In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 21st, 2017, 12:42pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Fantasyfootballer.com gettin' a facelift!

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   between the 20's
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   Fantasyfootballer.com gettin' a facelift!
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Fantasyfootballer.com gettin' a facelift!  (Read 557 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Fantasyfootballer.com gettin' a facelift!
« on: Sep 29th, 2002, 7:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well, Fellas!

In an ongoing effort to bring "the Gridiron" and "Fantasyfootballer.com" (along with the "GBRFL", I suppose) into the limelight of the internet realm of fantasy football, I have given our home page http://www.fantasyfootballer.com a facelift, a new look more consistent with "the Gridiron"!  This should only serve to help the growth of both the forum and the site as a whole.  I am also cooking up another surprise for you all, something that should give us the opportunity to "expand" our horizons more easily/with less resistance.  So, if you have a chance, go on over and check things out at the home page, and be prepared for a real treat sometime this week.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

Re: Fantasyfootballer.com gettin' a facelift!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 1st, 2002, 3:27pm »

I like the look of the home page.  It fits nicely with THE GRIDIRON.  It looks very sharp!!!  I still wouldn't mind seeing the GridIron moved to Fantasyfootballer.com and GBRFL moved another site.  

As a GBRFLer, I will REALLY REALLY miss the buttons not changing between black and gray when something has been changed.  This is how I could always save myself some time and not have to always click on the link.

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Art Vandalay
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '96, '05
# 11

Bow to the master

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Oct 1st, 2002, 7:03pm »

Hey, wait a minute.  
I'm sure Steg has something in place for that. He would'nt leave us without or changing colors?? Right Steg??

Why don't you just tell me what you want to see.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 3rd, 2002, 1:48am »

Are you guys serious about this?  I mean I initially thought that the changing of the button colors when stuff changes on the according pages was a really good idea, but when I started to do the makeover, for some reason I began to think that it was a feature that was little-used or at least under-appreciated.  It was not something automatic.  I would go in and do it manually.  It was not a big job, by any stretch of the imagination, but it was extra minutae.  BUT, I liked the idea then and I still like it now.  I do have an idea as to how to go about it with the new look.  If you guys really want me to do it, I will do it.  I would like to hear a concensus if possible...
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Oct 3rd, 2002, 7:45am »

I am actually serious.  I love the buttons to change color.  I seriously saves me a tons of time.  Especially in the offseason.  I will go to the site to see if any trades went down.  In addition, during the sesason, I helps to know when the scores are updated.

One other question.....is everyone who comes to the GridIron getting the pop up saying that league fees are do?  If so, I would kill it.  That would be such a turn off to visitors.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 3rd, 2002, 9:05am »

Well, try what I did on for size.  It is Plan A.  If you think it is too subtle, tell me.  Obviously, if you cannot even figure out what it is, it is too subtle.  Tell me and I will give Plan B a try, but if Plan A here suffices, I would simply like to stick with it because I really like the appearance of the home page just the way it is and Plan B would definitely effect its look fairly noticably.
Art Vandalay
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '96, '05
# 11

Bow to the master

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 3rd, 2002, 9:15am »

I like it.
 Buttt... Shouldn't the colors work the other way. Green means new (GO on in) , Red means old (STOP, nothing more to see). Intuatively speaking of course.  

Why don't you just tell me what you want to see.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 3rd, 2002, 9:24am »

on Oct 3rd, 2002, 9:15am, WeinkeMaster wrote:
I like it.
 Buttt... Shouldn't the colors work the other way. Green means new (GO on in) , Red means old (STOP, nothing more to see). Intuatively speaking of course.

By the way, it is orange, not red.  And, it works on the same "changing-color" principle as before.  Now, think it through!  It couldn't work any other way, at least not with my doing it manually.  I do not yet know the technique to have it do that automatically and I have too much on my plate right now to deal with something this small.  I will take your suggestion under advisement, though, and we'll see if I can't figure out something come the offseason or sometime down the road.  In the meantime, as long as this did not seem too subtle, it should more than suffice, at least for the time being!
FourTwoOh
Fantasy Field General
# 10

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 3rd, 2002, 3:30pm »

on Oct 3rd, 2002, 7:45am, DirkDiggler wrote:

One other question.....is everyone who comes to the GridIron getting the pop up saying that league fees are do? If so, I would kill it. That would be such a turn off to visitors.

I don't recall ever seeing any pop ups, definately not lately, so, no, everyone is not.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Oct 3rd, 2002, 4:19pm »

I like the subtle change!!!  It makes life much easier.  THANK YOU!!!!!

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 3rd, 2002, 5:54pm »

DirkDiggler, I did remove that reminder about the league fee, at any rate, but along the lines of what FourTwoOh wrote, you get that pop-up ONLY when you visit our home page, http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/.  It does not come up over here.  Also, thank you for the words of support.  I thought it would be a sufficient solution, at least for now.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.