In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 18th, 2017, 1:28am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Experts Getting it Wrong Columns

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Red Zone
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Back Judge, Head Linesman, Field Judge, Referee, Line Judge, Umpire)
   Experts Getting it Wrong Columns
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Experts Getting it Wrong Columns  (Read 1106 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Experts Getting it Wrong Columns
« on: May 22nd, 2015, 11:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Heyas, Gridironers!

As the old Stegger here is heading toward home plate on the personal professional endeavor which began in earnest over a decade ago, I am slowly, but surely turning an earnest eye back toward the future of "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com".

With this in mind, I am introducing a new feature here in "the Red Zone", a short occasional column called "Experts Getting it Wrong".  This will not just be mine.  It will be YOURS.  ANYONE is allowed to contribute!  Indeed, I see this feature as a possible conduit for recruiting a new stable of writers for a new generation on "the Gridiron".  Mind you, the doors are not closed to those of times long gone.

The great thing I see about this feature is that it is NOT labor-intensive and does NOT need to be overly time-consuming.  In fact, no regular schedule needs to be kept (you do one whenever something strikes you in a fantasy football "Experts Getting it Wrong" kind of way), and the presentations should be pithy, a couple paragraphs at most.  As others potentially reply, followup will be key.  This feature will give us all, who come together here on "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com", an opportunity to interact, mesh and become the strong fabric of the next generation on "the Gridiron" with some of the old sprinkled in.

The only requirements for "Experts Getting it Wrong" columnists will be following a simple headline template and using the standardized message icon.  Here are the details:
  • The "Subject" line is to follow this pattern: Experts Getting it Wrong No. ?: F. Lastname.  You will need to see what number we are on, and then list the player you will be addressing with first initial and last name (for team defenses/special teams, team name followed by a "D/ST", for example: Broncos D/ST).  Below is an example from the first column I have published.
  • The "Message icon" is to always be the magnifying glass: .  The name for it on the pull-down menu is "Upon further review..."
  • Finally, for the sake of neatness and organization of presentation of this feature, I reserve the right to edit your post, BUT ONLY for the above and egregious grammatical errors.  The content is YOURS.  YOU own it!

THAT IS IT!  Got an ax to grind against the so-called, self-proclaimed FF experts, here is your platform!!!

To see it all in action, here is a link to "Experts Getting it Wrong No. 1: C. Johnson": http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=55;a ction=display;num=1432350334.  Enjoy!

Out,
Steg
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Experts Getting it Wrong Columns
« Reply #1 on: Jun 5th, 2015, 5:55am »

Latest edition up...

"Experts Getting it Wrong No. 2: B. Quick": http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=55;a ction=display;num=1433495789.
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2015, 10:06pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 1st, 2015, 9:42pm »

Next up...

"Experts Getting it Wrong No. 3: C. Ivory": http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=55;a ction=display;num=1435801231.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 14th, 2015, 10:09pm »

Here is the next one in our "Experts Getting it Wrong" Series:

"Experts Getting it Wrong No. 4: T. Tebow": http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?action=dis play;board=55;num=1419215919;start=0#2.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 25th, 2015, 4:03am »

Another "EGiW" article is up...

"Experts Getting it Wrong No. 5: T. Montgomery": http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=55;a ction=display;num=1440489697.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.