In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 3:59am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Surprisingly, Jamal Lewis is not on Injury Report?

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Red Zone
(Moderators: Line Judge, Umpire, Replay Official, Referee, Side Judge, Field Judge, Head Linesman, Back Judge)
   Surprisingly, Jamal Lewis is not on Injury Report?
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Surprisingly, Jamal Lewis is not on Injury Report?  (Read 408 times)
Drugrunner
Assistant Coach
# 14

View Profile Email

Surprisingly, Jamal Lewis is not on Injury Report?
« on: Sep 4th, 2002, 10:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am shocked that Lewis isn't listed as Probably at the very Least.  I think it is going to be a long season for him and the Ravens.

Unfortunately, His Backup is nothing to get excited about from a FF perspective.

RB Chester Taylor, Baltimore

Although Taylor has an outside chance to be featured, he really shouldn't be looked at this year unless you have limitless roster room. There are better options to go for over Taylor. For our purposes in Fanasy, Taylor is a Stop Gap. Has just average size and lacks great long break away speed. Is not overly elusive. Does not run that well to the outside. Has generally been used as an outlet reciever, so you don't know how well he can catch the ball with his back to the QB. Has had problems with Fumbles and injuries in the past, including cronic ankle problems. Poor blocking technique which should also limit his opertunities. Can't get on the field unless Lewis stumbles. Is on a poor offensive team if he does get to the field.  

There are just way too many unanswered questions about him to use up a valuable roster spot at this time.

Because of this, He isn't really be worth mentioning except he has a decent chance to get on the field. I wouldn't pick him up over a lot of other players, but I am keeping him in mind, and if he shows me something, my opinon might change. For now though, only pick him up if all the other options are gone. I won't pick him up, but I will be watching him.

16 team Dynasty League in it's 13th year. NOW THAT's FANTASY!
KBBFL Draft Site
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Surprisingly, Jamal Lewis is not on Injury Rep
« Reply #1 on: Sep 5th, 2002, 6:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I think everyone's best bet is to avoid anything related to the Baltimore Ravens this year.

Jamal Lewis has had almost no
work during the preseason and is questionable at best coming off a serious injury.

Todd Heap is a legitimate talent, but who is going to throw him the ball?

Travis Taylor?  Brandon Stokely?  'Nuff said...

Ray Lewis is still attractive if you draft individual defensive players, but the defense as a whole is decimated.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.