.  Ugh...

Lol, I promise not to be Feder.  And please dont tell me you give any credence to 'fake news' bs.
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2018, 8:58am by DirkDiggler » Logged

IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '97, '00, '01, '11
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #317 on: Nov 9th, 2018, 9:25am »

Yeah, great trade for DB, prob locked in another championship and more in the future. I hope at least Steg got back a 1st, that would be fair.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #318 on: Nov 9th, 2018, 11:05am »

on Nov 9th, 2018, 9:25am, IbdFunk wrote:
Yeah, great trade for DB, prob locked in another championship and more in the future. I hope at least Steg got back a 1st, that would be fair.

Steg does get back two young players who are going to be playing a long time.   Meanwhile, it does help Bohrer for the now.

DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '95, '98, '08, '09, '10, '13, '15, '17, '19
# 22

9X Ultimate Supreme Champion

View Profile

« Reply #319 on: Nov 9th, 2018, 1:30pm »

It pained me to give up Cooper.  I think he will be very good, maybe great, for many years.  But AB is better for the next 1-2 years.  So it made sense for both teams.

Who knows about Carr.  I thought having a Gruden QB meant great things ahead but they are overhauling that roster, meaning Carr is boom or bust.

I didn't lock in nothing yet.  There are several very good teams, especially Mark's team who had McCaffrey against me last night.  
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #320 on: Nov 9th, 2018, 3:12pm »

You ripped him off, whatever. Well done !  Dak blows, cooper who knows and you got Ingram back who is very good.  You gave up an ok qb and ok wr for a stud wr and a very good rb. Just saying but I am unreasonable , I know.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #321 on: Nov 10th, 2018, 7:54pm »

I DIGRESS...
    on Nov 9th, 2018, 7:30am, DirkDiggler wrote:
    And please dont tell me you give any credence to 'fake news' bs.

Uh,... yeah...

on Aug 3rd, 2018, 4:39pm, Stegfucius wrote:
    Must we all be zombies for the tendentious MSM...

The press, in theory, is, of course, NOT the enemy of the people.  HOWEVER, a corrupt, partisan press is, à la the old Soviet Union's Pravda, ABSOLUTELY the enemy of the people PRECISELY because we trust them to maintain their objectivity!

The intentional conflation and equivocation by the MSM regarding "immigration", "the press" and on and on and playing dumb and coy when it comes to the declarations and policies of the Trump administration is downright diabolical.

Beyond partisan indoctrination, we should be able to agree...  Without necessarily being disparaging, lying is part of the job description of a politician; even though degree, frequency and subject matter matter, lying is baked in the cake of politics and, indeed, government.  BUT, lying on the part of the mainstream-media establishment detectably in favor of one political party is deleterious to the country; this includes hyperbole, tendentiousness, obsequiousness, obstinance, willful ignorance, censorship, and so on.  It should not be the case that there is virtually no daylight between the rhetoric of the overwhelming number of mainstream media outlets and the modus operandi of a political party.  Just leave your browser home page set to http://www.msn.com/, and let the cleverly crafted, one-sidedly partisan indoctrination wash over you every time you open a new browser window.  That such overt media bias prevails should send shivers up our spines.  That it is not sending shivers up our spines sends shivers up my spine.

on Nov 9th, 2018, 11:05am, DirkDiggler wrote:
Steg does get back two young players who are going to be playing a long time.   Meanwhile, it does help Bohrer for the now.

That is more fair and balanced, though, of course, not thorough (no one should expect it to be -- it is just that the commenter ought to be aware of that, too).

As for Danny, he takes the opportunity to trash-talk as an invitation to stupidity.  The cherry-picking of facts, self-contradictions, and total lack of self-awareness and thoughtfulness (in both senses) are absolutely breathtaking (this, Steve, is what I detected in your initial knee-jerk, Feder-esque response), and he unfortunately has absolutely no clue that it is insulting, tiresome and a huge turnoff and, indeed, an obstruction to friendship.

Emotionalism unchecked by reason leads to irrationality.  C.S. Lewis could not have said it better, huh, Travistotle?  But, I digress...

