In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 1:12am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron I have a WDIS question, Would you help me?

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Red Zone
(Moderators: Side Judge, Umpire, Referee, Line Judge, Back Judge, Head Linesman, Replay Official, Field Judge)
   I have a WDIS question, Would you help me?
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I have a WDIS question, Would you help me?  (Read 313 times)
Drugrunner
Assistant Coach
# 14

View Profile Email

I have a WDIS question, Would you help me?
« on: Sep 14th, 2002, 7:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

TD ONLY LEAGUE, NOT YARDS, ONLY TDs COUNT.  ALSO, I AM MOST LIKELY GOING TO LOSE THIS WEEK, I NEED SOME BIG PERFORMANCES AND ALL THE RIGHT PLAYS TO PULL OUT A VICTORY

First Question:
I need to start either Tom Brady or Trent Dilfer.  Now, this seems like a No brainer.  Brady is coming off a Hot week, and Dilfer is Scheduled to start, but might not even play.  Here is what is tricking me:  

Dilfer plays very weak Defense Arizona finished the 2001 season ranked 21st in passing yards allowed. Even worse, they finished 25th in quarterback fantasy points allowed and 24th in both wide receiver and tight end fantasy points allowed. To open the 2002 season, the Cardinals made Shane Matthews look like a top six quarterback as he threw for 327 yards and 3 TDs.

Brady plays good defense  The excellent Jets pass defense ranked 5th in passing yards allowed, 2nd in quarterback fantasy points allowed, 2nd in wide receiver fantasy points allowed, and 21st in tight end fantasy points allowed. Drew Bledsoe opened the year with some success against New York as he threw for 271 yards and a TD.

So, first question, I plan to start Brady for a few reasons, am I really missing out on a great opertunity not starting Dilfer against the abismal Cardnials?

Second Question:
I need to start one of these 3 WRs.  Hiliard, Dyson, or Koren Robinson.

Hilliard faces a very tough D, and loses opertunities to Shocky and Toomer  The Rams finished 2001 as the 10th ranked defense in passing yards allowed. They were 7th best in wide receiver fantasy points allowed, and 13th in quarterback fantasy points allowed. In week one, the Rams employed the little used break-but-don't-bend pass defense as they gave up only 202 receiving yards but allowed 2 receiving TDs.

Dyson faces a neutral Defense, but loses to Mason  The Dallas pass defense finished the 2001 season ranked 1st in passing yards allowed, 10th in quarterback fantasy points allowed, 9th in wide receiver fantasy points allowed. The Cowboys should have dominated David Carr last week (and did a good job in allowing only 145 passing yards), but the rookie quarterback was able to connect for a pair of TDs. Not a good effort.

Koren Robinson faces an Easy Defense  Arizona finished the 2001 season ranked 21st in passing yards allowed. Even worse, they finished 25th in quarterback fantasy points allowed and 24th in both wide receiver fantasy points allowed. To open the 2002 season, the Cardinals made Shane Matthews look like a top six quarterback as he threw for 327 yards and 3 TDs.

So, Second question, I have just thrown Hilliard out, and that puts me between Dyson and Robinson.  I plan to start Dyson, because there are too many questions around Seattle.  Who would you start?

I guess everything could be summed up like this:   Should I try and take advantage of the Arizona Defense by starting some risky players, or play it safer, try and get some points, but even then, it might not be enough to win?

Any thoughts?

16 team Dynasty League in it's 13th year. NOW THAT's FANTASY!
KBBFL Draft Site
Drugrunner
Assistant Coach
# 14

View Profile Email

Re: I have a WDIS question, Would you help me?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14th, 2002, 8:04pm »

And then, there is this big place in my mind that is saying

I would seriously consider taking the chance with Dilfer. I mean, c'mon. It's not like he's going to get touched with that defensive line. Unless Shaun Alexander bumps into him, he should stay upright (and healthy) all day. Brady's a safer play, obviously, but you've already conceded loss unless the planets align, and that's where starting Dilfer comes in. Along with that, I'd also start Robinson.

AAARRRRGHHHH!!!!

KBBFL Draft Site
Drugrunner
Assistant Coach
# 14

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 14th, 2002, 8:08pm »

Here is what I am thinking.

Brady for sure, But then I've started checking various updated Cheatsheets which all seem to have Dilfer at 16, and Brady at 20 this week. That makes me think?

And at WR, I am planning to go with Dyson, But the Cheetsheets I've been looking at basically have Hillard (Who I really wouldn't think of starting) at 36th, Robinson at 39th, and my planned start Dyson at 51st?

Am I losing out on some much better opertunities here?

KBBFL Draft Site
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 14th, 2002, 8:56pm »

I think Dyson is the best choice at WR.  McNair should be able to throw on Dallas and it is likely that Mason will see more double-teaming than Dyson.

QB is a different situation.  I'd probably play it safe and go with Brady.  We know Brady will play the whole game.  Who knows who get all the snaps in Seattle.  Besides, with a weak Arizona D, I'd be willing to bet Holmgren will call a majority of the plays for Alexander anyway.
bgsgfan
Red Zone Master
GBRFL2er
CBFL Champ - '03
# 18

He ain't on the all-time list because he's pretty.

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 15th, 2002, 3:28am »

Basically, you are saying that without big-time luck you will lose.  In this type of situation why play it safe?  Wait until last minute and go with dilfer if it still looks like he will start.

For WR I'd go with Robinson.  Sure Dallas sucks - but that does not mean Ten will air it out.  In fact, probably just the oppostie.  Besides - this gives you a shot to have that WR-QB combo thing going for you.

Good luck!

11/20/04 - Buckeyes salvage season by stomping that team from up north. (Posted 11/14/04)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.