In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 21st, 2017, 2:49am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron "between the 20's Fantasy MVP's for Weeks 1 - 10"

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   between the 20's
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   "between the 20's Fantasy MVP's for Weeks 1 - 10"
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: "between the 20's Fantasy MVP's for Weeks 1 - 10"  (Read 816 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

"between the 20's Fantasy MVP's for Weeks 1 - 10"
« on: Sep 8th, 2008, 3:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here is another one of our fun participatory threads here "between the 20's". It is called "between the 20's Fantasy MVP's of the Week". Here, you are to list your key player(s) for the week, the one or ones that were key to your victory(ies). I really think we can have some fun with this! You can expect this to be up by Wednesday from here on out! HAVE FUN, fellas!!!

There is also a complementary weekly thread to this one for the opposite circumstance: "between the 20's Weekly Bitchin'"!!! Make sure to check it out!!!
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2008, 3:09pm by Stegfucius » Logged
MordecaiCourage

Email

Re: "between the 20's Fantasy MVP's for Weeks 1 -
« Reply #1 on: Sep 9th, 2008, 12:01am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Barber, Turner, and McNabb.....glad I started you studs in my $$ league! You three alone would have won that game for me... Andre Johnson and Cotchery, I'll give you guys a   for having above average games too.
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2008, 12:04am by MordecaiCourage » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 14th, 2008, 3:54am »

The league-leading, 2-and-0 record of the old Stegger's "Ruthless Burgers" of the GBRFL admittedly has to be attributed to a team effort.  Standouts were few, heck, even absent.  So, let me just list ALL the starting guys in my two lineups minus the two I had reason to bitch about (on the other thread)...

QB's - Ben Roethlisberger, Chad Pennington and Tarvaris Jackson

RB's - Ryan Grant, Selvin Young and Warrick Dunn

RC's - Hines Ward, Anthony Gonzalez, Kellen Winslow and Jason Witten

PK - Mason Crosby

DU - Pittsburgh Steelers

If I had to give one game ball out, I suppose it would be to the Curtain...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 21st, 2008, 3:51am »

In an 0-and-2 week, during which I lose Jackson and then also Thigpen in a free-agent debacle, I don't know if I can find much, if anything, to be happy about.  Here's what I got to offer up this week:  RC's Hines Ward, Anthony Gonzalez and Jason Witten, and a group of scrub RB's, who as a group produce okay (at least in the GBRFL format), Warrick Dunn, Selvin Young, Derrick Ward and Pierre Thomas.  Kudos too to a great defensive effort again.  This time it was the Bucs.  But, the situation Week 2 was ultimately hopeless. D couldn't save the day.
Travistotle
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '06
# 414

Semper Philosophans

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 27th, 2008, 10:07pm »

A little late, but here it is.  

MVP for Week 3 is obvious: R-O-N-N-I-E  B-R-O-W-N!!!!!!!! Go Ronnie!    Unreal, dreamworld fantasy production.  

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 28th, 2008, 1:30am »

NOTHING like Ravenous T.'s Ronnie Brown to tout here... This is just for the record as I really have NOTHING to cheer about Week 3...  BUT, I am liking Derrick Ward's efforts.  If Jacobs were to go down, Ward could really be a nice get.  In fact, I don't think it is totally beyond the realm of possibility for Ward to overtake Jacobs by the end of the year.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 1st, 2008, 10:14pm »

Times are surely a changing in the NFL and the GBRFL.  I remember a day in age when, in the GBRFL no-tight-end format, TE's like Mark Bavaro and Keith Jackson were the best the NFL had to offer, statistically speaking; in the GBRFL, they were at best one-week filler and never remained on any roster for more than a couple weeks, that is if they were picked up at all.  Fast-forward ahead to 2008... This past week, my three starting receivers, all of whom put up solid-to-decent numbers and, moreover, who, on their own (i.e., my running backs pitched in nary a catch), won me the receiving category 15 to 3, were... TE Jason Witten, TE Tony Gonzalez, and TE Kellen Winslow, all three holdovers from my '07 squad, i.e. guys I protected.  Awesome, job! Game balls to all!

