In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 19th, 2017, 2:45pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Steg's List/CBFL - "Pick Steg's Picks" Contest

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   between the 20's
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   Steg's List/CBFL - "Pick Steg's Picks" Contest
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Steg's List/CBFL - "Pick Steg's Picks" Contest  (Read 1690 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Steg's List/CBFL - "Pick Steg's Picks" Contest
« on: Jul 18th, 2007, 7:42am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Pick Steg's picks throughout the CBFL Draft and, when you're right, get $$$ off the "Total Package" or the "Season Package" over at StegsList.com. Every time you correctly predict Steg's pick, you'll get a dollar off the PREMIUM service of those two of your choice. The CBFL Draft goes 16 rounds, so you stand to get the "Total Package" or "Season Package" for right around HALF price. ...

Here's the pick order:

Round 1 - Larsen89, rotoworldchris, PrimeTime, Chili D., Chumpzilla, cwhams, Takamine305, Whammer, StegRock, rickgpin, BarnabyWilde, DB

Round 2 - DB, BarnabyWilde, rickgpin, StegRock, Whammer, Takamine305, cwhams, Chumpzilla, Chili D., PrimeTime, rotoworldchris, Larsen89

Round 3 - Takamine305, Whammer, StegRock, rickgpin, BarnabyWilde, DB, Larsen89, rotoworldchris, PrimeTime, Chili D., Chumpzilla, cwhams

Round 4 - cwhams, Chumpzilla, Chili D., PrimeTime, rotoworldchris, Larsen89, DB, BarnabyWilde, rickgpin, StegRock, Whammer, Takamine305

Round 5 - StegRock, rickgpin, BarnabyWilde, DB, Larsen89, rotoworldchris, PrimeTime, Chili D., Chumpzilla, cwhams, Takamine305, Whammer

Round 6 - Chumpzilla, cwhams, Takamine305, Whammer, StegRock, rickgpin, BarnabyWilde, DB, Larsen89, rotoworldchris, PrimeTime, Chili D.

Round 7 - Chili D., PrimeTime, rotoworldchris, Larsen89, DB, BarnabyWilde, rickgpin, StegRock, Whammer, Takamine305, cwhams, Chumpzilla

Round 8 - Whammer, Takamine305, cwhams, Chumpzilla, Chili D., PrimeTime, rotoworldchris, Larsen89, DB, BarnabyWilde, rickgpin, StegRock

Round 9 - BarnabyWilde, DB, Larsen89, rotoworldchris, PrimeTime, Chili D., Chumpzilla, cwhams, Takamine305, Whammer, StegRock, rickgpin

Round 10 - rickgpin, StegRock, Whammer, Takamine305, cwhams, Chumpzilla, Chili D., PrimeTime, rotoworldchris, Larsen89, DB, BarnabyWilde

Round 11 - PrimeTime, Chili D., Chumpzilla, cwhams, Takamine305, Whammer, StegRock, rickgpin, BarnabyWilde, DB, Larsen89, rotoworldchris

Round 12 - rotoworldchris, Larsen89, DB, BarnabyWilde, rickgpin, StegRock, Whammer, Takamine305, cwhams, Chumpzilla, Chili D., PrimeTime

Round 13 - cwhams, Chumpzilla, Chili D., PrimeTime, rotoworldchris, Larsen89, DB, BarnabyWilde, rickgpin, StegRock, Whammer, Takamine305

Round 14 - Takamine305, Whammer, StegRock, rickgpin, BarnabyWilde, DB, Larsen89, rotoworldchris, PrimeTime, Chili D., Chumpzilla, cwhams

Round 15 - DB, BarnabyWilde, rickgpin, StegRock, Whammer, Takamine305, cwhams, Chumpzilla, Chili D., PrimeTime, rotoworldchris, Larsen89

Round 16 - Larsen89, rotoworldchris, PrimeTime, Chili D., Chumpzilla, cwhams, Takamine305, Whammer, StegRock, rickgpin, BarnabyWilde, DB

Predicting my picks is quite doable given the positional constraints of the CBFL. Here are some links that'll help you out in your mission of predicting my picks...

