In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 23rd, 2017, 5:10pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron FantasyFootballer.com Featured Leagues

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   between the 20's
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   FantasyFootballer.com Featured Leagues
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: FantasyFootballer.com Featured Leagues  (Read 956 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

FantasyFootballer.com Featured Leagues
« on: Dec 17th, 2005, 3:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Since this is our area to discuss league-related matters, I thought I'd let you all know about the championship runs that are really coming down to the wire here in our featured leagues. Here are direct links to the standings pages...

GBRFL - Will "The Brady Bunch" of Frank Gonzalez be able to claim his second GBRFL championship and stave off Danny Feder who is looking to tie the head honcho 'round here (yours truly) and claim a fourth championship with his "NATION of DOMINATION"?
http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/gbrfl/standings.htm.

GBRFL2 - Will Ray Matty's "Fighting Chiapets" be able to hold off Jeff West's "Amish Jihad"? Both are seeking their first league championship...
http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/gbrfl2/standings.htm.

CBFL - Will our home-team guy Double-D a.k.a. Steve Warner, who just reclaimed the top spot, be able to hold off RotoWorld.com? Double-D, who has been a solid participant in the league every year it has been run here at FantasyFootballer.com is looking for his first championship. He's been close before... Will this be his year? ... Furthermore, which of the bottom teams clawing to get out of the bottom three will succeed in doing so and keep their spot in the league in '06?
http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cbfl/standings.htm.

FUN, FUN, FUN!!!
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2006, 3:00pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: FantasyFootballer.com Featured Leagues
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20th, 2005, 11:17pm »

on Dec 17th, 2005, 3:59pm, StegRock wrote:
GBRFL - Will "The Brady Bunch" of Frank Gonzalez be able to claim his second GBRFL championship and stave off Danny Feder who is looking to tie the head honcho 'round here (yours truly) and claim a fourth championship with his "NATION of DOMINATION"?

Ho, ho, ho...ooold on!  It's almost always too soon to be declaring anything when it comes to GBRFL championships before everything is completely said and done... and with the institution of the new POSTSEASON rule this year, that may not be until February 12th! Markie Hahn looks like he has a little something to say about this before it's all over.  Looks like his team was a little pissy that I excluded him here.  They surely took it out on their opponents this past week, most notably Frankie Gonzo.  But, with a Feder loss, things are REALLY heatin' up and it's lookin' to be a hell of a final "two to seven weeks"... Merry Christmas,... Happy Chanukah... and Happy New Year...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 12:33am »

GBRFL2 - Will Ray Matty's "Fighting Chiapets" be able to hold off Jeff West's "Amish Jihad"? Both are seeking their first league championship...

Well, while Jamie and his Mile High Madness pull even with the Amish, Ray's magic number becomes ONE.  He wins next week, and the "bumper week" becomes academic, at least with respect to the championship.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 12:50am »

CBFL - Will our home-team guy Double-D a.k.a. Steve Warner, who just reclaimed the top spot, be able to hold off RotoWorld.com? Double-D, who has been a solid participant in the league every year it has been run here at FantasyFootballer.com is looking for his first championship. He's been close before... Will this be his year? ... Furthermore, which of the bottom teams clawing to get out of the bottom three will succeed in doing so and keep their spot in the league in '06?

Wow...  While the bottom part of the standings starts to become more lucid:  it's looking like one of the teams is "cemented", so to speak, and destined for a bottom-3 finish, the TOP continues to flip-FLOP.  With two weeks to go, just a little over a point is all that separates first and second, RotoWorld Chris and our Double-D, respectively.  ...  (There Steg goes with those natural rhymin' skillz, again!)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 7:44pm »

Well,... in both of the GBRFLeagues, respectively,... "and, then, there was two"...  Each of the leagues has two teams left in contention,... and in both cases neither of those pairs of teams is the pair I mentioned in the initial post hereof...

