In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 21st, 2017, 8:53am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Nice FF Sites and Domains!

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   between the 20's
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   Nice FF Sites and Domains!
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Nice FF Sites and Domains!  (Read 21850 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Nice FF Sites and Domains!
« Reply #75 on: Mar 27th, 2004, 5:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Been pokin' around this stuff this afternoon, just for fun.  Any thoughts about the following domain names?  ...

FFInteractive.com
FFInformation.com

*4thand1.com

*(1stand10.com and 4thandgoal.com, which I was also looking at last year, have been scooped up! )

Any of the three worth picking up?
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #76 on: Mar 27th, 2004, 7:24pm »

on Mar 27th, 2004, 5:52pm, StegRock wrote:
Been pokin' around this stuff this afternoon, just for fun. Any thoughts about the following domain names? ...

FFInteractive.com
FFInformation.com

*4thand1.com

*(1stand10.com and 4thandgoal.com, which I was also looking at last year, have been scooped up! )

Any of the three worth picking up?

= You already have great domain names.  Those just don't do it for me.

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #77 on: Mar 27th, 2004, 9:23pm »

Thanks for responding, DD! Your take is duely noted.

Let me expand the list just a bit:

FFInteractive.com  
FFInformation.com  
4thand1.com  
FFInsider.info
FootballInsider.info
FootballInside.info
FFInside.info
FFInsideInfo.com
FFUnderground.com

Again, it's all about just affordably creating more potential avenues of getting the good word about "the Gridiron" out.
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2004, 9:29pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #78 on: Mar 28th, 2004, 9:33am »

I love 4thand1.com...

I'm not sold on the .info domain.  Sounds second-class to me.  FFUnderground.com is a nice one too.

Over time I think I've become most attached to (after fantasyfootballer.com) ffpro.com.
bgsgfan
Red Zone Master
GBRFL2er
CBFL Champ - '03
# 18

He ain't on the all-time list because he's pretty.

View Profile

« Reply #79 on: Mar 28th, 2004, 11:48am »

I agree with Philly about the .info domains.  The only reason I see to pick them up would be to protect your .com domains - it might be worthwhile to get fantasyfootballer.info.

Once again,  like Philly, I think FFunderground is catchy.

Just to prove that I am not a Philly clone, I use ffyi.com when not using my bookmark because it has the fewest keystrokes.

11/20/04 - Buckeyes salvage season by stomping that team from up north. (Posted 11/14/04)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #80 on: Apr 4th, 2004, 12:16am »

on Mar 27th, 2004, 9:23pm, StegRock wrote:
Let me expand the list just a bit:

FFInteractive.com  
FFInformation.com  
4thand1.com  
FFInsider.info
FootballInsider.info
FootballInside.info
FFInside.info
FFInsideInfo.com
FFUnderground.com

Again, it's all about just affordably creating more potential avenues of getting the good word about "the Gridiron" out.

Well, strike FFUnderground.com from the list.  Prompted by Jeff and Jeremy, I just went to recheck its availability and consider picking it up and it's been taken.  ACTUALLY, the site (not related to fantasy football; related, instead, to this video game "Final Fantasy") it is being used by has apparently been in existence for a couple years.  I guess the admin there was being lazy about his registration.  So, had I gotten it, I would have actually been "poaching" it as it is referred to "in the field".  I don't really want to do that to dudes, so... On the other hand, gotta remember the age-old (female shopping) adage, "Wait and forever be lost."  Oh, well!

Anyway, any more input on these domain names?  PLEASE...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #81 on: Apr 4th, 2004, 1:15am »

Well, as per my last post (of just about 1 hour ago), I may have lost FFUnderground.com, BUT my persistant research just PAID OFF BIG-TIME!!!

