In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 24th, 2017, 5:07pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron "between the 20's Weekly Bitchin' - Weeks 1 - 10"

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   between the 20's
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   "between the 20's Weekly Bitchin' - Weeks 1 - 10"
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: "between the 20's Weekly Bitchin' - Weeks 1 - 10"  (Read 669 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

"between the 20's Weekly Bitchin' - Weeks 1 - 10"
« on: Sep 8th, 2008, 3:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here is another one of our fun participatory threads here "between the 20's". It is called "between the 20's Weekly Bitchin'". Here, you are to list the player(s) for the week, the one or ones who particularly... -ed you in the... and were the key(s) to your loss(es). I really think we can have some fun venting our frustrations here together! You can expect this to be up by Wednesday from here on out! HAVE FUN gettin' it ALL out, fellas!!!

Remember the complementary weekly thread to this one for the opposite circumstance: "between the 20's Fantasy MVP's of the Week"!!! Make sure to check it out!!!
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2008, 3:10pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Travistotle
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '06
# 414

Semper Philosophans

View Profile

Re: "between the 20's Weekly Bitchin' - Weeks 1 -
« Reply #1 on: Sep 8th, 2008, 10:32pm »

To Carson Palmer (99 yards passing, 0 tds), Vince Young (similar), Maurice Jones-Drew (20-ish yards rushing, no tds), and Fred Taylor (20-ish yards rushing, no tds) -- &$#!*@!

Well done, boys.  You did a great job -- bumbling idiots.  

DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 8th, 2008, 10:59pm »

So much for the Chargers Defense!!!  Bastards!

And I would also like to thank L Coles for 5 yards, Houshmazadeh for a whopping nothing day, and what day would be complete without Bulger sucking ass?

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 8th, 2008, 11:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Ricky, Ricky, Ricky ......why you gonna flash some game this preseason only to look like an a$$-clown in game 1? Colsten.....say what? Hey SJax...how 'bout gettin' in camp just a little sooner next time!  
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2008, 11:58pm by MordecaiCourage » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 14th, 2008, 3:48am »

Don't know if the Stegeman-led, 2-and-0, top-of-the-heap squad in the GBRFL, the "Ruthless Burgers", has a whole lot to complain about... The only two guys who came up flat for me were Bernard Berrian and Ted Ginn, and, with the flex lineup option, I only played them in one of my games, so the damage was minimal... as my 2-0 record attests. And, really, I have myself to blame for throwing Ginn, a project and future prospect, in my lineup.  But, at the end of the day, my only goes to Berrian.  Come on, man!  Let's step it up!  I'm counting on you...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 21st, 2008, 3:45am »

Three tiers of crap in an 0-and-2 "reality check" week for the still rebuilding Stegeman squad...

The least of the worst... Ryan Grant.  Dude...  It was the Lions, and a high-scoring, by and large, blowout, a tailback's dream.  You go 10 for 25...  Are you kidding me?

The medium portion of crap... Bernard Berrian.  Where are you, dude?  I hope you can now show up with "Gus" at the helm. This leads me to...

The worst of the worst... Tarvaris Jackson.  Boy, am I glad I traded for you this preseason!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 28th, 2008, 1:27am »

Another 0-and-2 week Week 3...  NO fantasy MVP's to cheer about... Here's my list of losers:  Ben Roethlisberger, Hines Ward, Kellen Winslow, Warrick Dunn, Anthony Gonzalez, Tony Gonzalez, and, otherwise, my team was just flat overall.  Those are just the dishonorable mentions...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 1st, 2008, 9:45pm »

Come on,... Ryan Grant... Pierre Thomas,... heading to the Week 5 chop block.   The Deuce is back.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Oct 1st, 2008, 10:08pm »

Hank Baskett deserves my hatred!!!  After 2 solid weeks and named a starter, he comes up with ONE catch for 5 yards.  Pathetic.  

Derek Anderson is a close second.  He is obviously heading to the bench real soon.

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 9th, 2008, 9:05pm »

The guy was injured, so strictly from a fantasy perspective, Anthony Gonzalez.  Also, kinda gettin' down on Selvin Young at this point.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 25th, 2008, 5:45am »

Not too much to bitch about, internally at least, Weeks 6 and 7, during which I've gone 2 and 1.  The one loss Week 6 was a toughie, a 6-pointer to the top dog in the league. Edwards doesn't catch that touchdown Monday night, and I win.  And, it would have been a great win to get under my team's belt here this year 1) so as to tighten up the standings and put my team even more in the thick of it, but also 2) because it would have been proof in the pudding of my team's having finally turned the corner.  Ah, such is life...  Week 6 bitches:  Ted Ginn (who has subsequently been cut), Cedric Benson (who, thank goodness, I haven't cut), and Anthony Gonzalez.  Week 7 bitches:  Warrick Dunn, but I really can't complain at all about the overall performance I'm getting from him this year.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 2nd, 2008, 1:10pm »

Let me quickly get my 0-and-2 Week 8 bitching out of the way before I go and jinx my Week 9... The bottom line, the guys who could've made it interesting for me last week but TOTALLY blew it: Big Ben, Hines "the Insanity" Ward and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Witten also killed me, but he got injured, and Dunn was brutal, but he too was banged up, and I also expected much more out of Benson against the Texans. Come on, guys!!!
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2008, 1:16pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Nov 6th, 2008, 4:10am »

Two weeks in a row, no wins...  LOTS to bitch about, most notably including myself for not having the fantasy football wisdom to play a starter slated to get the bulk, if not virtually all, the carries, Cedric Benson, over a career backup whose starter was back from injury, Mewelde Moore.  That would have given me a win. I ultimately, in my "infinite" fantasy football wisdom, heeded Fanball's take, which was that Parker would only get a handful of touches and probably end up splitting time with Moore. Besides that, Roethlisberger was terrible again, and, as I stated up in "the Red Zone", probably needs to rest that shoulder for a few weeks.  Hines Ward was pretty weak again for a second consecutive week.  Steelers boned me again this week.  It seems like as the Steelers go, so goes my team.  It's because of my reliance on so many of them.  But, also, the Buccaneers D didn't do a whole hell of a lot to help the cause Week 9.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 13th, 2008, 3:27pm »

Well, through 10 weeks Steg's "Ruthless Burgers" of the GBRFL stand at 8 - 9.  Still improving, in fact, MUCH improved and looking up.  However, Week 10, I could have easily gotten two wins, instead of just one,... if not for a few particular (fairly) lame performances.  BUT, more than the players themselves, I pretty much want to blame the coaching staffs of, respectively speaking, Shaun Hill (do I really have to elaborate?), Selvin Young (could Shanny be running these guys into the ground more?), Derrick Ward (could his run calls have been any lamer and at lamer times?) and the Pittsburgh Steelers D [could Ben (who, mind you, is on my team, but was on my bench this past week in favor of Hill, but whose yardage totals would have won me the second game) and the offense have put them behind the eight-ball more?].
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.