In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 23rd, 2017, 2:25am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Is anybody else fed the fuck up with Fanball?

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   between the 20's
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   Is anybody else fed the fuck up with Fanball?
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Is anybody else fed the fuck up with Fanball?  (Read 395 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Is anybody else fed the fuck up with Fanball?
« on: Oct 23rd, 2002, 6:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dudes, has anybody else out there checked out Fanball's "Bench the Stud" and "Start the Stiff" pieces... pieces of work, I should say.  These clowns have been WAY OFF almost every week in their recommendations/projections.  What the fuck gives? ??? I mean not even close and these guys are the biggest players in the game!  Benching a stud is generally a bad idea to begin with.  They actually admit that.  Then, why the fuck even mess with that fire? Its initial premise is false... it stems from a bad seed. They were doing so badly with it that last week they switched to recommeding a stiff to start.  They failed miserably again, recommending Jonathon Wells. This week, to use their own words, "by unpopular demand" they brought back "Bench the Stud".  They suggest benching Shaun Alexander against Dallas. Are these guys just glutons for punishment? I guess not as they make the most in the biz.  I say, "Bench the fuckin' FF Web Site" and my choice this week is Fanball.com. I am even tempted to rip them off of my "Great Eight FF Information Web Sites" list that I give at the Fantasyfootballer.com home page.  Professionals , gurus , experts ... fuckin' IDIOTS, who were just fortunate enough, i.e. had the right finances /computer know-how , to have gotten in on (the ground floor of) the internet boom. I know I am exhibiting an exorbitant amount of angst here , but this stuff is REALLY THAT BAD and they just laugh it off basically. If these guys were your stockbrokers, you would have fired them and probably sued them for malpractice.  Hmmmmmm... now that's an idea! Anyway, has anybody else noticed this fiasco?  And, does it piss you off, as well?
ugley
GM
# 52

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile Email

Re: Is anybody else fed the fuck up with Fanball?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23rd, 2002, 10:44am »

Steg, I would'nt know.  I have not been to fan ball since I started posting my concerns here.

I was framed, I never do nothin wrong but every time I get the blame, I was framed!!!!!
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Oct 23rd, 2002, 5:06pm »

I agree, Fanball's geature that you speak of sucks.  However, I will say that I like their information that they post in KFFL style on the right side.  It seems to be the more accurate of all the sites I go to.  That is about the only thing I even use it for.

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Razzak
GM
# 1

Go 9ers

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 24th, 2002, 12:57am »

on Oct 23rd, 2002, 5:06pm, DirkDiggler wrote:
I agree, Fanball's geature that you speak of sucks.  However, I will say that I like their information that they post in KFFL style on the right side.  It seems to be the more accurate of all the sites I go to.  That is about the only thing I even use it for.  

They hit on about 40% of their predictions, and 90% of those are "You should not bench Gonzo this week".  They're very, very bad.  However, I do enjoy Kamla's articles and the site layout/newsbreakers are nice.

I still visit because it's a professionally run site and they normally have good articles, even if their fantasy advice is abysmal.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.