In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 24th, 2017, 5:50am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron 2013 Summer Meeting & Draft

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Featured Leagues
   GBRFL
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   2013 Summer Meeting & Draft
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2013 Summer Meeting & Draft  (Read 3544 times)
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

Re: 2013 Summer Meeting & Draft
« Reply #25 on: Aug 11th, 2013, 6:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I sent out an updated draft picks grid via email today. If you did not get it let me know. It includes the most recent trades/prospots.

GO TONY, GO TONY, GO TONY!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #26 on: Aug 11th, 2013, 6:22pm »

on Aug 11th, 2013, 6:17pm, DOLFAN wrote:
I sent out an updated draft picks grid via email today. If you did not get it let me know. It includes the most recent trades/prospots.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Aug 11th, 2013, 7:35pm »

on Aug 10th, 2013, 10:14pm, StegRock wrote:
I will set up the FreeConferenceCall.com stuff and get you all the info on it for Monday's Draft Lottery and next Sunday's Meeting & Draft by e-mail soon. So, be on the lookout for that e-mail over the next 30 or so hours. Over and out...

I just a little bit ago e-mailed you all the info for our conference call... Check it out! See yous then!

I know not everybody has a vested interest in the Lottery, BUT the more people that show up the more effective will be our league banter. Also, we could do the Team Numbers. Because we often forget to do them on Draft day, the Lottery conference call would be a good time to get them done.

Anyway, REMEMBER protections are due TONIGHT before midnight (EST)!!!
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: Aug 12th, 2013, 7:48pm »

Draft Order:

Danny
Steg
Trout
Travis
Pak

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: Aug 12th, 2013, 8:14pm »

Team #  
1 Danny
2 Joe
3 Steg
4 Frank
5 Warner
6 Pak
7 Trout
8 Travis
9 Mark
10 DB

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: Aug 13th, 2013, 3:08pm »

on Aug 13th, 2013, 12:30pm, Drew Rosenhaus wrote:
Gentlemen, I have a slight challenge with the start time this Sunday that shouldn't cause any problems for the draft but might make me personally miss the first 1/2 hour to 45 minutes of the festivities. If that is the case, I will have one of my awesome daughters in place to make my 1st or 1st and 2nd picks without interfering with anyone's time.

Just wanted to give a heads up that I won't be able to join in until about 4:00 or 4:15 EST. Sorry about that.

On that note, for me, being in Hawaii, getting going a little later is music to my ears. Fact is, this year I believe the "meeting" portion of Sunday's festivities is going to be virtually nonexistent, and, indeed, I would prefer to start more like 10:00-10:15 a.m. Is that a problem for anyone?

On the other hand, Mark, just in case we start on the early side (we are all going to be chomping at the bit on Sunday to get this going, I am sure), a question for you... Since the "meeting" portion, almost the only thing to be done for which, IRONICALLY, is honor our league award winners and league champion (YOU), is going to go quick (even quicker if you are not present), your suggestion to have your daughters make your first pick or two does not mean that you plan to have them call into the conference call, right? That would be terribly awkward. I will probably not be picking until 10th at best, so you could give me a list for your first pick.
Drew Rosenhaus
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '93, '03, '07, '12
# 54

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: Aug 13th, 2013, 3:23pm »

on Aug 13th, 2013, 3:08pm, StegRock wrote:
...your suggestion to have your daughters make your first pick or two does not mean that you plan to have them call into the conference call, right? That would be terribly awkward.

Honestly, do you think I would subject either of my daughters to that horror?

I was planning on having them watch the draft board and then when my pick was up, they could make it for me. I am picking 7th in the first round so I really hope I am just missing that pick (if at all).

When you say 10 am Hawaii, that is 4 pm EST, correct?

She turned me into a newt!
A newt?
I got better. Burn her anyway!
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: Aug 13th, 2013, 3:28pm »

While I appreciate the Hawaii time issue- I would strongly prefer to get the draft going just so on the flip so we are not still drafting at 9pm-10pm at night.  The next day is a work day

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #33 on: Aug 13th, 2013, 3:32pm »

on Aug 13th, 2013, 3:23pm, Drew Rosenhaus wrote:
Honestly, do you think I would subject either of my daughters to that horror?

... Just making sure...

Quote:
When you say 10 am Hawaii, that is 4 pm EST, correct?

Yes (at this time of year -- fall back and it is five-hours difference)! And, yes, aside from the goriness of the phone call, the message icon indicates how I am going to look drafting before 10 in the morning.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #34 on: Aug 13th, 2013, 4:02pm »

on Aug 13th, 2013, 3:28pm, DirkDiggler wrote:
While I appreciate the Hawaii time issue- I would strongly prefer to get the draft going just so on the flip so we are not still drafting at 9pm-10pm at night. The next day is a work day

First off, it was not me in Hawaii making a fairly last-minute challenge to the start time! So, your "appreciation" is misdirected. I was just pointing out a further point of consideration from my personal perspective, but -- make no mistakes -- it was me who originally proposed a 9:30 a.m. start time for myself (3:30 p.m. start time for you all back East), which, as bad as staying up a little beyond 9:00 or 10:00 p.m. on a Sunday night might be, kind of sucks.

ANY-way, I do not think that 30 to 45 minutes is going to make a big difference. We are doing a conference-call/on-line administration. 4:00 to 9:00 or 10:00 is five to six hours. That is about or even less than what the "draft" would take us when we got together (again, not that I am not going to open the floor to comments and questions, but we have nothing really planned this year for the "meeting" portion). So, a start time of 3:45 to 4:00-ish should be fine. Also, you can leave a list with someone picking after you if you absolutely must check out. I pick last.