Case in point, no, Danny, Amari Cooper for your, in all likelihood late, 1st rounder is NOT a "fair offer" that you should consider as you just stated it is and you would in your reply to my making you the offer last night.  That is according to whom?  According to YOU!  If Cooper and Carr (and his 1st-round free-agent pick, which netted me Benjamin) are so much worse than Brown and Ingram (in the long run, not just for this year, as -- knock, knock -- this is a deep keeper league) that I should have also received a 1st-round draft pick, then, since you did "a favor" for me and offered me your, likely late, 1st rounder for AB, how can Amari for your 1st rounder be a "fair offer"???  The point is that this is all just tiresome nonsense, and that is why people are disinclined to engage in trade talks with you.  And, FYI, I was not serious about the trade offer.

on Nov 9th, 2018, 9:25am, IbdFunk wrote:

Yeah, that newly acquired 30-year-old RC and 29-year-old RB are the keys.  Funny, when I got AB, he was done.  Now, he -- along with Ingram, whom I could not even have given to Danny -- is the key to future championships.

on Nov 10th, 2013, 10:15am, DirkDiggler wrote:
I wanted to revisit the wisdom of Mr Feder and what you would be entitled to if you were to trade a pick to get his awesome advice.  Call it a reference if you will.

Right before the season started, I was berated over the the course of at least a week by Mr 'i am not calling you doctor' Feder for not making a deal with him.   I was stupid, never going to win, etc.   (I am the first to acknowledge I have not won and please, save your commentary or opinion 'that I never will.)  The deal was going to put me over the top according to Danny....

The deal was:

My 1.2, 1.8, Tannehill, and Colston

for  

Arian Foster, Matt Flynn.

First, lets take a look at what I would of received in the deal.   Arian Foster, yes, he has a good name, but he lived up to his hype again of  injured.  OUT for the SEASON again.  I would of had a running back who played in 7 games, 542 yards, and a TD and would be out for the rest of the year.  Definitely helping my championship run.    

And then there is Matt Flynn, who could not beat out Tyrelle Prior or McGroin.  And then he could not beat out Thad Lewis or Jeff Tuel in Buffalo.   Even though Danny assured everyone he would be the starter in Oakland.    (he MAY end up recovering in Green Bay but who knows.)

On my side of the deal, I used the 1.2 for Eddie Lacey.  1.8 for Zac Stacey.  Colston is having a down year I will acknowledge.  But Tannehill is having a better than decent year.  8 games, 2000 yards and 11 TDs.  

In summary, I sure am disappointed I did not listen to Danny.   I sure miss not having 2 players on my team who are not playing!!

Here, here...  You suggested to reference it.  I too wish I had gotten Bortles OR Tannehill for AB!  Anyway, his reply to Steve...

on Nov 10th, 2013, 11:45am, IbdFunk wrote:
You can't predict injuries, injuries aside, Tannihill and Colton suck. You will lose to me today and still place third. It is amazing how I am doing so well with all of my players going down. You can keep ed lacy and zac Stacy and you will beat me in RBs today. But I will destroy you in wr, qbs, kicking and we will split df, you will lose, again third place, you want to bet?

If yiu had a clue how to win this league you would package a deal with one of those two and your shitty Tannihill for a stud qb, balance your team out. OH! Free advise! You do have stud rbs, your rest of your team sucks, live with that and watch them go down.

Funny how Feder berates others for not making the key trade to put their team over the top...1  How about taking your own advice?

1 See Feder's last couple seasons!
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2018, 8:48pm by Stegfucius » Logged
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #322 on: Nov 10th, 2018, 9:50pm »

How bout get your facts right dip shit, i don't think i ever had Colston on my team. My team is just fine, only thing screwing me is injuries.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #323 on: Nov 10th, 2018, 9:56pm »

on Nov 10th, 2018, 9:50pm, IbdFunk wrote:
How bout get your facts right dip shit, i don't think i ever had Colston on my team. My team is just fine, only thing screwing me is injuries.

Uh, your the other party.  You were trying to sell Foster and Flynn.    

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #324 on: Nov 11th, 2018, 12:52am »

AND, Steve went on to win a championship the next year...  Had he made the trade Danny was suggesting, he most certainly would not have.  You may not be a moron, Danny, but you are, as my dad would have said, a real piece of work.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.