In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 23rd, 2017, 9:16pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Rule change

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Featured Leagues
   GBRFL
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   Rule change
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Rule change  (Read 279 times)
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '97, '00, '01, '11
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

Rule change
« on: Aug 7th, 2017, 4:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

We have been talking about allowing an injured reserve spot or two. The ryan tannihill injury is perfect example of why we need this in place. I have to hold a player entire year and take up a spot. This must be changed, stupid that we don't have this rule and it's not complicated although Steve will find reasons to complicate it. Anyway it's my issue and not anyone else's but it's a great example that could happen to anyone and should be put in place asap
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Rule change
« Reply #1 on: Aug 7th, 2017, 9:52pm »

Feel it! You have TWENTY-ONE roster spots. That is ELEVEN more than our starting lineups. Many,... most leagues have rosters of like fifteen, and, indeed, there is an argument to be made to reduce our roster sizes! Mind you, I am not going to make it. That said, I mean, if anything, for the sake of league parity, we do not need to be passing rules that allow the hoarding of MORE players. Bottom line, though, precisely given such a situation as yours right now with Tannehill (a real centerpiece to build a team around, mind you), it would be, quite contrary to your call that such a rule "should be put in place a.s.a.p." (gee, there is nothing self-serving there), really unseemly to pass such a rule that is immediately enacted. Whatever we would decide with "respect" to this (incessantly shortsighted proposal), it almost definitely would have to be for next year.
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2017, 7:48am by Stegfucius » Logged
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Aug 7th, 2017, 11:17pm »

Of course. Very predictable statement. I said it last year also. I'll be fine  but should be in place.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 8th, 2017, 1:46am »

on Aug 7th, 2017, 4:25pm, IbdFunk wrote:
We have been talking about allowing an injured reserve spot or two. The ryan tannihill injury is perfect example of why we need this in place. I have to hold a player entire year and take up a spot. This must be changed, stupid that we don't have this rule and it's not complicated although Steve will find reasons to complicate it. Anyway it's my issue and not anyone else's but it's a great example that could happen to anyone and should be put in place asap

Yeah, and you had White and Abdullah last year...

VERY predictable statement... yet again...

« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2017, 1:50am by Stegfucius » Logged
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 8th, 2017, 1:57am »

Yes Danny I remember you talking about it last year during the season. It never got discussed further since then, hence no vote/rule...and now Steg says its too late.  

I like idea of an IR rule, since we all have injuries., and would support it to happen for this year if we could, but since Steg says not this year...  
Maybe we could discuss/vote on it at the draft or sooner on here and if it passes to implement next season.

GO TONY, GO TONY, GO TONY!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 8th, 2017, 3:13am »

on Aug 8th, 2017, 1:57am, DOLFAN wrote:
Yes Danny I remember you talking about it last year during the season. It never got discussed further since then, hence no vote/rule...and now Steg says its too late.  

I like idea of an IR rule, since we all have injuries., and would support it to happen for this year if we could, but since Steg says not this year...  
Maybe we could discuss/vote on it at the draft or sooner on here and if it passes to implement next season.

Well, I did not say, "Absolutely not," to doing it this year. I said it would be "unseemly" (to do it in direct response to someone's just having lost a player for the year). I am totally willing to be democratic about it and call a vote right here before cuts are due at the end of the month. However, my vote is a "vociferous NO", and I will argue vigorously and rigorously against it.

In fact, I am also thinking we should consider reducing our roster size AND number of protections (for next year). I am thinking at most twenty roster spots and at most ten protection spots are enough, especially if we institute this cutesy little IR bullshit (which could only be borne in a "woe-is-me" mind that thinks only he endures injuries and no one else because, after all, if it is realized that it is everybody who has to deal with the same reality, then c'est la vie: we have TWENTY-fucking-ONE rosters spots and a whopping TWELVE fucking protection spots). Smaller rosters and fewer protections would increase league parity greatly! In contrast to what seems to possibly be "best" for an individual team (at a given moment in time -- unforeseen consequences be damned), such reductions are what would possibly be best for the LEAGUE as a whole. The IR thing does not address an egregious institutional injustice. At best, it is a little salve for that zit on your ass.
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2017, 7:47am by Stegfucius » Logged
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Aug 8th, 2017, 6:20am »

For the record, I am so against this IR rule. If you want to keep Tannehill, protect him. If you don't, drop him. Adding IR essentially gives a person who has an injured player an extra bonus roster protection spot. That is nuts.

Injuries are not new. You actually have to make a decision. Oh, potentially adding it for THIS YEAR is total bs.

« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2017, 6:21am by DirkDiggler » Logged

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Aug 8th, 2017, 10:03am »

It needs to be voted on, i dont care about this year, i just gave Ryan T as an example, he is a bum anyways. Warner, if this was EZ you be all for it so you can shut the fuck up bitch!
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Aug 8th, 2017, 11:03am »

on Aug 8th, 2017, 10:03am, IbdFunk wrote:
It needs to be voted on, i dont care about this year, i just gave Ryan T as an example, he is a bum anyways. Warner, if this was EZ you be all for it so you can shut the fuck up bitch!

Not true.   I have kept many a players on my roster that have been injured.....OR I have cut them.   12 protection spots in plenty!  

We all have to make the same tough decisions.   I have to decide about Garcon, Burkhead, or Doctson for my #12 player.   Or, I have to decide to trade for a protection spot.    

My ask is you stop whining every year about the same thing.

IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Aug 8th, 2017, 11:14am »

Fuck off.. How is that for whining.
DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '95, '98, '08, '09, '10, '13, '15
# 22

7X Ultimate Supreme Champion

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Aug 8th, 2017, 1:10pm »

I am open to considering these ideas but I think the league is fine the way it is now. I agree that 21 roster spots allows for someone to carry an injured player to two if necessary. For me to vote in favor of making a change to an IR spot or to reduce the roster size, I would need to be convinced as to why this is necessary and, as of now, I don't see it.
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2017, 1:11pm by DB » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Aug 9th, 2017, 6:22am »

on Aug 8th, 2017, 10:03am, IbdFunk wrote:
Warner, if this was EZ you be all for it so you can shut the fuck up bitch!

No way...  That is not in Steve's character.  We all have our character flaws, but that is definitely not one of Steve's.  I have never seen him try to seek remedies for his team's weaknesses via rules suggestions.
Drew Rosenhaus
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '93, '03, '07, '12
# 54

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Aug 9th, 2017, 8:18am »

No go for me. I like the fact you have to be creative if you want to keep someone on your roster.

She turned me into a newt!
A newt?
I got better. Burn her anyway!
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Sep 2nd, 2017, 3:47pm »

I would like to propose a rule change.  

Can we make it kickers and defenses cascade going forward?

I am sure there is a reason why the current no cascading rule has been established, but in the end, it seems to have bitten quite a few people.  

A lot of people including me at times, do not check matchups.  If someone lists a defense that is on a bye week, I am all for having the next in line defense become the starter.

For kickers I know it could be a little more complex. If a kicker misses 4 field goals and all of the extra points attempted, then the kicker scores zero even though the technically played. There are two remedies I see, the first is that it would just cascade because they scored zero. The other is to say if a kick was attempted at all, it counts as start. To keep it simple, I would propose to go with the first one. I don't think this will come to light too often because who the hell is going to carry two kickers? And if they are, more power to them.

At the end of the day, I think the benefits of changing the cascading rule has more benefits than cons.
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2017, 3:54pm by DirkDiggler » Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.