I DIGRESS...
    On this... , are you all noticing the evolution in the tight-end position in the NFL?  It really is evolving into less of a blocking and more of a receiving position.

Also, VERY honorable mention goes to the Steelers D/ST and honorable mention runner-up is QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, whose 4-for-41 rushing was huge in my win and especially painful for my opponent who has,... eh-hem,... didn't have Carson Palmer this past week.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 9th, 2008, 9:24pm »

Well, a 2-and-0 week for the Rocker has him full of game balls to distribute...

But, I digress...  I, first, want to share my ultimate MVP's of the week with yous, the guys beyond game balls:  fellow GBRFLers, Travis Cooper, Joe Parsons TWICE-over, Steve Warner, and Danny Feder (who has Willie Parker, mind you) for passing on MEWELDE MOORE and letting him fall to little old me to insert into my lineup (and Feder's ass, helping me beat the crap out of him 49 to 0).  In fact, I wouldN'T have beat Trout without Moore.

As for game balls, what a team effort:  QB's Ben Roethlisberger and Chad Pennington, RB's Ryan Grant, Warrick Dunn and the aforementioned Mewelde Moore, RC's Hines Ward, Jason Witten and Bernard Berrian, PK Mason Crosby, and DU's the Pittsburgh Steelers and Philadelphia Eagles.  We had very few clunkers this past week.  Game balls to all...

And, here are some balls for Ravenous T, the Parsons Project, Double D, and Dr. Redef... Get to work, boyz!  , you can jump in there and get a little of that, as well...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 25th, 2008, 5:54am »

LOTS to cheer about and little to bitch about Weeks 6 and 7 as we go 2 and 1 and, moreover, I think, start to turn the corner. It really was, yet again, a TOTAL team effort that put us over the top here these two weeks.  Game balls... Week 6 in the win over DOLFAN (Joe):  Chad Pennington, Ryan Grant, Warrick Dunn, Bernard Berrian, and the Eagles D/ST; honorable mention in our razor-thin loss to top dog Drew Rosenhaus (Markie):  Derrick Ward (and, again, Pennington, Grant, Berrian and the Eagles).  Week 7:  Ben Roethlisberger, Chad Pennington, Ryan Grant, Mewelde Moore, Hines Ward, Bernard Berrian, and the Buccaneers D/ST.  Lookin' good and lookin' up, boyz!!! Let's keep...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 2nd, 2008, 1:17pm »

With regards to the aforementioned (on the "Bitchin'" thread) 0-and-2 Week 8, there's not much to... about... Some honorable mentions in a terrible week: Chad Pennington, Mewelde Moore and Tony Gonzalez. Good job, guys! I hope we all work together better this week...
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2008, 1:18pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 6th, 2008, 4:16am »

In a second winless week in a row, again there is not much to cheer about here in Steggieland.  Thumbs up to a few valient efforts:  Chad Pennington, Derrick Ward, Bernard Berrian and Anthony Gonzalez.  But, the biggest thumbs up goes to Cedric Benson, who spent the week on my bench (behind Mewelde Moore, mind you, which cost me a win) and, moreover, who appears to finally be getting his career untracked.  Good for him!  I'm really starting to think that next season could be his breakout year. Better late than never!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 13th, 2008, 3:39pm »

Well, I did get back off the shnide with one win Week 10 (should've gotten two ), and, boy, were my receivers, TWO tight-ends mind you in a no TE-required format, something special:  Tony Gonzalez, Kellen Winslow and Hines Ward (who's kind of more like a tight-end himself ). Game balls to all... {Of course, honorable mention goes to Bernard Berrian for, in having a terrible game, at least "made it a point" to not have ANY catches/stats, which, in this format, allows you to get the next guy on your lineup list, which in my win was Gonzalez [in my loss (we can submit two different lineups in weeks where we have two games) it was Winslow who I had fourth on my list of receivers].} ...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.