In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 22nd, 2017, 5:04pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Lions Team Report

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Red Zone
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Back Judge, Head Linesman, Field Judge, Referee, Line Judge, Umpire)
   Lions Team Report
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Lions Team Report  (Read 35735 times)
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

Re: Lions Team Report
« Reply #25 on: Jul 28th, 2012, 9:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jul 28th, 2012, 4:32am, StegRock wrote:
Fantasyfootballers, it is officially time to hit the panic button on this situation... From "The REAL Feed":

Jahvid Best enters Detroit Lions training camp on PUP list
NFL.com (27.07.2012 16:53)
Detroit Lions running back Jahvid Best has been put on the active physically unable to perform list.

This whole RB situation in Detroit is a mess.   Leshoure is coming off injury, Kevin Smith has had his moments, Keiland Williams is in the FB position, Joique Bell out of Wayne State is a deep sleeper, and then there is Jerome Harrison (yes, the same Jerome Harrison from the Browns and Eagles).    

I am not sure what the hell Detroit is thinking.  Last I checked, Cedric Benson is still available.   While he is 29, he is less injured then the young 'potential' they have on their team and still ran for 1000 yards last year.   OR Ryan Grant is also available.  He is a strong blocker to help protect Stafford.
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2012, 9:56am by DirkDiggler » Logged

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #26 on: Jul 28th, 2012, 1:43pm »

on Jul 28th, 2012, 9:47am, DirkDiggler wrote:
This whole RB situation in Detroit is a mess. Leshoure is coming off injury, Kevin Smith has had his moments, Keiland Williams is in the FB position, Joique Bell out of Wayne State is a deep sleeper, and then there is Jerome Harrison (yes, the same Jerome Harrison from the Browns and Eagles).  

I am not sure what the hell Detroit is thinking. Last I checked, Cedric Benson is still available. While he is 29, he is less injured then the young 'potential' they have on their team and still ran for 1000 yards last year. OR Ryan Grant is also available. He is a strong blocker to help protect Stafford.

Yea, yea, yea...  Yadda, yadda, yadda...  They ain't lookin' elsewhere, and it ain't gonna be the scatback nor the kb-muncher , both of whom have considerable if not downright career-threatening injury situations, nor any of the other scabs you listed, who either have their own serious health concerns, have proven to be plodders, or are on the team only because they are coming out of the local "football factory" known as Wayne State.  We all know who is going to emerge out of this group, not Best the RB, but the best RB.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: Aug 15th, 2012, 8:59am »

on Jul 28th, 2012, 1:43pm, StegRock wrote:

Yea, yea, yea... Yadda, yadda, yadda... They ain't lookin' elsewhere, and it ain't gonna be the scatback nor the kb-muncher , both of whom have considerable if not downright career-threatening injury situations, nor any of the other scabs you listed, who either have their own serious health concerns, have proven to be plodders, or are on the team only because they are coming out of the local "football factory" known as Wayne State. We all know who is going to emerge out of this group, not Best the RB, but the best RB.

According to Cedric Benson, the Lions DID try to sign him:

http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/08/13/12/Benson-chose-Packers-over-Rai ders-Lions/landing_packers.html?blockID=775087&feedID=5069

After the large group of reporters surrounding Benson had left, he told FOXSportsWisconsin.com that both the Detroit Lions and Oakland Raiders had attempted to sign him prior to the Packers calling.

"Both teams that needed backs," Benson added.

But those situations just weren't right for him.

"They talk about a Super Bowl around here, not about winning their first playoff game," Benson said earlier in the interview.

« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2012, 8:59am by DirkDiggler » Logged

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Aug 15th, 2012, 3:48pm »

Well, Double D, Benson's rhetoric notwithstanding, that is not what his weak contract with Green Bay would suggest...

But, anyways,... back to the future... in more ways than one,... especially for Kevin Smith and the Lions...  From "The REAL Feed":

A Rushing Revival
SI.com: NFL (15.08.2012 12:54)
The Lions tried to move on from Kevin Smith, but their plan for a new backfield hasn't worked. So it's up to Smith, suddenly Mr. Reliable, to carry the load in Detroit, Chris Burke writes.

Adding to that reality...