Something, I don't know what, made me look up FFQB.com again tonight for the hell of it.  I've looked it up in the past and it was NEVER available (which, by rights, it shouldn't be), though it was never an active site.  Well, it WAS available tonight, operative word being WAS!  It ain't now!  This awesome FOUR-LETTER .com is now ours!  I didn't even hesitate.  I didn't even want to risk it by consulting you guys here in public.  There is NO WAY FFQB.com should be available.  Oh, that's right...  It ain't! And, won't be for a while as I registered this puppy for three looong years!  What a coup! (And, Jeremy, who likes to use FFYI.com, you now have an alternate four-letter domain to put to use. )

To go with FFQB.com, I also acquired FFQuarterback.com and FantasyFootballQB.com for one year each.  I actually think FFQuarterback.com, in particular, is ALSO an EXCELLENT domain name.  I was VERY surprised it too was available and was hard-pressed to not register it for more than one year, but at some point I have to consider my thin (soon-to-be grad-school student) wallet.  As long as I don't completely fall asleep behind the wheel, it's no biggie, though.  Anyway, all in all, a GREAT night for FantasyFootballer.com, et al.!

Our three new domains here should be up and running by Tuesday.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #82 on: Apr 5th, 2004, 12:46am »

FFQB.com, FFQuarterback.com and FantasyFootballQB.com ARE ALL NOW LIVE... AND "POINTING" (people) IN OUR DIRECTION!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #83 on: Apr 25th, 2004, 1:37pm »

Guys, question...

Four of the domain names I own are up for renewal here very soon, as in I got to get on it this week.  One of them in particular I am not all too keen on, FootballInsiders.net.  I think I am not crazy about it because it is the only one that I own that is not a ".com".  I actually like 4thand1.com, which I mention above I may consider procuring, more.  Since I am still at the foot of the mountain of generating (anything you'd call significant in the way of) revenue, cutting costs is something I always have to have an eye toward.  Even if it's just a little bit, as I have mentioned before in other areas of the site, April through July are the high months for "paying the bills" around here, and given my wallet every penny counts and a penny saved is a penny earned.  So, is it worth getting rid of FootballInsiders.net to save the 10 bucks a year?  That 10 bucks (per year), though small, could go toward other costs or could go toward procuring a new domain name like 4thand1.com.  So, I suppose that is another way of looking at this question...  Which do you like more, FootballInsiders.net or 4thand1.com?  Ultimately, though, most importantly, do you think FootballInsiders.net is worth the 10 bucks a year to keep it?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #84 on: Apr 27th, 2004, 7:55pm »

on Apr 25th, 2004, 1:37pm, StegRock wrote:
Guys, question...

Four of the domain names I own are up for renewal here very soon, as in I got to get on it this week. One of them in particular I am not all too keen on, FootballInsiders.net. I think I am not crazy about it because it is the only one that I own that is not a ".com". I actually like 4thand1.com, which I mention above I may consider procuring, more. Since I am still at the foot of the mountain of generating (anything you'd call significant in the way of) revenue, cutting costs is something I always have to have an eye toward. Even if it's just a little bit, as I have mentioned before in other areas of the site, April through July are the high months for "paying the bills" around here, and given my wallet every penny counts and a penny saved is a penny earned. So, is it worth getting rid of FootballInsiders.net to save the 10 bucks a year? That 10 bucks (per year), though small, could go toward other costs or could go toward procuring a new domain name like 4thand1.com. So, I suppose that is another way of looking at this question... Which do you like more, FootballInsiders.net or 4thand1.com? Ultimately, though, most importantly, do you think FootballInsiders.net is worth the 10 bucks a year to keep it?

Guys, you have about at most 24 hours to respond to this.  As it stands now, in my mind, FootballInsiders.net is !
bgsgfan
Red Zone Master
GBRFL2er
CBFL Champ - '03
# 18

He ain't on the all-time list because he's pretty.

View Profile

« Reply #85 on: Apr 27th, 2004, 9:02pm »

My 2 cents-

".nets" do not impress me.  The only ones I'd consider in your shoes would be total slam dunks: fantasyfootball.net, (the)gridiron.net, fantasyfootballer.net; you get the idea.  FootballInsiders.net does not exactly make me hot and bothered.  Put the 10 bucks in your pocket, or use it somewhere else.

