In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 24th, 2017, 8:09am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Experts Getting it Wrong No. 2: B. Quick

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Red Zone
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Back Judge, Head Linesman, Field Judge, Referee, Line Judge, Umpire)
   Experts Getting it Wrong No. 2: B. Quick
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Experts Getting it Wrong No. 2: B. Quick  (Read 1052 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Experts Getting it Wrong No. 2: B. Quick
« on: Jun 5th, 2015, 5:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The world of "expert" fantasy football punditry seems not to know what to do with injured players. WR Brian Quick, the high upside, fairly clear #1 wideout for the Rams, is typically getting ranked in the,... eh-hem,... 50's or 60's. I have even seen him ranked in the 70's! Mind you, this is all among just wide receivers! In other words, that is behind other teams' #1's and 2's and some #3's! THAT is absolutely ridiculous!

It is all ultimately due to a, granted, severe injury that ended his, what was cooking up to be, breakout season last year. However, that injury was not to the lower body/extremities: the hip, knee, leg or foot. It was a shoulder injury. Yes, shoulders are intricate and delicate, and ligaments take a long time to heal. However, they tend to be of much greater concern to running backs, who much more frequently have to use their shoulders violently, than wide receivers. I suppose arm extension could be an issue, but, if it is healed, it is healed.

As long as he picks up where he left off, now with Nick Foles and not the bunch of garbage quarterbacks he was working with while he was BREAKING OUT last season, I do not see how he does not basically pick up where he left off, that is, on the significant rise. Look, if his injury is severe enough to derail his career, he is basically valueless (not even in the 50's, 60's or 70's of receivers, which incidentally is the point of meaningless rankings, anyway), but, if not, his ranking should easily be somewhere around 25 among wide receivers.

Agree/Disagree??? What are your thoughts about "Be Quick" this season???
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2015, 8:01am by Stegfucius » Logged
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

Re: Experts Getting it Wrong No. 2: B. Quick
« Reply #1 on: Jun 6th, 2015, 6:44pm »

Steg-

I think you are being way to overly optimistic.   I believe he is the #3 WR in St Louis now behind Kenny Britt and Tavon Austin.   Add in the fact that Jeff Fisher loves to run the ball-especially with his new RB and Tre Mason, and I think having Quick in the 70's for receivers is about right.    

He is entering his 4th year and he has a CAREER TOTAL of 833 yards and 7 TDs.   Why would he be on anyone's radar with career production #s like that?    And you are correct, he seemed to start off strong last year, but then he faded before the season ending injury.    

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 8th, 2015, 10:53pm »

on Jun 6th, 2015, 6:44pm, DirkDiggler wrote:
I think you are being way to overly optimistic. I believe he is the #3 WR in St Louis now behind Kenny Britt and Tavon Austin.

Well, Steverino, I personally have not seen Quick listed as the #3 anywhere.  He is not listed on the official Rams depth chart at all.  But, neither is Gurley at RB.  That is strictly because they are out, not participating in OTA's, due to injury.  (Really they are the anticipative #1's.)  But, anyway, Britt and Austin, talk about underachievers...  News out of OTA's is that Britt has looked good.  I think we have heard that many times before.  At the proverbial end of the day, Austin is a gadget player; the go-to guy is going to come down to Britt versus Quick.  My money is on Quick, and I do not even think it is close, providing he is really back to 100%.

Quote:
Add in the fact that Jeff Fisher loves to run the ball-especially with his new RB and Tre Mason, and I think having Quick in the 70's for receivers is about right.

Perhaps, a Fisher-coached offense cannot produce two 1,000+-yard receivers, but his Titans boasted teams with solid fantasy receivers: Derrick Mason comes right to mind.

Quote:
He is entering his 4th year and he has a CAREER TOTAL of 833 yards and 7 TDs. Why would he be on anyone's radar with career production #s like that? And you are correct, he seemed to start off strong last year, but then he faded before the season ending injury.

He did fade, BUT, full disclosure, it was against the stout 49ers and Seahawks defenses and with junk at quarterback.  He then sustained the shoulder injury after his first catch early in the game against the Chiefs.  So, Quick's stats over his final three games last season have to be greatly qualified.

Bottom line, if he is healthy, I think he will easily be a Top 30 wideout next season. I ultimately think more like in the 20-to-25 range.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 12th, 2015, 5:36pm »

Well, Evan Silva in his latest "Top 150" over at Rotoworld has Quick at #97.  That seems WAY more accurate to me than 60's or 70's just among wide receivers.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 14th, 2015, 4:00am »

FFToday actually has Quick ranked #90... among wide receivers.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.