In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 25th, 2017, 1:01am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Team Good-luck Charms & Peculiarities

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   between the 20's
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   Team Good-luck Charms & Peculiarities
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Team Good-luck Charms & Peculiarities  (Read 575 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Team Good-luck Charms & Peculiarities
« on: Mar 30th, 2003, 8:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just tonight, for whatever reason, it dawned on me that there is ONE PLAYER that I have had on my roster, including my end-of-season roster, of all of my (GBRFL) championship teams...

2002 Plummer Snakes

1999 BLACKSmiths

1994 Bladesrunners

...QB Jeff George!  Huh?  Good-luck charm/peculiarity?  I don't know, but it is a fact!

Have you guys ever noticed something similar in your owning of a fantasy football team?
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

Re: Team Good-luck Charms & Peculiarities
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 8:30pm »

I always have to have at least one Giant on my team. Doesn't matter who, although back in the day, I HAD to have crack head Lawrence Taylor on my team.

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 5th, 2003, 5:17pm »

Just "bumpin'" and grindin'... for the first time, though , without, of course, counting the "Gameday Weather" thread!

The point of the bump... would really like to hear some other responses!
Walker Boh
Fantasy Field General
# 34

It's ELWAY or the highway.

walkerboh74   joskojw
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Apr 13th, 2003, 12:10pm »

Well, this might be a bit off topic, but it came to mind when I read the post, so I might as well say it.  

It dawned on me during my baseball draft this season when I selected Barry Bonds... You see, I don't like Barry, but he was the best player available at the time, so I forced myself to draft him. This is the first time I've had him on my team and I'm having a hard time "learning" how to root for him. I can't help but think about the past 2 seasons when I had Jason Giambi as my first round slugger. Over that time period, I became a big fan of Giambi's and now I have mixed emotions when he does well, knowing that he's helping another team. Meanwhile, Bonds does well and I'm happy for my team, but I could care less about Barry and that takes away from my fantasy enjoyment.

Long story short, I want to be involved in Keeper leagues where you can keep a core group of players together and root for them year after year, instead of hoping you "luck out" and draft them each and every season. Maybe then I could have a good luck charm.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 13th, 2003, 3:09pm »

on Apr 13th, 2003, 12:10pm, Walker Boh wrote:
Long story short, I want to be involved in Keeper leagues where you can keep a core group of players together and root for them year after year, instead of hoping you "luck out" and draft them each and every season. Maybe then I could have a good luck charm.

I couldn't agree more! And, might I add, you came to the right place!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.