In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 23rd, 2017, 9:13pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron 1.09 and 2.02 picks

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   between the 20's
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   1.09 and 2.02 picks
Previous topic|No topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 1.09 and 2.02 picks  (Read 364 times)
Brian Griese,s Dog
Assistant Coach
# 8

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

1.09 and 2.02 picks
« on: Sep 1st, 2002, 9:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

6 point all td.s and ydg league.  faulk,warner,green,alexander,   williams,manning,moss and garcia will likely be taken.  I am thinking Holmes 1.09 and Culpepper 2.02.  team 7 will draft C-pepp in the 2nd round if I don't giving him a hook up with Moss.  What would you do?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: 1.09 and 2.02 picks
« Reply #1 on: Sep 1st, 2002, 10:58am »

I agree with you in the first, piglet.  I, too, would take Priest Holmes.  With your second pick, though, I would take Terrell Owens or Marvin Harrison if they make it back around.  QB's are deep and you can get a goodie later (no new, groundbreaking philosophy/advice there ).  If Owens and Harrison are gone and your league awards more for rushing touchdowns and yardage vis-a-vis passing TD's and yards, I would seriously consider taking Culpepper.  However, I also might consider guys like Curtis Martin or Corey Dillon.  Actually, given your sitch, at least two of the guys I mentioned, Owens, Harrison, Martin and/or Dillon will be available when you pick in the second.  So, no, I guess I would not be thinking Culpepper afterall.  But, agreed, he would be the next best QB.  I just think valuewise, you have to look elsewhere in the second!  Think about grabbing QB's like Brad Johnson, Brian Griese, Vinny Testaverde, Jake Plummer, Tim Couch, Rich Gannon, Drew Bledsoe or whomever you like, roughly in that range, in the fourth or fifth rounds and pair that pick up with a Michael Vick somewhere in the sixth through ninth rounds.  You'd be stylin' then! 8)
Brian Griese,s Dog
Assistant Coach
# 8

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 1st, 2002, 12:19pm »

Thanks much for the input.  A lot of food for thought there.  I have Griese and Bledsoe in the back of my mind if I do not take Cpep.
Razzak
GM
# 1

Go 9ers

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 1st, 2002, 12:30pm »

I can never justify taking a QB (other than Warner/Garcia) when there are top 10 RB's on the board.  Go with Holmes, and look for Dillon/A-Train/CuMar with that second pick.  Terrell Owens or Harrison would also be good there.  I wouldn't take Culp.  Bennett still hasn't proven anything, no reason to believe that O-line is significantly better, and Derrick "I strained my vagina in warmups" Alexander is not an improvement over Cry-Baby-Carter.  He's still top 5 on my board but he's not anywhere close to Garcia/Warner.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|No topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.