In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 21st, 2017, 8:52am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Please take a look @ my team

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   between the 20's
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   Please take a look @ my team
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Please take a look @ my team  (Read 355 times)
a_jor
Tackling Dummy
# 13

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile Email

Please take a look @ my team
« on: Sep 1st, 2002, 7:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This is the scoring format for my football league. There are 12 teams, and
15 players on each team.

Statistical Categories (Offense):
Passing Yards (50 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-2)
Rushing Yards (20 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (20 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2 Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)

Statistical Categories (Kickers):
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (4)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Point After Attempt Missed (-1)

Statistical Categories (Defense Teams):
0 Pts Allowed (10)
1-6 Pts Allowed (7)
7-13 Pts Allowed (4)
14-20 Pts Allowed (1)
21-27 Pts Allowed (0)
28-34 Pts Allowed (-1)
35+ Pts Allowed (-4)
Sack (2)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)

After some trades, and acquisitions off the waiver wire, this is how my team
looks:

(Starters)
QB: Donovan McNabb
WR: Chris Chambers, Marty Booker, Troy Brown
RB: Ahman Green, Anthony Thomas
TE: Jeremy Shockey
K: Jeff Wilkins
DEF: Tampa Bay

(Bench)
Peter Warrick
Koren Robinson
Muhsin Muhammad
Michael Vick
Kevan Barlow
Dallas

Can you please rate my team, telling me my strengths, weaknesses, etc.
And if it is not too much to ask, would you please go through each player
and tell me your thoughts on them.
I wouldn't mind if it takes you a bit longer to reply. I have time

Thanks
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

Re: Please take a look @ my team
« Reply #1 on: Sep 1st, 2002, 8:44pm »

Before I tell you about your team, I got to tell you that the scoring system is extremely unbalanced.  A few things stand out.  A sack is worth as much as an interception?  A field goal kicker seems to be more  valuable than a lot of running backs.  And if a QB has a 300 yard game they only get 6 points?  And a RB with 100 yards only is worth 5?

So, based on your league scoring, I would say that TD scoring is going to be key.

McNabb will not get you a ton of TD's.  As far as getting TD's, he probably will be middle of the pack.  My guess is you could trade him for another average QB and get an upgrade in running back.    Vick is a total wild card, but with his receiving corp, I don't think he will get many TD's either.

RB's--I think you need to re-evaluate your running backs.  Green is a definite fantasy stud.  However, your other running backs are not the ONLY TD running backs on the team.  Anthony Thomas will probably lose goal line carries to Leon Johnson.  And Barlow  is not even starting(yet).  I would definitely try to trade for a better TD scorer.  I am sure you could trade him for a running back who will not lose TD runs to another guy.  Try getting Eddie George, Ricky Williams, etc... If I was you, I would try to get the goal line scorers as a back up.  Allstot, Dayne, Wheatly all have potential to be major scorers in your league.

WR-- very average corp......

Kicker--  GOOD PICK.  He can boot the long ones and will get a ton of opportunities based on the Rams offense.  In your league kicker's will make a huge difference.

I would try to package McNabb and Anthony Thomas together for Faulk, or another stud running back with an average QB.  Good luck getting that trade done.  With no trade, you are a .500 team.

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 10th, 2002, 8:42am »

Finally, I am going to reply.  It is now post-Week 1!  I hope it isn't too late!  I have been just a little busy!

As for your team,...

QB's - McNabb and Vick are an excellent combo.  Might find yourself going with Vick more often than you think, though.

RB's - Assuming you start just two, awesome set.  Barlow will compliment Green and Thomas quite well off the bench.  Seems a little bit thin, though.  If a Jamel White-type player is still available in your league (this would have been better advice 10 days ago), you may want to pick him up and drop one of the many receivers you have.

WR's - Decent set!  I (guess I) concur with Dirk on this.  This is your team's weakest point, probably.  Still, though, I would drop one of them, like Muhammad or Robinson like I said above.

TE - You got a good one!  But, I think he is WAY over-hyped.  He is still a rookie, remember.  He may not fulfil what were your lofty expectations.  He's okay, though.

As for your Place-kicker and your Defenses, it's all good.  Wilkins is in what I would consider the top tier with about 2 or 3 others.  Tampa will be just fine and Dallas (Sunday night notwithstanding) will be a nice complement.
ugley
GM
# 52

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 10th, 2002, 12:33pm »

Looks solid to me.  Suggestion, keep an eagle eye on the Bengal wr.s.  Wrrick is on my bench also but I would not be surprised to see Johnson or Westbrook emerge as the # 1 at some point.  May be living in a fools paradise but the bengals could rebound.

I was framed, I never do nothin wrong but every time I get the blame, I was framed!!!!!
armchairlinebacker
Tackling Dummy
# 39

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 11th, 2002, 1:52am »

QBs - solid with McNabb and Vick as your backup
RBs - looks good with Green and Thomas, but as someone said before, might want to trade for a RB that has no chance of losing goalline carries like Thomas.  Also, you should probably get more depth too, if there are no starting RBs on waivers, go for some players that have a chance of taking the starting job, ie Duckett, Foster, Wells, J white, etc, or good backups to backs that might get injured (if there not taken already), ie L Jordan, S Mack
WR - ok starting group, but try trading for a solid number 1, like a Horn, Key Johnson, Rod Smith, T Holt type.  you have three very solid starting WRs but no clear number 1.  try bundling one of your starters with one or your bench WRs for someone with a top starter but not so solid WR2 or WR3. also, with your backups, get rid of one or two of them, if not by trade then just drop them, to pick up RBs like i said above, as RB depth is very important
TE, K, D: all solid picks, Dallas is good backup/fill in D when TB has bad matchups
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.