11/20/04 - Buckeyes salvage season by stomping that team from up north. (Posted 11/14/04)
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #86 on: Apr 28th, 2004, 6:40am »

There are a number of the domain names that I'd be hesitant to renew if I was making the call, and footballinsiders.net is one of them - for the same reasons bgsg mentioned.
The Juror
Head Coach
# 184

LT-None Better

View Profile

« Reply #87 on: Apr 28th, 2004, 6:47pm »

Just tossing some out there:

3rd and long
1st&Goal
FantasyFootballFactor

Play like a Champion!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #88 on: Apr 28th, 2004, 8:33pm »

I'll look into those, Keith, in due time (there is a big "but" here, though)...  BUT, get this, guys...  After all, I end up getting stuck with FootballInsiders.net for another year.  It's a long story as to why.  In VERY short, as Hostica, our web hosting company here, changed domain registrars, domain names registered before like June of last year have to be registered "manually" through them.  They called me about three weeks ago regarding this and the four domains of mine that were soon expiring, which included FootballInsiders.net.  At that time, since it was a non-committal situation, I just casually said that I was planning on renewing ALL of them and that I would get on it soon.  Since I actually got on it a bit late, they just went ahead and renewed all four of them.  So, the 10 bucks has not been saved.  I'm stuck with FootballInsiders.net for another year. And, to bring this around full-circle, since I did not get out from under that 10 bucks and I have a number of domain names as it is, I will be very reluctant to go purchasing any new ones. It would have to be a domain name that REALLY blew me away (or donations/sales at "the Gridiron Store" would REALLY have to start rolling in).  In any event, guys, note that it helps me and will surely make me more receptive if you first check the availability of a domain name before suggesting it to me.
KillerKingSting
Gridiron Great
# 183

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #89 on: May 5th, 2004, 7:31am »

What about FantaCityFootball as a name?? Just thought I would throw that out there. You could actually have the whole web site as a "city" so to speak , navagation through the streets, different areas of shopping, etc etc...... Used to be one of my team names ; FantaCity Stat-Cats   ;  anyhow, for whatever its worth   theres my 2 cents at this time in the morning!

*BEE BYE BOE BUM!!; I SMELL THE STENCH OF SOME INSANE PLAYER SCUM.
*2004 CHUMP-ION of Insane World!!!!!
*Domination of the DUKE BEEgins right here!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #90 on: Jun 1st, 2005, 11:29pm »

Just an update to this important (albeit god-forsaken ) thread...  I have officially finally jettisoned the domain FootballInsiders.net.  Just thought I'd update yas.  All other domains that I procured remain in the fold.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #91 on: Apr 6th, 2006, 12:22am »

Again, shaving some expenses...  I decided not to renew the registrations for FantasyFootballQB.com and FFQuarterback.com.  Don't think we got much (traffic) out of them, actually.  Anyway, just updatin' yous...
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #92 on: Apr 7th, 2006, 3:00pm »

on Apr 6th, 2006, 12:22am, StegRock wrote:
Again, shaving some expenses... I decided not to renew the registrations for FantasyFootballQB.com and FFQuarterback.com. Don't think we got much (traffic) out of them, actually. Anyway, just updatin' yous...

Do you have stats on which ones you actually get traffic from and how much traffic it is?  

Honestly, I don't even know how many you have now, but it would probably be best to stick with one (fantasyfootballer.com) as the main one that is the most heavily marketed one and a few others (ffpro.com, ffqb.com, ffyi.com, etc.) that are catchy and could be used for other sideline ventures in the future.

I don't know that mass accumulation of domain names is a good strategy to drive traffic to the website unless they are being actively marketed.  Save some of that money from the domain names and put into a SEO consultant and it will be money much better spent.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #93 on: Apr 7th, 2006, 8:53pm »

on Apr 7th, 2006, 3:00pm, Philly wrote:
Save some of that money from the domain names and put into a SEO consultant and it will be money much better spent.