The CBFL Draft thread -
http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=54;a ction=display;num=1184758697.

The CBFL League site -
http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cbfl.
(The "Rules/Scoring" page will be of the most help to you.)

CBFL Cheatsheets/Commentary thread here "between the 20's" -
http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=56;a ction=display;num=1184758786.

Okay,... with that now all out of the way,... how do you go about submitting your predictions of Steg's picks???

HERE ARE THE RULES...

You are to submit your predictions by PRIVATE MESSAGE to "Referee". Here is a direct link for that:
http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=;act ion=imsend;to=Mod1.

Your predictions have to be in to "Referee" at least ONE MINUTE before Steg makes his pick, SO follow that draft order!!!

To keep this honest, "Referee" will NOT log in to collect the predictions until AFTER the CBFL Draft is OVER!!! And, in any event, you can check to make sure there are no shenanigans by visiting your "Outbox". If you still have the option to "Call back" your private message, it hasn't been accessed. In fact, on that note, if you are wrong in a prediction, I am SURE that Referee would appreciate your "calling that private message back" so it's one less message for him to sift through.

That should do it... Let's do this... The draft has commenced, so go figure this sucker out...
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2007, 9:09pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Steg's List/CBFL - "Pick Steg's Picks" Contest
« Reply #1 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 5:05pm »

Everybody who wants in in???  I'm up, but I'll give yous a little time to jump in here.  ...  Actually, perhaps, I should be asking this...  Is ANYBODY in???  A show of hands, please... A show of a hand...
Takamine305
Head Coach
Fmr. CBFLer
Champ - '09
# 539

I love ''the Gridiron''!

takamine0889   LWOOD88
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 5:07pm »

One secod Steg...I'm just now reading this...

I'll have a predction up in minutes though...

thanks...sorry...

When a defining moment comes...you can either define the moment or let the moment define you!!
Drew Rosenhaus
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '93, '03, '07, '12
# 54

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 5:08pm »

I have sent a guess. I doubt I will be able to follow the entire draft though...

She turned me into a newt!
A newt?
I got better. Burn her anyway!
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 5:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I'm in and I already sent my guess
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 5:52pm »

Alright,... everybody in for Round 1???

I haven't quite made up my mind yet, but, given the direction I am leaning in (predictable if you even remotely know anything about me), I think this is going to be an EASY one for yous to get. SO, DON'T MISS OUT ON SAVING A BUCK!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 6:07pm »

SO, how many of yous got that right???  EVERYBODY???
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 7:40pm »

Just to let yous know, you're not out of the running if you missed Round 1.  You can jump in ANY round!!! SO, bring it on!!! Earn those StegsList.com discounts!!!
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 8:18pm »

Hey Steg... I just tried sending my Round 2 pick to Referee and got the following message:

Referee could not be messaged.
The usernames are either invalid, or they have you on their ignore list.

I sent it to your Admin account instead. Don't open it yet (there's a warning in the subject line to that effect too).

Interestingly, I went to my outbox and it didn't show the earlier pick I sent you (did you get it?) or even the one I just (apparently) sent successfully to Admin...

For what it's worth, I did predict the 1st one correctly. It was pretty obvious. But if you didn't get it, then don't count it.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 8:54pm »

on Jul 18th, 2007, 8:18pm, Philly wrote:
Hey Steg... I just tried sending my Round 2 pick to Referee and got the following message:

Referee could not be messaged.
The usernames are either invalid, or they have you on their ignore list.

I sent it to your Admin account instead. Don't open it yet (there's a warning in the subject line to that effect too).

Interestingly, I went to my outbox and it didn't show the earlier pick I sent you (did you get it?) or even the one I just (apparently) sent successfully to Admin...

For what it's worth, I did predict the 1st one correctly. It was pretty obvious. But if you didn't get it, then don't count it.

First of all, I'll take your word for it about Round 1.  You've at least earned that.

Second, EVERYBODY, remember Referee's username is "Mod1", not "Referee".  Just use that link in the initial post above.

