In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 18th, 2017, 5:09pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Faulk vs. Dillon & Horn

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand...  Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Red Zone
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Back Judge, Head Linesman, Field Judge, Referee, Line Judge, Umpire)
   Faulk vs. Dillon & Horn
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Faulk vs. Dillon & Horn  (Read 347 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Faulk vs. Dillon & Horn
« on: Aug 28th, 2002, 7:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I recently received an e-mail from Albert J.  His question was... "should I trade Corey Dillon and Joe Horn for Marshall Faulk?"  This is my answer...

Faulk is the type of guy who can reasonably get 1,300 to 1,400 yards rushing or more with 10 to 12 TD¡¯s and another 800 to 1,000 yards receiving with another 6 to 10 TD¡¯s.  Good case scenario, Dillon may go for about the same rushing yardage and maybe around the same number of touchdowns, but he is not much of a threat as a receiver, maybe 200 to 300 yards or so at best and nothing you can bank on regarding TD¡¯s.  Horn, I really like this year, do not get me wrong.  I think a 1,400+ yard, 10-TD performance may very well be in the cards.  The deal seems kind of close, but, hell, with just one player, Faulk, you get roughly 70% or so of the stats the other two, Dillon and Horn, will produce TOGETHER.  I would go with the ¡°maximize each and every one of my roster spots¡± technique here, i.e., I would rather have Faulk and, let¡¯s say, Kevin Johnson, Johnnie Morton, Jerry Rice, Amani Toomer or James Thrash than Dillon and Horn.

Anybody else have a take?
Razzak
GM
# 1

Go 9ers

View Profile Email

Re: Faulk vs. Dillon & Horn
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28th, 2002, 4:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'd agree.  Faulk is worth a first and second rounder in most leagues.  Looks like you're giving up a late first and early third.  Also, I wouldn't be high on Dillon this year with the massive workload he had last year.  Look at what happened to George/Lamar Smith/Edge after their massive workload seasons in 2000.  Regardless, Dillon's #7 in my projections but I'm gonna try and avoid him unless he falls far.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.