In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 6:39am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron 2006 Steelkings

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   between the 20's
(Moderators: Head Linesman, Referee, Back Judge, Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Field Judge, Umpire)
   2006 Steelkings
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2006 Steelkings  (Read 364 times)
steelkings

Email

2006 Steelkings
« on: Aug 29th, 2006, 7:08am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Drafted this group for scoring only

1.10  Lamont Jordan
2.3    T. Owens
3.10  Reggie Wayne
4.3    Jake delhomme
5.10  L. Maroney
6.3    Neil Rackers
7.10  Big Ben
8.3   Greg Jones  ( keeper Before Injury)
9.10 Dominic Rhodes (Keeper)
10.3 Lendale White
11.10    Dieon Branch
12.3 Matt Lienert

I since dropped Jones for (Gulp) Travis Henry. Before that I liked my depth at RB. This team has a huge group of question marks. I took a lot of chances. Will T.O play or will he fly like an Eagle? What about Branch? I took Delhomme probably 1 round early, but I think he is gonna roll this year. I like this team if I get a couple of breaks. Unfortunatly the only break so far is Greg Jones breaking his knee.

What do yins think?
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

Re: 2006 Steelkings
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29th, 2006, 9:01am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Overall, it looks good. I don't play in any scoring-only leagues, but it appears that you have a good group there. Branch was an excellent late-round pick-up. He'll turn out to be great value for an 11th rounder. You did get screwed with Greg Jones, but you now own whoever will be handling goal-line carries for the Titans with Henry and LenDale White. Delhomme is solid, and worthy of a 4th, although you probably could have waited a round or two for him.  Big Ben should be a good one without the Bus to punch the ball into the endzone this year. He'll be throwing a few more short passes to Heath Miller and friends. Not sure how Maroney will do TD-wise. Also, what is the deal with people taking Rackers in Rd. 6? Heck, what's the deal with anyone taking ANY kicker that early?
captainpurple
Red Zone Master
# 179

oh Lord, deliver us from the fury of the Norsemen!

folske   casahojo
View Profile

Re: 2006 Steelkings
« Reply #2 on: Aug 29th, 2006, 11:17am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've never done the scoring only either.   But the WRs and QBs are terrific.   Your RBs may be a bit weak, but in a scoring only, are they really?      I can't really say.

Henry/White should be a nice goalline back.  I think Rhodes and Dillon both lose their jobs eventually this year, but Rhodes could still be the goalline option, so he might still be good in this league.

Rackers was a mistake, but you did great otherwise.   Keep us posted!

3 straight underperforming seasons, one nitwit head coach, 2 problem child WRs, 1 collosal trade bungle....but a wild boat party with booze and hookers!!!????? Priceless.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.