Don't know what an "SEO consultant" is, but, in any event, you mean ALL $19.90 (at least for the two domains I just jettisoned)??? Whatever an "SEO consultant", they mustn't earn very much...

Ultimately, I only have nine domains:  the eight I listed way back on May 29th of 2003 + FFQB.com.  That's it!
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #94 on: Apr 7th, 2006, 11:05pm »

SEO=Search Engine Optimization.  An SEO consultant helps get a website located closer to the top of the lists on google, yahoo, etc.  And yeah, it would probably take a bit more than $19.  Like I said, I didn't know how many domain names you still owned and have no idea what you're paying yearly for them.
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #95 on: Apr 7th, 2006, 11:07pm »

on Apr 7th, 2006, 3:00pm, Philly wrote:

Do you have stats on which ones you actually get traffic from and how much traffic it is?

Hostica should provide you with information on which domains are getting the most hits.  If there are some that aren't pulling their weight, it might be time to cut ties with them (unless you have specific plans for a side venture using that domain in the future, of course).
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #96 on: Apr 7th, 2006, 11:39pm »

on Apr 7th, 2006, 8:53pm, StegRock wrote:
$19.90

Quick correction... $17.90!

on Apr 7th, 2006, 11:07pm, Philly wrote:
Hostica should provide you with information on which domains are getting the most hits. If there are some that aren't pulling their weight, it might be time to cut ties with them (unless you have specific plans for a side venture using that domain in the future, of course).

Thing is, Jeff, I currently have all that stats stuff shut off on all the domains. The log files and all the other databases and stuff that go with that end up taking up A LOT of space and had been in fact putting me over my resource limits (on hard-disk space specifically). ... The way I see it,... I see the "bottom line" anyway right here in front of my eyes. ... And, $8.95 times 9 isn't what's "holding us back". ... Creatio ex nihilo is a tough one to pull off... People even deny it of God. I am, albeit a bit slowly, pulling it off here. In that slow and steady process, however, I am developing just the kind of solid foundation of good guys I want. It will serve us well in the long run. ... It's just a bit ironic I'm saying this here on this thread (moreover, in light of recent correspondence I've had with one of our newest "old-timer" members, who has not yet revealed himself, and the demise of that league of his). I had said WAY back (directly to, among others, you), "5 to 8 years is what we're lookin' at to get to the promised land, maybe even as many as 10."  As of right now, we've been in existence for all of 3 and a half years.  Patience is a virtue. No technology changes that.
« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2006, 11:53pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #97 on: Apr 10th, 2006, 1:12pm »

Just tossing out ideas here.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #98 on: Apr 10th, 2006, 5:54pm »

At this point, more than ideas I need that which makes ideas realities...  Once there, I canNOT wait to pick the brains of the bright minds of the passionate aficionados of our beloved hobby, who are on board the S.S. FantasyFootballer.com ship, including my own to a greater and freer degree.  Point being, my "responses" are only to show that I am not ignoring what's being suggested.  I take it all in.  I'm just painting the picture that,... well,... I'm just stuck.  Year-in-and-year-out baby steps are all that's on the horizon still,... which is fine, but it is looking as though this year's projected slightly bigger baby step is going to have to be postponed... because neither I... nor the whole of the site can come up with enough of "that which makes ideas realities".
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #99 on: Apr 11th, 2006, 2:25pm »

on Apr 10th, 2006, 5:54pm, StegRock wrote:
At this point, more than ideas I need that which makes ideas realities... Once there, I canNOT wait to pick the brains of the bright minds of the passionate aficionados of our beloved hobby, who are on board the S.S. FantasyFootballer.com ship, including my own to a greater and freer degree. Point being, my "responses" are only to show that I am not ignoring what's being suggested. I take it all in. I'm just painting the picture that,... well,... I'm just stuck. Year-in-and-year-out baby steps are all that's on the horizon still,... which is fine, but it is looking as though this year's projected slightly bigger baby step is going to have to be postponed... because neither I... nor the whole of the site can come up with enough of "that which makes ideas realities".

Only you can choose which of your dreams you choose to make your reality.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.