In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 21st, 2017, 5:22am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron 2016 Summer Meeting & Draft

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Featured Leagues
   GBRFL
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   2016 Summer Meeting & Draft
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2016 Summer Meeting & Draft  (Read 2415 times)
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

Re: 2016 Summer Meeting & Draft
« Reply #25 on: Aug 17th, 2016, 6:54am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Aug 17th, 2016, 4:58am, Stegfucius wrote:
Heyas, fellas... So, I am going to go ahead and declare Labor Day Sunday, that is, Sunday, September 4th as our date for the 2016 GBRFL Draft. Barring any serious objections, I think that is it. Now, as for the start time, look, I would really like not to commence before 11:00 a.m. my time in Hawaii, which is 5:00 (EST). I am good with any time after that. So, what time do yous want to start up???

5pm is late. Let' start then .  While you don't want to start before 11am, I don't want to be doing this past 11pm.   It is a long weekend all ready.

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Art Vandalay
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '96, '05
# 11

Bow to the master

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: Aug 17th, 2016, 7:58am »

I rather 4:00pm but I can make 5 work. cause that's the kinda guy i am.

Why don't you just tell me what you want to see.
DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '95, '98, '08, '09, '10, '13, '15
# 22

7X Ultimate Supreme Champion

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: Aug 17th, 2016, 2:09pm »

I thought this would be in the evening, starting at like 7-8 pm.  I am fine either way but do prefer the later time.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: Aug 17th, 2016, 2:25pm »

on Aug 17th, 2016, 2:09pm, DB wrote:
I thought this would be in the evening, starting at like 7-8 pm. I am fine either way but do prefer the later time.

My concern is if we started 7 or 8, then us east coasters may be up really late.    

I would prefer 5pm

FLESH
Head Coach
GBRFLer
# 66

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: Aug 17th, 2016, 7:26pm »

Good with me. When are drops due? Can I drop an entire team?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: Aug 17th, 2016, 7:33pm »

We will, for one more year, table discussions about rules and such and just be drafting, so I do not see the 2016 Summer "Meeting" & Draft lasting much more than four hours, if that. Sans the rules discussion, we do not have to dillydally much on the conference call and can each get to making picks on one's own on the thread I set up. With the dissertation now behind me, in 2017 I see (me turning great attention back to "the Gridiron" and FantasyFootballer.com and, at any rate) us sinking our teeth into GBRFL rules and structural matters, some of which have been pending for years now. But, that is then; this is now. Monday is a holiday. Staying up past bedtime does not seem like it should be that big of a deal. We are talking one night here. That said, I do not see any of the times being considered causing anybody to have to be up beyond midnight. That is my...
« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2016, 9:17pm by Stegfucius » Logged
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #31 on: Aug 17th, 2016, 7:42pm »

I am fine with anything after 5pm as well.

GO TONY, GO TONY, GO TONY!
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: Aug 17th, 2016, 10:42pm »

My morning is starting super early for travel, so I would like to end by 11.   I would strongly prefer we start at 5pm.  

Your right it is one day a year, so let's start at a reasonable time for all.......11am Hawaiianand 5pm eastern.      

Already potentially doing this from a soccer field.  

Just my two cents.  Sorry for being so passionate I too have a lot of Shit going on in life .

IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '97, '00, '01, '11
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: Aug 17th, 2016, 11:01pm »

I thought it was only Steg that had craziness
Pakman
Head Coach
GBRFLer
# 65

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #34 on: Aug 18th, 2016, 12:12am »

5 p.m. works for me.  I'm assuming cuts have to be done by the Sunday prior
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #35 on: Aug 18th, 2016, 3:59am »

on Aug 17th, 2016, 10:42pm, DirkDiggler wrote:
Already potentially doing this from a soccer field.

Just my two cents. Sorry for being so passionate I too have a lot of Shit going on in life.

on Aug 17th, 2016, 11:01pm, IbdFunk wrote:
I thought it was only Steg that had craziness

I know shit.  I have been through shit.  This summer has made shit look like a sundae,... speaking of which, I think I have seen you two whiners in a movie with a cup. ... ...
Drew Rosenhaus
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '93, '03, '07, '12
# 54

View Profile

« Reply #36 on: Aug 18th, 2016, 10:57pm »

on Aug 14th, 2016, 11:09am, Drew Rosenhaus wrote:
Morning, gents. Huge congrats Dr. Stegifus. Amazing accomplishment and work to get where you are. Continue your work teaching these minds to be critical thinkers.