Third, Jeff, you said you sent your Round 2 pick to my admin account.  If you mean this one, username "admin", display name "StegRock", I didn't receive it.  Try sending it again, preferably, to Referee.

Fourth, EVERYBODY, I only received four predictions for Round 1. (Five, if you include Jeff's here.)
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 9:00pm »

Steg... I biffed and tried sending it to "Referee" and it failed, so don't count the first one. My own fault.

I did try sending one to "admin" and "StegRock" and both of them produced the same error message. I know I've sent things to "admin" before, so I don't know the issue (unless I am on your ignore list).
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 9:03pm »

on Jul 18th, 2007, 9:00pm, Philly wrote:
Steg...  I know I've sent things to "admin" before, so I don't know the issue (unless I am on your ignore list).

You probably are!

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 9:10pm »

on Jul 18th, 2007, 9:00pm, Philly wrote:
I did try sending one to "admin" and "StegRock" and both of them produced the same error message. I know I've sent things to "admin" before, so I don't know the issue (unless I am on your ignore list).

Well, the username is "admin", not "StegRock".  Anyway, I just gave it a whack myself, and it worked.  So, it must have been an anomaly.  Oh, and NO, you are NOT on my "ignore" list.

BUT, in any event, you all should be sending your picks for this contest to "Referee", username "Mod1", not me.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 9:15pm »

Round 2 picks in, fellas...???
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 9:25pm »

Okay, I'm picking...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 10:49pm »

Did no one get my Round 2 selection correct???  It was surely MUCH tougher/less predictable than my Round 1 choice.  That said,... for those who know me,... Benson had to be in mind.
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Jul 19th, 2007, 9:43am »

on Jul 18th, 2007, 10:49pm, StegRock wrote:
Did no one get my Round 2 selection correct??? It was surely MUCH tougher/less predictable than my Round 1 choice. That said,... for those who know me,... Benson had to be in mind.

I missed, but then again, the pick seemed a little bit surprising, based on your work in the recent Huddle Mock Draft (which I used to make my prediction). You chose 3 different RBs and 2 WRs in the mock before Cedric Benson went off the board (taken off by yours truly, no less).

Hmm... I guess I'll have to figure out a new prediction strategy since recent history is proving unreliable.  
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Jul 19th, 2007, 1:55pm »

Well,... I wouldn't totally go throwing out our recent Huddle as a resource, though, truth is, I did not have my own rankings lists put together by that time. Now, I do. But, in any event, when push comes to shove, in a draft, you have to adjust to: the "actual" flow of the draft, the "specific" rules and guidelines in play (safe bets are key in the CBFL), "real-time" calculations of where you can draft guys and get the best value for them regardless of your own opinion and ranking, etc., etc. A good drafter is a flexible drafter. That said, there are other resources. One reason I went with Benson over the (now, according to my current rankings lists) one running back I have ranked ahead of him is because I have him in the GBRFL and wanted a guy I could whole-heartedly root for. The other guy I don't.

Okay,... I hope all you all's Round 3 predictions are in. I've got a pick to make...
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2007, 2:05pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Jul 19th, 2007, 10:49pm »

By the way, did anybody pick me pickin' Torry Holt???  "I" might not have gotten that one, not in the sense that it wasn't the right pick, but in the sense that Holt is not your typical "Steggie" player...
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 9:35am »

Hmm... I went into my private messages and tried to send to Mod1 from there and I got that error message again. I've been able to send things to other members from there, so I'm not sure the problem.

The link, above, does work for me though, so I'll keep using that one.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 12:10pm »

Good luck with that!

And, are you all's Round 3 picks in???
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 1:12pm »

Round 5 pick, just two picks away,... probably within the hour...
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2007, 2:34pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 1:32pm »

I DIGRESS...
    Incidentally, there is a "particular" method behind the madness of the Ahman Green pick in Round 4... that could prove to be useful in relation to what's going on here... and the quest to save a few buckaroos...
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2007, 2:34pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 2:35pm »

I hope you all's Round Fives're in...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #24 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 10:39pm »

Does everybody... anybody who wants in have their Round 6 picks in already???
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.