In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 10:48pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Rotisserie - Raw Stats Services

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   between the 20's
(Moderators: Side Judge, Head Linesman, Field Judge, Referee, Line Judge, Umpire, Back Judge, Replay Official)
   Rotisserie - Raw Stats Services
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Rotisserie - Raw Stats Services  (Read 1886 times)
Sean_O
Tackling Dummy
# 613

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

Rotisserie - Raw Stats Services
« on: Jun 8th, 2007, 1:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Would anyone be able to tell me where I can get my fantasy league set up with a customizable rotisserie football scoring system? TQStats does not appear to have this option available anymore after they were bought by someone else. They no longer offer custom solutions.
« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2008, 2:46pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Rotisserie
« Reply #1 on: Jun 8th, 2007, 4:38pm »

My main message is going to be, "Whew," I think... But, first off, Sean, to "the Gridiron".  Glad you found the place. Hang out when you can.  We gots a good bunch,... and the scene here will be picking up in short order.

Anyway, on to the more PRESSING matters... as I too have used TQStats's customizable services for the GBRFL for YEARS now.  I think... hope I have good news.  I know there were past years when I too panicked because I could not find their damn raw stats page.  Fact is, it is BURIED, has been for a long time now.  But, I dug around, had to do my annual "refresh my memory" ritual, and I found it.  From all appearances, they're still going to be providing customizable raw stats.  Here's the URL for the "buried" page, brother:  http://www.tqstats.com/leagManager/football/fbrawstats.html.  I hope I'm right and this works (for the both of us). Good luck! Honestly, I am hopeful. But, (in case you deal with this before I do) do let me know how you make out, man.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Rotisserie
« Reply #2 on: Sep 9th, 2007, 4:54am »

Just an FYI,... to any "concerned" parties,... TQStats has raised the price on their raw stats, almost doubled it.  It had been $50 for the season for years, so I guess it was time.  It's $99 for the season now. Expenditures keep a goin' up... while the donations this year take a dip.  Nice...  Oh, well, right?  Thank God Steg's got two nipples... ...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Rotisserie - Raw Stats Services
« Reply #3 on: Apr 17th, 2008, 2:59pm »

Well, I don't know if this is a sign from above, but, ALL things considered here, this is a shot to the ganolies...  Sean_O was a year off...  BUT, the day hath finally come...  I just received an e-mail from TQStats...  They ARE discontinuing their football raw stats services.  This is a killer in terms of the leagues run from this site, the GBRFL, the GBRFL2, and the CBFL, especially the GBRFLeagues as their formats are unique, to say the least.

SO, I need "the Gridiron" minions to start fanning out and looking for raw stats options.  Especially to those interested parties, PLEASE, in your free time, take a few minutes and see what you can dig up.  If we do not come up with anything, I am telling yous all know I am GOING TO need help with this this year (in light of everything, most notably,... the Steglit's arriving probably sometime around Week 12)?

I do thank TQStats for providing a great service to us for about a decade now and for making their announcement so early in the offseason, moreover, by e-mail. You guys, who were a behind-the-scenes part of "the Gridiron" team as I am sure many other teams in the "industry", and this great service you had provided will be missed...

Without further ado, LET THE SEARCH PARTIES COMMENCE!!! ...
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 23rd, 2008, 2:24pm »

I know the webmaster over at CDS had looked for services that provided live stats and said that he found nothing for less than $1000-$2000 a month! I'll check to see if he ran across any that provided raw (not live) stats. I haven't come across any in my searches yet.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 23rd, 2008, 6:38pm »

Thanks for looking into that, Jeff. Just a heads up, for everybody,... Double-D has made some progress on this front.  It looks like he's found a service comparable to what TQStats used to provide, i.e. one that provides the raw stats in a similarly configured format and, more importantly, at a "reasonable" rate for "non-commercial" use, which the GBRFLeagues and the CBFL aren't "really".  But, what Jeff posts is well taken.  It represents the kinds of fees, not just in this area mind you, I'm/'ve been looking at to kick this whole venture up a notch.  Again, there are more "fundamental" things we need, like a site upgrade (so that we can avoid these technical difficulties that we have from time to time here), for which we are talking similar numbers.  This is all, of course, not even to mention the magazine, which would "only" take about $2,500 to get off the ground, but which, as you all can see, I've just given up on (for) this year. And, unfortunately, there is more change to come,... but in due time,... in due time...
Drew Rosenhaus
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '93, '03, '07, '12, '18, '22
# 54

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Apr 24th, 2008, 2:23pm »

I could be way off with this one - when I ran a "fun" league way back I seem to remember that CBS Sportsline, if you ran a league with them, offered spreadsheets with the raw data. Am I thinking of something else/way off base?