I am traveling Labor Day weekend, leaving Fri afternoon and then with family all Labor Day weekend. I am open to an online draft or making this Fri work.

Guys - sorry to barge back in on this - I can make Labor Day Sunday work, with a possibility that someone drafts from a list for me or that someone texts me all the picks and then I text back. My situation: I will be in New Mexico with family, not returning until Monday. I won't be with computer and will need to rely on my phone. If reception is weak, I will need someone to draft off a list.

Again, I will make that work if Labor Day Sunday is the best for everyone. If there is any chance of making an online version or a weekday leading to the weekend, that would be a much better option for me.

She turned me into a newt!
A newt?
I got better. Burn her anyway!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #37 on: Aug 19th, 2016, 5:03am »

Given Mark's situation, do we want to revisit Wednesday, August 31st?  I can start anytime after 5:00 p.m. (EST).  Travis, can you do something to make that particular Wednesday work?  Does anybody else have a problem with that?

If this last ditch effort to optimally accommodate all falls through, we are back to Labor Day Sunday...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #38 on: Aug 19th, 2016, 9:23pm »

I just spoke with Mark a little bit ago...  He said he could make ANYTIME after 3:00 p.m. Mountain time, 5:00 p.m. Eastern, work on Wednesday, August 31st.  Indeed, he even hinted that he could go earlier than that.

So, Travis, what about you?  Can you rearrange your August 31st just a bit so as to bump up an hour and a half to two hours from that 9:30 p.m. (EST) start time you were indicating?

And, you east coasters, how about you guys?  Weekday draft on the evening of Wednesday, August 31st work?  And, if so, before when would not be good for you?  And, what would be an optimal time?  Please reply at your absolutely earliest possible convenience!  Thank you!
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '97, '00, '01, '11
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #39 on: Aug 19th, 2016, 9:36pm »

I'm good for whatever. I like the evening draft, it will turn into a breakfast meeting for east coasters.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #40 on: Aug 19th, 2016, 9:42pm »

On the 31st, I am good anytime after 4pm Eastern Time on Wednesday.

DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #41 on: Aug 20th, 2016, 12:15am »

i can do the 31st as well, anytime after 3pm will work for me.  

GO TONY, GO TONY, GO TONY!
Travistotle
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '06
# 414

Semper Philosophans

View Profile

« Reply #42 on: Aug 20th, 2016, 1:57am »

on Aug 19th, 2016, 9:23pm, Stegfucius wrote:
I just spoke with Mark a little bit ago... He said he could make ANYTIME after 3:00 p.m. Mountain time, 5:00 p.m. Eastern, work on Wednesday, August 31st. Indeed, he even hinted that he could go earlier than that.

So, Travis, what about you? Can you rearrange your August 31st just a bit so as to bump up an hour and a half to two hours from that 9:30 p.m. (EST) start time you were indicating?

No, I can't make availability any earlier. 9:30 EST is already pushing it...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #43 on: Aug 20th, 2016, 4:20am »

on Aug 19th, 2016, 9:36pm, IbdFunk wrote:
I'm good for whatever. I like the evening draft, it will turn into a breakfast meeting for east coasters.

on Aug 19th, 2016, 9:42pm, DirkDiggler wrote:
On the 31st, I am good anytime after 4pm Eastern Time on Wednesday.

on Aug 20th, 2016, 12:15am, DOLFAN wrote:
i can do the 31st as well, anytime after 3pm will work for me.

on Aug 17th, 2016, 2:09pm, DB wrote:
I thought this would be in the evening, starting at like 7-8 pm. I am fine either way but do prefer the later time.

