In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 18th, 2017, 3:19am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Who would you start

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   between the 20's
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   Who would you start
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Who would you start  (Read 382 times)
Brian Griese,s Dog
Assistant Coach
# 8

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

Who would you start
« on: Sep 4th, 2002, 6:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Mcnabb-Griese      Holmes-Mcalister-Pittman-Lewis    Harrison-D.Jackson-Coles-Burris   Heap-Dilger        Petersen-Nedney    Cowboys-Titans.    all td-6 pts. ydg. 1pt. 10 rush and rec. 1 pt. 20 passing.1 qb.2 rb.s, 3 wr.s te,k,def.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

Re: Who would you start
« Reply #1 on: Sep 4th, 2002, 7:59am »

QB--Greise--this is a tough call, but he will have to pass to keep up with the Rams.

RB--Holmes and Lewis--I would not start McAllsiter cause he is going against the Tampa D and Pittman still has a bum knee.  Jamal Lewis is going against Carolina.

WR--Harrison, Jackson, Coles--no brainer

TE--  Dilger--can Redman even through the ball to Heap?

K--Nedney--versus Eagles tough Def

Def--  Cowboys--They get to eat the Texans alive.  THey will have about 7 sacks with that poo-poo offensive line.

By the way, I would recommend dropping a TE and Defense and picking up some depth at Running Back and WR.  Bye weeks are going to kill you.

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Razzak
GM
# 1

Go 9ers

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 4th, 2002, 8:56am »

Same as above except:

McNabb:  Griese hasn't looked good yet, and McNabb is sure to put up points.

Holmes and McAllister:  Tough call between Lewis vs. Car or McAllister vs. TB, but I give McAllister the nod.  Tampa Bay's running D has been way overrated the last year.  Just run at Sapp all day.
Jay
Tackling Dummy
# 6

I love "the Gridiron"!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Sep 4th, 2002, 2:42pm »

McNabb

Holmes and McCallister

Harrison, Jackson, and Burress  

Heap

Nedney

Dallas

Good luck.
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2002, 2:42pm by Jay » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 5th, 2002, 8:29am »

piglet,

Sorry for replying so late.  I have been a tad busy. Anyway, I have not yet looked down the page, as I did not want my mind swayed.  Here is whom I would start:

QB - Donovan McNabb (I am Broncos homer, but Tennessee's defensive backfield is very suspect and St. Louis's defense is revamped for success.  Denver's is too, actually, and the game is in Denver.  How 'bout this?  Be surprised for an unexpectedly low scoring Broncos-Rams game. No more than 24 for either side.  My prediction Denver 20 - St. Louis 17!  Maybe even lower!)

RB - Priest Holmes & Michael Pittman (Holmes, you can't pull out.  Pittman will show his mettle against a dismantled Saints D.  Ignore the preseason and all the Alstott hype. )

WR - Harrison, Coles & Burress (Harrison, obvious.  Coles will find all kinds of holes in a porous Bills defensive backfield.  Don't like Jackson this week.  Go with the Steeler on his way to breaking out big-time!)

TE - Todd Heap (Might end up being the go-to guy in the passing attack in Baltimore.  Will shine in his starting debut against the paltry Panthers!)

D/ST - Cowboys (Come on!)
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2002, 1:27pm by Stegfucius » Logged
someone
Assistant Coach
# 31

Some day I'll be someone

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Sep 5th, 2002, 1:16pm »

I'd have to agree with Jay's advice.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.