In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 1:09am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Speculation on 2018 Free Agents

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Red Zone
(Moderators: Back Judge, Field Judge, Side Judge, Umpire, Replay Official, Referee, Line Judge, Head Linesman)
   Speculation on 2018 Free Agents
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Speculation on 2018 Free Agents  (Read 4102 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Speculation on 2018 Free Agents
« on: Jan 2nd, 2018, 4:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

In an offseason where it seems as though an inordinate number of teams will be looking to free-agency for solutions at key skill positions on offense, my 21-man, 12-protection spot GBRFL roster is loaded with ELEVEN 2018 would-be free-agents (that is over half my team), almost all of which are unrestricted.  Here are their statuses and my hopes based on reasonable expectations in accordance with semi-informed observations...

QB Case Keenum (UFA) - Expectation/Hope: 1. Vikings, 2. *Bills, **Steelers, 3. ^^Cardinals, Browns

QB Teddy Bridgewater (UFA) Expectation/Hope: 1. *Bills, ^^Cardinals, Broncos, **Steelers, 2. Browns, 3. Vikings (as the backup)

QB Sam Bradford (UFA) Expectation/Hope: 1. Broncos, 2. Browns, 3. ^^Cardinals, 4. Vikings, ***Dolphins

QB A. J. McCarron (RFA/UFA?) Expectation/Hope: 1. Browns, 2. **Steelers, *Bills, ^^Cardinals, 3. Bengals (as the starter), 4. Jets, ***Dolphins, 5. ^Redskins

QB Jay Cutler (UFA) Expectation/Hope (NOT MUCH): 1. ***Dolphins, 2. Browns, 3. **Steelers

RB Isaiah Crowell (UFA) Expectation/Hope: 1. Lions, ^^^Raiders, 2. !49ers, Buccaneers, Browns, 3. Texans, Dolphins, !!Patriots

RB Rex Burkhead (UFA) Expectation/Hope: 1. Patriots, 2. !!!Browns

RB Jamaal Charles (UFA) Expectation/Hope (NOT MUCH): 1. ^^^Raiders, 2. !!Patriots, Eagles, Lions, Colts

RB Eddie Lacy (UFA) Expectation/Hope (NOT MUCH): 1. ^^^Raiders, !!Patriots, 2. !!!Browns, Buccaneers

RC Davante Adams (UFA) - Expectation/Hope: 1. Packers, 2. 49ers, 3. Bears
(Signed to multiyear extension with Packers.)

RC Josh Gordon (ERFA) - Expectation/Hope: 1. Browns #(2. 49ers, Patriots, 3. Ravens, Bears)

*(If they move on from QB Taylor.)
**(If QB Roethlisberger retires.)
***(If they move on from QB Tannehill.)
^(If QB Cousins departs.)
^^(If QB Palmer retires/departs.)
^^^(If they move on from RB Lynch.)
!(If RB Hyde departs.)
!!(If at least one of the following RB's departs: Lewis, Burkhead, Gillislee and/or White.)
!!!(If RB Crowell departs.)
#(A move is unlikely as Gordon is an ERFA of the Browns.)

(I will edit in player updates right in this post!)

Feel free to comment on mine or share yours likewise (and feel welcome to use my formatting by quoting and then copy-and-pasting)...
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2018, 6:38am by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Speculation on 2018 Free Agents
« Reply #1 on: Jan 2nd, 2018, 7:03pm »

on Jan 2nd, 2018, 4:41am, Stegfucius wrote:
^^(If QB Palmer retires/departs.)

Well, as of this afternoon, this has already come to pass...  Still rolling off "The REAL Feed" (somehow??? -- to see what I mean by that click HERE)...

Cardinals QB Palmer announces retirement
The Sports Network: NFL (02.01.2018 18:06)
PHOENIX (AP) Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer is retiring after 15 NFL seasons.Palmer, who turned 38 last week, made the announcement in an open letter released Tuesday by the Cardinals. Palmer missed the last nine games of what would be his final season with a broken left arm.

I have adjusted the above accordingly!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 6th, 2018, 3:39pm »

Given the murmurs about Vikings' OC Shurmur's going to Arizona, I have included the Cardinals on my "mildly informed" wish list above for Bradford.  I have also added the Vikings for him.

In addition, I have added the Eagles as the "2b" option for Jamaal Charles given his having played for HC Doug Pederson.
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2018, 6:41am by Stegfucius » Logged
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 15th, 2018, 3:36pm »

Here are my guesses of the top free agents:

Kirk Cousins - Denver, Cleveland - Living in DC area, the never ending coverage of Kirk is sickening.  I think he wants to play in Denver, but the money in Cleveland just may be too tempting.

Le'Veon Bell - Pittsburgh tags him again.  (will he REALLY turn down 14-15 million dollars and sit out?  Me think not!)

Allen Robinson -  Jax, Buffalo, Oakland   I think Jacksonville will do all they can to keep him, but Buffalo needs another receiver

Sammy Watkins-   Oakland, Washington

Paul Richardson- Oakland, Los Angeles Rams

Jarvis Landry - San Fran, Cleveland,  

Case Keenum-  This is a tough one.   Minnesota, Arizona

Teddy Bridgewater-  Buffalo, Jacksonville

Sam Bradford - Arizona, Buffalo

Alex Smith - if released, Washington, Miami   Updated Feb 1-   Got this one right!

Josh McCown- Jets as starter, Cowboys backup

Isaiah Crowell-  Lions, Oakland

AJ McCarron - Cincinnatti, Miami,  

Dalton -   if released from his low cap hit contract- Washington to reunite with Gruden    Updated Feb 1-   Miami, Buffalo

Frank Gore-   Patriots, Cleveland (they could use his work ethic and leadership)

Taylor Gabriel-   Oakland, 49ers, Rams

[font=Verdana][/font]
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2018, 4:57pm by DirkDiggler » Logged

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 10th, 2018, 11:18pm »

Besides fantasy football, I am a HUGE Broncos fan (indeed, so much so that I, a Jersey kid, back in the day went all the way out to the University of Denver for college).  I say the following with every objective, rational fiber of my being...

The direction the Broncos should go in at quarterback in free-agency/the draft is to get... Case Keenum!  Compared to Cousins, Keenum can be signed for quite a bit less, like $6-10 million a year less, and for a shorter period of time, like one to three years.  This allows them to keep, sign, and draft (at #5) some other players at key positions, and leave the future at QB open such that they can see what they have in Chad Kelly and Paxton Lynch, both of whom it seems to be too early to give up on (in favor of yet another prospect in the draft).  And, really, how much of a step down from Cousins is Keenum, not fantasy-, but NFL-wise?
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2018, 11:43pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.