In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 18th, 2017, 10:40am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Which WRs do I play

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   between the 20's
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   Which WRs do I play
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Which WRs do I play  (Read 506 times)
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '97, '00, '01, '11
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

Which WRs do I play
« on: Sep 10th, 2002, 9:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

In our league every week we need to start 3 WR. I do have Faulk which is a fourth but, I have Moss who is great and an O.K #2 in Kevin Johnson. For a third WR who do you think will be most consistant throughout the season.
Thrash,Hines Ward, Joey Galloway,....

Week in and week out I have no idea who to start. Any thoughts???
Drew Rosenhaus
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '93, '03, '07, '12
# 54

View Profile

Re: Which WRs do I play
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11th, 2002, 2:07am »

Hated to hear about your challenges at WR. I'll tell you what I would do - get new recievers. If your 3rd WR is Galloway, you are in big trouble.

She turned me into a newt!
A newt?
I got better. Burn her anyway!
bgsgfan
Red Zone Master
GBRFL2er
CBFL Champ - '03
# 18

He ain't on the all-time list because he's pretty.

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 11th, 2002, 4:07am »

on Sep 11th, 2002, 2:07am, Skcus_Redef_2 wrote:
Hated to hear about your challenges at WR. I'll tell you what I would do - get new recievers. If your 3rd WR is Galloway, you are in big trouble.

You misread Bandit's post.  One of the three wide receivers he has to choose from to be his third WR is Galloway (in effect Galloway could be his 5th WR).  

James Thrash will consistently be better than either Ward or Galloway.  He is easily the number 1 WR in Philly (a good passing offense) while Ward is the second receiver in Pittsburgh (or at best 1b) and Galloway is stuck in Dallas (did you see the Houston game - blech!).  There may be points during the season when either Ward or Galloway may deserve a start over KJ or Thrash depending on matchups, but there is enough of a gap there that you could just stick with those 3 (Moss, KJ, and Thrash) the entire season.

Contrary to what Skcus said (and he may have misread your post) this is a very good receiving corps.

11/20/04 - Buckeyes salvage season by stomping that team from up north. (Posted 11/14/04)
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '97, '00, '01, '11
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Sep 11th, 2002, 12:36pm »

Skcus-Redef  does have ADD. I know him personally, he is actually probably the worse fantasy owner around. Since he has never won anything before who is he to give advise.
Drew Rosenhaus
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '93, '03, '07, '12
# 54

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 11th, 2002, 6:59pm »

Whoa!!!! The worst fantasy owner around? And never has won anything? I beg to differ. First of all, I am THE proud owner of the very first GBRFL championship. Plus, I was a rookie coach doing it. Second, I have made some bad trades to be sure, making it possible for you to finally win your 'chips. Face it Bandit without me, you are just a bottom feeder in the league.

Now, back to your WR concerns. Like I said, you have big problems (especially when you face me this year). What I would do is draw a name out of a hat and start whoever you pull out, because it AIN'T GONNA MATTER. Crap is crap and that is what you are carrying. If you want a solid #1 receiver, let me know and we can talk.

She turned me into a newt!
A newt?
I got better. Burn her anyway!
muzz
Assistant Coach
# 51

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Sep 12th, 2002, 10:43pm »

Ward.........
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 13th, 2002, 9:53am »

on Sep 12th, 2002, 10:43pm, muzz wrote:
Ward.........

I suppose, "Bandit," you could ignore my advice thinking it is coming from a direct competitor of yours and, thus, might be tainted.  But, I honestly agree with muzz here.  I would actually ride out Ward and insert Thrash and Galloway only if need be... except when you play me, of course.  Then, just put in your scrubs!
Art Vandalay
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '96, '05
# 11

Bow to the master

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Sep 13th, 2002, 11:11am »

This week, I would recommend anyone you can come up with, that can keep up with Booker, Smith, and Conway.

Why don't you just tell me what you want to see.
Venom
Water Boy
# 19

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Sep 14th, 2002, 11:32am »

I'd say Thrash - at the moment, but I wouldn't give up on Galloway. He's a talented guy and I personally can appreciate a high priced WR volunteering for punt return duty. His numbers last Sunday, despite Carter, were not all that bad. Ward is at his best when he's blocking.
muzz
Assistant Coach
# 51

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Sep 16th, 2002, 9:29am »

Ward.................
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.