In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 8:11am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron 2008 Total Post-season Contest LINEUP SUBMISSIONS

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   between the 20's
(Moderators: Line Judge, Head Linesman, Field Judge, Referee, Replay Official, Umpire, Back Judge, Side Judge)
   2008 Total Post-season Contest LINEUP SUBMISSIONS
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2008 Total Post-season Contest LINEUP SUBMISSIONS  (Read 4837 times)
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

Re: 2008 Total Post-season Contest LINEUP SUBMISSI
« Reply #50 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 4:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Adrian Peterson
WR: Braylon Edwards

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #51 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 8:03pm »

Pro Bowl

QB - Peyton Manning
RB - Adrian Peterson
RC - Reggie Wayne

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
rickgpin
GM
# 487

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #52 on: Feb 9th, 2008, 10:46am »

Pro Bowl  

QB  - Derek Anderson
RB  - Adrian Peterson  
WR - Braylon Edwards

Ozark Hellbenders:TBD
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #53 on: Feb 10th, 2008, 3:08am »

I DIGRESS...
    on Feb 9th, 2008, 10:04am, steelkings wrote:
    Hey Mort, Callie and Barney,

How long do you suppose Payton is gonna play in the Pro Bowl?

BTW- Its not a doctored picture. Its from Colts.com. Its a picture(one of many) from the pro bowl.
    http://colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=9407cf48-a99f-44d9-a5 80-47eb8a528fd7

Not to mention that this post is misplaced, but something about it seems NOT to be in the spirit of "competition".  Lame!  Not well thought through...  Inappropriate.  In the wrong place, at least, and one last thing to make me go... this season.
bgsgfan
Red Zone Master
GBRFL2er
CBFL Champ - '03
# 18

He ain't on the all-time list because he's pretty.

View Profile

« Reply #54 on: Feb 10th, 2008, 3:12pm »

QB: Derek Anderson
RB: Adrian Peterson
WR: Braylon Edwards

11/20/04 - Buckeyes salvage season by stomping that team from up north. (Posted 11/14/04)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #55 on: Feb 10th, 2008, 4:41pm »

Pro Bowl

QB - Matt Hasselbeck
RB - Marion Barber
RC - Terrell Owens
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #56 on: Feb 10th, 2008, 9:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Feb 10th, 2008, 3:08am, StegRock wrote:
I DIGRESS...

Not to mention that this post is misplaced, but something about it seems NOT to be in the spirit of "competition".  Lame!  Not well thought through...  Inappropriate.  In the wrong place, at least, and one last thing to make me go... this season.

He was sitting in second place with everything to lose when he sent this out. I don't think it was done maliciously, or in the anti-spirit of competition. I believe Todd was just simply asking the question about Manning. Fortunately for me and my "SPYGATE" methods,  I used this picture to change QB's and picked up Romo, and subsequently his 2 TD's. Probably not enough to win me anything but...didn't hurt none either!!!
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2008, 9:10pm by MordecaiCourage » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #57 on: Feb 10th, 2008, 10:51pm »

While I think it was well-intentioned, I just don't think it's an advisable kind of post to make in connection with this.  It sets the wrong precedent.  I agree with you, MC, about the circumstances this time around.  However, it's the kind of post that, if it were made under different circumstances, like by a person out of the running, it could definitely cause hard feelings.  At least, it should have been posted on the discussion thread (where sk ended up moving it after the fact), but ultimately it would have been most appropriately placed on the "Colts In-season Report" thread up in "the Red Zone".  Anywhere directly connected to this and there is potential for a problem.  Up there, and it's just reporting a news item.  This is a good case in point of how important the placement of posts can be.  Here and it's a potential disaster.  Over on the discussion thread for this and it's better but still (ethically) questionable.  Private messages to Callie and BW were also an option (but what would be up with that?).  But, ultimately, up on the thread in "the Red Zone" and it's good to go.  No one can complain about its being reported up there.  Bottom line, I appreciate guys' thinking things through (because, forget about little BS like this, ultimately, that's the only way they'll come to appreciate the "bigger picture" vision I have for this place).  It's guys who mess this kind of stuff up who I find are also the guys who have a hard time getting the bigger picture and what I am up to here (and then foisting on me how they think I should run this place, which I'm not even hearing because I know it hasn't been formulated with "all things considered" in mind).  It is in that way that these little things (that go against the fundamental grain of the site) matter and why I address them (in) the (somewhat demanding) way I do.
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

« Reply #58 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 10:49am »

on Feb 10th, 2008, 9:10pm, MordecaiCourage wrote:

He was sitting in second place with everything to lose when he sent this out. I don't think it was done maliciously, or in the anti-spirit of competition. I believe Todd was just simply asking the question about Manning. Fortunately for me and my "SPYGATE" methods,  I used this picture to change QB's and picked up Romo, and subsequently his 2 TD's. Probably not enough to win me anything but...didn't hurt none either!!!

Who cares! It was funny! Some people have no sense of humor around here. Makes me wonder...

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #59 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 6:50pm »

In Americanaville, I don't think there is a shortage of giddiness, "bull rushiness", brevity, "smooth-it-over-ness", "thin-skinned-ness", selfishness and, frankly speaking, bullshit.  Quite the contrary, there is a shortage of seriousness, calm deliberation, depth, willingness for head-on confrontation, "tough love", (true) "thought"fulness and straightforwardness.  ...  I have an uncle.  Dear heart!  He laughs everything off, though.  I love him, I guess, but, honestly, I barely know him, though I know his jokes all too well.  ...  Look...  Don't get me wrong.  I was senior superlative "Class Clown" back in the day.  I love to laugh.  I love to make people laugh.  I think laughter is good for both the soul and the body.  But, I also know that it's a fine line.  It has its place.  People hide behind humor.  And, humor can be an impediment to both getting to know others as well as self-awareness.

Okay, now laugh and giggle away...
« Last Edit: Feb 11th, 2008, 8:23pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #60 on: Feb 11th, 2008, 8:29pm »

(Addendum to the first paragraph, at least, of post immediately above...)

... And, it's tough enough knowing who you are dealing with in this cyber environment...
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.