In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 13th, 2018, 1:42am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron keeper league runningback prospects

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Co-commissioner Services
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Red Zone
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Back Judge, Head Linesman, Field Judge, Referee, Line Judge, Umpire)
   keeper league runningback prospects
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: keeper league runningback prospects  (Read 687 times)
oncewasfourtwoOh
Tackling Dummy
# 694

free the weed!

View Profile

keeper league runningback prospects
« on: Aug 20th, 2010, 4:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hey all... hoping someone can share some insight on this years top rookie running backs. beyond the charger's ryan mathews I'm struggling to come up with a list. Thanks
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: keeper league runningback prospects
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20th, 2010, 10:28pm »

Heya, again, old friend!  Hope... As for your query, I must admit that from a fantasy perspective I am not high on this year's class of rookies, especially tailbacks, and that take was formed prior to Ben Tate's season-ending injury.  The rankings I posted a little bit ago would attest to that:  http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=55;a ction=display;num=1280628196.  I am not even all too high on Ryan Mathews despite his not having much in the way of competition for touches out of the backfield.  That is because I see that offense as in decay.  In my rankings, I have him at #21.  Next was Tate at #33.  At #37 is Jahvid Best, who I think is being way overrated.  What I'm reading from the pundits usually goes like this:  Best suffered a number of injuries during his college years and is now playing behind a suspect o-line in Detroit, but he is explosive and a potential big playmaker.  Kevin Smith, if healthy, will be the workhorse, but Best is the better guy to target on draft day.  Huh?  Then, they go on to rank Best, among running backs, at like #15 and Smith at like #60.  What?  Look, I understand the health concerns regarding Smith, but, since when do you rank the "workhorse" #60 but the speedy, shifty rookie complementary back #15?  That's, at least, somewhat bassackwards.  Next is Montario Hardesty at #43.  Given his injury and the camp time he is missing, the continued solid play of Jerome Harrison, the (I have thought all along inevitable) reemergence of,... uh,... remember... all the way back to last year's rookie sensation James Davis, and just the general concern with a reeling team, I see him at this point at best (having a season only) on the fringes of fantasy relevance.  Then, I had ranked at #46 C.J. Spiller, whose situation, with the injuries to Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch, has improved dramatically, and he's really taking the bull by the horns.  At this point, I actually think he may be the second-best of the bunch.  Other than that there is my sleeper, who I think could very well be good for 1,000 combined rushing, receiving yards and at least a half-dozen touchdowns.  That is,... the Southern Illinois University Saluki, Deji Karim of the Jacksonville Jaguars!  In terms of stature and style of play, he's MJD2.  Finally, I think Toby Gerhart has fringe fantasy value as a handcuff to Adrian Peterson and potential touchdown vulture.  How does that do ya, old 4-2-0?
oncewasfourtwoOh
Tackling Dummy
# 694

free the weed!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Aug 21st, 2010, 11:39am »

thanks man... still thorough and reasoned as always
oncewasfourtwoOh
Tackling Dummy
# 694

free the weed!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Aug 22nd, 2010, 9:56pm »

still missing the single most important stat for this years rooks. which one has the longest dreads ?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 24th, 2010, 12:10am »

on Aug 20th, 2010, 10:28pm, StegRock wrote:
Other than that there is my sleeper, who I think could very well be good for 1,000 combined rushing, receiving yards and at least a half-dozen touchdowns. That is,... the Southern Illinois University Saluki, Deji Karim of the Jacksonville Jaguars! In terms of stature and style of play, he's MJD2.

Huh...  Is this guy reading my stuff?  LOCALLY from "The REAL Feed":

Gene Frenette: Deji Karim gives Jaguars reason to smile
Jacksonville.com: Ultimate Jaguars (23.08.2010 20:37)
Due to a scheduling conflict with offensive line meetings, Jaguars guard Uche Nwaneri never got to watch special-teams practices in training camp. Now that he has seen for himself the electricity that Deji Karim brings to kickoff returns, Nwaneri's eyes light up. Seeing him this past two presea...

Sometimes I feel like the Deji Karim of the fantasy football media world.  The metaphorical comparisons just start with our respective attendance of Southern Illinois University.
oncewasfourtwoOh
Tackling Dummy
# 694

free the weed!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Aug 25th, 2010, 6:32pm »

thought I should mention that it appears as though deji karim also has a full head of dreads. move him up your lists fellas

Peace

Kirk
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 26th, 2010, 3:46pm »

Save for the surgery he just underwent... Here's that report from this LOCAL source on "The REAL Feed":

Jaguars Notebook: Deji Karim out after thumb surgery
Jacksonville.com: Ultimate Jaguars (25.08.2010 22:07)
The running back position is the latest to be hit by the rash of injuries that's plagued the Jaguars during training camp. Rookie Deji Karim suffered a thumb injury in last Saturday's preseason loss to Miami, underwent surgery Tuesday and will miss the final two preseason games. The Jaguars don...

BUT, anyway, I just wish Bernard Scott of the Bengals would get dreads, so we could dub him "Dread Scott".
oncewasfourtwoOh
Tackling Dummy
# 694

free the weed!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Aug 26th, 2010, 7:26pm »

wish it hadn't happened at all but doesn't sound too serious
deji( which means pure happiness) became my 4th rb on my 2010 12 team league
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2018 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.