It is one day a year, guys, let's be a little loose and flexible. This is supposed to be fun!
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2013, 4:04pm by Stegfucius » Logged
DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '95, '98, '08, '09, '10, '13, '15
# 22

7X Ultimate Supreme Champion

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: Aug 13th, 2013, 5:34pm »

Anytime is fine Sunday. The later the better for me. Just please post time by Saturday so I can make arrangements.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #36 on: Aug 13th, 2013, 6:37pm »

on Aug 13th, 2013, 5:34pm, DB wrote:
Anytime is fine Sunday. The later the better for me. Just please post time by Saturday so I can make arrangements.

Be able to roll by 3:45-4:00, I would say.  Is that specific enough?
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #37 on: Aug 13th, 2013, 8:28pm »

Gentlemen...ahem...fellas, I made a mistake on the draft grid updated 8/7/13 regarding Trout/feder deal....That has been fixed and I will send out an updated correct draft grid shortly.

****** Please disregard the draft grid that Warner sent out dated 8/7/2013.******

Use the new one updated 8/11/2013.

I will send it out in an email shortly.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #38 on: Aug 13th, 2013, 8:54pm »

on Aug 13th, 2013, 8:28pm, DOLFAN wrote:
Gentlemen...ahem...fellas, I made a mistake on the draft grid updated 8/7/13 regarding Trout/feder deal....That has been fixed and I will send out an updated correct draft grid shortly.

****** Please disregard the draft grid that Warner sent out dated 8/7/2013.******

Use the new one updated 8/11/2013.

I will send it out in an email shortly.

Good catch, Joe! I see how you biffed. You reversed the picks. However, for the second extra compensation pick shouldn't Trout have gotten Danny's 9th-rounder, not Gonzalez's 8th-rounder (per their agreement as indicated on the "2013 Trades" thread and "Transactions" page)??? Those were Danny's "current" last two picks.
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #39 on: Aug 13th, 2013, 8:59pm »

Yes, I apologize!!!  
Great catch Steg!
I will fix and send out shortly updated for today.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #40 on: Aug 13th, 2013, 9:03pm »

on Aug 13th, 2013, 8:59pm, DOLFAN wrote:
Yes, I apologize!!!  
Great catch Steg!
I will fix and send out shortly updated for today.

Took care of it, Joe!  Do double-check it, though!
Drew Rosenhaus
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '93, '03, '07, '12
# 54

View Profile

« Reply #41 on: Aug 17th, 2013, 2:02am »

on Aug 13th, 2013, 4:02pm, StegRock wrote:

First off, it was not me in Hawaii making a fairly last-minute challenge to the start time! So, your "appreciation" is misdirected. I was just pointing out a further point of consideration from my personal perspective, but -- make no mistakes -- it was me who originally proposed a 9:30 a.m. start time for myself (3:30 p.m. start time for you all back East), which, as bad as staying up a little beyond 9:00 or 10:00 p.m. on a Sunday night might be, kind of sucks.

ANY-way, I do not think that 30 to 45 minutes is going to make a big difference. We are doing a conference-call/on-line administration. 4:00 to 9:00 or 10:00 is five to six hours. That is about or even less than what the "draft" would take us when we got together (again, not that I am not going to open the floor to comments and questions, but we have nothing really planned this year for the "meeting" portion). So, a start time of 3:45 to 4:00-ish should be fine. Also, you can leave a list with someone picking after you if you absolutely must check out. I pick last.

It is one day a year, guys, let's be a little loose and flexible. This is supposed to be fun!

Apologies for jumping in on this late...it was me, Steve W., that done F-ed up the time, not Steg. Hopefully I will not miss anything or worst case just my first pick. That said, I will have my daughters take my place on the site so the only hold-up will be Danny and Joe deciding where they would like to spoon each other.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

She turned me into a newt!
A newt?
I got better. Burn her anyway!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #42 on: Aug 18th, 2013, 6:09am »

on Aug 17th, 2013, 2:02am, Drew Rosenhaus wrote:
... so the only hold-up will be Danny and Joe deciding where they would like to spoon each other.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

'Tis the day and age in which we live that jest has to be followed by such Seinfeldian qualifications.  But, for Warner's sake, thank God you did so!  Don't want any calls into the ACLU!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #43 on: Aug 18th, 2013, 6:22am »

I will resend the conference call call-in number again here in a bit.

For the sake of redirecting some traffic through to the main boards on the site, I would like to do the Draft up "between the 20's". I hope none of you mind. Here is the link for the Draft thread: http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=56;a ction=display;num=1376817548.

Since we are doing a one-day draft, I do not feel the need to provide a "Commentary & Discussion" thread. The conference call and "the Gridiron" chatroom provide us with sufficient ways to comment and discuss. As I suggested in an earlier post, I think the chatroom is a great place for us to meet up as the Draft presses on and the conference call becomes unnecessary. The "Join Chat" link for "the Gridiron" chatroom is toward the very bottom of the forum index page: http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi. I say we try to gravitate toward there as the conference call wanes.

Alright, see yous in a bit, around 3:30-4:00 (EST)! ...
« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2013, 6:27am by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #44 on: Aug 18th, 2013, 9:29pm »

Another draft down...  'Tis my 25th!!!  GREAT time yet again!  Thank you all for participating and making it so! I will try to get the league web site updated tonight, so yous can enjoy on the morrow.  Over and out...
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.