Okay, so given that Travis cannot budge, what about the flip side of the coin? When is too late? If my guesstimate of perhaps four hours is correct, then a 9:30 p.m. start time perhaps means a 1:30 a.m. finish time, Eastern time that is. At best, we are at least looking at not finishing until sometime after midnight. Remember that we are talking about Wednesday, August 31st. Thursday is a work day, after all...???

It seems at the moment that we are down to Wednesday, August 31st or Sunday, September 4th, and it seems like if we cannot get this LATE NIGHT Wednesday option to work, either Travis or Mark is going to get screwed.

Thoughts???
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2016, 4:21am by Stegfucius » Logged
DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '95, '98, '08, '09, '10, '13, '15
# 22

7X Ultimate Supreme Champion

View Profile

« Reply #44 on: Aug 20th, 2016, 6:41am »

I can make either day work, but enough already. Let's just pick a day already.  We always have situations where we have to call people to make picks or have someone submit a list ... every year.  No big deal.  

I think we should do it Labor Day Sunday.  Mark said he can make it work.  Plus, he is a good enough drafter to not need to be near a computer.  We all know he is taking Mark Sanchez and Brandon McManus anyway.  Plus, can you imagine how whiny Steve Warner is going to be if we start at 9:30 pm?  That is way past his bedtime.    
Art Vandalay
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '96, '05
# 11

Bow to the master

View Profile

« Reply #45 on: Aug 20th, 2016, 9:22am »

As the elder statesman here, I hate to admit that my body shuts down promptly at 10pm on weekdays. I cannot make that work and be functional at 5am on Thursday. I'd be willing to go ad late as necessary on Sunday but weekdays are not realistic. I can't start until 7 on a weekday.

Why don't you just tell me what you want to see.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #46 on: Aug 20th, 2016, 9:28am »

on Aug 20th, 2016, 6:41am, DB wrote:
I can make either day work, but enough already. Let's just pick a day already. We always have situations where we have to call people to make picks or have someone submit a list ... every year. No big deal.

I think we should do it Labor Day Sunday. Mark said he can make it work. Plus, he is a good enough drafter to not need to be near a computer. We all know he is taking Mark Sanchez and Brandon McManus anyway. Plus, can you imagine how whiny Steve Warner is going to be if we start at 9:30 pm? That is way past his bedtime.

Thanks DB, you summarized my thoughts correctly. If I had more confidence it would end any where near 1pm, I would say let's do it. And I think many east coasters would be joining Danny giving crap to people taking too long.  

I will embrace that wanting to start at a time that works for all (11am Hawaii, 2pm PT, and 5pm EST) and ends the draft in a reasonable time is 'whiny'. (even when starting at 5pm may actually have a negative impact on me)

« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2016, 9:41am by DirkDiggler » Logged

FLESH
Head Coach
GBRFLer
# 66

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #47 on: Aug 20th, 2016, 5:19pm »

I'm open to either option - 4p on 31st (which let's face it is probably 5:30) would be ideal on that day
Pakman
Head Coach
GBRFLer
# 65

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #48 on: Aug 20th, 2016, 6:49pm »

31st would be hard for me as well.  I'm currently in the process of moving and that is going to be the first week of work for me and I would still be in the process of unpacking and may not have Internet yet.  Labor day Sunday would be best for me. Apologies to anyone this is inconvenient for.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #49 on: Aug 21st, 2016, 3:40am »

Okay, I am declaring that the 2016 GBRFL Draft will be held on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend, that is, Sunday, September 4th with a (compromised) start time of 6:00 p.m. (EST).

(Sorry, Mark.)

This means that cuts/protections will be due by 11:59 p.m. (EST) on Sunday, August 28th.  Indeed, the thread by way of which to submit protection lists has already been set up: http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=53;a ction=display;num=1471626686.

As for the Lottery, some of you evidently want it to be held as soon as possible.  This upcoming Monday and Wednesday are going to be a bit hectic on my end.  So, the dates I am going to offer up for consideration are: this upcoming Friday, August 26th; the following Monday, August 29th; Wednesday, August 31st, or Friday, September 2nd.  Start time 7:00 p.m. (EST).  What date do yous want to go with?  We ultimately need three participants (including me), though I hope more of you decide to participate.  Including a little bullshit time, it typically takes only about 20 to 30 minutes.
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.