Jahvid Best reportedly could start season on PUP list
NFL.com (15.08.2012 14:58)
More problems for Jahvid Best. After starting just 15 games over two seasons, the Detroit Lions running back has yet to be cleared for practice and reportedly could start the season on the PUP list.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: Sep 26th, 2012, 8:10am »

WOW....talk about a RB dropping off the face of the earth.   Kevin Smith was not even spotted in the Lions game.   Even when LeShoure needed a break, Joqui Bell got the carries.    

I just do not get it.  

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: Sep 30th, 2012, 2:40am »

on Sep 26th, 2012, 8:10am, DirkDiggler wrote:
WOW....talk about a RB dropping off the face of the earth. Kevin Smith was not even spotted in the Lions game. Even when LeShoure needed a break, Joqui Bell got the carries.  

I just do not get it.

Here, here! I do not think there is a more prominent underappreciated player in the league. This guy is your starting tailback. He is the key to your Week 1 comeback win, scoring two touchdowns in crunch time, and then, Week 2, plays admirably against a stout 49ers run defense. What do you do? You do not just bench him Week 3 for a guy who has never taken a regular-season pro snap and is returning from a torn achilles, but you do not even give him one touch, and you lose the game. Meanwhile, Smith is, when healthy, one of the most versatile backs in the league, and there he is rotting on the bench. What a well-deserved loss! While Smith is still young enough, he should try to make his way to another organization.
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2012, 2:41am by Stegfucius » Logged
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #31 on: Sep 30th, 2012, 8:32pm »

They should trade him if they plan on treating him like this. He got flat out bitch slapped...but yet again look at his HC and we need to ask ourselves; is it really a surprise.
Looks like they are moving away from the injured Best and Smith for Leshore and Bell. They know what they have in Smith, maybe they want to see what Leshore can do and if he can hold up. He struggled today.

GO TONY, GO TONY, GO TONY!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #32 on: Oct 25th, 2012, 5:32pm »

RE: MNF

Mikel Leshoure and Joique Bell carry the evidently "hot potato" while Kevin Smith is deactivated!  Two scoring drives fumbled away by Leshoure and Bell...  Does anybody else think that Smith would have given/gives them the best chance to win? Lawdy, Lawdy... Schwartz needs to go!  He is obviously playing favorites!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #33 on: Nov 4th, 2012, 5:37am »

Hey, Jahvid, how is the Players "Union" (NFLPA) representing you???  Of course, they would claim they are protecting you... from yourself!!!

I DIGRESS...
    Take "taking risks" out of American society and you take away the American Dream.  Of course, we can thank the 20th-century proliferation of law schools for this mess.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #34 on: Mar 13th, 2013, 2:58pm »

Lions are Bushed,... but in a good way this time...  Currently atop "The REAL Feed":

Reggie Bush agrees to contract with Detroit Lions
NFL.com (13.03.2013 12:36)
Reggie Bush has agreed to terms on a four-year contract with the Detroit Lions, the team announced Wednesday.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #35 on: Jan 14th, 2014, 2:08pm »

Lions settle for Jim Caldwell as their next head coach after getting spurned by Whisenhunt... From "The REAL Feed":

Lions hire Jim Caldwell
SI.com: NFL (14.01.2014 11:52)
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2014, 2:08pm by Stegfucius » Logged
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #36 on: Feb 25th, 2015, 7:23pm »

Reggie Bush is cut.   Theo Riddick now has the back out of the backfield role in Detroit.    

What happens to Bush?  30 years old, and oft injured last year.   My guess?   Eagles or 49ers

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/after-release-from-det roit-lions--what-s-next-for-reggie-bush--223539293.html

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #37 on: Mar 9th, 2016, 1:58am »

Calvin Johnson files the paperwork...  At 30, and like Barry Sanders before him, hangin' 'em up.  From "The REAL Feed":

Lions WR Calvin Johnson retires
WSBT: LOCAL SPORTS  (08.03.2016 22:05)
Detroit Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson is walking away from the NFL and into retirement at age 30.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #38 on: Sep 19th, 2016, 9:30pm »

Abdullah's sprain could be serious; he could miss significant time... according to this LOCAL source rolling off "The REAL Feed":

Abdullah believed to have sprain; mum on Levy
FREEP: Football - Detroit Lions  (19.09.2016 17:58)
Running backs Theo Riddick and Dwayne Washington should play bigger roles against the Packers this week
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.