She turned me into a newt!
A newt?
I got better. Burn her anyway!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 24th, 2008, 8:58pm »

Markie, brah,... yea,... you are a bit off-base.  Among a number of factors, the important ones with this stuff regard configuration options and file format.  By configuration options I mean that a) ALL of the statistical categories you need b) in the format you need them/in a reasonably close enough format to the one you need for which reformatting won't give you a major migraine are available.  That's just the beginning, and I'm fairly certain anything available for free is not going to pass that test.  BUT, the issue of file format is even more important.  The stats have to be downloadable/able to be received in a file format that can be readily imported into a spreadsheet program, in this case Excel.  That typically means that they need to be provided either in Excel directly (which AIN'T happenin' for free) OR, the industry standard, as (ASCII) text, ".txt" format, with the stats in each stat line separated by a single space-bar stroke.  Hell, to paint the picture here more clearly, most of the places that even post stats on-line do not even make it easy to cut-and-paste them anymore, no less provide them in one of the aforementioned formats free of charge.  Along these lines, if you are thinking you can just cut-and-paste them from a web page that posts them on-line (and, thus, in HTML format) into your spreadsheet, you gotta start thinking again.  That ain't how it works.
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Apr 29th, 2008, 1:48pm »

on Apr 24th, 2008, 8:58pm, StegRock wrote:
Markie, brah,... yea,... you are a bit off-base.  Among a number of factors, the important ones with this stuff regard configuration options and file format.  By configuration options I mean that a) ALL of the statistical categories you need b) in the format you need them/in a reasonably close enough format to the one you need for which reformatting won't give you a major migraine are available.  That's just the beginning, and I'm fairly certain anything available for free is not going to pass that test.  BUT, the issue of file format is even more important.  The stats have to be downloadable/able to be received in a file format that can be readily imported into a spreadsheet program, in this case Excel.  That typically means that they need to be provided either in Excel directly (which AIN'T happenin' for free) OR, the industry standard, as (ASCII) text, ".txt" format, with the stats in each stat line separated by a single space-bar stroke.  Hell, to paint the picture here more clearly, most of the places that even post stats on-line do not even make it easy to cut-and-paste them anymore, no less provide them in one of the aforementioned formats free of charge.  Along these lines, if you are thinking you can just cut-and-paste them from a web page that posts them on-line (and, thus, in HTML format) into your spreadsheet, you gotta start thinking again.  That ain't how it works.

Actually... Mark is right in that Sportsline does provide free customizable stats and also gives you the option to save it as an Excel file. They also provide a lot of different stats (2 pt conversions, completion percentage, field goals by length... I think they probably offer just about everything you'd need. I'll send you a PM with my Sportsline login/password so you can check it out and see if it meets your needs...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Apr 29th, 2008, 6:35pm »

Received! Thanks!  Will try to take a look-see over the weekend!
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: May 12th, 2008, 7:35am »

Hey Steg... Didja ever get a chance to look things over?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: May 12th, 2008, 10:38pm »

Still haven't...  Can't seem to come up for air... Plate's full...  Problem is, so is my tummy.  ...  I am optimistic based on your messages, though, Jeff.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Sep 14th, 2008, 2:13am »

on May 12th, 2008, 7:35am, Philly wrote:
Hey Steg... Didja ever get a chance to look things over?

I would like to send out a BIG THANK YOU out to Jeff West for pointing me in the direction of the CBSSportsLine option and, well, his account. After FINALLY getting the opportunity to poke around, some 4+ months later mind you, it ended up being a very fruitful, albeit about five-hour, mission.  It proved to be the best option of those I looked at, in terms of what we specifically need, and the access he has granted me,... the GBRFL,... has saved the day for us,... me.  Though it may be too late at this point, it could even save the day for the little ones... But, in any event, thank you for the trust you have showed you have in me, Jeff, and for helping me out here.  You've saved me, at least, $100, not to mention the configuration headaches I would have had to deal with if I had to go with one of the other services I was looking at. That's "substantive"!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.