In the GBRFL, the magic number for Frank Gonzalez's "The Brady Bunch" is one.  The guy giving chase is not Danny Feder, though.  It is Mark Hahn and his "Drew and the Holdouts", who just handed Franko a huge defeat Week 15.  Markie now gets another shot at Franko as per our final "Bumper Week" format and needs to take him and the team currently in third out AND needs the team currently in last place (eh-hem ... wonder who that is ) to beat Frank.  A TALL order, indeed!  BUT, historically, since adopting this format 10 years ago the last place team has faired fairly well against the top seed, believe it or not.  HOWEVER, Markie may have already screwed himself as it turns out...  This season is our first-ever implementing an "EXTENDED-PLAY Week 17", allowing for team owners/GM's to employ lineups with post-season components; for details, http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=53;a ction=display;num=1135742397.  This ultimately great, innovative idea was the brain-child of... drum roll, please... Mr. Mark Hahn himself, and it could very well cost him a championship here.  In any event, if we were still operating under the old format, he'd be sitting in a MUCH prettier position.  We'd probably even consider him the favorite despite the massive uphill climb he faces given Frank's Indianapolis Colt-laiden roster.  The irony...

In the GBRFL2, we again have the first-place team, Ray Matty's "Fighting Chiapets", entering the final set of games with a two-game lead and a magic number of one.  But, again, here, chase is not being given by Jeff West, who is mentioned in the initial post of this thread, but instead by Jamie Josko and his "Mile High Madness".  Jamie needs all the same dominoes to fall as Markie in the mother league,... unlikely, BUT you never know until the fat lady has finished singing when it comes to the GBRFLeagues' WILD "Bumper Week" and now "NEW EXTENDED-PLAY Week 17" format...

NOW, in the CBFL, we may have a bit of different story, at least with regards to the top of the standings.  Steve Warner and his "Dirk Diggler's Gamecocks" are taking a commanding 60+-point lead into Week 17.  At the bottom of the standings, however, where teams are fighting to maintain their spot in the CBFL for '06, it's still pretty much a dog fight.  Only one team currently in the bottom three is all but guaranteed to remain there, and only one team, the team currently in fifth from last, has perhaps pulled himself out of the muck.  I still wouldn't say he is out of the woods, though, and the other three are in the thick of it, all three within about 18 points from top to bottom...

Woo-hoo!!! Let's brace ourselves for a WILD Week 17... and beyond in the GBRFL, GBRFL2 and CBFL!!!
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 9:16pm »

on Dec 28th, 2005, 7:44pm, StegRock wrote:

...Only one team currently in the bottom three is all but guaranteed to remain there...

I called that many posts ago. It would be nice to play Week  
17 with a QUARTERBACK!

Ah, well. Wait till 2007.....
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2005, 9:17pm by Callie » Logged

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 9:38pm »

on Dec 28th, 2005, 9:16pm, Callie wrote:
I called that many posts ago. It would be nice to play Week  
17 with a QUARTERBACK!

Ah, well. Wait till 2007.....

I'm not referring to you, though, Call...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:32pm »

In the CBFL a Champion has been named...

...as have the three cellar dwellers that won't be returning in '06...

Check it all out at the league site:

http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cbfl/.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 19th, 2006, 2:58pm »

Though the season is not quite yet officially over in the GBRFL2... The Championship has been clinched!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, Ray Matty, on a fantastic effort and well-deserved GBRFL2 Championship!!! Strike up the band...

For details, check out the GBRFL2 league site:

http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/gbrfl2/.
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2006, 2:59pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 26th, 2006, 8:20pm »

Let's break out the band, or should I say, kick it GBRFL-style...

It's official...  The reign of a new GBRFL Champion has begun (at least unofficially as there still are pending results)...

CONGRATULATIONS to Frank Gonzalez and his "The Brady Bunch" on a well-deserved and, moreover, hard-earned GBRFL Championship, his SECOND!!!  He's had a hell of a run over the last number of years into the new millennium.  What way to make it all that much sweeter than to put an exclamation point on it all with a Championship, and, perhaps, just the first!!!???

Art Vandalay
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '96, '05
# 11

Bow to the master

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Jan 27th, 2006, 5:39pm »

Oh my!!  So unexpected!!  So many people to thank...

I have to begin by thanking my family who suported me throught the year.
I have to thank Peyton, Tom and Drew. Without you I couldn't have piled on the passing yards and touchdowns.
Edge and Domanick, always consistent to the end.
Brian, hopefully the Eagles give you your due next year.
Santana, you were a pleasant surprise this year, although I had to endure some ribbing at the draft because of you.
And how can I leave out the Colts defense...or should I thank the schedule makers instead for giving you puff-cakes for your first 10 games.

In any case, I hope I can wear the GBRFL crown with all it's associated laurels, and make the league proud.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU ALL.

I leave you with 3 words.

BACK TO BACK

Why don't you just tell me what you want to see.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.